[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 59 KB, 680x680, IMG_1754.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12590221 No.12590221 [Reply] [Original]

there are six books that i have started and am currently reading. does reading multiple books simultaneously hurt one's understanding of their content?

>> No.12590254

>>12590221

i dont think so but im pretty sure theres going to be subtle influence on how some of those texts will be influenced based on whatever it is your concurrently reading. im actually try to come down from the five that im reading at the moment just so i can focus more on engaging with a single book at a time. this also depends on the kinds of books that youre reading. if youre reading treatises and novels as opposed to self-contained stories, poems, essays etc, i think youll see more convolution, like in a mathematical sense.

>> No.12590323

bump

>> No.12590385

I feel like this just helps me read more, and makes reading less of a chore, because the reason I'm cycling between them is that what I'm "in the mood for" changes. So I'll read 200 pages of 3 different books a week and be engaged with all of it, rather than forcing myself through 100 pages of something I'm only half-invested in.

>> No.12590400

>>12590221

It doesn't hurt if the books are very different from each other. It helps if some of them are episodic in some way. It helps if the books are in different formats. It helps if you focus on a few despite having many more on the go. Differentiation is key though.