[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 164 KB, 800x800, 1522464117795.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11382340 No.11382340 [Reply] [Original]

Post your novel ideas. It's not like they're going anywhere.

>> No.11382364

human found other intelligent life in other planet and they have magic so it's human technology vs alien with magic

rate

>> No.11382390

>>11382364
so avatar?

>> No.11382398

>>11382390
plot twist it's a planet full with variety of intelligent life from across the galaxy fighting to become the next god

>> No.11382410

Five years after a Chinese takeover of the United States anarchist-artists found a startup art school designed to train a generation of students to fight the occupying government. But the art students think they are lame.

>> No.11382419

>>11382364
what separates technology from magic?

>> No.11382431

>>11382419
magic can bend physics law while technology cannot
people born in a planet with magic particle can control them somehow
but after discovering the magic particle technology can manipulate magic

>> No.11382463

>>11382431
Dumb
You have to be more rigerous if you want advanced technology and "magic" to exist in the same universe

>> No.11382477

>>11382463
yea idk yet how to make them good enough, any ideas?
it's not like im going to start writing it but it's fun to think about

>> No.11383258

>>11382340
I will post in these threads once you stop using Tapir image macros and start using something literature or philosophy related

>> No.11383917

>>11383258
But tapirbro is cress why you gotta be a downer

>> No.11383930

>>11383917
stop forcing the shitty tapir meme that literally no one thinks is funny you autist

>> No.11383953
File: 15 KB, 236x330, c20c176508472eb0d6014013bd22dd85.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11383930

Who said tapirs were funny they're trill

>> No.11384501

>>11382340
american pow escapes and is welcomed into the home of a Japanese family

>> No.11384575

>>11383258
shut your mouth, the tapir is a blessing

>> No.11384588

A young space pilot and wanna be casanova falls for his genius, tomboy copilot while fighting cosmic evil among the stars. The two sorta hate each other but are forced to put aside their differences and work together when they become stranded on a hostile planet. Eventually, they form a genuine partnership and hook up.

>> No.11384821

Okay, going to spam my concept again. Guy wants to impress his crush by enlisting and fighting in a war, but gets assigned to rear end duty instead. She's relieved to be rid of a stalker and encourages him to continue serving even as he is seemingly traumatised and progressively more unhinged (she thinks he's bullshitting as he's stationed far away from the frontline). Twist: the novel starts in 1941 and the male protagonist has joined the Einsatzgruppen.

>> No.11384842

Humanity develops time travel and so much time passes that it's so common place museums replace exhibits with time travel excursions. A person goes on one and gets separated and is lost in the middle of the Haitian Revolution

>> No.11384849

>>11384842
Why specifically Haitian Revolution? And is the "museums replace exhibits with time travel" idea actually necessary? That might be a good time travel/alternative history story, if you work on the plot, but I fail to figure out why so much present-time exposition is needed.

>> No.11384869

>>11382340
At the start of the apocalypse, a man tries to lead a group of survivors to safety by reluctantly posing as a prophet. Later it turns out to be the Biblical apocalypse and he is destined to become the Antichrist.

>> No.11384882

>>11382419
magic goes through a part of reality inaccessible to whoever it's working on so they can't extrapolate it's function from know laws in their manifold

>> No.11385016
File: 304 KB, 500x367, coffeetable book of coffeetables.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11382340

>> No.11385082

>>11382340
Dragons arguing

>> No.11385168

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

>> No.11385200

GRAVE VIOLATOR

Young 20 something medical student starts to experiment with his sexuality, his lack of female companionship drives him to turn to the World of the Dead

>> No.11385320

>>11385200
Read Child of God if you haven't

>> No.11385327

>>11384869
Interesting concept, would read past the blurb

>> No.11385329

>>11385168
This might make a good anime

>> No.11385336

>>11384869
This actually sounds neat, idk if that alone could male a good novel, but you might be onto something

>> No.11385716

>>11384869
Sounds okay. I'm not a fan of the antichrist angle, in fact it'd be more interesting to me if he was a more reluctant hero, and he's sort of destined to be a saviour

>> No.11385725

Humanity has spread amongst the stars, but FTL travel remains impossible, so instead people go into suspended animation and the ship reaches very near light speeds. So trade and connection between worlds is poor, and if you leave your planet before you even arrive at your destination your loved ones have probably died. Loneliness a major theme, as the protag is a PI who doesn't want someone to get away with murder by skipping town, so he leaves his world behind. Investigates the nature of justice, as if he brings someone to justice it's hundreds of years since the actual crime and the relatives of the victim have probably all died.

>> No.11385726

>>11382477
You write the truth. Magic is what predates science and science is the attempt to describe the effects and sell them to the unsuspecting masses.

>> No.11385751

>>11382340
Man lives his life full of regrets, but never does anything about it
>me

>> No.11385768

>>11385168
Sounds interesting

>> No.11385793

Novel with good recipes scattered around it, kinda like how Pynchon always fills his with song lyrics

>> No.11385798

>>11383930
Not that anon, but I like it. Not because I'd funny, but because tapirs are cute

>> No.11386423

>>11384842
I dig it

>> No.11386453

>>11382340
A noir detective travels around solving cases and engages in a gritty inner monologue, except he's 400 years into our future in a Feudal Post-Apocalypse society ruled by Aristocratic Nobility, who are answerable to a ruling body that controls the entire earth known as the Planetary Court.

Tech levels are generally restricted to pre-gunpowder based on legal and cultural demands of the people, except for Nobility, and breaking from what I view as the norm in similar works the ruling powers are not just corrupt and shameless bureaucrats.

>> No.11386501

>>11386453
>the ruling powers are not just corrupt and shameless bureaucrats
How do you mean? "They know best," that sort of thing?

>>11385793
Pretty sure I've seen something like this before, though I'm not sure where.

>>11385725
Do we get any of his cryodreams?

>>11385168
An interesting twist on the typical rom-com plot.

>>11385016
>>11385200
>>11385751
Gay

>> No.11386518

>>11386501
>How do you mean? "They know best," that sort of thing?
Well typically in film noir, the detective has to contend with corrupt police, and in my story I intend to take social or cultural cues from what I know about Edo period japan, which is infamous for, at least in many works of fiction I've enjoyed, featuring massive amounts of government corruption.

My intention was to give the Nobility a super strict moral code, something similar to Bushido where it expanded from a religious/cultural imperative and became a lifestyle, but based in western Christianity as a backbone rather than eastern Shinto, something exclusive to the Noble Families who are generally the only ones in possession of the higher levels of tech.

>> No.11386537

>>11386501
>Do we get any of his cryodreams?
I was thinking not, since that would kinda imply there's some metabolic activity so they'd end up ageing. But I did want some kind of effect from cryo, maybe memory loss or fogginess, hence why he writes it down so when he wakes up he can refresh his memory

>> No.11386540

>>11386537
>He writes it down
That could be interesting if there was a character he interacted with who read the journal and learned something they shouldn't have

>> No.11386556

>>11386540
Thanks for the ideas. At the moment it's just a loose collection of ideas, and I'm not totally set on the plot points. I was tossing up between the protag being a PI or some kind of historian/archivist, keeping log of worlds. But maybe the archivist can be another character who finds the journal because they're looking for information, and ends up in danger.

>> No.11386589
File: 44 KB, 500x583, 4BE36DA0-01A0-4CA2-90EA-CA8F655958DF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A Kentucky Bourbon distillers daughter is bitten by a vampire in 1890. A series of events cause her to sleep for 100 years.

I’m meeting with an editor this weekend to sip bourbon and go over the notes on how to trim the word count.

>> No.11386600

>>11386589
That sounds kinda terrible as far as premises go
Why not the bourbon distiller?

>> No.11386612

Modern American psycho based on my own life but names changed to protect the innocent

>> No.11386698

>>11386612
so he shitposts on 4chan for 40 years then dies alone choking on cup ramen?

>> No.11386901

>>11383258
I wanna kiss that long trunk nose right on the tip

>> No.11387409
File: 641 KB, 580x387, tapirbro.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11386901

Bless you kind sir

>> No.11387473

Aboard the retro-future ringworld of New Gettysburg, John Smith has a plan: kill Hitler. Together with a sentient velociraptor and his date, a busty gene-modded tittymonster named Fanny, he's heading backwards on a split-second trip through a thousand million years to the heart of the third Reich, but can his trusty wrist-mounted artificial intelligence guide his bumblefucking around in the right direction and have him home in time for zero-g hypersex before Fanny's soma wears off? Yes - but there's a problem.

Well, nobody said time travel was gonna be easy.

>> No.11387480

Post-Apocolypse Society collapses into itself because it uses slave labor and the slaves manage to overthrow their leaders.
Any similar books that can guide me into making this simple as fuck plot into an actually interesting and new novel?

>> No.11387490

>>11387480
Make it parallel Spartacus's revolt except as a counterfactual "what if he had succeeded?"

Bam, interesting and new.

>> No.11387507

>>11382340
My amorous recollections.

>> No.11387563

>>11386589
Just make her spend half of the book remembering her love interest, and later she finds out she is totally deformed by sleeping inside a barrel of bourbon, because somehow vampire power is not working.

>> No.11388692

>>11387473
>watches Danger 5 once

Seriously how old are you, and do you have autism?

>> No.11388707

A story of a monster living with his adopted father. His father suddenly dies and the monster's life snowballs into a wank stain.

>> No.11388736

>>11384588
i've never read anyhting like this before this is aboluetly groudnbreakign

>> No.11389080

A person is living a normal life until suddenly a figure comes and proposes an adventure to him. At first the hero denies the figure, but then events force the hero to agree to go on the adventure. There are some troubles that the hero must overcome and at first he struggles, but then eventually he gains the things he needs to overcome the barriers and he accomplishes his goal. Afterwards he returns to his normal life, but now he is changed.

What do you guys think?

>> No.11390024

>>11388692
>Danger 5
Never heard of it until I looked it up on Wikipedia right now but I assume you refer to the fact that both plots revolve around killing Hitler as a gag?

Are you retarded?

Killing Hitler has been a joke plot for ages.

>> No.11390027

>>11389080
How about

A person is living a normal life until suddenly events happen which place the person in a situation where he realises his potential to accomplish something extraordinary. In the pursuit of this potential he loses sight of his original self and becomes corrupted by power - he doesn't realise this until he's gone too far, and it all ends in tragedy.

>> No.11390066

>>11390024
>Bond themed with a secret agent and a woman helping him
>Dinosaurs
>lol so randum xD humour
Only difference is Danger 5 is good

>> No.11390075

>>11382340
Look at those tapirs man. I’m the one facing the other direction. They’re all distracted by some meaningless bullshit.

The lowland tapir is simultaneously enlightened (like myself) and unenlightened (like Stephen King) in that it can see what is behind it and know it beyond the scope of those facing it straight on, and how it still deprives itself of the experience of being in the vibrating skin of a beast of harmonies.

For my next micro novel I’ll be tackling subjects like war and time travel

>> No.11390137

You ever see a Malayan Tapir in person /lit/?
They're bigger than you would think.

>> No.11390155

>>11382340
lol that tapir wearin a diaper fuckin retard lmao

>> No.11390645

I'm writing a series of short stories based on actual people's lives, including transcripts made from recordings of phone and internet conversations. The people all have psychological problems that include hallucinations which I will accept as fact and bring to a logical conclusion. Each story will contain a clue to some unifying symbol, a connection to the actual method by which I was able to attain the information. I will then start a marketing campaign on twitter denouncing myself and my work, clearly indicating that this person has secertely blackmailed me into some sort of promise I can't talk about without being overcome with guilt and shame. It's going to be somewhat televised and streamed.

>> No.11390655

>>11386589
if she was a loli vampire you'd already have an anime by now

>> No.11390708

a monarch of a mighty kingdom is set to wed the queen of a rival, so that her territories and lands might be confederated into his. it is an important and vital diplomatic agreement for both peoples
the king, being wisest, understands that his bride to be has not the blood that is required of his future lineage, she is thin, short, swarthy, and her male relatives have a history of cowardice and frailty. he understands that the marriage is essential, but that a solution to this must be found.

he turns to his oldest and most trusted friend, as a captive lion is given a puppy at birth for companionship, so such brotherhoods are intentionally manufactured for young monarchs. he tells this friend of his plot, to sire a second son with a local simple girl, one with a noble heritage but unmemorable and insignificant. the old friend finds a suitable example, and goes to her in secret. he tells her that he carries a message from the gods, for her because the old stories of the heroic in her family that her parents told her were true, and that if she goes to her families barn at night, while telling no-one, she will find gold,the weight of a grown man. hesitant but excited, she slips away when night falls to the ordained place. she doesnt find money there, but the king waiting for her, in all regal glory, crown and crimson cloak and embroided noble cloth, with sternest yet kindest of expressions. he tells her of his plan, and that she is to be the mother to his child. she voices most ladylike concern, and asks if she has a choice. he tells her no, i dont think she minds.

9 months later and both children are born, the old friend of the king meets with the fair mother and takes the child, sneaking into the palace' crib and swapping the two children. the two grow old and the king is deeply concerned to see his fair son growing to be viceful and of evil nature, he is cruel to the lower, spiteful and keen to inflict but lacking in the errant bravery that is often the redeemer to such ailments, a dishonest and arrogant individual, ever lying and shirking from duty. pursuing pleasures of the flesh and abandoning his noble responsibilities. the king is vexed to see that such a man may one day inherit the crown. the king despairs that it is his own sin in deceiving his queen and the people that has caused the evil to grow within the prince. in the village, the girl now a mother has grown to love her child as if it were her own son, he is born ailed, and with a lame leg. he walks around with a stick to support him but all who know him cannot deny his virtue. his courage outmatched even the most able of his peers. achieving many heroic deeds, he had slain a great beast before reaching fullheight and older, he assembled a small levy of villagemen to drive out the bandits in his area. after achieving most pleasingly this goal he took his force to the neighboring towns and did cleanse their lands of villainy too. attracting quite the number with his charisma and might

>> No.11390715

>>11390708
it is at this moment that the old companion of the king is captured by an enemy force. the king worried that he will reveal the secret only he knows under torture decides to plan a reckless assault on his jail fortress. the fair prince is dispatched with a garrison to quell the potential uprising of the lame son, the unsanctioned peasant and mercenary army. once there and having surrounded him and his men he is shocked to see that his enemies have a greater love and trust in their leader than the royal soldiers do in the prince, initially angry at this, for a moment in seeing the lame ones eyes he feels the thorns of evil around his heart make weak their grip, and for a moment he is humbled. the lame one, pledges himself to the prince, to serve him in any way he sees fit. the prince asks that the lame one become his adviser and teach him how to be loved.

the siege on the fortress is costly but ultimately successful, the friend is rescued but in the escape the king is mortally wounded. he tells his friend to return to their homeland and to bestow upon whichever of his sons he deems fitest the title of heir. the friend returns and sees that the prince has learned humility and strength of heart and that he has become a worthy man. he gives him the role under the condition that the lame one remains his advisor. the prince repents his past sins and graciously accepts. such is the story of the current king, best and most wise of all, and why his lame legged advisor is constantly seen with him.

>> No.11390968
File: 344 KB, 1600x900, 02_01_slide_nature.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The human incarnations of Father Time and Death compete for the affection of Mother Earth so that they may have a child who they each believe for their own reasons will be the saviour of humanity.