[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 158 KB, 780x988, 1502336489980.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11577117 No.11577117 [Reply] [Original]

What do you think of English Literature graduates?

I know a girl (who I'm thinking of asking out) that went to a very good university, she's pretty but speaks in truly dumb low IQ way, and doesn't seem to care about books/reading. It's very bizarre.

>> No.11577297

>>11577117
Nice Cadogan Cowper.
I'm one (but I doubled in early Euro History, and minored in German) and like myself well enough....
What about her interests (you) then? She hot? What?

>> No.11577326 [DELETED] 

>>11577297
Hot, delicate, feminine, shows clear signs of interest, glances of eye contact when apart. I feel she's hiding something behind her act.

She's boisterous around her friends but very shy around me, when I engage her she is extremely blunt and straightforward (I kinda like it) but has this manner of speaking, where it seems she is dumbing herself down substantially.

>> No.11577341

>>11577297
Hot, delicate, feminine, shows clear signs of interest, glances of eye contact when apart. I feel she's hiding something behind her act.

She's boisterous around her friends but very shy around me, when I engage her she is extremely blunt and straightforward, (I kinda like it) but in terms of romancing and building attraction, it leaves little room for her to talk about herself and keep a conversation going.

She has this manner of speaking, where it seems like she is dumbing herself down substantially.

>> No.11577601

>>11577341
I see. So she's not necessarily stupid, but maybe guarded. She does allow (you) to see a more boisterous side of her when among her friends, a something else that she witholds when it's just the two of you- which is not a bad thing, because she knows (you) see this.
But if youre new to her acquaintance then youre probably going to have to woo her. She's not interested so much in your depth of learning as she is in the richness of your feel for life- dumb as that sounds. Youre going to have to seem thoughtful, polite, but (verbally) clever too; youre going to have to make her WANT to bring herself out of herself, as it were.
The good thing about 'wooing' is that youll know very quickly whether or not she's worth the effort; the bad thing is that (you) may fall in love.

>> No.11577657

>>11577117
Women don't actually care about anything intellectual unless their sexual instincts are disordered. This girl probably only owns like 20 books and rarely reads outside of class, but is a good bullshitter and can therefore write a decent Achebe vs Conrad essay #69598

>> No.11577670

You can tell a sincerely intelligent woman by her masculine enunciation. So, if she's not that, don't bother with her.

>> No.11577696
File: 90 KB, 640x480, 47 - kAIxXs4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11577341

> glances of eye contact when apart.
>I feel she's hiding something behind her act.
>she is extremely blunt and straightforward, ...it leaves little room for her to talk about herself and keep a conversation going.

She's nervous around you because she senses that you're interested in her and she doesn't want you courting her.

The blunt manner of speaking is an unconscious strategy for curtailing conversation. The glancing is because she notices you looking and wants to stop you from looking because it makes her uncomfortable.

>> No.11578426

>>11577696
Hm. But if OP senses some mutual attractiveness then it's probably there. Nonetheless she clearly doesn't like the way he's going about this, and if something's to happen, changes must be made. Supposing all not lost, what do (you) propose he do?