[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 199 KB, 1500x1501, nicola-samori-03.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11915232 No.11915232 [Reply] [Original]

Do you dream? I don't and when I do it's nothing interesting or that can be dwelled upon.
Any books that talk about that? Does your relation to dreams mean something?

>> No.11915251
File: 69 KB, 535x660, 1537312434008.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I don't sleep... I only dream.

>> No.11915252

>>11915232
I dream vividly every night unless I've stayed up the night before which I do sometimes to avoid dreaming. My dreams are extremely convoluted, all over the place, like epic poems. Last night I dreamt I was in this postmodern castle type place with a good friend of my dad's who told me he heard I told my brother I thought he was gay and was mad at me. We got in a car and drove through a river to a barn that's interior was like my high school's. We took an elevator down and met some schizophrenic children, I talked with one with a hook for a hand and this football player I knew in high school told me it was time to go. Then all of the sudden I was living in the city with a shotgun under my bed. I was thinking whether I should tell people I had a shotgun under my bed. I've dreamt all the dreams I want to dream. I just want it to be over. It makes me weary. If I had a choice, I would choose to remain in reality forever. I was on jew pills for about 4 years, stopped 6 months ago so that has something to do with it. Docs say I have schizoaffective.

>> No.11915279

Do you happen to smoke pot or do any other drugs? Because I had smoked every day for over a year and stopped having dreams. I recently quit and I'm waking up around 2 - 5 times every night but now I get all these fucking crazy dreams. So if you want to dream then quit whatever, if any, drug use.

>> No.11915311

>>11915279
No I only smoke cigarettes. I once tried to repeat a mantra and watch myself falling asleep and I was able to have dreams. I think I met some sort of representation of my sexual frustration through the figure of a blond woman teasing me before I understood that I was dreaming and inadvertently woke up. I also dreamed that I was a member of a squad during some sort of WW 2 and we cleaned a small HQ before finding rare coins (a hobby I used to have as a kid, collecting coins)
I also dreamed of a futuristic school.

But after a while, it became hard to wake up at night after a dream and write. I haven't been able to do it since. That was a year ago. The few dreams I'm able to recall are usually dull ones. So dull I can mistake them for reality for a brief moment after waking up.

>> No.11915323

>>11915232
I dream all the time.
I dreamt I had the stigmata yesterday.

>> No.11915329

Read The Interpretation of Dreams (1900) by Sigmund Freud.

>> No.11915418

>>11915329
I'll check that, hope he gives answers

>> No.11915639

Bumping for more answers