[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 279 KB, 1600x1200, Blat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12129977 No.12129977 [Reply] [Original]

"The religious narrative that lies necessarily at the foundation of our culture."

I hate cultural relativism too, but your generalizations are not going to result in a mass that ends up with similar universal UN human rights outlooks just by siding with their cultures supposed historical foundations in religious narratives. You might be doing well right now with this simplification of the foundations of whatever specific western culture your obscurely consolidated image is suppose to represent, but the level of ignorance of history and religion will wane with your popularity and then reality will overcome these people's fickle mindsets and you'll be left wealthy and renowned and a failure for not having denounced some hypocrisy before the next good war ensues. (Awaiting your tears along with some more weapons contracts for trigger-happy pedo-Saudis with your exact outlook on life, by the way.) Just speculation and boo-speak, but then I want only to help.
---
Nihilism is an aspect of reality that can be realized through a transcendent experience. This innate nihilism is what you need to speak about when talking about Christianity, that the noble lie is only about maintaining the institution which shelters the individual liar, but upon release is an act of grace, a God-given (ie. empathy maximizing) speech act. When next the church goes to war, nihilism becomes a gift given to more than just priests or hucksters, it is a gift to those who realize what those lies have done and why it was good to lie in the first place. Throughout the world nihilism serves mankind just as you do, just as Jesus did, and we should be thankful for each nihilist's existence as a witness to God's grace.

So I am sad that your pragmatic valuing of the status quo narrative about our cultural origins are wrong or oversimplified. I wish only that transcendent reality will reign you in. Much too late are the odds I see, but I also see a good opening for you in a later market of packaged consolidation and sympathy. I'll be laughing. And you'll have moved on to fixing your household again.

>> No.12129985

>>12129977
Work on your English, but you are right. Jesus is what people call a nihilist. But transcendent.

>> No.12129988

>>12129977
ugh, peterson is a postmodern neomarxist

i need a new conservative daddy

>> No.12130029

>>12129985
My use of the term transcendent is akin to an ineptitude and incoherence that occurs during a state of receiving an unfiltered reality. I believe it's much more common than you think, yet not common at all among healthy individuals and is therefore given a special status which would be discounted if those that experienced it all the time where better communicators. It just so happens that good communicators need rigid constructions of reality to experience in order to effectively communicate their understandings. The transcendent reality has no coherence and this self-destruction makes communication ridiculous. But you go ahead.

>> No.12130130

bump

>> No.12130139

>>12130029
I agree with you, that certain direct communions are incommunicable; like Apollo and Dionysus. Just remember what Thoreau wrote:
My life hath been the poem I would have writ,
But I could not both live and utter it.

>> No.12130169
File: 1.20 MB, 948x1542, Lucifer.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12130139
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtychIiv6aM

The one taste is transcendent. >>12129985

>> No.12130200

Bump

>> No.12130462

>>12130139
Socrates told Plato writing is shit and stupid and still Plato kept writing. People never learn from their masters or from experience, but you can't tell them that nowadays.