[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 110 KB, 400x540, randycummings.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1119577 No.1119577 [Reply] [Original]

Has anyone read this shit yet,
Dude is the fuckin man

>> No.1119598

Look, be honest here. Are you some kind of paid book-publicist? Or are you the guy who wrote this book? Because this is a self-published first-time-novel by a 60+ year old white-haired ambulance chaser in Texas. NOBODY ON EARTH HAS HEARD OF THIS BOOK OR WANTS TO READ IT. In other words, you are spamming /lit/ in an attempt to drum up readership for something that's just NOT GONNA HAPPEN. I am calling on you to defend yourself, or explain where in the hell you heard about a "book" that has NO publicity, NO apparent literary merit, and NO readership. But the fact that the author has set up sites on Facebook and MySpace and whatever in the hopes that he'll promote his book suggests that either (a) you are the author, or (b) you are a paid shill for this author. Either way, get the fuck off my /lit/.

>The author lives and works in San Antonio, Texas, where he has been a successful personal injury trial lawyer for over 35 years. He is a happy bachelor and has four beautiful daughters who are grown and who are scattered all over the United States and the world. He is also a real estate investor and, of course, a novelist. The August of Randy Cummings is his first published novel and... it is not an autobiography!

>> No.1119612

>There are numerous reasons for self-publishing, but primary among those reasons is the fact that self-publishing gives the author absolute control over the content of the work while at the same time allowing the author to reap a fair portion of the financial rewards

>The August of Randy Cummings is not the first novel I have written, but it is the first one I have chosen to publish

>As plainly as I can say it, I am asking those of you who receive an email about this book or who visit my website, to purchase the book.

>> No.1119619
File: 2 KB, 90x90, 00000272.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

God, that cover is terrible. Shit font choices, terrible tagline, lazy photoshop filter job.

Uuuuugh

>> No.1119622

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahghahhahahhaahgahgahgahgha

>> No.1119630

>>1119598

Guy also admits to utilising viral marketing on the site. SMOOTH.

>> No.1119652

>>1119577
i think that this post was made in jest guys

>> No.1119666

>>1119619
IF ITS NOT HELVETICA I DONT WANT TO READ IT