[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 27 KB, 307x475, incoldblood.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1198244 No.1198244 [Reply] [Original]

I fucking love this book, /lit/.

Does /lit/ love this book?

What I dig is how everything is so very well interconnected, every scrap of the story perfectly coincides with the rest. Even the part where they bring in Perry and Dick to Garden City. It's 6PM in January and it's dark and freezing cold, this is because it's close to the mountain time zone, as explained earlier in the book. The preciseness is awesome.

>> No.1198257

I also enjoy how the writer shows such empathy and sympathy with all of the characters, how Capote shows so much in depth analysis of them while remaining objective.

>> No.1198277

I liked it OP. Partially because of the attention to detail that you mentioned, and also because its really exciting. You know that Dick and Perry are going to get caught in the end, but at some points I really didn't believe the police could possibly catch up with them.

I also like how Capote got inside Dick and Perry's heads. I felt terrible for Perry despite the fact that he committed these horrible murders. I didn't feel as bad for Dick but I did feel bad for him at the end when he was desperately appealing his death sentence. It must have been hell leading up to when he got hanged.

>> No.1198279

>>1198244
Also OP did you realize that this really happened? You keep referring to the people as characters and that there was a story. This is a true crime book.

>> No.1198282
File: 19 KB, 243x280, icb2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

<--- Found another reason to love In Cold Blood

BTW, has anyone here read Other Voices, Other Rooms? I saved my copy from a Lit class I took because it was just that awesome.