[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 81 KB, 386x500, screaming20zombie1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1239722 No.1239722 [Reply] [Original]

Begin a zombie-story?

I feel like too many characters are waking up in hospitals, got any ideas?

>> No.1239730

write it from the zombie's point of view, looking back at his life (?) as a zombie.

>> No.1239739

You pull over into a Burger King, late at night, to go take a shit. Run into the bathroom because your stomach's gurgling. While on toilet someone comes in. It's a zombie. Wat do?

>> No.1239788

>>1239722
Start it off with some fucker who spends all day on the internet, who never reads or watches news, and has no idea the outbreak is happening until he finally looks outside his window, four days after the event started, to see an woman who looks injured shuffling down the street. He hears the crack of a distant gunshot, and assumes in a moment of confusion that the shambling person is a shooting victim. "Are you alright?" he calls to her. She turns, her mouth drops open, and as she begins to moan he can see that three fingers on the left side of her hand are missing, and some of her hair and scapl has been torn away.

Good?

>> No.1239806

Start at the end, with him stick in a little room with zeds outside the door banging on it for hours and hours. Then flash back.

>> No.1239807

Go with the Shaun of the Dead approach. Some dude just going about his daily business, then bam: zombies.

>> No.1239838

I was in my first year at university. One day, my roommate says "Hey, I'm running to the store. Need anything?" and I was like "No."

On the way out the door, he says "My girlfriend is on her way over, keep her occupied until I get back."

So, I'm sitting there with my feet kicked up on the desk surfing /b/, when there's a knock at the door. I say "Come in," and this fucking gorgeous woman walks in and says "Where's Steve?"

>>She sees /b/ on my laptop
>>She instantly goes insane
>>She wants my bra-a--aains

>> No.1239872

Hmmm OP here and this is my thoughts so far:

A male student who is failing miserably, he is depressed (crawling back to his parents and a student debt bla bla bla.) he is considering suicide.

Then he meets this girl through the internet (Real girl! No beard or anything! Not even fat!) he falls in love, she lives far away. She travels to him and they have a great time (at least he thinks so) but after she's gone back to her place, she falls of his grid. She doesn't come online doesn't respond to phone calls.

The guy doesn't take this well, locks himself in his apartment with booze/games/movies.

He wakes up some time later and Zombies.

Just a summary, I like the “locked into cellar with flashbacks” but not my “make the character miss the apocalypse by having him play games for a few days...”

All feedback appreciated

>> No.1239879

Guy and friends are pretty pissed with The Establishment after they get busted with durgs. In jail the cops on guard get attacked as they look on.

Queue Lord of the Flies style self-destruction.

>> No.1239882

>>1239879
omfg that's a fantastic idea for a short story man.

>> No.1239887

Begin the story with the character's death by zombies. Zombie tales are supposed to have a theme of inevitable doom, what better way to begin the story with this than have the reader know the entire time there is no end for the main character other than (un?)death

>> No.1239907

>>1239788
Didn't I read that in World War Z? The Japenese kid I think was very similar to that

>> No.1239908

I would love to read a zombie story that starts out in a safe city, but an isolated one. Slowly, the zombies close in, bullets run low, food etc. People start to turn on each other, society collapses, you know, the usual zombie stuff.

>> No.1239913

The man who creates the virus that zombies almost everyone, living alone at last, immune and master of the world of peace he created.

He spends the film hunting down the last survivors intent that all humans must die, at the end he falls in love with the penultimate human(hot chick) and so has a really nice meal as he is going to live with her for the rest of their lives but its poison food...final scene - them both choking to death, a smile on his face as he watches the sunset.