[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 101 KB, 1280x693, 64-Red-Room-Empty.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11020850 No.11020850 [Reply] [Original]

so i wrote a novel but i realized it was just a thinly veiled autobiography. to remedy this i began heavy edits that made it more akin to magical realism. it started off as subtle textures that i thought would be cool to play with like time, dreams, state of minds, and whatnot, but now i fear i've written myself into some stephen king-esque corner. you see before the plot wasn't reliant on those magical aspects but now it is and i'm really confused as to what type of book i'm writing. it's not sci-fi and it's not fantasy, it's mystery/horror i guess? but not really scary. it's like i'm just borrowing their aesthetic without committing to being scary or solving the mystery. are there any other books like this that rise above being just airport material?

>> No.11020858

yawn

>> No.11021075
File: 130 KB, 1024x768, Dante_Alighieri_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>just a thinly veiled autobiography. to remedy this i began heavy edits that made it more akin to magical realism.
thats how all serious litterature works desu