[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 90 KB, 645x729, 46a.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11473305 No.11473305 [Reply] [Original]

how do I stop being a writelet?

I can't even imagine how people write books. I can barely write a 4-page double spaced essay for college without feeling like I'm reaching so far up my own ass to pull out whatever words I can muster so that I can meet the page count minimum. how the fuck can people write hundreds, thousands of pages? how can they have THAT much to say about any one thing at all? and these people aren't even experts in anything, they're just regular people but they can write like they fucking invented the damn things. I just never understood that.

>> No.11473323

Some people have no shame, on a literal neurochemical level of simply not feeling shame when they produce horseshit, and can write write write endlessly, which actually provides good practice in the long run

Other people work long and hard on something they actually want to say, and then find they can write and talk about it almost in spite of themselves, and that the thing they can sum up in their own head in 4 paragraphs actually needs 150 pages to explain to a sympathetic reader

Other people are midwits who have no idea what genius or passion is because they've never tasted it, so when someone tells them "write me an essay on ethics" they just start rambling and get a B+ or the occasional A- by accident and move on with their lives. Having no ambition and no sense that you could produce something "great" even if you tried is a surprisingly efficient base state for churning out middling-to-decent garbage to fill the gaps between real creations by people who actually put in effort.

>> No.11473422

>>11473305

If you can't say something with the fewest words possible, then you don't understand what you're saying or haven't put serious thought into it.

>> No.11473427

>>11473422

I really fucking hate filler btw.

>> No.11474413

>>11473305
for me it is the physical pain I get when I start writing challenging stuff for uni. I hate literally every single word I write.