[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 44 KB, 620x429, donald-trump-1762ddef25f29dc5.jpg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11366352 No.11366352 [Reply] [Original]

Would love any feedback

I can’t believe this bullshit, Lupe thought as she walked to class. She couldn’t wait to talk to Ricky about it. Lupe knew the newly elected president talked a lot of shit about things that needed to be changed about the country, but she never thought he would actually go through with any of it.
Lupe arrived at her classroom, opening the door to see Ricky, Ava, and Rebecca sitting at their unassigned-assigned seats at the rectangular table with Ricky at one side of it while Ava and Rebecca were on the other. She slammed her backpack on the ground as she took her empty seat next to Ricky.
Ricky reached out and placed his hand on her shoulder, “So, I’m guessing you heard about the new law then?”
“No shit,” Lupe reached up to put her hand on top of Ricky’s.
Ava chipped in, “What new law?”
Before Lupe could explain, Rebecca started, “Our president is demanding that all Mexicans living in the United States register themselves to the government. The aliens will be sent back to Mexico ASAP. The rest will have to wait and see if they get to stay here or get deported back to Mexico, regardless whether or not they were born in the United States.” She flipped her pin straight blond hair, “Good riddance.”
Ricky glared at Rebecca, “I will never understand why you chose to take this Race, Class, and Gender course if you’re such a goddamn racist.”
Widening her blue eyes in a ‘who, me?’ kind of way, Rebecca couldn’t keep the act

>> No.11366354

>>11366352
up for long before she started laughing; her eyes narrowing in their usual malicious glint.
Ava twirled a piece of her brown hair around her fingers, digesting the new law. “I wonder if Greg will show up to class today,” she abruptly asks. She took it upon herself to be the mediator of the class. Rebecca tended to shake up everyone with her highly problematic views, but Ava always managed to calm down the class by changing where the class discussion was going or asking the professor to clarify part of the reading for her.
“Why wouldn’t he show up?” Ricky questioned.
“Well, it’s the anniversary of his parent’s death.” Greg had recently shared to the class that this time of the year was always tough for him since his parents died in a burglary gone wrong back when he was ten. Their class size was small; there were only five of them. Because of this, they managed to share a lot about their lives to each other.
Rebecca scoffed, “He’s probably out celebrating right now.”
“How dare you say that,” Ricky snapped.
She simply shrugged, “He told me after class last time that the person who killed his parents was an alien from Mexico. With this new law passed, he’s probably joining those gangs who are out hunting for Mexicans right now.”
Before Lupe could ask about what gangs Rebecca mentioned, the door opened. Greg walked in; his green eyes didn’t have the usual warmth in them. He took his seat in between Ava and Rebecca. Ava grabbed his hand, “I’m sorry about your loss.”
Greg squeezed back, “Thank you, but I don’t want to talk about it.”
They all nodded. Lupe checked to her phone to see if there were any news updates, but instead, she saw an email from their professor, “The professor is stuck in

>> No.11366360

>>11366354
traffic, guys. He just sent an email out. He wants us to just chill until he gets here.”
Greg looked at Lupe, as if he was meeting her for the first time, “I heard about the new law. How’s your family doing?”
“I think we’re going to register ourselves tomorrow. My parents keep telling us that we have nothing to worry about. My mom believes that they are just going to deport anyone who has criminal records and stuff. No one in our family has even gotten a speeding ticket. She keeps telling us, ‘We are law-abiding people; why would they have something against us?’”
Rebecca barked out a laugh, “If you guys are law abiding people, then I’m a man-eating crab.”
Ricky muttered, “I wouldn’t be surprised if you had crabs.”
Lupe snorted while Rebecca glared at him, “You better watch yourself. They are going for the Mexicans for now. Soon, they will be going after Dominicans like you.”
He opened his mouth to say something, but Ava interjected, “Well, if you need anything, Lupe, you let us know, and we can help out the best way we can.”
The boys nodded, Greg taking a second longer to agree, while Rebecca inspected her nails. Lupe smiled softly, “Thanks guys, I really appreciate that.”
Ricky glanced at Ava, “How’s the job search going for your parents? Have they found anything yet?”
Ava shook her head, “Not yet. We should be ok money-wise for a couple more months, but things are getting tight.”
“Can I ask you something, Lupe?” Rebecca interjected.

>> No.11366378

>>11366360
The rest can be read here since I'm lazy
https://pastebin.com/DYsT5Cfe

>> No.11366388

>thought control re-education class is an elective
>identifying invisible, interchangeable characters by first name
Then Johnny said then Micky said then Lori said then Toni said then Ted said