[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 44 KB, 350x783, ClarenceTheCarrot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11428167 No.11428167 [Reply] [Original]

Write what is on your mind.

>> No.11428173

first

>> No.11428179

I wish my carrots looked at me like that

>> No.11428183

I write light-hearted, goofy, sexless sci fi/fantasy/superhero romance stories and sometimes straight up high school romance. I'm a guy in my 20s and the only person aware of my proclivity is my therapist.

>> No.11428184

>>11428179
i wish you still looked at me like that

>> No.11428228

I'm finding it difficult to balance my writing to be concise yet convey all that I intend it to. If I write how I'm used to my work ends up somewhat bland and dull, but when I try to flesh it out it just seems superfluous and pretentious.

>> No.11428238

i'll tell thee what's on my mind; i'm enjoying my fame, my incipient fame; my straggling, starting, booming fame; it's happening, it's lovely; they flock to me, these devotees; it's the syntactical style; it's all the hoot nowadays; yes, it was i, verily i; i was the bloom poster blooming in that one thread about the gabler (hee hee, he waits while ye wait); i made the gabble pun, hee hee!; and yes, i was the ENGLISH MAJORS ONLY poster; i posted the whole way through; sonnets and all (consulting my complete works of shakespeare); and yes, i tripped away, and ambled, and sauntered my way, and frisked and flew into shelley threads; joanna newsom threads; ulysses threads; and verily even unto my own thread; call me semicolanon; o i love it; i'll be crowned king, emperor, ruler, royal, regal; and pennons of civic flags; chryselephantine papal standards bearing my name in the escutcheon all garnished sable; o foh, heeeeee he waits while you wait; prithee

-yours, while this machine churns
hamletus bloomenthal

>> No.11428241

>>11428238
Why is this on your mind

>> No.11428249

>>11428241
why on my mind? why on my mind? it's like asking why i feel the need to drink water; why receptors in the brain; neurons firing; emitters emitting; pulses pulsing; why they tell me i need water? my god; could you keep fame off your mind? could you keep fame away, shut it out? imagine its in your hand; you grasp it; it's yours; you're the buzz, the hoot, the talk around town; the celebrity, the official; the hoopla, the huzzah; my god, can you keep it off? can you say "o no no, let me water my garden, it's dry" or, ho hum, let's see "verily, i should move this couch a few degrees this away and a few inches that way" or "ho hum, i'll just paint this wall in a satin sheen, we'll give it an agreeable gray sort of dull look;" my god, if fickle fame doth affect you that way, you have a sensible, ascetic mind; you don't flinch, you don't move; you don't need it; it's for me

>> No.11428262

>>11428249
Ch...charlie?

>> No.11428269

>>11428262
no; semicolanon; try it, try it; here, have a go (want some liqueur?); here, try it (extends a mocking hand); here, try it (grasps his moist meaty palm); verily: sem-eye-coal-a-non; yes; yes; that's it (want some liqueur?); and a hobbledehoy hoi polloi; o and make that with a bungalowshaped house; o and with a parapet

yours, forever more, my dearest (meet me at the mirus bazaar)
poldy

>> No.11428370

I write for vanity. I read to forget. I live out of cowardice. The night closes in on me like a tight fist. I drift along an astral nightmare. Jism kisses the concrete. Bodies necrotize like burnt flesh. A dead man walks by. A derelict crushes my insectoid skull and drinks the fluid.

>> No.11428378

>>11428370
translation: yea, verily; i write for vanity; all is vanity under the sun; that's ecclesiastes for ye; anyways; i try to forget things; obfuscate 'em, ho; obliviate them, hey; i'm a pigeonlivered cur, what; the night wraps me in its shawl, its shawl of dark gloominess; astric hellscapes; stars and trains of dew; sperm osculates with the asphalt; bodies do something with the burning, fiery flesh, ho; corpses, o dear, corpses; personified, they live; corpus delicti; delectable little corses;

it's purple, kid; throw in some panache

>> No.11428390

If God was truly merciful, he'd have allowed me reasons to suffer

>> No.11428400

>>11428378
how dare you

>> No.11428403

I started working on my first novel today. It's about a guy loses a bet to his tomboy best friend and is forced to buy two hundred dollars worth of stuff for her. It's hinted with varying degrees of subtlety that they're into each other, the story takes place over the course of a single day, and culminates with them getting into an intense argument after he insults her lack of femininity. The story ends with them admitting their feelings and at last hooking up. I got the idea after watching Deadpool 2 because the Mega Sonic Warhead girl is insanely gorgeous.

>> No.11428405

>>11428403
when no one publishes this shit just dont complain that its because of a jewish conspiracy ok

>> No.11428409

>>11428405
I write for my own enjoyment. I have no intention of getting it published. Also I don't browse /pol/.

>> No.11428414

My alleged friends disgust me deeply. I turned down an invitation to go hang out and smoke weed tonight because I am tired of that shitty drug and I am in no mood for inane conversations that we have had thousands of times before. I go along with it most times, and even extend the offer to them first on occasion. I suspect that they feel the same way, and also go out of some sense of obligation, or just so they aren't doing nothing on a Saturday night. Indeed, this disgust I feel towards them may very well be how they feel towards me. We deserve each other.

>> No.11428416

I love spending time with you, but I can't think clearly whenever we're together. I become impulsive, emotional, and turn soft. I feel vulnerable. I only feel like myself when I'm alone.

>>11428167
lawful neutral

>>11428173
chaotic neutral

>>11428179
true neutral

>>11428183
neutral good

>>11428184
true neutral

>>11428228
lawful neutral

>>11428238
chaotic neutral

>>11428241
true neutral

>>11428249
chaotic good

>>11428262
true neutral

>>11428269
chaotic good

>>11428370
neutral evil

>>11428378
chaotic evil

>>11428390
true neutral

>>11428400
neutral evil

>>11428403
neutral good

>>11428405
true neutral

>>11428409
neutral good

>> No.11428419

I had sex for the first time last night. His ass was so tight I thought my cock was going to explode.

>> No.11428423

>>11428414
Lose your friends, best thing you can ever do

>> No.11428429

>>11428419
Degenerate. Do you feast on fecal matter as well, you poor broken soul?

>> No.11428431

I'm doing a creative writing course right now and everything I write has philosophical, political, or religious undertones. I always feel embarrassed sharing it because of this.

>> No.11428433

>>11428431
>political
Be careful.

>> No.11428434

>>11428419
How big are you?

>> No.11428439

>>11428429
No, don’t like the taste

>>11428434
Seven soft

>> No.11428444

>>11428439
Damn, hard? Girth?

>> No.11428457

>>11428403
Pls, when you've finished it, post it
I'm genuinely interested to read this

>> No.11428460

>>11428444
I’ll measure it as soon as I’m done microwaving this homemade fleshlight

>> No.11428461

aww shit the thais are going in for the rescue rn

>> No.11428462

>>11428457
*in reading this

Sorry, my English is really bad

>> No.11428465

>>11428462
You were right the first time my bilingual friend

>> No.11428481

I fucked your Mother today. Or maybe yesterday; I can’t be sure.

>> No.11428487

>>11428481
Ok, Chadsault.

>> No.11428493

>>11428460
Ok. Please report back. We are dying to know more.

>> No.11428504
File: 97 KB, 400x344, 246587775008212.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I only read fiction

>> No.11428510

>>11428414
get rid of them unless youre happy with your life going nowhere.

>> No.11428538

>>11428228
Err on the side of subtlety

>> No.11428546
File: 170 KB, 1600x1508, 1529638701531.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i don't have a girlfriend and i'm very lonely

>> No.11428549

Venus is more than a planet. If so-called Love is the highest vibration, then why is it sitting on a singular planet? We cannot assume we live just on earth. I wake up in the morning and revisit my dreams to gain clarity. I had just been at the mall looking for a Jade Buddha statue but all I could find was Dragons. So I stole a plastic Crane (the mechanical one) figurine that was sitting at the clerk’s counter when the clerk turned his back. Dodging the security gaurd, I realized I forgot my passport. I went back and realized the clerk was a charismatic guru of sorts. What he said doesn’t matter, only that I gained the wisdom to laugh. I still stole the crane, and the dream turned into a nightmare from then on. In 3D reality, if this happened it would have changed my life. I remember that dream as if it was a memory. I remember drinking nyquil in my college dorm as if it was a dream. What is the difference?

>> No.11428552

I have been working on a novel or novella concept, philosophically oriented and therefore likely stilted but hopefully worthwhile anyway, something that is my argument for a general stance (not original, of course, but conscious of its place in the history of ideas and highly specific and articulate and further integrated into the new vicissitudes of the modern context) and also a recorded snapshot in time of my angst and hope as a young adult, this snapshot in time being, I think, a reasonable square one from which to progress from philosophically, such that as I develop as a thinker (hopefully) I either refine it or carry on from it, and further in its optimism I hope (assuming I even complete a proper draft, let alone get it published) that in later years I will be able to turn to it and reread it and reconsider it and see if I am able to fit its zest and joy into darker times or if I was simply a youthful idiot.

My greatest concern in writing it is that it will be absolute and utter trash, something any sophomoric simpleton peon twenty-something could write, something that is not only stilted or inchoate or youthfully biased, which would all be acceptable circumstances, but rather is embarrassing filth, something that I will blush over and think back to as regretfully and anxiously and tearfully as those moments of shame best reserved for youth, before you are manlier and wiser and better disposed to charge courageously into the trenches of life, but then my fear should be abated by that same cultivation of manly courage which is itself a subject of the book, and further, today I noticed A Happy Death sitting on my bookshelf and realized that if people find value in /that/ undeveloped trash, something which Camus (who is of course regarded by some as wholly trash) himself regarded as too terrible to publish, if some people, even if poorly read and most likely in their teens and twenties, find meaning and joy in something as particularly stilted and corny and embarrassing as that, then perhaps it is worth it, perhaps there can be no shame in producing tripe as long as it is done with love.

I'm not sure, but working on it makes good practice, and as it crawls its way further and further out of the pit of mere fantasization, as its component parts knit together into some wholer gestalt, something somewhat actual rather than half-articulately floating in the Ideal space of stream-of-consciousness reverie, then it will become relatively apparent if it is sophomoric or not, and I suppose that I can make my judgments then, whether I should labor to bring it to the world or whether I should throw it happily into the fire.

>> No.11428554

I can't stop listening to overly sentimental 1980s eurodisco and it's weird because I'm a Canadian in his late 20s and the only people who still listen to that stuff are middle aged Russian dudes

>> No.11428558

>>11428554
link us the most slammin one so we can vibe with u

>> No.11428560

>>11428554
Arabesque?

>> No.11428563

I'm interested in literary theory and so on but I'm not sure if my program at my university is the right thing for me. I have finished my first year studying Classics and German but I'm worried that the language barrier prevents me from engaging with as many texts as deeply as I would like to. Maybe I should switch to English.

>> No.11428576

>>11428558
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg9B_RnV8lI

here's a good one

>> No.11428584

>>11428576
holy shit its like sassy trump drop a disco album!

here u may dig this, clearly arcade fire ripped it off for that "chemistry" song, but i find this song has much more substance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_wq5N6MQ8o

>> No.11428591

>>11428249
As an aside, I feel the need to address this "semicolanon," this scatting gremlin which has already stumbled his way through several threads today, who at first glance produced in me a leap of delight, who at first glance appears to be a gorgeous being of whimsy, but who after a small number of posts one quickly identifies as boringly repetitive, as scatting not really for rhythm but for filler, these silly ho hum no no no ho's and offers of porters and liqueurs being the filling in of the void with sand, small nothings which aspire to be little deaths but do not succeed, a delightful goal in mind but far too little material to accomplish it, as, further, with the empty notes on receptors and neurons buzzing and fuzzing and emitting and pulsing and glowing and vibrating and electrifying and humbugging, as though repeatedly and tritely reiterating our seeming servitude to matter is somehow profound rather than irritating — because what is neuroscience to you but a flashy vagary, do you have content, do you have substance, I bite my thumb at thee sir!

>> No.11428600

>>11428591
i couldnt even make it through one post by that dude, too try hardy

>> No.11428685
File: 53 KB, 673x789, IMG_0427.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been burning through book after book just to clear up my backlog but it JUST KEEPS GROWING
I need to get to reading non-fiction soon man

>> No.11428729

>>11428591
I couldn't finish a post by him, or you.

>> No.11428798

Got to go to flat 3

>> No.11428804

u gonna read when the world ends?

>> No.11428809

>>11428167
>"Write what is on your mind."
Sure.
The reason why people still use outdated methodologies is because they used to work in times when change was too infrequent. But now that change can only happen within 2-3 years, methodologies are immediately thrown out of the window, too quick for people to update. You have to constantly observe, arm yourself with new methods, put them together, use them, then arm yourself again and again and again. Because things used to be really goddamn slow. Now everything is fast-paced.

>> No.11428814

>>11428809
This is true. I think understanding this and catering to this sort of thing is going to become essential to remain competitive

>> No.11428826

>>11428814
But the question is: How long can the flesh keep up?
I think in the future someone will push for robots to replace humans in jobs because robots with programs are much faster to update than humans with thoughts, emotion, and a natural resistance to change.
Humans may have the blessing of nuance, but people might think that it's more worth it to sacrifice that than to allow margins of error in anything that's small enough to not need nuance in the first place.

>> No.11428827

I want to brainwash myself with spirituality, or pseudo-science, or something to that effect. Philosophy and religion aren’t enough anymore.

Any recomendations? If you believe your own shit, then even better.

>> No.11428830

>>11428827
Read Bakunin

>> No.11428841

hey~ im tilde~guy~or you can call me tilde~man if you want ~ but im also partially partial to dashs --- if that is what they are called {these crazy brackets are ok with me personally sometimes too} ~ I guess some might think it has to do with my uncertainty ~{*shrugs* {oh I use these too *I wanna be this guy too*}}~ but actually I believe I more came upon this foray because I thought it was related to spanish and I thought it --- looked king of ~~~ stylish ~~~ add some flair in my writing ~~ I will say things like ~~{*I am now offering you an ice glass of water with some lemon in it if you want*}~~ maybe some day I will have chocolate milk to offer? ~~~

~tildeguy {or tilde~man... or dash---boy...or dashing~~boy we might say... and sometimes {~-~-~-~-~{funky brackets d u d e {{{or ~~~ bro}}}}~~-~~}

>> No.11428848

I want to fuck a rat with the intent of reproduction.

>> No.11428861

is it possible to replicate the look of 50s-60s technicolor films with digital cameras? (if so why isnt it done for movies) I understand stylistically it wouldn't fit in drab greyscale action thriller #4396843, and it is true I havent seen a movie in the theater in maybe years, but I have seen some movies from the 50s and 60s and the imagery seems to be some crazy ideal, why does it look so good? Colors so vivid and crisp, maybe bordering on fake, or overdone...but..no...

>> No.11428905

~~wut iz up my litizens~~ {{hola...*holla*}} ~what a fine weekend we are all having yes ~~ i believe the weather is fancyable? and isnt it something swell we all share the weekend together~~ we ~ all ~ have ~ these days together... we all look at the same moon ~ when we wish upon stars and those sorts of things.. ~ ~ bzzz hrumph.... woo woo , zootz.. ~ ~ ~ imagine we are all hanging out on the same porch, wouldnt that be fun ~ ~ I would offer you an ice cold glass of water ~ ~ would you receive it ~ ~ ~ {{graciously}}~ ~ ~? ~~ many paths diverged in the woods and yet we all have met at a crossing ~~ a juncture ~ a junction ~ and I think thats really special and cool ~~~

>> No.11428912

I'm not even right wing, but I hate smug upper middle class cocksuckers, yuppies, and self-satisfied slacktivists so much that I cannot even contain my anticipation for the next 10-30 years of the West going right wing and shitting on every single one of their utopian daydreams.

I don't care about politics, I don't care about anything, I just want to watch the utter despair and humiliation of people who have spent the last 60 years condescending to normal people and forcing them to agree, through effeminate soft manipulation tactics and social ostracism.

>> No.11428913

>>11428912
>I'm not even right wing
Yet.

>> No.11428924

>>11428912
The west is extremely right wing. Income disparity grows every day. Nationalist marches are back in style. Are you really such an idiot to think that Facebook changing their logo to include a rainbow for pride month means that Zuckerberg is interested in the liberation of the proletariat? Hardly.

>> No.11428936

>>11428685
my backlog is over 1000 books just now, i will literally never complete it

>> No.11428956

>>11428924
No, which is why I want the Zuckerbergs and their Hollywood friends and Twitter faggot followers to have the illusion of their "liberalism" and "leftism" stripped away.

>> No.11428959

I want to get out of retail but I have no degree, no skills and live in a small town with no opportunities anyway.

JUST

>> No.11428966

>>11428924
>Income disparity
I was going to say 'isnt laissez faire quite liberal' but then I thought to say, it is quite ridiculous taking many separate, complex, convoluted, detailed, relatively uncertain, topics and points and trying to generally compress them under two separate umbrella terms.

>proletariat
like arent they often quite conservative (but what is meant by that word?

but what some people call smug upper middle class cocksuckers, yuppies, some call liberals, some call conservatives, some call the bourgeois, some call liberals, and that is who needs to save the proletariat, and by proletariat who exactly do you mean?

>> No.11428970

>>11428959
go on the game

>> No.11428971

>>11428956
what do you mean stripped away, and illusion, what would happen you think? What is liberalism and leftism? Why do you not like capitalism?

>> No.11428977
File: 303 KB, 900x690, o-FRIDA-900.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11428167
I've fallen so deeply in love with a person I'll be forced to leave in the fall. I was all ready to leave everything to find meaning, but meaning has found me and now I will be forced to leave it.
I never expected to find myself in anything like this, but here I am and it's crushing.

>> No.11429016

>>11428729
ok

>> No.11429091

do all of you live in kentucky?

>> No.11429487

so what if like that but like but if um like you eh did like the thing but like um like like something then like yeah

>> No.11429505

>>11429091
I live in gay cunt Australia

>> No.11429845

why are bookcases so expensive

>> No.11429971
File: 224 KB, 1289x1775, unnamed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I finished up a degree in biology this last May, and I'm going back to school for accounting. I've been working in the meantime, but lately I've been really bored. I enjoy reading of course, but I want to be more productive and creative with my free time. But I spent so much time studying in school I lost interest in a lot of old hobbies. So, I'm going to try some new things. Maybe learn some basic coding since it might be useful for accounting work. Maybe run more.

Only 1.5 months more to go until the new semester

>> No.11430037

Possibly the most obvious marker of a man having middlebrow taste is a disdain for Shakespeare.

>> No.11430111
File: 27 KB, 480x540, 1529589951943.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have become the self-isolating weed guy from infinite jest. No, really.
I have bursts of guilty sobriety where i break my pipes and force myself to read and be productive until i snap and isolate myself with my flower for a few days, slowly feeling the guilt rebuild until i repeat the process. I feel totally helpless to stop it even though the process is transparent as fuck.

>> No.11430157

I make some long posts here in /lit/ and I'm always complimented for them. This is something I enjoy doing, specially when it comes to a subject that affect your personal lives. But at the same time, it feels so silly to be saying these things here when I could be helping more people. Some of my posts I save, others are just lost in the archive forever. I often consider making blog about those subjects or even videos, but I'm very shy and fearful of criticism. It's easier to help others than to help myself. I have literally hundreds of pages of reflections I've never shown anyone.

>> No.11430174

>>11430111
I never read Infinite Jest, but I'm that guy too.

Cut the marijuana addiction, friendo. Leave it for the weekends. The high stays with us for an hour or two, but the effects actually last more than day, you just don't notice them as much. All of it piles up and you are tired for being high 24/7.

I'm trying to reduce weed, first to 3 times a week, then one time, then I'll see if I settle with that or just cut it out completely.

>> No.11430191

>>11430157
i never read those long effort posts that read like some asspained shit from 1998 usenet

>> No.11430195
File: 78 KB, 736x985, da9a584668b9cee077545ec3dbe020aa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

things just come in and out of our lives like they're nothing, whether it be people, places, books we like, music we like, etc.

everyone leaves, everything changes, everything dies, it's all so impermanent.

i see my father ageing (who i rarely speak to now, as he has been a deadbeat most of my life) and he still acts like a kid, it's almost as if he doesn't realise the tragedy of what is happening to him, knowing one day he will die and will no longer be a part of my life is sad, i miss the times when me and my brothers were younger and we'd go on our yearly trips to theme parks with him (something i'd often look forward to), but now we are all older i am the only one that keeps contact with him as my brothers cut him off years ago.

i miss being 13 years old and playing video games, you could sit around at that age and just enjoy hours full of guilt-free fun as the time you had seemed endless. being 13 is really special, you haven't quite yet gotten old enough for the world to corrupt you and trap you under it's weight but you're also old and curious enough to be interested in girls, be able to go out by yourself, and do silly things that aren't actually dangerous but seem to be at that age.

in 10 years time what is important now will not matter to me at all, my parents will be in theirs 60s, i will be in my 30s, i will be living far away from them (probably) and my life will probably be mostly done with (simply because i've lived long enough to see people age from their 30s to their 50s and not much happens in those years)

>> No.11430211

>>11430195
I’m going through a similar situation, but instead it’s my stepfather and he beat me and left some pretty deep emotional scarring alongside tearing my family up a bit. When he dies it’ll feel like someone threw a window open in a room full of stale air.

>> No.11430232

>>11430195
Anon, I'm 30 years old and I identify with everything you said, I thought the same thoughts when I was your age.

Except for this:
> i will be in my 30s, i will be living far away from them (probably) and my life will probably be mostly done with (simply because i've lived long enough to see people age from their 30s to their 50s and not much happens in those years)
This is false. Some people do have some sort of decision of what they are going to do in life, but the majority of everyone don't. There are plenty of adventures yet, plenty of stuff to happen, you may move a number of other times, have n more relationships, new fresh relationships you didn't know could exist, career challenges of all kinds, hobbies that come and go, friends that come and go. I have friends in their 50s still drinking and smoking weed and having fun and confused about their careers but also happy about what they conquered. There are plenty of possibilities for all ages, I mean literally. You settle down when you want to settle down, again, at any age you like. And you can also break through once again at any moment.

>> No.11430233 [DELETED] 

>>11430195
>deadbeat dad

see im always hesitant to knock a chick up because im worried ill be a deadbeat dad, when i was in jail there was this lawyer in there who got time for not paying child support and he always slept with his (unsharpened) toothbrush even tho he was a fat old boomer no one gave a shit about what a fucking nerd, anyways, im always worried i will be a deadbet dad or something, but then millions of people are deadbeat dads and they get away with it, so why not give fatherhood a try, also im a little worried a chick will just fuck me cuz they want their kid to have my genetics and then bounce and fug a bunch of stupid tyrones and raise my kid to be a thug/thot, idk, what to do, i should be working on a project that can make some money to fund a family rn, but of course i procrastinated, ok back to work

>> No.11430284

>>11428167
The amount of assumptions people make on so little information is insane. I had a discussion with someone who believes that communism is the "most correct and ethical" method of economics, and when I disagreed, they called me a "gun-hoarding crackpot".
Then a bit later, I explained that I think some regulation is necessary (FDA, parental leave etc) and they said, "Oh, so you're a liberal then."
Why is being moderate seemingly so uncommon?

>> No.11430295
File: 79 KB, 576x566, 7086224F-D163-4384-99E1-A3B99681B20E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11428966
>laissez faire quite liberal'
No, because the more egregious the exploitation, the more the aristocracy relies on the state and its monopoly on violence to protect their ill gotten goods. This is in sharp contrast to the left, whose economic doctrine would render the existence of a state to be superfluous and even harmful from an efficiency standpoint. Indeed, sacrifices are offered up in the form of Harvey Weinsteins and Martin Shkrelis when violence is not appropriate as a pressure release mechanism.
>like arent they often quite conservative
This is rooted in religion, plain and simple. A certain socioeconomic philosopher mused that religion is the opiate of the people.
>by proletariat who exactly do you mean
Those that do not own the means of production, whose surplus labour value is extracted at literal and metaphorical gunpoint.

>> No.11430864

>>11430295
>This is in sharp contrast to the left, whose economic doctrine
'the left' doesnt have one economic doctrine,
>would render the existence of a state to be superfluous
nor do all of 'the lefts' economic doctrine renounce a state
even to the point of remembering how there is a 'the right' that believes they want small government

>> No.11430910

>shoes have holes in them and it makes my feet hurt
>lower back hurts when i bend down
>molars ache occasionally
>chest pains occasionally
>right eyelid keeps twitching
>have trouble getting to sleep
>drink coffee because im tired during the day which exacerbates my chest pains

my existence is a meme of the kind most foul

>> No.11430945

I fucked a fink last night came home tattled to mommy. Buggerers can’t be choosers. Private eye tailing me says he got six oxys count ’em one two three four five you get the picture. Says I ain’t no queer but knows a guy who knows a guy lest we forget Sodom wasn’t built in a day. You can fuck my sister after I’m through with her, reptile eggs and all. Male order return to sender post script I liked the chicken patties you made me soft chicken flesh stuck between teeth receding gum line hair in a bonnet rainy weather sent me packing and unpacking packing and unpacking. Don’t forget your umbrella darling. Where’d you park the car come inside have a drink I’m okay how are you bit under the weather I gather moth before flame flies on night soil can’t stand this heat hemorrhoid red stain tissue paper donut seat cruller toupee sit on me dry yourself on flies on toast light on the mayonnaise please I’m in a hurry

>> No.11430990

>>11430945
Traffic jam on I-95 mother of five burst into flames send Help!, the fifth studio album by English rock band the Beatles and the soundtrack from their film Help! released on 6 August 1965 produced by George Martin, American novelist and short-story writer in the fantasy, horror, and science fiction genres, screenwriter, and television producer best known for his series of epic fantasy novels, A Song of Ice and Fire, which was later adapted into the HBO series Game of Thrones (2011–present).

>> No.11431037

Sex on the beach crustaceans slurp up the jism don’t get sand in your cunt darling

>> No.11431044

Would you rather care about people and the world and be depressed, or not care about people and the world and be happy?

>> No.11431047

>>11431044
I once heard a quote that said whenever you are given two options, pick a third one.

>> No.11431057

>>11431044
oh ur so caring, think of the less fortunate...has it ever occurred to you that you ARE the less fortunate? do you want hillary clinton and eric schmidt sitting around going "oh i can't enjoy my wealth because anon is less fortune!"

kys

>> No.11431085

>>11431057
You are assuming my statement was about me, and not simply an interesting phrase that can be uttered with interest to see how anons would respond. You are also assuming I assumed I am not less fortunate, or that would have any bearing on the statement. Wouldnt it have been rightish to assume one who claims they are depressed and maybe due to caring about people would believe they are less fortunate for it (maybe especially after suggesting the particular ultimatum)? (unless you rightishly assumed of the people that believe they are happy and fortunate for helping others...but 'depressed' was specified (implying less fortunate))

>> No.11431087

I like trees I look at trees I live with trees I breathe their fumes one day I will make fertile their soil

>> No.11431116

ain't no hoes ain't no snitches, ain't no snakes in my section, all my niggas down to ride, all my niggas yung n' reckless

>> No.11431129

Where is the universe contained?
Where the fuck is the universe expanding on?

>> No.11431212

Nobody cares about the good, everything flocks to those who have.
We are all whining, jaded, complaining retards. That's why we're stuck here, and we won't move on without some kind of intervention. But why should there be one?

>> No.11431220

>>11431129
Picture a universe in your mind. Now imagine it’s expanding. What is it expanding into?

>> No.11431228

>>11431212
I am anons projection

>> No.11431238

>>11428167
I'll get my life together eventually

>> No.11431244

when i have sex with my wife i fantasise about one of the girls at work

>> No.11431307

Several days ago I walked into a hipster Asian-teahouse/cafe mix and ordered some food with my mother. While I was sitting there with my mother eating my food with her, in walked a tall white blonde women with her daughter who couldn't have been more than 8 or 9. When her mother stepped forward to look at the menu mounted on the wall, the child stepped right up to me, made direct eye contact with me, and then entirely lifted up her shirt and flashed me her nipples for half a second, before putting down her shirt, looking me again in my eye and than walking back to her mother. I remained perfectly motionless and expressionless and acted like I hadn't seen anything. Every other person in the room happened to all be looking away at that exact moment, I was the only one who had noticed something unusual.

Later on that very same day I met up with a mtf transgender I met on a dating app. I thought they were a female at first when I saw their profile. They looked like a slim cute young twentysomething girl with interesting features. We went for a walk in a park and I ended up making out with them with their hand in my pants for half the evening until I left the park and went home. They were much better at kissing than most girls I've made out with.

>> No.11431326

>>11431307
what was the dating app? i want a cute trans gf :(

>> No.11431346

>>11431307
not bad

>> No.11431399

why do I keep returning to 4chan, I don't understand. Fuck me in the outs

>> No.11431418

>>11431220
That's what I first tought, its too abstract. Anon...where are we?

>> No.11431430

>>11431418
Your mind

>> No.11431438

>>11431399
yeah this place is so fucking stupid

>> No.11431688

ja tozy ni padarak

>> No.11431811

>>11430295
>le "communists are anti-sjw" meme

>> No.11431977

im quitting 4chan, no, for real this time

>> No.11432043

>>11431977
see you tomorrow

>> No.11432052

>>11431977
Best thing you'll ever do. Protip, if you came back to read this, don't think it's all lost. One time I quit 4chan and spend 4 years out of here. I return here once a year or so, but then I go away after a weekend of shitposting. If you don't come back in a few days, you forget about it.

I recommend everyone to just leave, seriously.

>> No.11432078

>>11428238
god bless u lil dood
word to ur pappy

>> No.11432131

>>11432052
What’s the name of that book/movie where there’s some craze and overnight everybody just stops and realizes how great the sun feels on their skin?

But don't forget, if too many people leave the cave at once we resort to innane savagery

>> No.11432205

Beloved my Sky,
Your hopes of monogamy and marriage are much too wholesome for my jaded perspective but I can't help express you were everything I wanted in a partner. I love you - text me soon.

>> No.11432392

>>11431430
My mind*
You are all just figments of my imagination

>> No.11432455

>>11428167
I’m 37. Is it too late to learn a new language?

>> No.11432585

>>11432392
True

>> No.11432607

>>11431044
I don't care about people and the world and I'm depressed, how's that for you?

>> No.11432609

tfw eternal brainlet

>> No.11432647

Shadilay brothers ^_^ my names brian I love family guy and atheism!! *teleports behind you* science BITCH *pulls out katana* nothing personal kid *browses /pol* what are some good alt-right books? *posts on /pol/I* I hate women so much why won’t they love me >_>

>> No.11432668

>>11432647
Okay, this is epic

>> No.11432681

>>11432609
realize that fundamentally you are no different from non-brainlets, the appearance of difference is an illusion

>> No.11432728

>>11428591
what is this? what is this personal attack? this libel; this slander? this diatribe? this hateful derogation? this libelous torture? how dare you bite your thumb at me; any finger for that matter; and do you presume this is filler? my ho hums, my offerings, my boons, my gifts? o heavens, my god; my mistakes, my mistakes, my mistakes--heavens no (and i use the em dash for emphasis hum!); a genius makes not mistakes; his actions are of a volitional nature; they are deliberate, forced, intentional; think'st thou my ho hums, my respirations, my breathing, my suspirations, were filler? as if i had run out, all sputtered out; as if this style, that was toiled upon for years; reinforced with pain; bolstered by a lost love, by the pain of a lost love; by the sweating bungalowshaped bed of a lost love; that this would consummate, would be the entelechy of filler; think'st thou you can pluck up my holes; think'st thou you can pluck out my essence henceforth, drag it out screaming into the luminous beams, and call it filler? filler, filler? thou woo't filler? filler, my god; filler, filler? as if shakespeare repeating himself in soliloquys is filler; as if the no, no, no's of king lear are filler; as if the listings of flowers, of plants, of flora is filler; take it back, sirrah; take it back; or so help me, god; i'll show you filler; i'll show you it

>> No.11432759

>>11432607
maybe you should try caring about them and see if that changes?

>> No.11432796

>>11432759
I care about the people immediately around me but am too depressed to be able to show it properly unless I use drugs and usually don't have the strength or effort to actively care about the people around me. The wider world is both incredibly foreign to me having never travelled and seemingly very bleak so my interest in the wider world is at a bare minimum to stop me from bumming myself out further.

>> No.11432797

>>11432728
slander is the spoken word retard

>> No.11432824

>>11432796
ay, what are you depressed about, for how long, are there any ever bright patches to your mood and outlook?

>> No.11432835

>>11432797
o, the spoken word; so speak some words to me; what do you have to say? is that it? a gabbling, gawking parrot? a gaping little bird you are? to parrot at me with corrections? to be my editor, my typewriter? to be my autocorrect, my professor? o, semicolanon; this one specific tiny teeny tiny little word you used on line 1 paragraph 2 section 8 clause 2 and a half is actually meant to be this word, you misused it; o thank you, most gracious and noble teacher, i really thank you; here, i should have paid you tuition; you're obviously my professor so i owe you money; will that be in shillings, sterling, florins, ducats, or USD?; i can pay you in a loan amount if you'd like; in installments of x amount per month at an annual interest rate of 4.5% capitalized and

>> No.11432907

>>11432824
I used to get bullied at secondary school a lot, which I could cope with in the short term but massively ground me down in the long term. I wasn't even pushed around for anything godawfully cringe-worthy, I just had an honest and open desire to learn all I could which doesn't mesh well with nike-worshipping chavs. It didn't help that I was quite naive about the whole thing. At the time I figured that it was just down to circumstance that I felt like shit a lot but as I grew up the bullshit stopped and I was just left feeling empty and angry at nothing.
I've just kind of sleepwalked through life at minimum effort without putting in any effort to achieve and without feeling accomplished for doing anything, but since I left home to go to university I've turned completely non-functional, I don't go to my lectures and I can't even take care of myself properly at this stage. I don't have the effort to cook or eat or even get up most of the time, let alone turn my life around. After I survived my suicide attempt in the first year I decided to try drugs because my previous reservations are kind of pointless if I may well die anyway. If there's any bright spot to my life it's doing drugs, I get some brief respite from all the weight I carry and get to have some of that magic backed that the world seemed to have when I was a kid. It's only temporary though. Probably going to get kicked out of uni if my appeal to resit the year isn't taken seriously, and I otherwise will go back to living in the middle of nowhere where there are no opportunities. I have no money to get out and life will probably be a horrendous wageslave that I don't have the strength to deal with. If one of my close friends hadn't committed suicide recently and shown me firsthand how fucking awful it feels to be left by someone like that I'd probably just clock out early.
Sorry, this was probably a bit more of a rant than what you asked for.

>> No.11432936

There's this girl that I really fucking like but she's not interested in a relationship as of now. It's kinda sad desu. She's just cripplingly great and no one seems to give a fuck, like I'm the only one who truly appreciates her. I'm a cute lovely beta but not exactly beautiful. Fuck I don't know what to do.

>> No.11432938

Well I had a good night last night. I hung out with a couple who have their lives together. A mechanical engineer and his business major girlfriend. The way their apartment was all messy, (an old xbox 360 with fallout new vegas in the tray) gave me a glimmer of hope. If my room is meticulously clean, a macbook on top of some novels, I guess that there is hope for me. My apartment is clean, but my life is a mess. Their apartment is filthy my their lives are forever moving onward and upward. Maybe there is no correlation between the two. But I look forward to seeing them again. They are nice people, and maybe their goodness could transfer to me, like through osmosis. Really, I think I blow all of my problems out of proportion. I really do.
Thanks for reading my diary.

>> No.11432963

>>11432938
d-d-d-d-id you get a good look at their apartment? ho, what books did they have? what novels, novellas, books, books did they have? what weighty and ponderous magazines and journals and manuals did they possess in their articulated possession? what did the girl look like? was she a starry damsel maid of the night? was she shining in moonbeams? was she a chaste nymph? a cracking whore? a tawdry bawd? a coquettish strumpet? and the man? muscular, brawny, skinny, fit, haggard, emaciated? what kinds of fruits did they have? blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, dandelions, ragamuffins? tell all, tell all; give me the secrets of her drawers

>> No.11432984
File: 124 KB, 744x768, VCj5wJ8xqHJROyadv2Gyr52CORg9_pfZyfYiPd0gum8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11432938
HAHA MEMERSON PROVEN WRONG ONCE AGAIN

>> No.11432991

I just turned 25 and I've having another existential dread anxiety attack. Mortality is scary, time is scary, I haven't achieved what I though I'd achieve by this time in my life. I can already see me skin is not as smooth as i was when I was younger. Am I being too self absorbed and selfish worrying about this stuff. If god exists he is cruel for giving us conscious brains that can worry about this stuff, i hope carrots are not self aware or they must me miserable.

>> No.11432999

>>11432907
Learn how to live with a blank mind. I was in nearly the same situation as you. I was bullied alot in middle school, but learned how to punch back. I got better at fucking with people near the end of middle school. My rule was to do it in a way that would escalate the situation to its maximum extent, but also had an element of humor so I didn't look like a complete asshole. The older I got the more and more I realized this type of social strategy would just leave me more and more aliennated, so I toned it down, but all that rage turned inward and I had a mental breakdown my first semester. Like you I stopped attending classes, had a 0.0 GPA, kicked out my fraternity, had to move back home, was looked at as a failure by my parents etc.
It's strange how things work. I lived my whole life in my brother's shadow. I still struggle with suicide on a daily basis. It's not even sadness, I never cry. It's like a quiet deathlessness. Find your comfort wherever you can. Don't desire your comforts so much that you rush past them, but sit there quietly and just let it come to you. All of life is one moment. Depression is rage internalized, rage, I think, has something to do with squeezing a sequence of events into this moment, right here, now, and desiring to either embrace it (which is a transcendent experience) or wishing to destroy it, which is not so good when you are combining all the events of your life in one moment, because the thing you want to destroy is yourself.
You are not the you you were two years ago, or even two seconds ago. Let a calm descend on to you.

>> No.11433003

>>11432991
Just for that clever quip you get a special place in my purgatorio garden as a self-aware carrot until rapture.

>> No.11433006

>>11432991
That's got to be a typo record. I'm beyond tired, nigh night.

>> No.11433008

>>11432991
you need a gf

>> No.11433014

>>11432907
no need to say sorry, if anything it should be me for hearing how bad you have had it, and wishing I could help somehow. You are young and certainly not helpless or hopeless, there are many places in the world where you can fit in and find things to do in life you can enjoy and be motivated and inspired and energized, you just need to seek them, find the strength and desire to dedicate your self to worthy causes, appreciate and enjoy the little things, stop beating yourself up so much, there is so much beauty and good in the world, strive to find it and make it. All easier said than done, and I myself am far from perfect, and deal with related issues. About the early bullying, try to let that past stay in the past, how big the world is, how many people, and you grew up in a little spot with a few people, and they were mean to you, i dont want to trivialize it, but so what, they were shit people, has nothing to do with you, shit people have nothing to do with you, and dont be one.

>> No.11433016

>>11432963
They are both very healthy, thin people. The guy is dating up, though. His girlfriend is super attractive. They have no books or magazines. They are incredibly normie people. We smoked weed and watched the animated Tarzan movie from the 90s. It's not about being insanely well read or artsy, that shit weighs you down.

>> No.11433028

>>11432938
>The way their apartment was all messy, (an old xbox 360 with fallout new vegas in the tray)
Is that all it takes to qualify as messy?

>> No.11433031

>>11432984
His point isn’t that your room needs to be clean in order to live a good life. His point is that if your life is a total disaster then you need to set reasonable goals that you can actually achieve, like cleaning your room. Small steps. It’s actually solid advice. I’m shocked people actually give him shit for it.

>> No.11433032

>>11432991
shitty consumerist culture has lied to people by convincing them that life is about being a 21 year old fair-skinned waif who goes to parties and has immature boyish dreams forever

in virtually every other culture in history being older (barring senility) was much more prestigious, interesting, and significant in just about every way, i've seen many descriptions of classical, medieval, and european society right down to the french revolution (and then some) as "gerontocracies"

you are living in an illusion that is no more real than the illusion that diamonds are intrinsically valuable, created by one advertising entrepreneur to swindle people, except this illusion has been embedded in everyone's heads and is distributed across all the infinite pieces of culture it has reverse engineered to conform to itself. a society with nothing to do and nothing to care about will obsess over its fucking skin

if you're a woman: have kids
if you're a man: realize you have about a week's span to spend on some great projects before you die, stop conceiving of your life as an itemized list with "average time to complete this task by", and start living as an actual human

>> No.11433033

>>11433008
You're right but crippling social anxiety makes that impossible.

>> No.11433036

>>11433028
It was messy other than that, that was just a detail that I thought conveyed the general awfulness of their apartment

>> No.11433046

Recently I became so obsessed with pursuiving my goals it started to ruin my life. I blame myself so much for each second I spend talking to people or getting entertained, but that's not even a problem from my part because I do not ask for these things in my life. Family and social commitments, these things simply pop up in a way I just can't control it. I love to follow solid routines where I can focus exclusively on reading/writing, but it gets impossible once you live around people who love you and need love from you. I'm afraid, however, that I love my goals more than those around me and I hate to say that I feel like they are getting in my way. I know I'm not brillant and I used to think that the only thing I could and had to do to be able to make it was to devote every single drop of sweat to this passion, without losing time. But I was wrong. I will have to become a monster aswell.

>> No.11433049

to all the guys and gals wanting to kill themselves here, y'all just need to fall in love with a cute gorgeous young woman

except you're an old fart, in that case kill thyself

>> No.11433065

>>11433032
All of this is noise

>> No.11433070

>>11433049
This is bullshit. A girl won't fix shit. Nothing will the problem, because you are the problem.

>> No.11433076

>>11433070
t. never has had a crush on anyone

>> No.11433078

>>11433046
I Identify. Books for this feel?

>> No.11433081

>>11433049
This is absolutely moronic advice, your relationship is doomed to fail the second you set foot in it if you're depressed.

>> No.11433101

>>11433076
You have never had a girlfriend before. In your head, the bird in the bush is worth ten million times the two in your hand. When you have a crush on a girl it's like this magical thing, and when you first start dating her this magic only escalates until it eventually peters out and you have to face life with her. This is why you need to accept downside before the upside with everything in life.

>> No.11433207 [DELETED] 

if i reach #1 on kaggle will life be worth living

>> No.11433218

>>11431977
I wouldn't mind if 4chan got sued by some rich celeb or something and permanently shut down, like gawker
Imagine how many addicts would be forced to go cold turkey

>> No.11433221

>>11433218
yo i would fuckin love that, i always act all smug at twitterfags but 4chan is like a microblog for me, i just come here and post whatever dumb sentence happens to be on my mind

>> No.11433226

>>11432455
no. look up Steve Kaufmann, he is probably twice your age and is still learning multiple languages.

>> No.11433227

Got some good books recently. Feeling pretty good about that. Problem is I only read when I smoke. Wish I could do all that I wish I could do, but I can't and it's not so bad. I don't know why it's such a struggle to do simple things.

>> No.11433259

the goth girl from high school got so hot. I wanna nut on her chest goddamn

>> No.11433270

it's all you got huh

>> No.11433276

it's not that you were born a dog, it's that you choose to be a dog.

>> No.11433279

how can one find meaning in life where ur not really good at anything? i just cant except mediocrity, i'm so narcissistic, i wish i could just go on disability, move to north dakota or something and play mmorpgs all day, just give up any pretension of not being a total bum

>> No.11433300

i just watched danny boyle's sunshine and it was pretty good

>> No.11433304

>>11433279
people aren’t born good at things they actually have to put in the work

>> No.11433315
File: 56 KB, 1008x720, LMqiMeI.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11433279
You just accept that you will never amount to anything. Accept it now rather than waste the next sixty years trying to do something you can't.

Or you could just kill yourself.

>> No.11433317

>>11433304
ya but everyone has a limit, i got away with being a pseud for so long until i stumbled across kaggle, and i see all this data science mother fucker with phds smugly sitting around on their little forums talking about gradient descents and random forests and shit, im like yo im a big pseud let me get in on this shit and kick everyone's ass, been a member for like two weeks, didnt even enter the first contest yet lol the problem with being a pseud around normies and 4chan deplorables is u start to believe your own hype and dont learn to accept your limitations

>> No.11433323

>>11428167
Penguin Classics are more aesthetically pleasing and of better quality than any other mainstream publisher that gets shilled on here (Oxford WC, Norton)

>> No.11433334

>>11433323
pengiun is more pulpy and cheap and the paper looks like it will be all yellow in a couple years, has a definite charm, but oxford has better looking covers

>> No.11433387

I don't know if I should read Tolstoy, or Faulkner. I'm in a Russian sort of mood, but I feel like I should stop reading so many translated works.

>> No.11433395

>>11433387
i need to read something good, i havent read anything really rad in like a year, im grinding some stuff for pseud cred of course, but i havent read any legit mindblowing shit in a year or two

>> No.11433425

it blows my mind how many people legitimately believe in a personal God.

>> No.11433441

>>11433425
God is consciousness you absolute retard YOU ARE IT look around you IT’S ALL CONSCIOUSNESS of course it’s personal IT’S ALL YOU IT’S ALL CONSCIOUSNESS YOU ARE CONSCIOUSNESS

>> No.11433471

>>11433441
you are a heretic.

>> No.11433535

write your mind threads are becoming so stale with these armchair philosophers writing whats in their butthole
write some fucking poetry god dammit you stupid cunts

>> No.11433566

one of my roommates left the fucking sink going full blast, if i wasnt a energy drink swilling insomniac that should would have gone all night and put our water bill sky high. i need to stop being a slacker shithead, finally take a grown up job in an office, and get a real apartment instead of renting a room in some cheap ass bro house

>> No.11433581

>>11433535
you first bitch

>> No.11433589

If you think you’re honestly never going to be happy in life should you kill yourself? Or start making compulsive irresponsible decisions?

>> No.11433597

>>11433589
no and no. just because happiness is impossible now doesn’t mean it won’t be possible later.

>> No.11433602

We're alive at one point. Walkin, Talkin, Seein. And then poof... dead. No one is prepared really. No one thinks "Yeah okay, I can die now". No one is prepared to cease everything. and what happens. when we die everything just goes blank? How does that make anysense? Everything that we know about the universe means jack shit when we die!?! Theres nothing we can do to avoid it. We're just going to stop living. How can anyone make someone stop living?!?! How is murder even a thing? This is really fuckin me up guys.

>> No.11433796

I don't know what to write about, and I haven't written anything for a very long time. When I was working the writing was easy; I wrote about work, stress, lack of fulfillment, so on. I'm not working right now and the words aren't there. I feel like without employment I have nothing to really communicate to other people. How do I get a life, /lit/?

>> No.11433813

tonight i got high. i went for a walk and got some coffee, listened to downtempo electronic music and wrote a short story. i walked to get some food, came back and cooked it. i drank a beer. i watched an anime where they were in an MMO or something. it was pretty fan servicy but i enjoyed it. then i listened to some more music and started browsing some /lit/.

i feel energetic and accomplished. today i exercised, got > 2,000 words of writing in, finished reading a novel, and cleaned up the apartment some. i'm sad that the weekend is over.

>> No.11433817

Kafka on the Shore is boring as shit

>> No.11433835

0-4 Tolstoy
5-9 Faulkner

>> No.11433864

So, nobody actually reads short story magazines or academic literary journals, right? I mean, I've read New Yorker once because Murakami was in it, but I'd never read like an issue of The Southern Review or The Boston Review cover to cover. And I read way more than any of my friends. Their subscription counts to non-library, non-academic entities must be less than a thousand.

>> No.11433869

>>11433602
>almost falls when leaning too far back in a chair once

>> No.11433877 [DELETED] 

>>11433864
i pick up a copy of paris review sometimes when i'm in manhattan, and i used to subscribe to monthly review which is non-sectarian but trot leaning marxist stuff

>> No.11433891

>>11433877
I too like to read Cold War era cia magazines designed to show that you could be a hip left leaning intellectual and not support the Soviet Union.

>> No.11433903

>>11433891
fair enough, the guy who founded it "paul sweezy" or whatever, was like the most bland non-revolutionary guy, harvard must have been like "shit, we need to get a marxist in order to be taken seriously, let's find the most bourgeois bland mother fucker out rn" and so sweezy was tenured

>> No.11433912

>>11433891
wow man this place swung from schizo nazis to stalinist cranks overnight!

>> No.11433959

i got an idea, if i switch to browsing the web on my ipad i will be less likely to shitpost because typing will be too much of a bitch, ill eventually just end up reading ibooks or watching classes on itunes u

>> No.11433970

I write throwback pulp novellas becasue I hate my life and I keep inserting my fetishes like monster girls into it because I have no self control. I wish I could kill myself but that isn't covered in the life insurance so basically I'm forced to either become a writer that writes shit for nobody or just get a job and try to kill myself in an accident.

>> No.11433991

I'm really anguished at the fact that Halo 3 Online is kill. I know I should be joyous for the brief experience to relive a part of my formative years, but the pangs still return.
I think I miss Halo 3 more than I do my exgf.

>> No.11433997

>>11433991
>playing shooters on a console

im no gamer, but dude, please

>> No.11434056

>>11433991
>go into a couple games of big team slayer
>ram elephant into the other teams one and board it like pirates
>invite them all to custom games
>get a full lobby to play fat kid and duck hunt, etc

those were the days

>> No.11434250
File: 817 KB, 808x805, 1509994641027.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>book is right next to me
>just cant bring myself to pick it up and read

>> No.11434253

>>11434250
nigga you're just lazy

>> No.11434275

>>11434253
PLEASE DONT SAY "YOU ARE LAZY"
DATTE HONTOU WA CRAZY

>> No.11434468
File: 31 KB, 220x319, Thechampionofcarrotkind.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Quite enjoy carrots.

>> No.11434472

>>11434275
m-mio-tan....................

>> No.11434500

>>11428167
I've been eating one meal a day for the last three days, and I can't decide whether or not to stick with it. Haven't noticed any upsides or downsides except an increased consumption of water, which is a net positive.

>> No.11434789

id kill myself if it wasnt for the fact that some people would probably be happy about it

>> No.11434875
File: 499 KB, 578x618, freeX.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ended a relationship with a girl who loved me to death. she wished best for me and hoped for me to find someone as great as me. now i feel like a fucking asshole

>> No.11435295
File: 297 KB, 448x468, 1529327293397.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.11435399

>>11428167
I'm thinking of compiling all my replies to /lit/ threads into a book about myself. Here, I'll link some:
>>11435371
>>11435354
>>11433493
>>11433483
>>11433316
>>11433436
>>11433447

>> No.11435471

Behead All Satans

>> No.11435482

>>11428390
who do you think you are that God owes you reason!

>> No.11435495

>>11434875
>>11434875
don't worry you taught her despair. A very valuable lesson.,

>> No.11435515
File: 129 KB, 597x577, BAS_1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11435471
>Behead All Satans

>> No.11435518

David foster wallace is overrated
David foster wallace is overrated

>> No.11435524

>>11435518
who hurt you, babe?

>> No.11435526

>>11435518
David foster wallace is our /lit/ bro, fuck off

>> No.11435626

Why shouldn't you look in the mirror during an LSD trip?

>> No.11435665

>>11435626
You totally can but staring in the mirror at yourself sober will still make your image look freaky after a little bit, so if you stare at yourself on acid you can easily throw yourself into a bad loop because of how much more exaggerated and crazy visual stimuli are. You're fine to look briefly though, especially if you're ok with your own image.

>> No.11435727

>>11430910
i like you anon

>> No.11435759

>>11428167
what the fuck did you has anyone been as far as decided to belong to us?

>> No.11435776

>>11435759
I had a stroke trying to read this

>> No.11436072

>>11435495
yeah it would be if she hadnt said she had her heart broken a couple of times

>> No.11436230

>>11428238
kille yyfelfe

>> No.11436247

>>11428591
kille yyfelfe likewyfe fagget

>> No.11436261

>>11435399
>>11431511

>> No.11436267

>>11436247
>>11436230
>>[you]

anyway i'm having an okay day. got a couple few grams of "dank og shit" which is what he tells me every time. playing hooky from work because my attendance permanent record can take a few hits right now. hanging out in the public library bc air conditioning and slowly getting a lockjaw headache. BWH, SLAYER

>> No.11436503

>>11428167
God I wish that were me.

>> No.11436516

Next thing that needs to go after Jezebelposters is Potterposters.

>> No.11436576

>>11428804
No
I'd like to watch the fireworks.
I hope there are fireworks

>> No.11436585

>>11436516
Do you get upset whenever someone insults what is undoubtedly one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>> No.11436590

>>11436585
No I hate Harry Potter genius.

>> No.11436601
File: 154 KB, 750x826, 6FCEA20C-D0F9-4194-859A-3DE021AC0159.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11428167
27-year-old anon here, no gf since college, no prospects, no hope at all. Just got back from a wedding and they sat me at the singles table, away from all my friendos.
I have recently learned not to accept my inevitable loneliness-unto-death but to distract myself from it via books and nothing but. Books imo are the most all-consuming of entertainments. When I read a book, especially a long book, I have for some time an alternate reality that I cannot simply escape by turning of the television or pulling out my headphones.
I read and read fiction and pummel myself with distraction. Once I’ve finished a book, there is a brief window from where I can see the flood of loneliness and desperation rushing toward me, and so I pick up another and read until I forget.

>> No.11436629

>>11436261
I literally posted in that thread though >>11433447
This is only the umpteenth time /lit/ has told me I'm narcissistic; I really don't even see why that's a bad thing.

>> No.11437326

What's going on in this thread?

>> No.11437750

>>11430910
quit the coffee and most of this will go away

>> No.11437804

Sometimes a write little poems:

I can smash with my hand
pumping my little man
but the goal has changed
no more dangling loose change
to get a couple looks
to speak is my art
my teachers and books
build the words I will spell
spoken well into the air
reach the ears of a honey and get me some honey

>> No.11437811

>>11430910
switch to weed

>> No.11438024

>>11433997
>>11434056
I was talking about the briefly successful PC Halo 3 mod of Halo Online

>> No.11438809
File: 112 KB, 1080x1350, 0000001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.11438818

I had a dream last night that my ex-girlfriend was playfully teaching me the right way to hold her hand, and just from that I woke up cumming.

>> No.11438909
File: 60 KB, 1024x1004, 1530909093907.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11438818
I dreamed that I had a pet cat. I was sitting in an easy chair when the cat began stepping on me. I was glad to have some company, but then the cat threw up all over me. I got up from the chair and took a long shower, dried off, and dressed myself. Shortly after opening the bathroom door all ready to start my day, I woke up and had to take a shower. I like cats, but I don't have one.

>> No.11438919

>>11438809
Is this who I think it is?

>> No.11438932

There is no ultimate destination. Just infinite worlds, possibilities and lives.

>> No.11438949

People seem to like my writing. I can't tell if they're being sincere or just trying to be nice.
t. >>11428431

>> No.11438969
File: 1003 KB, 994x633, literally me.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11428167
The couples dance earnestly on the ballroom floor, and the glass chandeliers illuminate their every step. It's a spectacle to say the least, what with the myriad of reflections that bounce off the gold marble floors. Laughter and excited chatter fill the halls, floating cocktail glasses, occasional cheers, and most of all, the tranquil contentment of the dancer's movements. Oh, how enamored with the other they all seem to be, how they've forgotten themselves in the night.
I watch them from the black seat, pressing soft and lovely keys to keep this soft and lovely night going. Observing the hall from this small corner, I find this world to be one of which I will never be privy to - no, I cannot be the one that dances in the light - I am the one that plays the piano.

>> No.11439184

>>11438969
sing us a song, you're the piano man

>> No.11439203

Utopists are the utter worst. The most foul of cretins. The spawn of the bottomost dregs.
It doesn't matter whether they are communist, capitalist, fascist, or otherwise. They are all wretches of such a grand caliber.

>> No.11439213

>>11439184
SING US A SONG TONIGHT!

>> No.11439391
File: 18 KB, 300x250, st.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>finish a book this morning
>waiting for amazon to deliver my next read
>"expected by 9pm"
>mfw

>> No.11440224

>>11428167
Why tf am I browsing this board when I don't even engage in any threads and just lurk.

>> No.11440229

>>11439203
Why ?

>> No.11440243

>>11440229
Utopists are willing to make any sacrifice at all to turn their pipe dream into a reality and invariably dream of something that's utterly dystopian for the overwhelming majority of the populace.

>> No.11440678
File: 53 KB, 532x299, The-Holy-Lance.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11428167
Recently I've been really interested in occult shit, as a form of escapism.
The political landscape is changing rapidly, the enviromend is going to shit... Everything makes me afraid, 4chan redpills didn't make me rightwing, just paranoid and miserable.
I just can't deal with it and I don't know what to do

>> No.11440691

>>11440678
whats the problem, what cant you deal with, the political landscape and environment? Are you sure they are changing and going to shit?

>> No.11440721

>>11440243
While I don't deny the people you describe exist, wouldn't you say that this mindset is essentially just blind conservatism?
We've accumulated so much knowledge in the last few centuries, created unthinkable technologies, our way of life is already unrecognizable, why shouldn't we be able to turn this same intellect to our social order?

>> No.11440722

>>11440691
>Are you sure they are changing and going to shit?
There is an obvious rightwing uprising going on and we have even more examples of enviromental stuff, oil crisis, the bees are disappearing, climate change...

> what cant you deal with
Feeling of impending doom, feeling that I should join one side of the ideologial war, that I should get ready for something instead of living my life normally...

>> No.11440728

>>11440691
>global rise in authoritarian ideologies
>increasing economic instability
>natural disasters are more frequent and intense
>global temperature records continue to be set
>species going extinct at an unprecedented rate
But yeah, it's all fine, probably just my imagination

>> No.11440804

>>11440722
>There is an obvious rightwing uprising going on
what does this mean, what could possibly come of it?

>the bees are disappearing
doubt it, there are plenty of bees, as long as there are some, alls it takes is to compel them to be fruitful and multiply.

>climate change
dont you think the top scientists are working around the clock with solutions?

>>11440728

>> No.11440819

>>11440804
>alls it takes is to compel them to be fruitful and multiply
Oh, I get it. You're just retarded

>> No.11440832

>>11440804
This is the most uninformed post I've read in weeks, my god.

>> No.11440835

>>11440229
Utopias are only approached across a sea of blood. And even then they are never really reached.

>> No.11440840

>>11440804
creative bait

>> No.11440885

>https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/09/opinion/contributors/the-rape-jokes-we-still-laugh-at.html

this was so hot had to fap to some trannies busted a huge nut

>> No.11440930

>>11440819
Um... just go to the bee store and buy more?

>> No.11440936

>>11440832
so inform me:
what could come of rightwing uprising?

Are there not acres and acres of warehouses and bee keepers constantly breeding more and more bees?

Are there not many top scientists who have grasped to some degrees, hopefully ever increasing, the nature of climate change and potential solutions?

Does everyone need to stop using oil, and for cows to stop farting, and for smoke plume factories to be shut down?

>> No.11440957

>>11440678
>>11440728
>>11440722
>>11440819
>>11440832
I am 55 years old, they have been saying all this same crap since I was 14, now imagine if I had lived every day of my life chattering my teeth shaking in my boots with the covers pulled over my head since then, I would have shriveled up and died long ago

>> No.11440962

>>11440936
>what could come of rightwing uprising?
The pressing fear is a return to Weimar Germany-esque political extremism on both sides of the aisle if both sides continue pressing their supporters into more and more frenzied narratives. In the UK, the Brexit situation is beginning to resemble the Treaty of Versailles and multiple nations (Poland, Hungary, Spain, Italy, Greece) are seeing rising support of populist/nationalist movements.
>Are there not acres and acres of warehouses and bee keepers constantly breeding more and more bees?
Not fas enough to replace the dying, no, because bees are dying of rampant new hive syndromes that we don't understand and which probably have their roots in the exact population management and captivity situations you're describing. Besides, no amount of bees on trucks are going to accomplish what wild bees do, it isn't profitable to maintain them.
>Are there not many top scientists who have grasped to some degrees, hopefully ever increasing, the nature of climate change and potential solutions?
No, because common consensus among scientists is that climate change has crossed the threshold and cannot be reversed even if we threw the engine into full stop - while politicians are exploiting common ignorance and fearmongering to push climate change agendas contrary to this fact.
>Does everyone need to stop using oil, and for cows to stop farting, and for smoke plume factories to be shut down?
None of that will do anything, as stated above, as well as because a huge amount of greenhouse gasses are produced by livestock and industry in developing nations that cannot practically be replaced.

>> No.11440971

>>11440957
>the world didn't end in the tiny amount of time I've been alive so there must be no problem
Unironic Boomer post there old man. We're talking about problems with residual effects lasting generations.

>> No.11441002

>>11440957
>posting on 4chan at 55
Yep, definitely retarded

>> No.11441004

>>11440229
Utopists see humanity as a question/problem to be solved. Their end goal is to bring an end to all strife, and so a utopia would remove all disparity which creates strife. They are blinded and cannot see that everything, good and bad, is derived from disparity.
The end result, the ideal, perfected utopia, would be a hivemind, or even just a single individual, because utopists would consider the many wills of many people and the conflict of viewpoints and morality as a cause for disparity and thus strife and would seek its end.

>> No.11441012

>>11440971
if global warming were real then liberals would be selling their sea level properties in california and new york, but guess what, prices for properties that would be underwater in a few decades are literally the highest in history! the markets don't lie my friend, deal with it

>> No.11441027

>>11441012
You do understand that global warming doesn't instantaneously raise the sea level, right? It's an incredibly slow process, and the climate prediction models that politicians use to say the coast will be underwater in 10, 15, 20 years are less complex than weather prediction models that we don't trust more than a few days in the future.
That people are being retarded about a phenomenon doesn't mean that phenomenon isn't happening - people still consume food that causes them to become obese, even though according to rational man theory economics they wouldn't.

>> No.11441046

>>11440962
>The pressing fear is a return to Weimar Germany-esque political extremism on both sides of the aisle if both sides continue pressing their supporters into more and more frenzied narratives.
>In the UK, the Brexit situation is beginning to resemble the Treaty of Versailles and multiple nations (Poland, Hungary, Spain, Italy, Greece) are seeing rising support of populist/nationalist movements.

Why do you think this stuff is happening at all? Who is in the wrong? What is desired by who?

>Not fas enough to replace the dying,
how is it known the numbers are substantial? How can it be anything other than something like a poll of 100 people and saying that is how 300,000,000 think? There is so much land, so many trees, so many bee hives, how can a substantial number of them been even seen? How could man wager how many beehives and bees exist? How could man wager what percentage of total beehives whereabouts in a country are known?

>No, because common consensus among scientists is that climate change has crossed the threshold and cannot be reversed even if we threw the engine into full stop
Cant be reversed, but can be halted, slowed down? Surely a non halt, would only make what they believe is bad, worse? So wouldnt they still extremely recommend halt?

>while politicians are exploiting common ignorance and fearmongering to push climate change agendas contrary to this fact
If the scientists done whatever they can to halt the causes and increasing damages of climate change then they arent too certain of their consensus now are they.

>None of that will do anything, as stated above, as well as because a huge amount of greenhouse gasses are produced by livestock and industry in developing nations that cannot practically be replaced.

Yeah it can be practically replaced: if the options truly are: ____% (what would this number have to be to force extreme action?) of earth uninhabitable by year _____ and that year is below 2100 (or what would that year be to warrant extreme action? 2200, 2300 2400?) then what has to be done has to be done.

>> No.11441049

>>11441027
you understand that if any rich liberals actually believed global warming was real they wouldn't pay millions of dollars for buildings that will be underwater in a couple decades? as usual flyover plebs getting tricked. prices of building at sea level in brooklyn and hoboken are fucking sky high and rising, for property that you claim will be uninhabitable in 20 years thats a mighty odd trend...

>> No.11441053

>>11441002
yep, definitely an agist brat. Age aint nothing but a number, I am still 25 at mind, heart, body, and spirit. What do you plan to be doing at 55? no downtime to wander the internet and interact with some folks? What websites do you reckon you will be using at 55?

>> No.11441064

>>11441049
>20 years
can they make their money back in that time, and can they purchase flood insurance? Short term investment, if it fails, theyll have others to fall back on, thus your point is unsubstantial

>> No.11441071

>>11441049
>it's a classic boomer nuh uh my fee fees and cherrypicked anecdotal "evidence" tell me it's fine also I don't care because I'll be dead before anything bad happens!
How does it feel to be part of the generation that killed the Earth?

>> No.11441081

>>11441064
>putting millions of dollars into real estate
>short term investment

ok, sure, but, uh, every time these guys flip a brownstone shouldnt the price be declining since its going to be worthless?

>> No.11441083

>>11441053
I cannot conclusively say what websites I will or won't use at 55. I doubt the internet as we know it today will be widely used. But bear in mind that you're here arguing with literal teenagers.

>> No.11441099

>>11441081
>I have no idea how the real-estate market or rent-seeking behavior works

>> No.11441105

>>11441046
This entire fucking post is MMMMM GRAYONS

>> No.11441108 [DELETED] 

>>11441071
how does it feel to be a pleb pawn who goes from one democrat party talking point to the next, always sure to avoid economic inequality since that wouldnt benefit the rich liberals, oh no babys being removed from criminal parents, how double dog dare u sir! oh no, global warming, it sure is hot, better by some beach front property so we can go swimming every day! oh whats that kavanaugh is going to ban baby boomer? how triple dogg dare u sir! what, raise taxes on the rich? what are you a fucking bernie bro? get back in line faggot

>> No.11441113

>>11441099
i'm not the one who thinks people pay premium prices for worthless property my friend

>> No.11441115

>>11441049
>for property that you claim will be uninhabitable in 20 years

"Climate prediction models that politicians use to say the coast will be underwater in 10, 15, 20 years are less complex than weather prediction models that we don't trust more than a few days in the future"
Imagine being illiterate and still managing to post on the internet.

>> No.11441122

>>11441113
People pay premium prices for worthless property all the goddamn time, you idiot. Economics does not work according to rational man theory. There's a housing craze right now in the middle of the damn desert out around Las Vegas, which won't be habitable with current resource drains inside of a decade.
You literally do not comprehend how the market works on any level, but you think you're fit to prophesy the future based on your own ignorance.

>> No.11441123

>>11441115
so what are you trying to say? global warming is a hoax after all?

>> No.11441127

>>11441081
>putting millions of dollars into real estate
>short term investment
Millions of dollars to make an apartment building with a few hundred apartments, each apartment costs a million to buy, and they are in high demand.

The 'water will rise so much in 20 years' ... even if it in reality would be 100 or 200 years.. likely was inappropriate attempt at motivating quick action. If you knew it was true that it would raise drastically by 150 years, could you see trying to get people to act in the here and now by telling them it would be sooner?

>> No.11441130

>>11441108
>calling me a pleb pawn
>thinks I'm a democrat
>all this fucking rage over nothing
Fucking boomers are such delusional babies, can't even think outside of two party politics, can't even imagine I might not be his singular picture of what a democrat looks like.
>get back in line faggot
This is how domesticated you are, you've been coddled by consumerism your whole fucking life and can't imagine a world where anything you do has a consequence.

>> No.11441134

>>11441123
Climate change outcomes pushed by politicians is a massively oversimplified tool of fearmongering.

>> No.11441141

>>11441105
and yet you couldnt successfully discuss a single point!

>> No.11441142

>>11441130
This. Boomers were a fucking mistake.

>> No.11441147

>>11441141
>discuss
>literal child responding to everything the adults are talking about with "Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?"
You're on /lit/. Read a book. Read any fucking book. Read SOMETHING.

>> No.11441153

>>11441134
oh so u admit climate change is political bullshit used to keep plebs like you from talking about economics? good, remember if u start talking about economic inequality u are a fucking bernie bro and bernie bros are why trump is going to be able to ban baby murder i mean the right to choose

>> No.11441158

>>11441123
>see people playing jenga
>guy tells you that if they keep playing the tower is gonna fall over
>other guy tells you she thinks it might fall over in the next few turns
>one turn later you say call them all retarded democrat hoaxers because the tower hasn't fallen over yet
Really makes you dink

>> No.11441159

>>11441153
>people are misrepresenting something
>this means that thing does not exist
This is your brain on Boomerism.

>> No.11441162

>>11441153
>economics are more important than the health of the entire planet
hmm

>> No.11441167

>>11441147
Say something on topic about the points dipshit. What valuable posts have you made in this convo thus far? I was continuing the conversation with a line of reasonable questions: are you the person I was questioning and you can't answer so are now trying this tactics? Respond to the points made on topic or shut up

>> No.11441170

>>11441127
ooooh i see now climate change might happen in like 200 years, ok i thought it was like happening now, glad we cleared that up, well do u suppose we will still be using oil and coal in 200 years?

lol @ how u went from "vote for hillary or brooklyn and sf will be underwater in 4 years!!! boomers ruined mother earth!" to "well it's possible sea levels could rise a few inches in 200 years"

>> No.11441179

>>11441162
i never said that, i simply said if the rich liberals believed their own bullshit they wouldn't be lining up to buy sea level brownstones

>> No.11441180

>>11441170
How is it that boomers can be so wildly defensive and assume so much absolute crap based on their tiny worldview at the same time?

>> No.11441182

>>11441170
>well do u suppose we will still be using oil and coal in 200 years
"common consensus among scientists is that climate change has crossed the threshold and cannot be reversed even if we threw the engine into full stop - while politicians are exploiting common ignorance and fearmongering to push climate change agendas contrary to this fact."

What a brave little guy, soldiering on despite his complete illiteracy

>> No.11441185

>>11441179
Why would rich people care?
They just money their way out of the problem when it turns up, and for now they get to show off in lavish excess.

>> No.11441189

>>11441167
>waaah why isn't everyone spoonfeeding me information, I deserve to be treated as an equal party to this conversation despite being completely ignorant of every facet of the basic premises
This isn't a "Real World 101" course buddy. Read a book.

>> No.11441192

>>11441170
According to scientists, maybe, it could be 150, it could be 100, it could be 70, you missed that point didnt you... but if that was the case, imagine the icecaps melt over that time and in 70 years really do rise alot, can you understand why they might tell people it was sooner time to try to spark action?

If the biggest concern is sea level rising even 10 feet that really wouldnt be that big a deal right? it only effects so many people and they can just move inland.

How big would whether increases from climate change be, more or less bad than water rising? Increased heat

>> No.11441193

>>11440962
I'm going to be an unironic right-winger and say that the present liberal order deserves to die. It was always going to die one way or another, might as well die now. You have probably lived in a position of privilege and have not had to face the consequences of what your lifestyle costs until now, not just from an environmental perspective but from a political and sociological one as well. But now the bill is coming due.

Also we'll just wind up taking the carbon out of the air anyway.

>> No.11441203

>>11441193
I'm a conservative. You have just told someone who agrees with you on probably 99% of politics that they 'deserve to die' because they didn't identify themselves as belonging to your ideology blatantly enough.
You are the fucking problem.

>> No.11441204

remember after obama's win when all the democrats were saying republicans would be a "regional party" and that they can ignore white voters etc.

democrats lost the house, lost the senate, lost the presidency, and now lost the supreme court! LOSERS! you lost it ALL! your policies fucking suck! they have been REJECTED by the american people! WOMP FUCKING WOMP!

>> No.11441207

>>11441182
>common consensus among scientists is that climate change has crossed the threshold and cannot be reversed even if we threw the engine into full stop
This is like saying to someone smoking 3 packs of cigs a day and drinking 3 handels of liquer ... it seems the aging process cannot be stoped so you may as well not halt your activity.

If they believe that X amount of bad can occur due to climate change:

due to Y processes:

Dont they believe that if Y processes continue: X will be X + 100 bad, + 1000 bad, +1000 bad, +1000 bad... etc.

Wouldnt they still claim that even if cant reverse: that 'halting the engine', could make X low as possible?

>> No.11441211

>>11441185
>why would rich people care

you're right, the democrats dont care about you, that is very true

>> No.11441213

>>11441189
You still didnt say anything on topic and you still havent made a single worthy post. Unless you are the one I questioned and at least to you appeared to disagree with so instead of answering my questions your throwing a pissy fit

>> No.11441214

>>11441207
>everything is a linear progression
You just keep topping your own stupidity

>> No.11441215

>>11441207
halting the engine would kill about 99% of everyone btw

industrial farming is the reason you're alive. if you were to cut it by even about 20% africa would experience a malthusian collapse the like of which the world has literally never seen in it's entire history.

it would be fucking helter skelter.

>> No.11441218

>>11441213
>worthy post
As deemed by the literally most uninformed person in this entire thread. Great, I'll try to do better.
Besides, I'm making up probably a third of the posts in this thread since your original masterwork was posted.

>> No.11441222

>>11441193
>lifestyle costs....not just from an environmental perspective
what is the liberals lifestyle costs from an environmental perspective?

>> No.11441224

>>11434875
why

>> No.11441225

>>11441203
lol, when did I say that? I said the order of politics deserves to die, not the individual people. Liberal democracy has had a good run, but we need something different now.

And you may be a conservative, but I'm a reactionary.

>> No.11441227

>>11441215
This, a thousand times.
We either break the machine and kill everyone, throttle the machine down and slowly kill everyone, or throttle the machine up and develop the right technology and social structuring in the process to get off the iceberg before it melts.

>> No.11441236

>>11441214
you just keep producing invalid statements. Exactly what did I say that was wrong? Highlight the error in what I said, pro tip, you can't. So respond to the point

>> No.11441250

>>11441215
>>11441227

Noone said industrial farming was the main reason for climate change. Unless you are specifcally talking about cows farts, and then you would say 99% of people would die if they couldnt eat burgers?

All factories that 24/7 produce plumes of black smoke in the air (if that has anything to do it) are necessary for 99% human survival?

What are the other suggested causes of climate change, that would have to be halted?

>> No.11441256

>>11441250
Industrial farming is probably the single biggest contributor of greenhouse gases, it blows personal automobiles out of the water.

>> No.11441257

remember guys science is just a social construct and believing any of it's findings is totally optional, except for global warming THAT is real!

>> No.11441261

>>11441256
>Industrial farming
All industrial farming? Lettuce and corn and tomatoes, how does that contribute to climate change?

>> No.11441264

>>11441256
It's industrial agriculture and developing nations' industry

>> No.11441266

>>11441250
>factories producing smoke

are you retarded, you can't even use a gas powered forklift inside a warehouse, the coal is being used to generate electricity you stupid fuck, not for manufacturing, if u dont even know the basic facts of where carbon energy is used, how can you really judge the validity of any global warming research

>> No.11441272

>>11441264
>It's industrial agriculture
how does industrial agriculture influence climate change?

>> No.11441279

>>11441204
lmao it's literally only you in this whole thread that buys into two party politics

>> No.11441282

>>11441272
produces more methane gas than basically anything else on earth, and is unreplaceable in the short term.
That's not even talking about livestock in India that isn't even harvested.

>> No.11441283

>>11441211
Again, I really don't give a fuck about democrats on the whole, climate change is the issue speaking to me here

>> No.11441284

>>11441279
>i don't buy into "two party politics"
>i post dumb posts using democat party talking points

woo laddy

>> No.11441289

>>11441283
why? are you worried your sea level property is going to lose value? here's a secret: it won't

or are you just looking for something to virtue signal about but you're too much of a pussy to go full communist and talk about economics? kys

>> No.11441291

>>11441284
Am I being baited or do you really believe what you just posted holy shit lmao

>> No.11441308

>>11441289
I just don't care about economics. I work in a trade where I'll be well off no matter what happens in the future. I don't need to care.
No matter what happens I'm going to be in demand, so unless the climate winds up so fucked that I killed by flooding or one of the increasingly frequent tropical storms it really doesn't matter. I have everything I need to live a long and fulfilling life.

>> No.11441314

>>11441291
remember everybody we're all too cool for two party politics but we all have to turn out at the polls to STOP TRUMP he is literally a fascist so do ur duty and pull that lever for the dems, but im totally not a democrat party supporter, im waaay too hip for that everybody

the best part about trump winning constantly is just laughing at people like you, the more you cry the more trump wins

>> No.11441316
File: 569 KB, 1024x663, hillary clinton white men.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11441204
It's going to get even better. There won't be a blue wave this November, Trump will get re-elected given the complete lack of a competent Democrat to beat him, and he will likely get to appoint at least one more justice before the end of his second term.

>> No.11441320

>>11441308
oh so i was right, its a way to virtue signal without actually promoting any policies that benefit the working class, thats what i figured but thanks for confirming my intuition

>> No.11441334

>>11441314
I wanted Trump to win you moron, asides from giving an opening for people who aren't traditionally politicians to force their way in when the whole system is fucked the fact that he won with the numbers he won with is ideal because when 2020 rolls around the dems should field someone more left-wing that will take issues like climate change seriously whilst having less room to focus on meaningless identity politics after all the mess Trump made.
It's all going exactly according to keikaku.

>> No.11441337

>>11441320
>supports consumerism
>thinks he supports the working class
lul

>> No.11441345

>>11441314
what is with boomers consistently mislabeling conservatives as dems? Is the only function in your mind "DEMS = BADS"?

>> No.11441365

>>11441337
gommies get out

>> No.11441370

>>11441316
holy shit that sidebar is incredible

>> No.11441384

>>11441365
>country where working class people live in constant fear of injury or illness because of exorbitant healthcare costs
>country lacks in basic workers rights
>rectifying any of these makes us gommies so we ain't doing it but I totally support the working class you guys
lul?

>> No.11441387

>>11441384
>country where working class people live in constant fear of injury or illness because of exorbitant healthcare costs
the working class has never voted for socialized healthcare. Socialized healthcare under the Obama administration was more expensive than private healthcare and many people lost their previous healthcare providers because of over-regulation.
>country lacks in basic workers rights
such as?
>rectifying any of these makes us gommies so we ain't doing it but I totally support the working class you guys
Doing things the working class doesn't want is not supporting the working class

>> No.11441416

>>11441282
livestock isnt considered agriculture is it.

How does the process of producing lettuce, tomatoes, and corn produce methane?

>> No.11441423
File: 31 KB, 130x101, megumin durr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11441416
>livestock isnt considered agriculture is it.

>> No.11441433

>>11441423
How does the process of producing lettuce, tomatoes, and corn produce methane?

>> No.11441439

>>11441433
Because livestock is used in the harvesting of those crops in developing nations, and where livestock isn't used, sub-optimal and unregulated machinery is instead used.
And livestock harvested for food is an element of agriculture, I don't know who told you otherwise.

>> No.11441445

On one side there are people who believe they have reason to believe ____ amount of bad things will happen due to climate change which is due to ____A_____

On the other side, there are people that have financial association with A, are on sure about the nature of climate change and the _____ bad things that could happen, but do not want to risk their financial relation to certain potential causes of climate change over the risk that: (1): If things go on as they are, the ____ number of bad things that happen of ____quality will be so low as to have made them give up a portion of their financial relation to A for nothing.

>> No.11441460

>>11441387
Yeah, because the dems fucked up trying to solve the problem it means that nobody has to care. Should probably start by subsidising ambulances because charging people in a life or death crisis is usually the first step into a lifetime of debt.
>such as?
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/compare-us-labor-laws-european-labor-laws-62420.html
Pretty sure the working class wants someone to actually look out for them.

>> No.11441463

>>11441439
>Because livestock is used in the harvesting of those crops in developing nations,
So the methane from these livestock harvesters is the main source?

Does america use a lot of livestock to harvest?

>And livestock harvested for food is an element of agriculture,
Ok but that is separate from plant agriculture, which is why part of the pleading is 'eat less burgers', or something.

When you say: The main cause of climate change is agricultural farming: you are saying its what, 70% cows for meat, and 30% horses in india pulling plows?

>> No.11441499

>>11441463
>plant agriculture
Everyone can see when you add qualifiers to shift goalposts.

>Does america use a lot of livestock to harvest?
No, but there are only some 300 million Americans and we don't harvest the majority of our own food, compare this with India or China with populations upwards of a billion where there is both a lack of the wealth necessary to graduate from livestock-driven agriculture and a lack of environmental regulations on machine-driven agriculture.
>Dude just eat less burgers
Except the population in developing nations and developed nations alike rely entirely on agricultural food production to even survive. You can't feasibly just scoop up all the cows ever used, replace them with incredibly complex, expensive, and high-maintenance EPA-compliant machinery, and force everyone to be vegan. Wouldn't work on any level, and also ignores that in India specifically cows are culturally/religiously prevented from being used for work or for butchering, so they have a constantly upward-trending population of cows that nobody wants to deal with.
And that's not even touching secondary agriculture animals, like sheep, who don't produce food but do produce even more difficult and expensive to replace commodities.

>> No.11441522

>>11441499
>plant agriculture
>Everyone can see when you add qualifiers to shift goalposts.
its not shifting the goal posts:

If people are like: Agriculture farming is responsible for the most climate change:

But 80% of that is just the amount of cows that exist.

And people say... well we cant stop agriculture farming because everyone will die!

Thats not entirely true, because cutting back on burgers would not lead to everyones death

>> No.11441530
File: 66 KB, 500x533, grayons.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11441522
>if I ignore all complexity in this issue, the problem goes away!
This is why nobody wants to talk to you

>> No.11441536

>>11441499
The point is, all the problems you mention are not problems at all, and can be easily dealt with, if the ultimatum is, leave things as they are: or ____ amount of bad things ______ amount of quality will occur to _____ amount of the earth if those things arent changed; if those blanks are high enough.
If that last blank is 2% of the earth?
If its 5? 20% 50% 70%?

Then everything you said is easily taken care of.

Then entire trouble and struggle and crux and argument is how to closely trust and understand and know what those blanks with be: 10 years, 20 years, 40, 50, 100, 200, 300 years from now.

>> No.11441538

>>11441536
>and can be easily dealt with
what's your plan for completely overhauling the agriculture of China, India, and Africa, then?

>> No.11441548

>>11441530
Lets say it was true that in 30 years, 75% of the 1st2nd world inhabited land will be uninhabitable if Burger consumption is not cut back, if India is not helped given better technology/or/half their population killed,

But if those things are done: in 50 years, only maybe .000000003% of that 75% will be uninhabitable

then what say you?

>> No.11441555

>>11441548
>let's say we massively oversimplify this problem and then do some retarded highschool-level math
Fucking genius

>> No.11441579

>>11441555
What I stated is the essence of the situation. What matters is the severity of the potential consequences and the possible certainty in which they can be known. If the facts of the severity of the consequences are severe enough, and the only reason this is a conversation at all is because a few small people believe believe there may be severe consequences, then action to prevent those consequences can be taken or not, obviously.

You are speaking and acting as if under the impression the severity of the consequences cannot possibly be that severe. I dont know, I dont know if "we" know., I dont know if the scientests know, I dont know if they can know.

So there is nothing to talk about? Noone can possibly know how severe the activities of A and B and C which """maybe""" cause climate change will lead to exactly or generally what problems in X amount of years.

Since that cannot be done, there nothing to talk about and nothing to do.

If it could be done, if there could be educated guesses and models, and relative proven relative confidences, then if it was seen that consequences passed a certain threshold of severity, then actions to prevent that severity would be considered to be taken:

Even if they included, making people eat less burgers, and helping indians and Chinese with modern farming tech or killing half their population.

>> No.11441581

>>11441579
>>11441555
>because a few small
small* smart

>> No.11441585

>>11441538
If the west was actually able to project an image of strength and also stopped fucking with other countries affairs it would be pretty straightforward to make ties with developing african nations. India will probably slowly bring themselves into line with the rest of the world in order to foster better international relations.
Han chinese are subhumans that need to be purged from the world before they destroy everything.

>> No.11441602

>>11441127
>Some liberals generally think there might be something possibly to this climate change thing
>some liberals are buying waterfront property and building buildings near the water
>therefore climate change cannot possibly be real

>> No.11441609

>>11441579
>What I stated is the essence of the situation
The sad thing is, you probably believe that

>> No.11441620

>>11441585
So your solution is to genocide the chinese

Genius

>> No.11441623

>>11441609
No, the sad thing is you didnt respond to any of my points, if I didnt write that statement, how would you have responded to my post? Keep in mind how you answer will say nothing of me, only of you

>> No.11441647

>>11441620
>genocide 1984land before their cancer and influence spreads elsewhere
>populace is so dumbed down by chonk propaganda that they barely class as human
>chonks commit so many human rights violations on a daily basis that there would probably be less human rights violations in China a decade after the genocide than if they had all lived
Seems fine to me

>> No.11441649

>>11441609
>>11441555
>>11441538
My point:

The only problem is the inability to know, to be near certain, to be near near certain: the severity of the consequences of actions that may produce climate change that may produce severe consequences.

The minor minor problem compared to that is:

If the severity of the consequences of doing nothing will result in 1% of the inhabited world being uninhabitable in 50 years what do we do.
in 100 years, in 200, in 300.
if 2% what do
if 5% what do
if 10% what do
what areas is it?
if this areas, 15% in 200 years, 50 years, what do?

>> No.11441651

>>11441647
*total human rights violations

>> No.11441826

>>11441649
>if my retarded monovariable math checks out
hmmmmmmm

>> No.11441850

>>11441826
>>11441609
>>11441555
>>11441530
And the lowest quality, least value, most insignificant, substanceless, most fearfully and cowardessly deflecting, ignoring and avoiding the points and topics and conversation, irrelevant posts of the thread award goes to.... (you)

>> No.11441881

>>11431307
interesting

>> No.11441952

>>11428167
RAPE