[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1019 KB, 2660x2996, 1549154086920.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12562626 No.12562626[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

the doomer has more interesting taste imo

>> No.12562635

Was Dostoevsky more of a doomer or a bloomer?

>> No.12562648

>>12562635
dosto was pretty pessimistic i wouldnt say he was a doomer though he was a christcuck and that was the only thing that gave him hope

>> No.12562659

>>12562626
>several books /lit/ constantly shills
>more interesting

Even though the bloomer has typical taste, it's good taste and implies a more coherent worldview.

>> No.12562755

The trouble with the bloomer books I think is that they don’t provide as much emotional denouement, which despite everything /lit/ seems to especially like with aesthetic bliss being secondary, that the doomer books have. It’s like Marinetti said in his futurist manifesto, a good book should be like a blow with a fist, and the doomer books certainly have that. Identifying with the doomer is almost a masochistic practice, and for anyone who likes a good struggle in their life, books for the “bloomer” really don’t seem as interesting but more of a dry intellectual exercise, or books the average person who is not as “in” with literature would read just for the sake of reading them. In short they don’t appeal to pathos as much.

The meme is oft set up that the doomer should eventually evolve into the bloomer with increased age and awareness, but here he doomer could become an Ivan Karamazov like character, and I’d find someone like that more interesting to know than some Daoist who spouts Alan Watts

>> No.12562760

Astronomy for incels