[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 44 KB, 496x384, 1278662075945.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1283403 No.1283403 [Reply] [Original]

Fellow /lit/erati, I am in a bit of a bind. I've got a persuasive speech due in about 16 hours and I cannot for the life of me get a topic together.
I need something quantifiable that presents a call to action. I tried reading to kids, but the problem is I can find plenty of information /about/ but nothing on /why/ in any school databases.
I started researching this a week ago and I'm still stuck with a whole lot of nothing. The biggest complications in choosing a topic is picking something that will have a specific action to persuade people to do, and also have quantitative evidence that supports it.

Yes, yes, this is a homework thread, but I'm not asking you to do any of it-- that's up to me. I'm just asking for ideas as a way of brainstorming, because the few ideas I've had are shit, incredibly difficult to research, and I'm in panic mode at this point.

>> No.1283573

Just finished a paper explaining why public servants should support net neutrality. Theres a lot of good information out there. Check out Net Neutrality or Net Neutering. I think there's a full text available online.

>> No.1283614

>>1283573
That's a little bit too specialized for what I'm aiming for, and doesn't really have a specific call to action, but I appreciate the suggestion anyhow.