[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 56 KB, 615x409, Fred-West.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11553943 No.11553943 [Reply] [Original]

Looking for worthwhile books about serial killers. Wanting to jump in whilst avoiding the massive amounts of drab and mundane shit

> Non-fiction or btfo
> Pic of my dad unrelated

>> No.11553958

PANZRAM
A
N
Z
R
A
M

>> No.11553967

>>11553958
Any specific book?

>> No.11553985

>>11553967
His own memoir.

>In my lifetime I have murdered 21 human beings, I have committed thousands of burglaries, robberies, larcenies, arsons and, last but not least, I have committed sodomy on more than 1,000 male human beings. For all these things I am not in the least bit sorry.

>> No.11554001

>>11553985
Sounds golden

>> No.11554002

More mass shooter than serial killer but Sue Klebold's book is an interesting look at Dylan Klebold, one of the Columbine shooters. She talks about Dylan as well as the aftermath it caused on the family.

>> No.11554007
File: 35 KB, 401x477, jude law.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11554001
*blocks your ass*

>> No.11554021

>>11554002
if spree killers count then i'd unironically recommend the supreme gentleman's writings. pure kino.

also if you count uncle ted as a serial killer you have a nice excuse to read his writing as well.

>> No.11555339
File: 47 KB, 310x500, stra.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this one is quite alright

>> No.11556314

gates of janus, book by a serial killer about serial killers

>> No.11556485

What Happened: Hillary Rodham Clinton

>> No.11556862

>>11553943
'Mindhunter' and 'The Cases That Haunt Us' by John E. Douglas.

'Whoever Fights Monsters: My Twenty Years Tracking Serial Killers for the FBI'
by Robert Ressler.

Amazing books anon.

>> No.11558200

>>11553985
is he telling the truth?

>> No.11558334

The Robert Durst book

>> No.11558342

>>11558200
Quite likely, I think. It matches his actions as observed by third parties.

>In light of his extensive criminal record, he received a 25-years-to-life sentence. Upon arriving at Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary Inmate #31614, he warned the warden, "I'll kill the first man that bothers me", and was given a solitary job in the prison laundry room. On June 20, 1929, he beat the Prison laundry foreman Robert Warnke to death with an iron bar, and was sentenced to death.[32]

>He refused to allow any appeals of his sentence. In response to offers from death penalty opponents and human rights activists to intervene, he wrote, "The only thanks you and your kind will ever get from me for your efforts on my behalf is that I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it."[10]

>Panzram was hanged on September 5, 1930. As guards attempted to place a black hood over his head, he allegedly spat in the executioner's face.[36] When asked for any last words, he responded, "Yes, hurry it up, you Hoosier bastard! I could kill a dozen men while you're screwing around!" His grave, at the Leavenworth Penitentiary Cemetery, is marked only with his prison number, 31614.[10]

>> No.11558388
File: 17 KB, 495x362, apu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11558342
>After serving about 2 years there I was pronounced by the parole board to be a nice, clean boy of good morals, as pure as lily and a credit to those in authority in the istatution where I had been sent to be reformed. Yes sure I was reformed all right, dam good and reformed too. When I got out of there I knew all about Jesus and the bible so much so that I knew it was all a lot of hot air. But that wasn’t all I knew. I had been taught by christians how to be a hypocrite and I had learned more about stealing, lying, hating, burning and killing. I had learned that a boys penis could be use for something besides to urinate with and that a rectum could be use for other purposes than crepitating. Oh yes I had learned a hell of a lot, from my expert instructors furnished to me free of charge by society in general and the state of Minnesota in particular. From the treatment I recieved while there and the lessons I learned from it, I had fully desided when I left there just how I would live my life. I made up my mind that I would rob, burn, destroy and kill every where I went and everybody I could as long as I lived. That’s the way I was reformed in the Minnesota State Training School. Thats the reasons why.

>These two experiences taught me several lessons. Lesson that I have never forgotten. I did not want to learn these lessons but I found out that it isn’t what one wants in this world that one gets. Force and might makes right. Perhaps things shouldn’t be that way but thats the way they are. I learned to look with suspicion and hatred on everybody. As the years went on that idea persisted in my mind above all others. I figured that if I was strong enough and clever enough to impose my will on others, I was right. I still believe that to this day. Another lesson I learned at that time was that there were a lot of very nice things in this world. Among them were Whisky and Sodomy. But it depended on who and how they were used. I have used plenty of both since then but I have recieved more pleasure of them since; than I did those first times. Those were the days when I was learning the lessons that life teaches us all and they made me what I am today

>hurry up and bring on your electric chair I want to leave here and take a nose-dive into the next world just to see if that one is as lousy as is this ball of mud and meanness. I am sorry for only two things. These two things are I am sorry that I have mistreated some few animals in my life-time and I am sorry that I am unable to murder the whole damed human race.

>> No.11558396

>>11553943
i'll be gone in the dark