[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 323 KB, 712x802, urukhai.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11982132 No.11982132 [Reply] [Original]

enlighten me on the art of note-making and deriving knowledge from books

I bookmark my physical books so I can get fast back to my favourite lines and I sometimes reread them as a mantra so maybe one day I will accustom to them as facts in my head. with electronic books it's way harder, I can highlight sentences in kindle and get a huge txt file of it but that's a mess, I actually did a compilation of important thoughts, i wrote it out on a few sheets of solid paper but I just never get back to it - maybe because it's handwritten and looks chaotic; printing them out could help but I'm not sure...

any ideas and your own practices? I read in one book that if you want to gain data as fast as possible that books are slowest means to do it, and you should just stick to the Internet which is quite logical, but there's a LOT of content that simply isn't on the internet in small digestable pieces

>> No.11982165
File: 304 KB, 1148x1022, frog.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have one massive .txt file, separated into --- categories --- with +++ book titles +++ , I put excerpts into so I can CTRL+F into for easy copypasta. It works.

>> No.11982198

bump