[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 296 KB, 2560x1440, lionwp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11940593 No.11940593 [Reply] [Original]

I have about 100 pages left in Ulysses and will likely finish in the next few days. It has been a long journey. I would say it is my favorite book even though most of it goes over my head, it makes me think a lot and i'm overwhelmed by how deep it goes, especially after hearing some of the Re: Joyce podcast with Frank Delaney. I love the prose, i feel like I can open any random page and see beautiful writing and pull so much meaning from each page. Enough riding Ulysses' dick though.

I also read Borges' Ficciones between the 2nd half of Ulysses. I absolutely loved it. I also loved Swann's Way, Nicomachean Ethics and the first half dozen Montaigne essays I've read. I have an existential crisis every few months and am interested in existentialism.

I'm thinking of reading Beckett or Bolano next, but only because I was in the "B" section of a bookstore and thumbed through some books and multiple works by both Beckett and Bolano caught my interest. I'd also be open to properly reading Shakespeare for once - the first time was while watching the Hamlet movie with subtitles as a prerequisite to Ulysses.

>> No.11940615
File: 680 KB, 1418x1478, 1538526322658.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wow you're gay

>> No.11941463

>>11940593
bump

>> No.11941527

Read Joyce's other works, if you haven't done so already. Then read Moby Dick, if you like good prose.