[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.81 MB, 3000x2000, jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11681417 No.11681417 [Reply] [Original]

I have yet to read a best end than Ulysses'. Every time, and I mean it, every single time I read the last page, I feel constant, sublime shivers through the last page. I've read Ulysses three times and this happened the three times, also happens reading the end in the three languages I speak.

O that awful deepdown torrent O and the sea the sea crimson sometimes like fire and the glorious sunsets and the figtrees in the Alameda gardens yes and all the queer little streets and the pink and blue and yellow houses and the rosegardens and the jessamine and geraniums and cactuses and Gibraltar as a girl where I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another and then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.

O quel torrente profondo spaventoso O e il mare il mare cremisi a volte come il fuoco e gli splendidi tramonti e gli alberi di fico nei giardini del Alameda sì e tutte quelle stradine strane e le case rosa e blu e gialle e i giardini delle rose e il gelsomino e i gerani e i cactus e Gibilterra da ragazza dove ero un Fiore di montagna sì quando mi sono messa la rosa nei capelli come facevano le ragazze andaluse o dovrei portarla rossa sì e come mà baciato sotto le mura moresche e ò pensato bè lui o un alto che cambia e poi gliò chiesto con gli occhi di chiederlo ancora sì e poi me là chiesto se volevo sì dire sì mio fiore di montagna e prima lò abbracciato sì e lò fatto stendere su di me per fargli sentire i miei seni tutti profumati sì e il suo cuore che impazziva e sì ò detto sì voglio Sì.

>> No.11681518

Don't understand shit. Can I have a quick rundown?

>> No.11681526

>>11681417
The Lord of the Rings.

He drew a deep breath. ‘Well, I’m back,’ he said.

>> No.11681537

Have it in portuguese, OP.
>Ó a terrível torrente que desabou Ó e o mar o mar carmesim às vezes como fogo e os gloriosos crepúsculos e as figuras nos jardins da Alameda sim e todas as ruazinhas estranhas e as casas rosa e azuis e amarelas e os jardins-de-rosas e os jasmins e os gerânios e cactos e Gibraltar quando eu era uma mocinha onde eu era uma Flor da montanha sim quando eu pus uma rosa no meu cabelo como as moças andaluzas usavam ou será que eu vou usar uma vermelha sim e como ele me beijou debaixo do muro mouresco e eu pensei bem tanto faz ele como um outro e então eu lhe pedi com meus olhos que pedisse novamente sim e então ele me pediu se eu queria sim dizer sim minha flor da montanha e primeiro eu pus meus braços à sua volta sim e o arrastei para baixo sobre mim para que ele pudesse sentir meus seios todos perfume sim e seu coração disparou como louco e sim eu disse sim eu quero Sim.

>> No.11681601

>Molly was modeled on Joyce's wife, Nora Barnacle, to whom he was married all his life and with whom he was passionately in love. Nora was from the west of Ireland, and in contrast to Joyce's historic erudition, she was a down to earth woman who didn't even think Joyce was much of a writer. As she famously put it, James should have stuck to music.

>At one point, there was a rumor going around Dublin that Nora had slept with an acquaintance of Joyce's early on in their relationship and that it drove Joyce nearly mad with jealousy. More likely than not, it was nothing but a rumor, but for Joyce it became an incredible neurosis. For all of his genius, one thing Joyce couldn't imagine was having the person he loved most make love with someone else.
Is this the favorite /lit/ author? What a fucking cuck lmao

>> No.11681698

>>11681526
...is that really the last fucking line?

fantasy needs to die

>> No.11681704

>>11681417
got a shiver even though those are the only lines I've read from Ulysses

>> No.11681729

Either the endings of One Hundred Years of Solitude, or The Melancholy of Resistance

>> No.11681742

>>11681417
I'm yet to find one that beats One Hundred Years of Solitude's ending

>> No.11681957
File: 540 KB, 2160x1355, IMG_20180825_184237_140.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11681537
whose translation is that?
have some houaiss'.

>> No.11681973

>>11681417
That's not even Joyce's best finish.

>Ho hang! Hang ho! And the clash of our cries till we spring to be free. Auravoles, they says, never heed of your name! But I'm loothing them that's here and all I lothe. Loonely in me loneness. For all their faults. I am passing out. O bitter ending! I'll slip away before they're up. They'll never see. Nor know. Nor miss me. And it's old and old it's sad and old it's sad and weary I go back to you, my cold father, my cold mad father, my cold mad feary father, till the near sight of the mere size of him, the moyles and moyles of it, moananoaning, makes me seasilt saltsick and I rush, my only, into your arms. I see them rising! Save me from those therrble prongs! Two more. Onetwo moremens more. So. Avelaval. My leaves have drifted from me. All. But one clings still. I'll bear it on me. To remind me of. Lff! So soft this morning, ours. Yes. Carry me along, taddy, like you done through the toy fair! If I seen him bearing down on me now under whitespread wings like he'd come from Arkangels, I sink I'd die down over his feet, humbly dumbly, only to washup. Yes, tid. There's where. First. We pass through grass behush the bush to. Whish! A gull. Gulls. Far calls. Coming, far! End here. Us then. Finn, again! Take. Bussoftlhee, mememormee! Till thous- endsthee. Lps. The keys to. Given! A way a lone a last a loved a long the

>> No.11681980

>>11681973
>implying finnegans wake ever ends
>A way a lone a last a loved a long the riverrun, past Eve and Adam's...

>> No.11681988

>>11681980
Actually it does end with PARIS,
1922-1939.

>> No.11682062
File: 14 KB, 241x210, download (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11681988
NO!

>> No.11682071

Have any chinese-readers read the CN translation of Ulysses? Apparently it's a best-seller and the translator (thoroughly discouraged by everyone while doing Finnegans Wake, another best sellar) suffered several mental breakdowns

>> No.11682087

>>11681601
DFW is literally Joyce and it's hilarious that so few on lit see it

>> No.11682096

>>11682087
Except infinitely less talented, of course.

>> No.11682109

>>11682096
yea well one can write and the other can think

>> No.11682233

>>11681980
>End here.
It ends right there, I dont understand the hubbub

>> No.11682536

>>11682087
isn't "Wardine be cry" a bit too short to equate to the Nora chapter

>> No.11683082

>>11681417