[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 198 KB, 600x600, 1275325414314.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1157643 No.1157643 [Reply] [Original]

Can /lit/ help me find a book?
I picked it up at a used bookstore out of the free bin years ago, it wasn't that great but I loved it. I remember it had a very green, busy cover with two masks.

The story was generally about a man who could in his sleep or a trance state travel to another world/dimension sort of thing, and was trying to help this hunted woman who had to wear her sisters' faces as masks because it was all she had. He was married and they were both some sort of researcher, so they tried to sort this out using scientific methods. There was a lot of drama after he had sex with the woman he was trying to help in her world, and I remember parts where her sisters were killed by being burned over fires inside giant metal bulls.

This is all I have and I have exhausted my google-fu. Anyone read this? I've seen a lot of copies of it over time, but I lost mine at school when I was around 14, and always meant to buy it again and never did. Now my husband wants to read it and I can't remember the name.

Thanks for any help, and I know this is kinda trashy writing we're talking about, but it stuck with me when I was a kid and it's something I'd like to share.

>> No.1157646

did it have a lot of swirly stuff on the cover too, kind of like ribbons ore something? because i remember that book too but i can't remember the name. my mom got it for me at the dollar store when i asked for a new book. :/ but she got me some robert asprin tehre, too.

>> No.1157652

>>1157646
Kind of. I don't know if they were ribbons, though, I think there were some ruined marble buildings in the background for some reason.

>> No.1157659

>>1157646
>>ore
>>tehre

Yeah, I can see why your mom didn't want to waste money buying you expensive books.

>> No.1157667

Instead of making a new thread:

Book about two comic book superheroes. Saw it in a bookstore a few days ago, and it was mentioned on /lit/. Don't remember the title. Anyone?

>> No.1157673

>>1157667

Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay?

>> No.1157678

>>1157673
Gracias senor.