[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 15 KB, 430x320, 1287225001692.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1210056 No.1210056[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>They live off other people's money. They don't even know the meaning of the word 'work'. And they contribute nothing at all to society. Who am I talking about? Students, of course.

>As far as I'm concerned, today's students are lazy, unproductive individuals who do nothing but sit around all day listening to CDs and spending their parents' hard-earned money. Then, when that's all gone, they turn to the taxpayer to support them in their lives of luxury. I wouldn't mind, but they dare to complain that they are overworked and that they suffer from stress. All I can say is that they are going to have a shock when the finally enter the real world. Then they'll realise what work and stress really mean.

Foreignfag here, my homework is to write a letter of complaint to the author of a blatant troll article. While I'm going to write a simple 200 word letter by myself right after I post because that's all I need, I'd like to see what a short, objective, strongly worded reply from a denizen of the land of /lit/ would look like, with all the bells and whistles of things I don't care/know enough to point out like "ad hominem".

Alternatively, you can still go ahead and bombard my thread with "do yor own homework fgt", but I'd prefer if it simply 404s from the lack of interest.

>> No.1210059

>I'd like to see what a short, objective, strongly worded reply from a denizen of the land of /lit/ would look like

>"10/10 would rage again"

>> No.1210066

Dear x,
You are and idiot.
Yours sincerely,
y

>> No.1210079

Dear Sir,

I am writing in response to your recent article on students. I am glad to hear your opinion on the subject, while I do agree with you in some areas, for instance, that some students are becoming too lazy and should do their own homework I believe there are many students out there who take the right course of action and do their own homework. Due to the generalised nature of your article, sir, I must humbly invite you to go fuck yourself. And, perhaps, in the future you might do your own homework before writing another article.

Sincerely,

The Gentleman Who Hopes You Choke To Death On Dick

Hope that helps, OP!

>> No.1210087

>>1210079
>Dear Sir,

>Sincerely,

I think you mean, "Faithfully,".

>> No.1210089

>>1210087
No. I do sincerely hope he chokes to death on dick.

>> No.1210093

>>1210089
You only use "Sincerely" when you know and use the name of the person you're writing to.

If you don't, it's "Faithfully".

>Dear John,
>Yours sincerely,

>Dear Sir,
>Yours faithfully,

>> No.1210095

>>1210093
I used Sir is a stand-in because no name was given. In an actual letter to the editor exercise a real name would be provided and I could have filled it in appropriately. I suppose I could have used something unambiguous like [name] but frankly, fuck that.

>> No.1210097

>>1210095
should still have been faithfully, homosex

your are b& from the tubes for one day for this elementary mistake.

gtfo

>> No.1210099

>>1210097
If I'm going down I'm take you with me for your failure to use uppercase letters.