[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 10 KB, 174x289, ladda ned.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12426564 No.12426564 [Reply] [Original]

I don't get this book. Lots of strange words and characters. I have difficulties processing the information. I am bet confused. I did not have any trouble understanding the five "A Song of ice and fire" books. I feel low IQ.

>> No.12426574

maybe you just dont like it and your mind is telling you to look for something else

>> No.12426582

I am reading it right now and I love it

What do you find difficult?

>> No.12426613

I tried to read the 1st book but the writing was kinda bad and awkward and I've never been a fan of decadence and rot, so I dropped it after 5 or 6 pages. Much later I tried it again and it wasn't that bad, eventually read the rest of the series. It definitely picks up after they leave that place they're guarding.

And btw, the first 100-200 pages of Game of Thrones make no sense if you get distracted with the names and places the first time you read them, lmao.

>> No.12426674

>>12426582

I have no idea what's going on. So, they make a deal with someone on a ship to seize power from the syndic. Why did they kill the unarmed soldiers in that camp outside of Beryl. Why are they by some lighthouse. Why do they need to be evacuated. What is going on. I don't follow.

>> No.12426743

>>12426674
This is all spelled out eventually or you might have missed it.
The Black Company is one of the oldest and most respectable mercenary companies. Mercenaries are paid to provide services. The Syndic paid them to protect the city. The pay was low, the conditions were getting worse, then there's a werecat or some shit. They are approached by another party in need of their services, but since they have a contract, they can't leave and they cant return the money.
So they discuss it and eventually decide to fuck the Syndic and GTFO of there

>> No.12426755

>>12426674
... have you considered you might have to just read more to learn what's going on? You're definitely low IQ though

>> No.12426780

>>12426564
lol I was obsessed with these boooks in 6th - 8th grade. What a throwback.

>> No.12427168

>>12426564
tell me about it, I am reading Way of Kings and I am still waiting for the "click" that will make it awesome. I want to try something else but after reading it for so many fucking days, I feel guilty to do it.