[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 341 KB, 657x527, 1546307217919.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12343074 No.12343074 [Reply] [Original]

is it possible to live off being an author?

Do I have potential? I want to go all in because my parents are starting to force me to get a job which I understand but i don't want to be a wagie for the rest of my life.

The boy's head beat to the sound of drums as he stood in the corner of the elevator descending into the red labyrinth with his hands frozen on the bar counting to one-thousand and staring below his feet, which situated a cracked glass sheet: in order that he may meet his father who's premature absence was responsible for his dysfunctional pre-teen psyche – the moods and behaviours he often exhibited towards others unfamiliar – and reclaim the life that once belonged to him a couple of years ago; he had not the faintest idea as to the reason for his summons in this particular location, as all he knew were the coordinates from the letter he had received not a few days earlier, nor for what purpose or extent the law was involved, but his faraway mother was his only concern, his passion, his zest, and for that he kept on.

As he was pondering his home, the elevator door jerked open, exposing a still hallway that veered with a bent to the left. He felt naked.

>> No.12343098

I really need some encouragement. I just feel like I'm a bum.

>> No.12343106

>>12343074
>is it possible to live off being an author?
Yes, but it's very, very, unlikely and is pretty much only doable if your work gets adapted into something people actually give a shit about like a film or a Netflix series.
>Do I have potential?
I didn't even read any of your post past this question, but the answer is: no.

>> No.12343115

>>12343106
Why are people on this board so negative and nay-sayers like what even. Aren't we supposed to build eachother up? I mean come on all I have is this board.

>> No.12343141

>>12343115
Do you know how Charlie Parker became Charlie Parker?

>> No.12343178

>>12343141
no