[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 142 KB, 1080x1350, 1542303046705.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12418478 No.12418478[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

You think there is any solution to this? We are all ignorant. You can spend your entire life dedicated to a tiny subset of a field of hard science and still only end up as an expert by the end of your life in that particular sub field, not the entire discipline.

You think even the academic EXPERTS have an accurate grasp of complex systems like social interaction, politics, psychology, economics, etc? These "sciences" are still in their infancy and most people studying this stuff rely on the many compounding presuppositions and cultural norms to form their concept of truth. How many of these social studies written, curated and published by EXPERTS can even be replicated?

How the hell do you expect the average person to have a grape of what's true for economics, philosophy, politics, psychology, etc. All simultaneously? How the fuck do you think people can do this when society becomes exponentionally more complex due to increasing rates of change and population?

Nobody has any fucking idea what's true outside of objective sciences. Humanity has an ignorance problem but that does not necessitate a solution. The problem is eternal.

>> No.12418485

cunny

>> No.12418496

lovely eyes, I hope she'll grow up to be a respectable woman
also I can't answer your question because I know nothing

>> No.12418502

Good thing the population doesn't have to be well educated.

>> No.12418505

>implying we even know what's going on in the objective sciences
We don't need answers, and in any event, as all our actions are governed by emotion anyway, increasing the amount of accurate information makes no difference to anything.

>> No.12418508

>>12418502
What if everyone was well educated? Would a society like that flourish or fail?

>> No.12418524

The solution is transhumanism. Our job as mankind is to create a self-learning AI and quietly fuck off into biological extinction, hoping that our silicon children will do better.