[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 32 KB, 318x500, pkkd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12237897 No.12237897 [Reply] [Original]

>The landscape is deformed out of recognition by the Lie. Its gloom is everywhere, and we encounter nothing we recognize, only familiar things without the possibility of accurate identification.
There are only shocks, until we grow numb, are paralyzed and die. When I suddenly stopped believing in the Lie I did not begin to think differently—I saw differently, as if something was gone from the world or gone from between me and the world which had always been there. Like a scrambling device that had been removed: deliberate scrambling. All, suddenly, was clear language. God seemed to seek me out and expressed things through things and what took place. Everywhere I saw signs along a path, marking His presence.

should I seek psychiatric help if philip k dick's exegesis makes sense to me?

>> No.12237909

>>12237897
No, but You shouldn't take it too seriously either.

>> No.12237954
File: 107 KB, 2500x1250, npc-meme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

here is philip k dick talking about NPCs in the late 70s in a letter to a friend,

The black iron prison is the corpus of the great it as it was; our world is the process
metamorphosis, interim, of an insect-like camouflaged, mimicking organism. It was this whose “still
small voice” spoke to Elijah.
This breakthrough realization unifies all my themes:
(1) What is reality really? Not what it appears.
(2) There are “androids” or “the mantis” among us which appear human but only
simulate humans.