[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 57 KB, 750x614, pay-attention.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1151292 No.1151292 [Reply] [Original]

Awesome book series in my 6-8th school level school
Okay since I don't know the name I shall describe it.
The setting an Island. The Island is held up by some sort of floating rocks that gain density/ lose density as they are heated / cooled (Ships use as a main peace to keep afloat) And sell lumber as a major item
The book starts off with a human in a village of non-humans he was playing some sort of sport but broke one of their instincts (He left a path to win the game and they never leave the path) So thus he finds out hes actually human and leaves the village
Theres two main cities one is a slummy underground area and one is a another floating rock held to the mainland from not floating off by a massive chain. There they train people to be the best pilots and navigators. They also perform some ritual when the scholars die to place them on one of these floating rock stacks (as they mature they get bigger and eventually fly off)
The book has some pages illustrated and this kid has extremely curly hair
I remember a race called Waifs that had big ear and frail small bodies they were also telepathic
And some sort of wasteland that you CANNOT pass without a guide, Else you'll fall into quicksand (The hero was ambushed by his guide during the trip)

Does anyone have ANY idea what book/series im describing?

>> No.1151303
File: 28 KB, 337x330, Artist_newspaper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

wut

>> No.1151314

>>1151292
I also remember that some of the plot of the book was that the only river was being polluted and couldn't be drunk. Hence someone from the scholar rock invented some sort of powder that just a pinch can purify galleons of the river.

Please help.

>> No.1151321

You're in middle school?

>> No.1151339

>>1151321
Not as of yet through the way I Wrote the first post may seem that way. If I was in middle school Id know the name of the damn book. Im just remembering this now.

The types of lumber they use for trading, Well the main one is Ironoak(?) and a rarity (Because its from a tree that eats people) called bloodoak

>> No.1151356
File: 28 KB, 448x700, The_Edge_Chronicles_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You've all been a wonderful crowd. Thankfully a friend pointed out that ironwood and bloodoak when googled would yield results.

Now who remembers this shit?

>> No.1151366

>>1151356
I remember seeing the books in shops and buying other things instead.

>> No.1151386

>>1151366
Eh, you missed out
They were actually pretty good
Actually, they were REALLY good

>> No.1151392

>>1151386
So good I wanna go reread them, Off to find a torrent

You didn't help much LIT but you provided a sounding board thanks.

>overcome geollet

>> No.1151402

>>1151392
So, general Edge Chronicles thread?

>> No.1151755

>>1151402
Sadly I don't think its popular enough here for that to happen.