[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 79 KB, 1280x720, momo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11254716 No.11254716 [Reply] [Original]

Does anyone else who's currently in school feel like they can't be arsed to read when classes are finished? I'm getting an English degree, and all the reading we do during the semesters seems to burn me out on the weekends and over the summer. Maybe this is just a problem with my willpower, but I remember reading a lot more in my free time before I got to school.

>> No.11255254

Find something you would enjoy reading, and read it.

>> No.11255335

you just found out that your career and hobby can't be the same

>> No.11255369

>>11254716
I have the opposite feeling, so some reason I get these big stretches where I can't be bothered to watch more movies (like a recharge period) but when I take a class on it I double and triple up my movie watching load. Though obviously movies take less time than books. The thing I fully study is history which involves constant non-fiction, but that doesn't deter me from fiction or off-topic non-fiction. That being said, I think give it time before really worrying about it.

>> No.11255528

>>11254716
It sounds like you should switch majors. The only good reason to major in Lit is because you're passionate about it, and you clearly are not. Don't become another dipshit lit undergrad who says they love literature but is clearly a lazy pseudo-intellectual.