[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 84 KB, 640x384, baudrillard-analysis-ceasefire.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11203588 No.11203588 [Reply] [Original]

>tfw he was right and the apocalypse already took place and both the real and the imaginary have come to an end

>> No.11203616

>>11203588
Reminder that the Gulf war did NOT happen

>> No.11203964
File: 82 KB, 400x473, descartes1b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bumping this thread with a question: baudrillard is a great marxist heretic and nietzsche acolyte, but he reminds me more of descartes sometimes.

>But it may be that although the senses sometimes deceive us concerning things which are hardly perceptible, or very far away, there are yet many others to be met with as to which we cannot reasonably have any doubt, although we recognize them by their means. For example, there is the fact that I am here, seated by the fire, attired in a dressing gown, having this paper in my hands and other similar matters. And how could I deny that these hands and this body are mine, were it not perhaps that I compare myself to certain persons, devoid of sense, whose cerebella are so troubled and clouded by the violent vapours of black bile, that they constantly assure us that they think they are kings when they are really quite poor, or that they are clothed in purple when they are really without covering, or who imagine that they have an earthenware head or are nothing but pumpkins or are made of glass. But they are mad, and I should not be any the less insane were I to follow examples so extravagant.

i'm a big baudrillard fan and i find his 'deconstruction'
>fucking kill me now
of marxist stuff w/r/t simulation very on point. he's an incredible writer. and when everything becomes simulation we trip into wonderland no doubt. but he makes me want to think more about descartes than anybody else.

just random thoughts i guess.

>> No.11204088

>>11203616
Bush was actually convinced we would be charged with war crimes for the highway of death, to the point he ordered a huge propaganda campaign to convince people the victims were themselves war criminals.

>> No.11204484

>>11203588
>both the real and the imaginary have come to an end
Nope. He overestimated here.

>> No.11204499

>>11203588
that's not swedenborg