[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 31 KB, 324x499, unabomber.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12423869 No.12423869 [Reply] [Original]

"Modern leftish philosophers tend to dismiss reason,
science, objective reality and to insist that everything is
culturally relative. It is true that one can ask serious questions about the foundations of scientific knowledge and
about how, if at all, the concept of objective reality can
be defined. But it is obvious that modern leftish philosophers are not simply cool-headed logicians systematically
analyzing the foundations of knowledge. They are deeply
involved emotionally in their attack on truth and reality.
They attack these concepts because of their own psychological needs. For one thing, their attack is an outlet for
hostility, and, to the extent that it is successful, it satisfies the drive for power. More importantly, the leftist hates
science and rationality because they classify certain beliefs
as true (i.e., successful, superior) and other beliefs as false
(i.e., failed, inferior). The leftist’s feelings of inferiority
run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of
some things as successful or superior and other things as
failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many
leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of
IQ tests. Leftists are antagonistic to genetic explanations
of human abilities or behavior because such explanations
tend to make some persons appear superior or inferior to
others. Leftists prefer to give society the credit or blame
for an individual’s ability or lack of it. Thus if a person is
“inferior” it is not his fault, but society’s, because he has
not been brought up properly" - Ted Kacznski

>> No.12423942

>i have to maim and kill to get people to read me

Thats tripfag logic taken to its extreme, that right there.

I think its immoral to read him. If his manuscripts didnt use blood for ink nobody would bother.

Try thoreau, edward abbey, aldo leopold or wendell berry

>> No.12423962

>>12423942
It is a bit morbid. I think that's why reading it is so... interesting. I don't agree with what he did, he could have just published the damn thing and it probably would have picked up steam over time.

But at the same time, it's the writings of someone who was willing to do evil things in order to get his manifesto read. He must be serious.

>> No.12423968

Who are these "leftists" that i hear so much about?

>> No.12423973

>>12423968
>it wasn't real communism
>those aren't really leftists

>> No.12423990

>>12423962
Evil is easy. Wouldn't it be nice to find some strange logical loophole that permitted-- better still, demanded-- that you do evil? Only for good of course! You could smash a man's face in and talk with your angels all at once. Or pull off the bank robbery you've dreamt of. Or use that gun you bought, the one you like to hold while looking in the mirror, trying some demon on for size. It would be so easy.

Whereas to do what is good, is a painful and endlessly trying thing. The blood would come from your own heart. The pain would be yours, and the ironic smiles would be in your direction. They would whisper, to themselves or to others, that you fancy yourself some sort of saint, and you would blush at the speed of your own good deeds.

Easy now.

>> No.12423994
File: 512 KB, 1200x1647, Christ-and-Pilate-ESN-3.17.17-1200x1647.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I stopped caring about epistemology when I read this verse:

>Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

>Pilate saith unto him, What is truth?

>> No.12424296

Why?

>> No.12424379
File: 125 KB, 712x767, tatt_band.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12423869
He got humanity it figured out.

>>12423990
Being "evil" is normal nature and that is why the world is a mess.
Did you stop eating dead animals breed only to feed your evil mouth?

>> No.12424793

>>12423942
faggot

>> No.12424952

>>12423869
*Ahem

E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U LE L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U LE L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L E L L U L

>> No.12424959

Ted made great points and I can't agree more with his thought that tweed wearing Professor types are the root of all evil.

But he repeats the points after the first 3 chapters like a fucking schizo.

>> No.12424978

>>12423869
It's funny how most of these things can be ascribed to modern vocally anti-left people

>> No.12424981

>>12423942
I love that he's the ultimate aspie too.

>super smart respected man
>tries to market his smartness
>is a fucking autist and can't relate to his students
>its_the_children_who_are_wrong.jpeg
>proceed to try to teach society a lesson with bombs made of wood

>> No.12425106
File: 152 KB, 1200x1620, modern leftism.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12424978
really? it seems like an unique leftist trait

>> No.12425393

Uncle Ted was right about nearly everything but ruined his credibility when he decided to commit acts of domestic terrorism