[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2 KB, 270x187, images.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11026773 No.11026773 [Reply] [Original]

I haven't felt angry in almost two years. Whenever people feel I should feel angry I just don't. When people treat me like shit I feel sad that this is how they need to feel to interact with me, and assume that they have a valid reason. I got rejected by a girl I love more than anything two weeks ago who uses me as a security blanket so she doesn't have to be alone in between hooking up with random dudes. I'm not even mad at her.

Books for feeling like your missing out on the greater emotional spectrum?

>> No.11026788

>a girl I love more than anything
>"help I'm missing out on the greater emotional spectrum"
Really makes you think.
Just because anger isn't your natural response to things doesn't mean you're emotionally dead.
t. anger-isn't-my-natural-response-to-things-and-I'm-not-emotionally-dead anon

>> No.11026789

Anger is for those who are lost in their individuality.
>Sueña el rey que es rey, y vive
con este engaño mandando,
disponiendo y gobernando;
y este aplauso, que recibe
prestado, en el viento escribe,
y en cenizas le convierte
la muerte, ¡desdicha fuerte!
¿Que hay quien intente reinar,
viendo que ha de despertar
en el sueño de la muerte?
Sueña el rico en su riqueza,
que más cuidados le ofrece;
sueña el pobre que padece
su miseria y su pobreza;
sueña el que a medrar empieza,
sueña el que afana y pretende,
sueña el que agravia y ofende,
y en el mundo, en conclusión,
todos sueñan lo que son,
aunque ninguno lo entiende.

Yo sueño que estoy aquí
destas prisiones cargado,
y soñé que en otro estado
más lisonjero me vi.
¿Qué es la vida? Un frenesí.
¿Qué es la vida? Una ilusión,
una sombra, una ficción,
y el mayor bien es pequeño:
que toda la vida es sueño,
y los sueños, sueños son.

>> No.11026799

>>11026789
Failed miserably on the green text, sorry. You should La Vida es Sueno

>> No.11026802

>>11026773
I'm like you I'm more desperate than angry. Read Thoreau ?

>> No.11026809

You're not missing out on anything good. Just be yourself

>> No.11026826

>>11026789
>Anger is for those who are lost in their individuality
Elaborate

>> No.11026842

>>11026788
Sorry, those I'm surrounded by have been commenting on it more recently. My roommates have been mentioning it almost daily. I reread my post and it does sound melodramatic.
Still though, I would appreciate literature that either explores characters who seem to lack basic feelings or the reverse, explorations of all the shades of an emotion or feeling.
>>11026802
Should I start with Walden? It's the only work of his I've heard of.
>>11026809
My parents are the only set in my friend group throughout life who stayed together, and although I'm glad they did, it doesn't stop me from trying to understand what that experience wold be like.
>>11026789
>>11026826
Please do

>> No.11026848

>>11026773
You are a beta. No book can fix this

>> No.11026870

>>11026773
doormat soul, you’re lucky we’re not a precocious culture anymore, you’d end up dead in a mine shaft or a trench otherwise

>> No.11026915

>>11026826
>Those who see all creatures in themselves and themselves in all creatures know no fear. Those who see all creatures in themselves and themselves in all creatures know no grief. How can the multiplicity delude the one who sees its unity?
Life is but a dream; those who see
the unity beyond the veil of maya will never perpetuate on this feeling which but demands its own way.

>> No.11026922

>>11026915
https://youtu.be/5_09IAg12q8
good song lol

>> No.11026929

>>11026922
I guess the accurate translation in english is web of maya

>> No.11026933

>>11026773
I envy you. I get enraged several times a day.

>> No.11026944

>>11026773
'A Guide To Rational Living'
If you really want to clean up your psyche and thus your life you can just read up on the great clinical psychologists of the 20th century. Carl Rogers, Jung, Alfred Adler, Viktor Frankel, Alber Ellis etc.

>> No.11026947

>>11026773
I used to be like this. People would insult me and I genuinely wouldn't care (I wouldn't even think something like "they're just insults", I just didn't feel anything). People would punch me and I would smile and punch them back, but without feeling angry. This eventually started changing when I started taking life more seriously. I still don't get angry like an average person, but I do get angry when someone betrays me, or when there is something I can't change no matter how much I try (for example trying to fix my fucked up family). You're probably a vert different case though.

>> No.11027269

>>11026947
I'm also not comfortable with stuff I can't change(and I think about those things a lot) but I can't myself to be mad at it. Whenever something happens it's more of a "...huh" reaction.