[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 6 KB, 299x168, christianity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11351164 No.11351164[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

It seems that this website has a lot of people that like Christianity, but I've read been reading the Old Testament lately, and while I haven't finished it, the way they view God seems more realistic and less antrhmorphic. I grew up in a Christian culture but never really got into it but Judaism seems to have more agreeable things in it.

Judaism is not historically expansive in the last 2000 years unless if you consider gaza more expansive than the various muslim and christian conquests.

Judaism encourages education hence why there so many people in that religion like Einstein, Bohr, and Asimov. It encourages study of their text and culture as well as the real world, Christianity historically does not. The Catholic church killed people for saying that the Earth revolved around the sun

http://solar-center.stanford.edu/FAQ/Qsunasstar.html

In Christianity, the afterlife is a binary state of Heaven and Hell depending on the choices you made and whether you accepted Jesus, Catholics added in Purgatory later. Judaism views life as a way of fleshing us out as people, and almost everybody regardless of faith goes into heaven, but first they go into Sheol which is a hell like place where your soul is rinsed of its bad parts before its reunited with its source, this is actually what a lot of people see in Near Death Experiences, but they call Sheol "the void"

https://www.near-death.com/science/research/void.html

Jews tend to not convert to Christianity because they believe the Trinity violates the ten commandements, i.e. the fact that God is indivisible, Jews generally don't convert to Christianity unless if they have to and many throughout history decided to be persecuted rather than go against the ten commandments.

Christianity has co-opted a lot of pagan-like rituals even though that's against what the bible/Tanakh says in it. Traditions like the pope or Santa Claus have no place in the New Testament let alone the Old Testament

>> No.11351248
File: 45 KB, 1000x1000, BAIT.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11351164