[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 74 KB, 750x760, friedrich-nietzsche3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1221982 No.1221982 [Reply] [Original]

hey /lit/, who is this and what did he do

>> No.1221984

hitler
some subhumans like jews need to be put down

>> No.1221986

>>1221984
you're not very good at this. go back to the fridge and cry + eat + not post

>> No.1221987

>>1221984
No silly! That's George Orwell, he wrote books such as Gravity's Rainbow and Atlas Shrugged.

>> No.1221989

nietzsche

>> No.1221991

Mr. Moustache. He grew an epic moustache.

>> No.1221994
File: 1.45 MB, 320x240, EfozA.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i've seen this gif come by a couple of times but i just realized the man poops in mid air

>> No.1221995

Josephat Booth.
Kentucky Moustache Contest silver medallist, 1908.

>> No.1221999

>>1221986
im not fat & i dont eat much.

>> No.1222007

op here all wonderful answers thank you

>> No.1222008

>>1221999
please take the 3 donuts and half a chicken out of your mouth before posting, i cant hear you!!

>> No.1222012

>>1222007
the dude actually launches 3 decent sized chunks of poop out of his butt while floating in air for only hald a second

>> No.1222022

>>1222012
*half, sorry. also, after closer inspection it hink the aforementioned 3 turds are actually 4 turds

>> No.1222032

hmm , i thought /lit/ was better then this but all we seem to talk about is poop guess we should change it to /poop/

>> No.1222036

>>1222032
all in favor say aye

aye

>edit: this thread was retarded anyway

>> No.1222038

op here aye

>> No.1222049

That is Farnsworth T. Mustache.

He was the inventor of the mustache.

>> No.1222061

>>1221982

that's keirkegaard, he's famous for writing A Few Good Men and the quote "I think, there for I am"

>> No.1222094

It is tybrax before she got fat.

>> No.1222100

>>1222094
she had the funkey moustache from birth though, as it actually is a bite of her mothers pubes tybrax took while flopping out of that nasty fuckspelunk (she already started eating before she started breathing)

>> No.1222128

Friedrich Nietzsche. He lived during the second half of the 19th century, and he was a philosopher. He wrote many books and is kind of famous for writing in a kind of poetic and pompous fashion, I guess generally unusual in philosophy, as well as for being fond of aphorisms. You know, stuff people will quote you for? Par exemple, he invented that one about what doesn't kill you, making you stronger.

One can also say he played a very important part in sending Western culture into postmodernism. Nietzsche famously, in his typical pompous fashion, declared that God was dead; Freud demonstrated that humans were ruled by things outside of their control through his introductions to the concept of subconsciousness; and Einstein showed us that time and matter wasn't constant. Which left Western culture hanging in the air with no clear holding points. A cultural event also known as postmodernism, and to a certain degree modernism. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKdDbktVKUI

In any case his theories first and foremostly sprung out from the idea that nothing can really be known about the world for sure. Language is just metaphore laid upon metaphore to the point that we don't know what it originally meant, and it's always used in very vague ways. For example we use the word “book” when referring to all books when they are in fact individual things and in truth very different from each other. Also. When you say something is a “book” you're not actually capturing the object, but just an abstract idea translated in such a way to be able to fit into human thought processes. Because of this trying to learn anything, as it actually is, is impossible.

>> No.1222129

>>1222128

Furthermore there is no such thing as objectivity. When you perceive the world you perceive the world as yourself, and when someone else perceives the world this someone else perceives the world as themselves. Likewise when a hypothetical God perceives the world, or a bird for that matter, they perceive the world as themselves. Talking about an objective world is talking about a world that is perceived by no one, and thus doesn't exist. Which is absurd.

Nietzsche warned the rise of nihilism where people would be caught up in the absurdism of this, though he perhaps didn't use those exact words, and was thus a kind of prototype existentialist: He wanted the individual to ignore these outer matters which they had no control of and create their own lives with their own values and ideas. Which is pretty much what most existentialists think. You know. Sartre and his chick. Camus. Those guys. But! Nietzsche went further than that. His idea of freedom was the ubermensch who, aware of the subjectivity of the world, would shape the world as he or she willed; and once they had done so, the ubermensch would overturn this as well, like Palahniuk puts it “kill your Buddha”, and shape their life once again, eternally fighting against the established.

>> No.1222132

>>1222129

Today, in pop-culture, Nietzsche is most often put in connection with school killers, black metal people and Hitler. This actually makes little sense as Nietzsche is not really in tune with them. Even though these people all kind of associate with him. At least I don't think so. The first ones usually like him because he idolizes people who are different, which is funny since romanticists also do without anyone ever having found Keats in any of those people's cupboards, and the black metal people I guess just enjoy him for spending half his life attacking the church and claiming that if there were any moral dichotomies they would be strong/weak, in which case it would not only be okay to torture someone if you could get away with it, but it would be your moral responsibility. Which I guess black metal people think is wicked. As for Hitler, well, I guess Nietzsche would have enjoyed him trolling Europe with his values, at first, but he would without any doubt just as soon lashed out against him as soon as he started getting big, i. e. Nietzsche was the original hipster.

To me Nietzsche is more of a romantic. He spent half his life fighting for the individual's right to exercise their will on the world, to shape it as they wish, but was actually clumsy, pretentious and lonely; the everything in his world a chick who he spent all his life trying to impress, proposing to her every year for like 40 years, before he finally contracted syphilis, hereby implied from a prostitute, went mad, attacked a horse, and was put in a care home.

;__;

Better luck next time, bro.

>> No.1222137

>>1222132

Also. He's Kitzo Hekotormos's favourite writer. Which I guess. Will impress some of you.

>> No.1222139

>>1222137
woah...

>> No.1222140

joking, i have no idea who Kitzo Hekotormos is

>> No.1222142

>>1222140

He's a 20th century French-Japanese poet and writer. Most famous for this thing called "Quietude and Diffidence". It's his only work in Japanese, the rest of them strangely enough in Esperanto, and concern themselves with the usual themes: The social implications of incest, dealing with nihilism and creating your identity.

It's a three-part book about a samurai called Azumo. In the first one we get to know him, and see him enter a sexual relationship with his sister. In the second part we have strangely enough been moved to contemporary time and contemporary France and we follow Azumo as he continues his relationship with his sister having fled Japan. In the third part he ends up in this bizarre place, some kind of vacuum between fiction and reality, where everything comes together in the infamous chess sequence.

Except for the clear continued heritage of Nietzsche's thought in his dealings with nihilism, their prose is sometimes similar, both are fond of aphorisms, and there is a scene where he attacks a horse which is either a reference to Dosteovsky homaging Nietzsche or the other way around.

In any case, great writer. You should deff check him out. I'd save the poems until you're a bit familiar with him. They really are bizarre...