[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.00 MB, 2000x1598, LITERATUREE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12303079 No.12303079 [Reply] [Original]

I d rather read Nabokov and Pynchon over Nietzschean, Freudian or Hegelian BS. I really dont feel like needing help to understand the world and life, I would rather enjoy nice prose, plot reconstruction, different styles, linguistic exercises than more retarded self help bullshit.

>> No.12303092

>>12303079
ok

>> No.12303096 [DELETED] 

>>12303079
*walks up to mic*
>This goes out to all the ladies in the audience tonight!
*to the tune of we built this city*
>We poopy shitty!
>We poopy shitty big fart butt hole!

>> No.12303550

truth

>> No.12303586

Sounds like a nice philosophy.

>> No.12303637

Pynchon and Nabokov are significantly over-average writers. As a matter of fact, most of the kind of fiction writers people here on /lit/ meme are significantly better than the kind of philosophers people talk about. When have you ever seen people discuss fiction writers from more than a century ago who aren't part of the Canon? Never.
Yet many times you will get people recommend obscure, misogynistic, or idealistic philosophers just because they happened to btfo somebody else. Think of, for example, all of those Nietzsche and Schopenhauer imitators we've seen threads on.