[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 33 KB, 307x475, fletch cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1237130 No.1237130 [Reply] [Original]

Ahoy /lit/,

I decided I wanted to write a crime/mystery short-story... But now I can't figure out who the murder is. Give me some reasons for murder in an American city of about 4 million people?

Happens in an apartment complex, the victim is a blonde coed killed and left floating in the pool, on a float.

The married fuckbuddy? The boyfriend who just found out about the fuckbuddy? The jealous manager who wasn't getting any? All too obvious. Any ideas?

>> No.1237131

... "Who the murderer is." Wow. Not off to a good start, am I?

>> No.1237134

How about some random asshole looking for a thrill.

>> No.1237138

Eh, I don't think there's any payoff in that. If (it doesn't suck and) the readers invest this much time into it, I think it would be pretty fucked up to leave them off with that.

>> No.1237144

>>1237130

The pool boy is an aspiring artist and he thought a corpse in the pool would be a cool statement.

Nah but really though if it isn't someone who's connected to her, and it isn't some random bro, who can it be? Plenty of people get killed in cities that size, maybe just do a little research on some local murders or something for an idea you like.

>> No.1237150

>>1237144
Oh I don't mean it necessarily isn't someone connected to her, I mean to ask: What other types of connections would inspire the want to kill?

What are other good motives to kills than love (boyfriend,) unrequited love (manager,) and the threat of ruination (the married fuckbuddy,) that I could use?

I mean maybe she was a camwhore and someone fixated on her and discovered that she wasn't an angel, and was actually a whore?

Maybe it was her father for the same reason?

Maybe it was the wife of the husband?

I'm just curious as to what are some good (or at least believable) reasons to murder.

>> No.1237178

>>1237150

I like the dad thing. Maybe her dad did one of those things where he was gone when his daughter was growing up so he goes on a dad pilgrimage to see her and redeem himself and all that shit and then he sees the bimbo his genes produced and he goes bugshit on her. You could do like a dad side story where he travels and shit to find her and then BLAMMO.

>> No.1237202

Hm, I pulled that out of my ass... But I may well run with it! Thanks!