[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 36 KB, 427x550, 2004-1793.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12818439 No.12818439 [Reply] [Original]

The apocalypse isfinished, today it is the precession of the neutral, of forms of the neutral and ofindifference. I will leave it to be considered whether there can be a romanticism, anaesthetic of the neutral therein. I don't think so - all that remains, is the fascination fordesertlike and indifferent forms, for the very operation of the system that annihilates us.Now, fascination (in contrast to seduction, which was attached to appearances, and to dialectical reason, which was attached to meaning) is a nihilistic passion par excellence,it is the passion proper to the mode of disappearance. We are fascinated by all forms ofdisappearance, of our disappearance. Melancholic and fascinated, such is our generalsituation in an era of involuntary transparency.

I am a nihilist.

I observe, I accept, I assume the immense process of the destruction of appearances (andof the seduction of appearances) in the service of meaning (representation, history,
criticism, etc.) that is the fundamental fact of the nineteenth century. The true revolution
of the nineteenth century, of modernity, is the radical destruction of appearances, the. disenchantment of the world and its abandonment to the violence of interpretation and ofhistory.

I observe, I accept, I assume, I analyze the second revolution, that of the twentieth
century, that of postmodernity, which is the immense process of the destruction of
meaning, equal to the earlier destruction of appearances. He who strikes with meaning is
killed by meaning.

The dialectic stage, the critical stage is empty. There is no more stage. There is notherapy of meaning or therapy through meaning: therapy itself is part of the generalizedprocess of indifferentiation.
The stage of analysis itself has become uncertain, aleatory: theories float (in fact,
nihilism is impossible, because it is still a desperate but determined theory, an imaginaryof the end, a weltanschauung of catastrophe).

*1 Analysis is itself perhaps the decisive element of the immense process of the freezingover of meaning. The surplus of meaning that theories bring, their competition at thelevel of meaning is completely secondary in relation to their coalition in the glacial andfour-tiered operation of dissection and transparency. One must be conscious that, nomatter how the analysis proceeds, it proceeds toward the freezing over of meaning, itassists in the precession of simulacra and of indifferent forms. The desert grows.

>> No.12818448

>>12818439
>I am a nihilist.
I still want the memepic of him talking about how ridiculous he was for just writing that as a paragraph and expect to be taken seriously.

>> No.12818454
File: 94 KB, 680x788, 73a.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I am a nihilist

>> No.12818459

Baudrillard, Jean. A nonentity. Means nothing to me.

>> No.12818995

Bump

>> No.12820036

Bump