[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.98 MB, 355x363, 1282745737033.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1096702 No.1096702 [Reply] [Original]

hey doing an IMPORTANT job application,
i was hoping u guys could critique my 150 written word summary they requested before i submit it:

I have applied for this apprenticeship because it is a great opportunity to build a rewarding long term career in a highly valuable trade within a respectable company. This apprenticeship would help satisfy my mechanical curiosity.
I am currently studying at Curtin University of Technology and I am enrolled in a "Bachelors Degree of Multidisciplinary Science", i plan to complete all the units (higher level Maths and Physics) i need to successfully transfer into a "Bachelors Degree of Mechanical Engineering", but I am finding it hard to study with such minimal income at the age of 21, so I am now seeking a relevant trade qualification to help me build finacial support and to broaden my mechanical knowledge. I am willing to defer my current enrollment at university for this position, until completion of the apprenticeship, where after i would like to continue work as a mechanical fitter whilst studying part time (correspondence if needed).
I think that a qualified mechanical fitter with a mechanical engineering degree would prove to be a great asset to this company.

>> No.1096704

It's shit, start over.

>> No.1096719

Capitalize your I's and what not. Run the entire thing through Microsoft word and fix the grammar/spelling.

Lines like these just sound silly.

>but I am finding it hard to study with such minimal income at the age of 21
>This apprenticeship would help satisfy my mechanical curiosity.