[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 190 KB, 1032x774, Flehmen-Response-Tapir.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11475846 No.11475846 [Reply] [Original]

Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere.

>> No.11475998

Its about a man who loses everything. Becomes homelss and just when things cant seem to get worse he makes a friend in a strange little bird. He feeds it, talks to it and slowly learns that his purpose in life is to fly. To soar with his friend.
Cut to montage of mc with a shopping cart of salvage and trash, crafting his own set of dollar store Icarus wings.
Climax atop a tall building where he finally jumps, clad in his makeshift wings. Splats to the pavement and dies. Bird friend swoops in and shits on his corpse.
Fin.

>> No.11476013 [DELETED] 

>>11475998
wow thats great

>> No.11476022

the last muslim and his life and stuff

>> No.11476026

>>11475998

It's been in my head for some time now. I like the idea of Ulysses, in that it's a "hero's journey" but for the every-day man. I'd like to adopt that format but for the black man, I guess in poverty but maybe not, I'm not sure where he'll be, but some sort of small hero tale. Also borrowing themes from Reed's Mumbo Jumbo and Hesse's Siddartha. I'd like to include some magical realism as well. So in short, I want to depict the relationship between the black American and capitalism (in a satirical way), but also tell a comfy story that involves the plight of man's journey to return to God, but keep the feeling of it being similar to a folktale or a Greek myth. I don't know how I'll do it but It's been a large goal of mine. I don't intend for it to come off as a story that's "just another black writer writing about race" because the idea is more than that but I do what to include that component.

>> No.11476234

What the fuck is that thing? I fucking hate it.