[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 226 KB, 1024x1024, 1518228165530.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10962770 No.10962770 [Reply] [Original]

>> No.10962774

?

>> No.10962780

!

>> No.10962787

~

>> No.10962790

>>10962770
The person who made that, if serious, is pretty “blind”. The Bible becomes a much more serious, sensible, meaningful and beautiful text in the light of the Western esoteric tradition. There are certain “keys” which have been hidden through the Western esoteric tradition which are really just scattered versions of the esoteric wisdom to be found in the Bible.

Protip: learn to read “psychologically”, as Ouspensky said. Things which seem literal or mythological are referring to the human psyche and meant to be read in the light of different entities representing different parts of the psyche, and various processes representing various processes which must go on in the psyche, or do go on. Can post more if people are interested.

>> No.10962792

>>10962790
Please do anon.

>> No.10962793

>>10962790
ya blew it

And yes OP's image makes no sense

>> No.10962794
File: 48 KB, 215x243, gdsagdafa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10962790
>esotericism

>> No.10962797
File: 45 KB, 640x278, kierkeorgasm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10962770

>> No.10962817

>>10962790
>>10962790
So let's talk about the serpent and knowledge of God and evil.
Are all religion just a guestring at the grandicity of lief? Do you have the answers I seak or must I go down the lonely lonely long road?

>> No.10962829

>>10962792
Jesus curses the fig tree because it bears no fruit. Henceforth, it won’t bear fruit anymore, because it failed to bear fruit.

To he who hath shall be given, and to he who hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. (Common, I think, in one form or another to the 3 synoptic Gospels)

Saying of Christ in the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas: “If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”

Christ to Nicodemus in the Gospel of John: A man must be born again. Must be born of water and the spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but spirit gives birth to spirit.

A subtle body must be formed in us through certain practices, this subtle body capable of outlasting the death of the physical body.

>> No.10962852

>>10962792
The blind cannot lead the blind, or they will both fall into a ditch. Jesus raises Lazarus from the dead. Jesus dies and is resurrected. Jesus tells us not to sleep but to awaken, to “watch”. His disciples sleep as he is praying in the Garden of Gethsemane, despite that he tells them to awaken. Christ says, Let the dead bury their dead. Christ says, quoting Isaiah, He talks to them (the masses) in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear. Christ heals the blind, the sick, the lame, and lepers.

We are “blind”. We are “dead”. We are “lame”. We are “lepers”. We are “asleep”. Most people are “blind”, “dead”, or “asleep”. They are mechanical, soulless, unaware of what they do.

Why do you think Christ said people would persecute those who taught what he said? People don’t want to hear that they are mechanical, sleeping, and don’t act consciously of their own volition.

>> No.10962859

>>10962817
A talking snake...!?

>> No.10962873

>>10962792
“Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do.” Evil people are really just “sleeping”. They don’t know what they’re doing, they’re mechanical, unconscious, thoughtless, without much volition. Christianity in its esoteric core is about developing our volition from the sleeping state of the majority of humanity to a greater, actual awakened state. This is why Christ says to love everyone: when you realize people are mostly mechanical, you will have love and compassion for their mechanicalness and their suffering.

>> No.10962877

>>10962790
>Protip: learn to read “psychologically”

Jordan Peterson was a mistake

>> No.10962893

>>10962877
I don’t care for Peterson, he knows nothing. I was referring to Ouspensky, an esotericist who wrote about 100 years ago. I’m not referring to Jung either and his archetypes. Try to stretch your mind a little. Ancient people want to tell people certain offensive things about their psyche — that they are mechanical and must be developed to be more conscious. How to put it so as not too offend people too much, and so its meaning survives for potential later generations who can understand and aren’t erased by their offended contemporaries or the nuances lost in translation?

Through images, parables, allegories. An image can better survive translation and different cultural contexts than exact literal words can.

>> No.10962909

>>10962877
>>10962893
For instance, Christ says that a man should watch his house and stay awake during the night lest the thief come and plunder all his goods. The house represents the self. The thief is death. The goods are all everything/much of what we take as our “self” — all our lives and hatters and opinions etc. If we could be “awake” and “watch over our “house”” (observe ourselves, as in Buddhist mindfulness traditions — a house represents the self in the Gospels typically), then death wouldn’t destroy our artificial personalities utterly. Some consciousness would survive, developed during our life through such practices.

Efficient way to put it, isn’t it? Watch your house during the night and stay awake lest the thief comes and takes all your goods — such an image can survive thousands of years, doesn’t seem too offensive.

>> No.10962913

>>10962893
I think you're talking a lot of nonsense so I'm not interested. I generally ignore anyone who tells me to "expand my mind."

>> No.10962940

>>10962893
>>10962909
Not that anon but you are stuck at a lower rung of esoteric parsing if you remain within the physiological purview alone. There is no faith to be found there. Just reflexive mental games.

That isn't to say that a psychological reading can't prove insightful or fruitful, but that alone is reductive to the point of blinding.

>> No.10962945

>>10962913
>I think you're talking a lot of nonsense so I'm not interested.
He's not talking nonsense; you're wrong there.
He's just missing the forest for the tress.

>> No.10962997

>>10962940
>>10962945
Give me your readings then.

>> No.10963030

>>10962913 #
I’m not speaking like a hippie. I’m not saying “Take some acid, chill out, smoke a blunt and just expand your mind maaaaan!” I explicitly said that I meant “psychologically” in the sense that a person named Ouspensky meant. You, because of your mechanically formed associative consciousness (not your only one, but the one you were and are likely still using), responded “Jordan Peterson was a mistake” because of all the associations you have of Jordan Peterson from this board, when I was not talking about Peterson whatsoever. When I said “try to stretch your mind a little”, I meant not to think with your mechanical associations which for the most part will likely have no relation to what I am talking about

>> No.10963041

>>10963030
Stop (you)ing me. I'm not even reading your posts.

>> No.10963043

>>10963041
Ok. Have a great day.

>> No.10963063

>>10962997
That would hinder more than help. I think that it is vitally important that you raise your entelechy through the steady growth of sensibility on your part. Listen to yourself, first and foremost. I know this might seem like a cop out answer to a fair request that you've put forward, but there's a lot of consideration behind it where your path and spirit is concerned. I am saying this in deference to you, not dismissal.

Now I am of the opinion that whilst you aren't wrong with your reading, there are levels left for you to understand. As there are for me, no doubt. You might find in time that this proved quite true, or you might not. Either way I have hopefully put forward just enough suggestion to keep that potentiality open.

>> No.10963078

>>10963063
You’re definitely right, especially in that it is silly to talk about it (the reading I put forth) on a public online forum anyway. So I will probably forthwith stop posting about it.

If anyone is interested in what I wrote, they can find what I’m speaking about in Gurdjieff and Ouspensky, but not in so clear a form with regards to its relation to the Bible.

>> No.10963124

>>10962770
The image is showing a woman with two facial emotions. One of boredom and another of interest. She views the Holy Bible as boring and dry but the works of esotericism as intriguing.

She's part of those who do not yet possess the truth. In other words, she's deceived like the billions of people on earth. Jesus said, "“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many." (Matt 7:13) At its very core, esotericism deceives a person by believing that man is a "god" or that man can achieve "god-like" status through his will alone. It's the same lie that was told to Eve in the Garden of Eden. See Genesis 3:3-5 (ESV):

>but God said, ‘You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the midst of the garden, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.’”
>4 But the serpent said to the woman, “You will not surely die.
>5 For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

Keep in mind that Adam and Eve already walked with Yahweh (GOD) in the garden and talked just like regular people. They were already part of the "elohim". But man and woman, in their vanity, go astray from GOD and search out for other ways to find peace and comfort. People today still do the same. Not knowing that peace everlasting comes through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. It is written in Isaish 9:6 (ESV): "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

If you're one of those people who believe the Bible is just a piece of "Buddhist truths" in a "religious context" or if the Bible just contains "nuggets of wisdom", then you need to expand your worldview in the context of good and evil. There's real SPIRITUAL evil in the world . It manifests itself through ghosts, demons, and overall wickedness. The fact that all evil stops and ceases to be when one calls upon Christ, recites a Psalm, or prays, gives testament to the power of the Holy Bible. Do your research and you will find the truth. The Bible doesn't just validate itself but there are many other peripheral topics which confirm it's authenticity.

>Matthew 7:7-11 (ESV)
>7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
>8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
>9 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone?
>10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent?
>11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

>> No.10963130
File: 99 KB, 645x729, 1517013728303.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10963136
File: 84 KB, 645x729, 1517013792864.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10963140
File: 85 KB, 645x729, 1517013857774.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10963145
File: 180 KB, 645x729, 1517013978267.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10963149
File: 152 KB, 645x729, 1517014057201.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10963153
File: 214 KB, 645x729, 1517014122691.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10963161
File: 109 KB, 645x729, 1517013595817.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10963178

>>10963124
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? (John 10:34)

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. (Matthew 5:48).

But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For ye shut up the Kingdom of Heaven against men, for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. (Matthew 23:13)

You are like the Pharisee Christ spoke of: you don’t understand what he’s teaching, are not yourself capable of understanding the Kingdom of Heaven, but you also prevent others from getting in with your laughably misguided and overly literal intepretation.

>> No.10963181

>>10963041
you guys really are robots.

>> No.10963184

>>10962790
This guy knows what's up

>> No.10963185

>>10962790

>ouspensky
From natural balance to unnatural chaos. I'll get into it later

>> No.10963189

>>10963124
Muslim here. Good post.

>> No.10963220

>>10963178
Misguided and overly literal interpretation? Says the guy taking John 10:34 at face value. John 10:34 is referencing Psalm 82:1,6,7. Yahweh has a divine counsel in which he condemns some of its members for their transgressions in Genesis 6:4.

>4. The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.

You have to realize that the Lord had a huge problem with not just humans, but some of his heavenly angels as well. They rebelled against the Lord and as the Psalm states, "nevertheless, like men you shall die." If Yahweh was talking to another man, why would he say, "like men you shall die?" That's because he isn't talking to man but again, to some members of the divine counsel who transgressed against his law. The Book of Enoch, while not a canonical work, explains this idea a bit further in detail. These are the fallen angels everyone talks about. Again, read further into the scriptures. Everything ties well together but don't be arrogant in your search. Just seek the truth and you will find it.

>> No.10963275
File: 6 KB, 250x250, 1522527257513.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10963220
spooked

>> No.10963279

>>10963189
When the Quran and the Sufic traditions have such a beautiful esoteric thread running through them? In all actuality, it hurts me to offend people’s pious beliefs. Anyway, I’m going to go ahead and offer my interpretations anyway:

We have put yokes
Round their necks
Right up to their chins,
So that their heads are
Forced up (and they cannot see).

And We have put
A bar in front of them
And a bar behind them,
And further, We have
Covered them up; so that
They cannot see.

[...]

Verily We shall give life
To the dead...

From Surah Ya-Sin. Same basic idea of blinded people, of resurrecting us from our state of psychological death. I have not read so much of the Quran and probably should, however. And while most more orthodox Muslims look on the Sufis suspiciously, I think, as heretical pantheists/mystics, there’s certainly much in their teachings saying the same things.

>> No.10963330

>>10963279>>10963189
The greater jihad, as Muhammad said, is the fight against ourself. We have an artificial mechanical associative consciousness as if grafted onto us. This self is primarily mechanical, is as if blinded, can only think, feel, and act in the narrow circle of associations and what it’s perceived throughout life, all its social conditioning. This self is what the Muslims and Sufis in particular call the nafs e ammara (“the commanding self”) and must be subordinated. To subordinate this self, all this war imagery, is both like what Christ meant when he said we must become like little children (primordial innocent state when we do not have so much social conditioning) and when he said he came not to bring peace but a sword (inner strife, inner struggle, the pain of awakening). And turning everyone in a household against each other — as I said before, the house represents the self in the Gospels. Different parts of our self (more mechanical parts and more conscious parts) will begin to truly fight once we really begin to absorb the essence of the esoteric teachings.

>> No.10963382

>>10963189
There is a saying attributed to the Prophet ﷺ. "Man 'arafa nafsahu fa-qad 'arafa rabbahu", i.e. “the one who knows his nafs (soul or self), knows his Lord". The Kingdom of Heaven is within. Through self-observation, through consciously paying attention to all we do and the mechanical reactions of our body, emotions, and thoughts, we come closer to the consciousness of God.

“And We are closer to man than his jugular vein.” It’s so obvious yet so difficult to get — similar to Zen exhortations that all you need is in yourself, that enlightenment is already there. Where is “it”? What is the great truth? That all you need to do is observe yourself, to watch what this “self” of yours is doing as much as possible, to see all its reactions.

A Mulla Nasrudin (Sufi hero/trickster figure) joke: Mulla Nasrudin is riding through town very quick on his donkey. “Where are you going in such a rush, Mulla?” the town asks him. “I’m looking,” he says, “for my donkey.” He’s looking for what’s right under his nose. We look for enlightenment outside of us instead of realizing that the thing we’re using to look, the thing we’re “riding” — this body, these emotions and thoughts — is right there. We can get enlightened by impartially observing and detaching from the mechanical reactions of our “self”.

>> No.10963388

Preface: ouspensky is trash on the level of blavatsky or gurdjieff. amen.

>>10962829
>>10962852
>>10962873
>>10962893
>>10962909
Your analysis of parables is correct, imo. In fact I came to the same conclusions myself after reading Jung and rereading the NT: it conains images and harsh truths. Lessons which must be delicately put, but put they must be if others are to hear the word. But your wisdom has a fatal flaw, and another anon has already pointed it out. Yours is only a surface read. That is, it's actually /worse/ than the laity who have heard these stories ten thousand times and understand them "kinda." I will tell you why. You hear, but you're not listening. Read 2 Corinthians 5:13 to 5:21.
http://biblehub.com/2_corinthians/5-13.htm

>If we are "out of our mind," as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.
(You) are neither. You are "for God" as far as exposing the truth of the message, but for your own ends. To feel good and smart. Not because you do it in "your right mind," for others.

14-19
>For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
>And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
>So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.
>Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
>All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
>that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.
(You) have forgotten about the yoke you have been set to pull. Merely hearing the word and understanding is not enough. You must transform to be like Christ. Be as selfless and loving as you can. This is not cultish hogwash attached to a coded message. It is the kingdom of heaven itself.

>>10963124
heretical Christian mystic here. Good post.

>> No.10963400

Except for that "Jesus wants you to make a new subtle body" shit. That's (You) creating a new goalpost because you reject the one that is written. Please be intellectually honest with yourself, and keep reading theology and studying the books. You'll get there.

>> No.10963429

>>10963130
>>10963136
>>10963140
>>10963145
>>10963149
>>10963153
>>10963161
wat?

>> No.10963437

>>10963388
>You are "for God" as far as exposing the truth of the message, but for your own ends. To feel good and smart. Not because you do it in "your right mind," for others.
On the contrary. I would be overjoyed if people learned from this and am telling it from compassion. Why would I tell people on an anonymous imageboard such stuff if not because I don’t want others to learn? I’m not getting a better reputation or any money for this, it’s anonymous. And I of course am somewhat incurring “embarrassment” and others’ anger by telling all this, giving these interpretations.

All in all, enough with the character assassinations. It’s irrelevant to what I’m saying. Even if I were a douchebag, I’d still be saying some pretty important stuff, in my opinion.

>> No.10963438
File: 141 KB, 1000x1091, c30.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>all these heretics

Forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do.

God came to save all men my friends, not just the ones with the time and intellect to "acquire gnosos"

>> No.10963448

>>10963400
He explicitly says we must be born again, and what is born of flesh is flesh and what is born of spirit is spirit. As I’ve said a few times in this thread, the house represents the self in the Gospels, typically. House built on his teachings will survive a storm — house built on sand will not. Also gardening and tree imagery is constant in the Gospels — the soul/a new consciousness is like a fruit which must be grown. It may not be so literal, it may merely mean a transformation of the psyche such that it may live more consciously and self-awarely after death.

>> No.10963459

>Meaningful religious and spiritual tradition vs. new age junk.
What's the point of this image?

>> No.10963490

>>10963438
It is known. All roads lead back to God, anon. Every mortal is a sinner, and even among the baptized not all of us were properly instructed. Small is the gate and narrow is the road, yes, but all may be forgiven. Even those satans who rejected Christ.

>Romans 11:32
>For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

>Catechism of the Catholic Church
>848 "Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."338

>1274 The Holy Spirit has marked us with the seal of the Lord ("Dominicus character") "for the day of redemption."86 "Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life."87 The faithful Christian who has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith,"88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

>> No.10963499

>>10963448
>implying hearing and understanding the word, accepting baptism, and discarding your old behavior to live a life following Christ is not a rebirth

>> No.10963516

>>10963437
>Why would I tell people on an anonymous imageboard such stuff if not because I don’t want others to learn?
Because you think you are learned, when you are not. Like I said: it makes you feel good. Sorry I didn't couch it in a subtle parable. You're doing good work reading the bible, but your conclusions are tainted by the ideas of 19th century swindlers and charlatans. Why is that?

>> No.10963517

>>10963499
I will pray for you, I am very sad for you.

>> No.10963524

>>10963516
I don’t care. Do you think I’m such a weakling a few sentences will shake my entire worldview? I haven’t built this out of thin air. I don’t care about being learned, I’ve only read a few texts but I’ve read them closely. I don’t get the point of your posts at all and where all your malice is coming from. It seems emblematic or some insecurity, resentment, or (yes, that beloved word) projection of something. Again, enough with the character assassination. It’s petty, inane, meaningless, and I quite sincerely have no idea what you are talking about.

>> No.10963541
File: 31 KB, 960x600, 8a82fd1aa9c0b5a7e93d1e50cee87871.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10963517
Do you even believe in prayer?

>>10963524
>character assassination
Take it easy, friendo. Am I wrong? Does it not make you feel good to spread your version of the word? Don't fib at me bud. Tell the truth.

And I was sincerely asking why you've involved Ouspensky in reading the Bible. He's a brainlet.

>> No.10963554

>>10963541
1. I believe in prayer if it is consciously done with one’s entire being and unegoistically.

2. Yup, this makes me feel pretty good. Otherwise why would I do it?

3. I find it funny that you agree with my readings when I took them straight from Gurdjieff (I guess Ouspensky himself wasn’t a great luminary though, I basically like him for expositing Gurdjieff’s system clearly).

>> No.10963567

>>10962770
shut up and give more books in the same vein

>> No.10963580

>>10962770
god she is beautiful I wish she would look at an asian dick in the first picture then my big thick veiny white cock int he second

>> No.10963590

>>10963554
>I believe in prayer if it is consciously done with one’s entire being and unegoistically.
Does the nagging feeling that you are not practicing according to Catholic doctrine bother you? Do you consider yourself a Christian mystic? Do you think you have a sincere enough faith and philosophical background to make that claim?

>I find it funny that you agree with my readings when I took them straight from Gurdjieff
And sure, I generally agree with the metaphorical read of the parables that you gave. And I disagreed with others, specifically your Jesus-wants-us-to-empower-our-subtle-body nonsense. I had a similar understanding of those passages and others on my own ten years ago. But I've recognized since then it's just a surface read. Faith is not a dialectic with God. It is the humbling of the self and putting one's confidence in the philosophical assumption that a first principle not only exists but is fecund and represents highest love.

Basically my criticism is this: isn't that ego of yours getting in the way? Your understanding conflicts with Scripture (subtle body example), and your quoting Scripture out of context in this thread has proved you don't have a sufficient grasp to be teaching anyone anyway. Like the book says: keep asking.

>> No.10963593

Anyone read through "Cloud of Unknowing" yet?

I picked up a copy years ago and read through the introduction, but got distracted before digging into the actual text. Worth the time?

>> No.10963602

>>10963590
>Does the nagging feeling that you are not practicing according to Catholic doctrine bother you?
Nope.

>Do you consider yourself a Christian mystic?
Not really.

>Do you think you have a sincere enough faith and philosophical background to make that claim?
Now you either ask me to brag about my faith or denigrate myself. I won’t do either, and I’ll do that by not responding.

>And I disagreed with others, specifically your Jesus-wants-us-to-empower-our-subtle-body nonsense.
Fair enough. I think it can be related to Hermetic descriptions of being born again and going out into an immortal body/immortality as something to be gained — to the Taoist idea of practices which can help us form an immortal diamond body — to Western alchemical mysticism, transmuting lead to gold — Buddhist traditions like the Tibetan Buddhist of the formation of the rainbow body — and to Gurdjieff’s teaching, which seemingly drew from these and other traditions.

>isn't that ego of yours getting in the way?
If it’s getting in the way, everyone can feel free to ignore it and simply consider the ideas I’m talking about.

>> No.10963609
File: 16 KB, 260x326, 41B9EkcayxL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10962893
>I don’t care for Peterson, he knows nothing

>> No.10963632

>>10963602
>If it’s getting in the way, everyone can feel free to ignore it and simply consider the ideas I’m talking about.
But you see that is the problem. Because while they appear to be innocent reinterpretations, they do not possess a competent understanding of Scripture or understand the responsibility of being in Christ because the "instructor" has rejected that portion of the original text for some reason. Probably because subtle bodies and hermeticism are cooler. This in itself is not a problem with me. People stray all the time, as Romans 11:32 attests, and God is merciful. I'm not worried about them ot you. But it is that someone's ego (yours) is what is tempting others to stray that bothers me. That's all. It's the blind leading the blind into a pit, if you will. But like I said. All roads lead to God. All of the suffering that occurs must be necessary; the philosophical problem of evil is not really a problem.

>I think it can be related to Hermetic descriptions of being born again and going out
Sure, or the universal human tendency towards mystery. Shamans and the search for transcendence have existed in every culture we know. Why not this one.

>> No.10963640

>>10963609
Being a published author used to be an achievement. Now, it's just a meme, since literally anybody can have anything published.

>> No.10963692
File: 55 KB, 600x481, 7 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10962774
>>10962780

great reference

>> No.10963720

>>10962770
ITT: agreeable cattle argue with each other over the blood god and what it wants from them. some think its internal vodoo, others supplication and submission. Both are reprehensible and deny the Will

>> No.10963727

Anyone here done Vipassana?

>> No.10963737

>>10963720
ITT: no citations of the blood god's existence or any knowledge of its mind.

>> No.10963739

>>10963640
So you haven't read his ideas yet feel qualified to judge them? Gotcha, I do the same with Marx

>> No.10963756

>>10962774
>>10962780
Les Miserables is my favorite book

>> No.10963777
File: 58 KB, 500x500, ruddinlove.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10962770
fixed.

>> No.10963779

>>10963737
>citations
no christian has ever cited any proof of Christ’s divinity besides hearsay documentation from decades after his death. Your Church raped boys systematically and kills people, causes wars, and spies on people. The prot institutes steal wealth and run scams and also sexually abuse young people. You drink his blood and eat his flesh, you mortify your bodies and do penance to him and hope he reaps your souls. There is my evidence, also the imagery of the church is all mystery babylon crap

>> No.10963784

>>10963739
Not him, but people who have read "Maps" have posted here and critiqued it on multiple occasions.

>> No.10963815
File: 402 KB, 1631x1176, no_proof.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10963779
>no christian has ever cited any proof of Christ’s divinity
You're right. There is no proof. There is only faith.

>> No.10963825
File: 57 KB, 645x729, 1520823145973.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10963784
>if I read a critique it means i can pan the author because I've been intimately familiarized with exactly what the author thought

>> No.10963829

>>10963815
I'll probably be reading that Proclus book pretty soon.

He had a commentary on Euclid's Elements too I'm gonna check out

>> No.10963831

>>10963815
>you have no proof our magic thought-form which caused a church to rape kids and kill millions of people is a blood god from demonological cults from the middle east and greece even tho it resembles all these blood cults
>oh but you have to take it on faith this is the one true god and if the priest rapes your son it doesn’t matter at all
ok

>> No.10963834

>>10963815
So why believe

>> No.10963840

>>10963834
That is a very profound question I'll have to think about.

>> No.10963847

also are we just gonna ignore that emily rudd falling in love with a bible got the holy trips or what

>> No.10963853

>>10963825
I didn't imply that, and I'm not the guy you originally responded to. Just wanted to point out that there's not a lack of people who have read his work and don't agree.

>> No.10963854
File: 37 KB, 500x492, hahaha.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10963831
>god is a tulpa

>> No.10963861

>>10963854
that’s not what a Tulpa is anon. More time in books, less time getting information from barely sentient fat irish-germanic engineering students on the meme magic board (isn’t it funny how they stopped saying that?)

>> No.10963863

>>10963834
>>10963840
Edit: I should say, I believe because I have been convinced. But the larger question of "why have faith at all" is a stumper. I'll hazard a guess and say probably because I'd be giving up something precious I don't know if I could have back. Hell I don't know if I can stop believing.

>> No.10963872

>>10963863
If there is no proof as you said, how could you be convinced?

>> No.10963889

>>10963872
Do you need proof to be convinced the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl?

>> No.10963895

>>10963889
I would need proof the Patriots are god incarnate. Failing that I would continue to not believe they are.

>> No.10963896

>>10963863
>edit
GET OFF THIS SITE YOU FUCKING REDDIT FAGGOT NIGGER SPIC KIKE FUCK OFF YOU FUCKIN CUNT FUCK YOU FUCK YOUR FUCKING OBSEQUIOUS SERVILE MINCING NEBBISH FAGGOTRY NEVER EVER APOLOGIZE TO AN ANON NEVER EVER FUCKING STOP EDIT ANYTHING EVER FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

>> No.10963912

>>10963632
If you really would like to know, I got it from Gurdjieff, who claims to have gotten it from the Gnostics and to have been teaching “esoteric Christianity”. Remember, all the arguing aside, I love you.

>> No.10963914
File: 139 KB, 628x472, reddit-silver-medal-meme_preview_featured.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10963896
lol have some gold made me week rofl

>> No.10963919

>>10963912
Love you too my guy.

>> No.10963932

>>10963914
gonna put snakes in your dreams anon bee careful
>>10963919
stupid fake gesture

>> No.10963946
File: 30 KB, 400x324, wildernessofdreams.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10963932
knock yourself out, guy. and it wasn't a fake gesture. i sincerely have goodwill towards that anon who seeks God

>> No.10963955
File: 178 KB, 800x800, 1522815661759.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10962770
>t.

>> No.10963959

>>10962770
Literally reading any of those is moot if it's not also supported by a contemplative / meditational / devotional / ethical practice.

>> No.10963988

>>10963946
you cannot actually have good will towards strangers unless they have resources you want or a common cause with you that is easily identifiable through race and communal ties. The idea of a black and white christian having anything in common is laughable humanist thought stopping and wishful thinking (when they do indeed think about it). You're not the same and you aren't together. The Atman does not actually imply that you're friends at all, hence warfare and conflict persist even after spiritual identity is universalized. The body will always go to war with other bodies
>>10963959
tank you ebola

>> No.10964000

>>10963988
Yeah, fucking niggers

>> No.10964001

>>10963988
>a high-school equivalency understanding of conflict, and a complete ignorance of forgiveness and compassion not for each other's sake but for God's sake
yup, checks out.

>> No.10964005

>>10964001
What does "for God's sake" mean

>> No.10964007

>>10964001
HS's are hyperagreeable, this is backed up by evo bio and being higher social status fly on the wall for years in attractive circles

>> No.10964024

>>10963739
>t. Jordan Peterson

>> No.10964031
File: 2.63 MB, 1910x1482, so_crates.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10964005
My answer may not be found in accordance with the catechism. It means in my experience I have come to believe in God as something that is an original force, a metaphysical agency that is over all (infinite) and that we mortal bodies share in, and our imperfect perception dwells in us. Yet we are it, experiencing itself. I also believe that because it is perfect, it is the highest good and worthy of imitation; that is, if we have free will, we should choose right action. If the creator shares in our image (as perhaps it may very well might, being infinite) through Jesus Christ, then it would please the creator that we have heard its message and followed with action. And so goodwill and mercy and compassion are standing orders. Being a poor sinner as well as descended from apes, sometimes I don't choose right action. Understanding all this, for God's sake means to please God.

>> No.10964039

>>10963124
>One of boredom and another of interest.
No

>> No.10964040

>>10964031
How do you know what pleases god

>> No.10964042

>>10964039
thank you high EQ anon

>> No.10964049

>>10964040
Read it again until you understand. It is true by necessity. Read Kempis, read the New Testament.

>> No.10964056

>>10964049
The new testament requires faith. It's not as simple as just reading. You sound like Muslims who say just read the quran, as if just reading it will make you believe.

And I've read Thomas a kempis.

>> No.10964063

>>10964056
I'm not trying to convert you, just trying to answer your questions. But I can't answer them all here in this format, or to my own satisfaction.

>You sound like Muslims who say just read the quran, as if just reading it will make you believe.
If you've read the Imitation of Christ you know what I'm talking about, and why "just reading" is not enough.

>> No.10964098

>>10964063
I understand that and I'm genuinely looking for reasonable answers.

>> No.10964153

>>10963524
I like your interpretations. I'd like to hear more. There's really not much "character assassination" going on except from the self described "mystic"
>>10963590
The only ego that stands out in this thread is yours. You're not an apostle. Shut the fuck up

>> No.10964171

>>10964153
be nice.

>> No.10964204

>>10963124
>The fact that all evil stops and ceases to be when one calls upon Christ, recites a Psalm, or prays, gives testament to the power of the Holy Bible.

Mate, have you even heard of the Borgias?
Reciting holy texts works only insofar as it speaks to the good that is already present in your soul. The bible in itself has zero power to do that, and if you deny that you're refuting your own doctrine of free will.

>> No.10964205

>>10964056
for the most part of the history of christianity reading the bible wasn't even a thing except for priests

i doubt many muslims actually read the quran as well

>> No.10964220
File: 738 KB, 1440x1557, 1521434035726.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>believes in prayer
>thinks bible is all metaphors

>> No.10964315

>>10964031
>Yet we are it, experiencing itself.
satanic nonsense, what kind of a hellish lonely existence would that be

>> No.10964323

>>10964315
>as opposed to creating ant golems and then saving them from their ant hill that you made unbearable for no reason other than being a sick fuck

also God has not peers, so the social signaling, which is what all christians do inevitably, as they are unfailingly herd beasts which depend entirely on social structure to think, is unfounded and your own misconstruing of your own basic fucking logical conclusions of the system you hold to

>> No.10964347

>>10964323
what the confounded fuck are you talking about, stop with the schizophrenia

>> No.10964377

>>10964315
don't mind that person, he's not sound

think about infinity for a while. how big is it. what are its limits.

>> No.10964384

>>10964377
Infinity doesn't have size or limit

>> No.10964391

>>10964384
and if God is the creator, the unknowable progenitor of all things and ideas (that is, the infinite, alpha and omega), does it not follow that God is immanent and everywhere? including what we think of as our own mortal existence?

>> No.10964405

>>10964347
>schizophrenia
>has conversation with a blood god and his fake osiris son who impregnated himself into his own mother
Essentially the Lord God Yahweh Baal-Marduk-Saturn is a demiurge and it created the universe and man for fun so it could look at its image and feel powerful, its an autistic toddler. The Vedics, specifically the intelligent priest class, believe the absolute is playing a game with itself and created humanity to look at itself from infinite perspectives in an infinite series of states to further know itself, love itself and make use of itself and this is done with full consent each time, the people fall asleep when incarnated, and eventully the Self wakes up to Itself and sees Itself as Itself and nothing else. This is all good fun and goes on forever because why not? That's much more interesting than some narcissistic toddler making toys that suffer immeasurably for no reason and will never even once equal it in power, intelligence, or understanding which means it has no peers and only subordinates, which means its a monarch, which means it has slaves (or serfs for the stupid) and that makes it a sick arrangement which should be annihilated. There's nothing else to say Christfag

I guess to clarify: you are stupid cattle and an obsequious mild sociopath who was incredibly impressionable and dependent as a child, so you developed unfailing submission to authority, even if just family and priests, and this is partly genetic, and partly your awful family and society, small part horrible soul, and thus you are naturally inclined towards wanting to submit eternally, to be baptized in the blood of a superior, to be kept as a pet, and to feel uncomfortable with Deity literally being you and just vaguely in a nocturnal phase of consciousness.
>>10964384
there are finite infinitudes and infinite finitudes silly christian exotericist. Must be sad that you don't understand how to reconcile opposites and are ruled by cog diss

>> No.10964437

>>10964384
Remember that it was the God of the OT who was anthropomorphized and not omniscient. YHWH was the God who was ambulatory and could lose sight of Adam and Eve, or indeed turned away from the Israelites and return and be shocked at their degeneracy. The God of the NT is different, a product of Greek philosophy: an unmovable mover, a first cause. This is why it is called perfect, because there is nothing that is not itself to condemn it. And this is why in the NT God is revered as a being beyond all imperfections or mistakes, and a symbol of order (which would be incarnated in Jesus, who would become Christ). Like I quoted earlier:

>Romans 11:32
>For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

God here has literally "bound" or "shut up" or "condemned" Man to a certain existence, and because of Christ's mortal experience and demonstrative sacrifice when Man's existence ends we have a promise of what comes next. A reunion? Maybe, but I don't think it is we people expect.

>>10964405
>Must be sad that you don't understand how to reconcile opposites
The infinite contains the union of all opposites, nerd.

>> No.10965291

the STATE of christcucks lmfao

>> No.10965389

>not believing in Universalism

I pity you. You're blinded by your bias for one particular religion because of your upbringing and culture. You are no worse than nationalistic rednecks.

>> No.10965394
File: 60 KB, 829x589, tipharderdear.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10965291

>> No.10965397

>>10965389
no better*

>> No.10965402

>>10965389
>not knowing enough to know the catechism of the Catholic church states that God could very well be offering universal reconciliation, even if the church itself refuses to say so.

>> No.10965414

i swear you atheists and "universalists" and secular humanists have sub-100 IQs.

>> No.10965426

>>10965402
>wasting your time studying Christianity when you could be meditating upon God directly or studying a superset of philosophy such as ontology

>>10965414
Shakespeare was a humanist.

>> No.10965448

>>10965414
I think you'll find the average Catholic has a sub 100 Iq, since the church consists mostly of niggers, spics and wogs.

>> No.10965460
File: 11 KB, 271x186, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10965448
>t.

>> No.10965461

>>10962770

>> No.10965476

>>10965448
I really do wonder what the catholic church is gonna look like in a 100 years when all the whites are no longer around to beat back all the black and hispanic heretical folk saints and superstitions.

>> No.10965514
File: 3.91 MB, 1292x8757, Shroud of Turin Authenticity.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

*Cough*

>> No.10965519

>>10963130
>>10963136
>>10963140
>>10963145
>>10963149
>>10963153
>>10963161

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtjzxHtj-90

>> No.10965524
File: 1.08 MB, 1344x2739, Bible historicity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10965514

>> No.10965532
File: 1.59 MB, 3648x2736, img_0280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10965476
Uhhhhhhh bro. Mexican Catholicism is already full of swarthy, tamale eating Shivas.

>> No.10965537

>>10965514
Is the shroud the narrow gate?
Is the church the wide gate?

>> No.10965570

>>10965532
I am aware. My point was what happens when there is no one left in the Vatican to push back against these things because it is 99% south americans and africans who can barely understand their own religion and fall back on resurgent tribal deities veiled in the aesthetics of Catholicism.

>> No.10965775

>>10962770
that girl is cute

>> No.10965864

>>10965775
you're fucking cute, bro

>> No.10965879

>>10963041
what are you afraid of reading his post? is your time that precious?

>> No.10965904

>>10964205
>i doubt many muslims actually read the quran as well
Now I know for sure you are full of shit.

>> No.10965968

>>10965904
they may have learned to recite parts of it, they wouldn't have read it themselves, much less understood a word of old Arabic though, it's just like a song you sort of sing but have no idea what it says

>> No.10965995

>>10962790
>le bible is a representation of the human psyche
>implying all myths are not true
t. reddit

>> No.10966663

begom pagan

>> No.10967731

>>10965968
Is this actually a common situation in the Islamic world? Any sauce?

>> No.10967813

>>10962790
Why the pastor has never mentioned any of this?

>> No.10968341
File: 1.48 MB, 2528x1364, easyshit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10967813
your pastor has not learned to read psychologically and the reading list at his seminary was a joke so he's basically a pleb not even close to /lit/'s level of understanding

>> No.10968774

>>10967731
Yes it is. Children are made to memorise it, understanding isn't taught at all. Memorising the whole thing is considered a great achievement. You will never be taught to understand it unless you attend a madrassa which is fairly uncommon. Only the poorest or least intelligent kids get sent there because it's the only place that will take them.

>> No.10968816

>>10962790
Yeah, pretty much what he said.
Those who are quick to dismiss this level of thought usually have their heads up their asses and don't want to pull them out 'cause they enjoy their stink.

>> No.10968877

>>10965426
Shakespeare wasn’t a humanist in the secular sense you absolute sod

>> No.10968928
File: 69 KB, 1280x720, rush.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10968816
>ditto: the post

>> No.10968968

>>10963185
any followup to this post coming, anon?

>> No.10969726

>>10963847
I saw the same thing anon, but I don't frequent /lit so I didn't want to call it out. Not sure if the pseuds here would call me mean names for doing so.

>> No.10969739
File: 1.09 MB, 1500x2207, 1501795496491.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10964031
Absolutely beautiful brother.
You've put into words what I've been trying to explain to myself for many months now. Thank you for your time, peace be with you.

>> No.10969767

>>10964098
As another anon has pointed out, The Holy Bible wasn't read by the common man until the advent of the printing press and if I remember correctly, The Holy Catholic Church used to only allowed priests to read and preach the Gospel/offer guidance to the faithful. I would recommend a gentile seeking Christ to visit their local church and speak with the priest there, they are more than willing to sit down and teach you all you wish to learn. Even just going into to witness Holy Mass could be as deterring to someone as you said reading The Holy Bible without faith would be because the tradition is not understood and put into context for them.

>> No.10969956

>>10969767
>The holy Bible
>The holy Catholic church
>The holy Bible

Get the fuck out of here you fucking larping christfaggot

>> No.10970288

>>10965537
The Shroud is just a maybe-evidence that as far as we know can't be reproduced. The narrow gate is Christ, it an image. Personally I think it's genuine, but it's no more than a signpost.

>> No.10970290

>>10970288
*not an image

>> No.10970299

>>10965995
>implying all myths are to be taken literally
t. retard

>> No.10970942
File: 85 KB, 500x500, 1492279645812.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10969739
Thanks for the kind words anon. Peace be with you.

>> No.10972292

>>10969956
The Holy Bible is the word of God, undeniably, and such a work should be given the respect it deserves. A "bible" is simply a book.

>> No.10972303

>>10972292
it was written by Greek, Alexander and Syrian Jews at different times based on legends in the Jewish community and alleged historical events reported by Romans and local Palestinian populations. There’s no reason at all to believe it is the word of God, not even one reason

>> No.10972456

>>10962797
kill yourself fag00t

>> No.10972546

>>10962770
>eliphas levi
>israel regardi

>> No.10972588
File: 178 KB, 600x672, Hereford_Mappa_Mundi_1300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10972303