[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 76 KB, 575x340, scottpilgrim_pspgo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1269252 No.1269252 [Reply] [Original]

I've asked for the following:
Galapogos-Kurt Vonnegut
Cat's Cradle-Kurt Vonnegut
House Of Leaves- Mark Z Danielewski

I'll see if I can pick up some others at a used bookstore or something.

>> No.1269255

Interesting

>> No.1269259

this post should be preserved as the perfect faggot

>> No.1269264

I don't think I've asked for a single specific thing for Christmas since I was 11 and that was for a badass AT-AT Walker

>> No.1269265

Well we still do lists here in Britain.

>> No.1269266

I'm too old and poor to ask for things for Christmas.

>> No.1269271

>>1269265
Yeah shut up and go back to sucking mommy's breasts you colossally shitty excuse for a human, why don't you stop asking for bullshit for Christmas expecting everyone to do everything for you while you buy them bullshit penny store trinkets and maybe one or two decent gifts so people get off your back and while you're at it why don't you actually reflect on how superficial and shallow your family celebrations are, trading gifts as if that's an adequate substitute for tangible personal interactions, fuck you're a despicable piece of shit I bet the whole time at Christmas you're hoping everyone just keeps that happy family shtick going so there's no silence where everyone has to frantically find something to say to fill the vacuous void that is the emotional bonds within your family fucking spoiled shit families i bet you secretly wish you had an alcoholic dad so you all could have something to force you to come together and love each other and instead you're stuck with this dull separation brought through indifference.

>> No.1269274
File: 16 KB, 169x242, greg-woods.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I never ask for anything but my family always asks what I want out of tradition. Usually I just say I don't know and they stock me up with all my toiletries for the year. Five boxes of tampons under the tree for the win.

Maybe this year I'll just send around my wishlist though. Hm.

>> No.1269275

>>1269271
holy shit

>> No.1269276

>>1269274
lol, santa gets you cuntplugs every year

>> No.1269280
File: 142 KB, 734x2178, skrills.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1269276
And it's always funny because they even wrap everything up too. Really Santa, you don't need to wrap up half a dozen bottles of shampoo. Though I am grateful, saves a lot of money. I never ask for money 'cause I know I'd just blow it all.

>> No.1269281

<Yeah shut up and go back to sucking mommy's breasts you colossally shitty excuse for a human, why don't you stop asking for bullshit for Christmas expecting everyone to do everything for you while you buy them bullshit penny store trinkets and maybe one or two decent gifts so people get off your back and while you're at it why don't you actually reflect on how superficial and shallow your family celebrations are, trading gifts as if that's an adequate substitute for tangible personal interactions, fuck you're a despicable piece of shit I bet the whole time at Christmas you're hoping everyone just keeps that happy family shtick going so there's no silence where everyone has to frantically find something to say to fill the vacuous void that is the emotional bonds within your family fucking spoiled shit families i bet you secretly wish you had an alcoholic dad so you all could have something to force you to come together and love each other and instead you're stuck with this dull separation brought through indifference.>

Bet you got raped at Christmas

>> No.1269282

>>1269280
a friend of mine always gets socks for his birthday, i think they are always the same socks as well. pretty neat

>>1269281
are you trying to greentext here? im not sure what you're doing... please explain yourself

>> No.1269283

I was, and dude you have mental problems or something...Go see a therapist.

>> No.1269285
File: 18 KB, 135x303, gregg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1269282
I'm always in dire need of socks by the end of the year. I'm very careful about laundry, I put my dirty clothes in the basket as soon as I take them off, I don't mix my clothes with other people's clothes, as soon as they're done I fold them all up and socks get folded together in a pair and put in a bin with the other socks. And I still end up with maybe four pairs at the end of the year. meh

>> No.1269290

>>1269283
im not the angry person but i thought it was pretty funny anyway (in the way that it was exaggerated but a bit true and it hurted a little)

>>1269285
i have the same thing except that im pretty careless with socks and seldom wear a matching pair

>> No.1269293

hahah, a wannabe Tyler Durden are we?

And I rarely wear socks in doors, fabric itches my feet a little that gets super annoying.

>> No.1269296

>>1269293
i dont get the reference but if you're not wearign slippers in the house you're a footnoob

>> No.1269297
File: 26 KB, 305x435, funny-fingers-in-cool-positions181.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1269293
same here, I only wear them when I wear tennis shoes. And I've NEVER been able to sleep with socks on, I always wake up during the night and push them off no matter how cold it is :o

>> No.1269298

Well in fight club Tyler Durden is this wannabe revolutionary who is trying to sway The Narrator away from material goods and wants him to be his own person instead of going with societies flow. That post sounded very Tyler-ish.

>> No.1269300

I'LL PROBABLY BE ALONE THIS CHRISTMAS.

:(

>> No.1269304
File: 26 KB, 251x446, steph-gallant.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1269300
>yfw

Go find a Christmas party or something, I like being alone but if it's gonna get ya down then at least make an effort to do something :/

>> No.1269309

>>1269298
i'm just too lazy to arrange my socks. hope this helps, later!

>> No.1269336

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Chronicles-Conan-Robert-Howard/dp/0575077662/ref=pd_sim_b_9

I'm getting a new Violin so I didn't ask for much else.

>> No.1269869

Dubliners
Pale Fire
Heart of Darkness
Notes From Underground

>> No.1269872

Is this only for this year, or do past years count as well?

I haven't asked for ANYTHING this year. Yet.

>> No.1269876

I tend to just ask for gift cards, though I rarely even get that ;_;

>> No.1269885

>>1269336
Violin? That's gay bro, play the piano like me.

>> No.1269887

I would ask for books but I have so many books I have to read/finish reading that I already own. When I finally graduate, I'm going to read them with no problems whatsoever.

If I could ask for more books, I would just ask for any Hercule Poirot books that aren't Murder on the Orient Express.

>> No.1269907

I made an amazon wishlist for my friends to get me something from mainly because we're all sick of buying each other drink.

IT has Naked Lunch, Crying Lot of 49, Finnigans Wake, House of Leaves and Notes From the Underground.

>> No.1269914

I'm glad to see house of leaves getting the love it deserves...btw does anyone know where to find an ebook of the hundred year sword by mark z danielewski?