[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 23 KB, 720x401, 27751788_330699120771160_8234894220543350544_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10958796 No.10958796 [Reply] [Original]

write what's on your mind
last one hit 300

>> No.10958804

>>10958796
Care to extrapolate

>> No.10958813

I am legitimately grateful for 4chan, despite all the inherent drawback of people receiving complete and utter equity in conversation; for all the anons who come here and share what they love, their opinions. This place, overloading with viewpoints, like a microcosm of society, has led me to discover a lot of thing in my life that I hold dear—whether it be /mu/core I love, or the meme trilogy that has led me to many an epiphany... I hold you dear, anon. Even though you sometimes post stuff that makes me wanna tear my hair out, I appreciate it; I know that people need a place to shoot ideas, to share the growing pains, all under the protection of anonymous.

>> No.10958814
File: 72 KB, 640x480, 1522964397206.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why the fuck can t I enjoy books.

Like I can read the words but have no clue what the fucks going on..
It's bullshit

I'm reading the Hobbit and still can't figure out what the fucks gong on..

>> No.10958820

>>10958814
You might have a case of stupid

>> No.10958837
File: 52 KB, 640x640, 1522964304336.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10958820
I definitely do..
I can't tie my shoes or drive a car at 27...I got kicked out of navy for being retarded LOL HAHHAAH

>> No.10958839

Based on some of the /lit/ threads this morning, I'm seriously thinking of filing one of the gaps in my lifetime reading list, starting tomorrow.

So I'll begin reading either Dream of the Red Chamber or one of the seven Shakespeare plays that I haven't read yet.

>> No.10958842

>>10958814
i wish i had known about traps when i was young enough to become one, now i'm all masc looking and shit, and i guess being big and strong has some advantages that its easy to take for granted, but idk

>> No.10958844

>>10958839
Read Dream of the Red Chamber. I plan to read it after I finish the book I'm reading right now.

>> No.10958850

I wish I had the balls to fuck these traps I get all worked up on kik but I’m not gay no matter how hard I try

>> No.10958854

>>10958844
Okay, Dream of the Red Chamber it is! Thanks, anon!

>> No.10958855

>>10958844
i've wanted to read it for so long but i dont trust the translation i have, its that old public domain one by some jesuits or something, jesuits had been in china since the ming so who knows it might actually be better than some new shit, but one never knows does one

>> No.10958871

>>10958839
What about the threads this morning inspired you to do that? What time zone do you live in?

>> No.10958879

>>10958855
Years and years ago, I bought the Gladys Yang and Yang Hsien-yi translation, because it matched the boxed sets I had of the other three Chinese classics. Then I read that the Hawke translation was A LOT better, and found the first three volumes on a clearance sale in Tokyo, so that's what I'm going with.

>> No.10958899

Normies are fucking terrifying in real life after you've spent several years on a website like 4chan being able to say and think whatever you want. Everything they do is first and foremost concerned with how it affects their position on the social hierarchy, and everything anybody says has to be subjected to ruthless thought control.

College-aged upper middle class people are the most fucked up because they live in such a bubble that you can't even imagine it until you've seen it firsthand. They are literally scared of words. They can't hear anything that upsets them, or that might even theoretically upset anybody else, or they will get really uncomfortable and start trying to do all kinds of creepy "pulling rank" shit via their social hierarchy points, all kinds of playground group dynamics stuff like excluding people or gossiping about them while being nice to their face. It's absolutely insane.

You can see it happen in real time, too, or even do little social experiments to see how it works. You can say something that sounds like it should be somehow offensive, but that actually isn't offensive at all, and then watch their brains try to find a way to be offended about it, because that's what you're "supposed to do." Normies always do "what you're supposed to do," or more correctly, "what you do." Normies live constantly in fear of not doing "what one does." So they will go around using some kind of algorithmic heuristic pattern recognition software in their brains to detect shit that looks like something they've seen on TV or seen other high-ranked monkeys in the tribe do, and they'll try to replicate it externally, and fill in the details of motivation or intent later. They'll pounce on something that appears externally like it fits the pattern recognition of "offensive," and they'll start play-acting the I'm Offended behavior, and when you deconstruct it by revealing that it was never offensive to begin with, their atrophied normie brains will become completely confused and start trying to shunt to another synapse, find some way to socially shame you.

I have never been more terrified of the potential of the human brain to be irreparably developmentally stunted than I have while talking to college kids at a good university. They are like overprotected little kids in a daycare who have never been allowed to do anything other than what their mommy and a special cabal of kindergarten teachers tells them is okay to do. I don't know how they live like that. You can see their furtive little eyes jiggering around in discomfort or shock when someone says something that sounds like a bad word. All the men have been trained to be hunter-seeker look-how-much-of-a-queer-I-am algorithms, searching for opportunities to declare loudly and proudly that being a faggot is good, and having any norms or expectations or hopes for human behavior is evil. Judging anyone is evil. Everything except being a frightened sad little pussy all the time is evil.

>> No.10958900
File: 52 KB, 640x507, 1522965519945.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10958842
I feel you...I'm trans so I wish I did it also...

>> No.10958910

>>10958899
the 4chan contrarion in me wants to call you an edgelord, but the real nigga in me wants to say, "ye, nigga i feel that"

>> No.10958919

>>10958900
sometimes i still think about transitioning or just walking around like cd but i'm like 6'1, and i would miss my muscle mass if it all dissolves on hrt, i can always just be gay but it sucks being masc though because i find dude on dude not hot at all, i feel like sex is the combination of opposites, to have two muscle dudes with 5 o'clock shadows going at it is just not hot to me

>> No.10958927

> in class
> we begin discussing hobbies and interests
> start talking about movies
> teacher brings up infinity war
> class goes apeshit
> “I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!”
> whole class hurrahs
I couldn’t believe what I was seeing in my college class. Everyone was basically a man child. I have been traumatized by the state of people’s standards. I left school that day sick.

>> No.10958929

>>10958919
Well yeah you're not into men...I mean if you're actually trans than transition. I'm /fit/ and lifted for 5 6 years but I stopped now to read more plus I hate lifting now too much pain. I wish I transitioned instead of lifting. Liftings honestly a waste of time.

>> No.10958935

>>10958899
just read a lot of marxist and post-structuralist shit, i always come at people irl from the far left so if they get offended i can call them reactionary or bourgeois and shame them lol

>> No.10958942

>>10958935
lol same bro
>tfw actually a neocon

>> No.10958945

>>10958929
i dont lift that much i mostly do calisthenics so im not megamass but i have more muscle than the average soy thats never been in a gym, no i do think dudes are hot, the problem is dudes think im hot as a dude, so they have weird expectations of me, i'm always stronger and bigger then than them so its hard to feel girly with some manlet or wimp with a tiny dick, the only time it works for me is if the dude is a lot older, then the age difference can work, but as i get older the age difference gets less and less so how long can that work idk

>> No.10958951

>>10958927
idk even know what the fuck infinity wars is to be perfectly honest i havent even seen an ad for it on youtube

>> No.10958955

>>10958942
the cognitive dissonance is def gettin harder but i can still spit that marxist fire

>> No.10958958

>>10958945
I mean are you even gay?
I'm 5ft8 with a 4inch penis really..Im not gay tho..I mean how old are u

>> No.10958966

>>10958958
holy shit dude if i was i was manlet like that i would go to the nearest shrink and sign up for hormones lol

>> No.10958973
File: 53 KB, 768x1024, 1522826966359.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10958966
I even have a baby face like I'm 26 yet look like I'm 12 still .___.

>> No.10958992

>>10958973
dude theres no way you can transition to trap with that much mass man, the thing is though i have like of those bodies that is like 2/3rd or at least 3/5 legs, i have long ass legs i could be such a hot trap, but my arms have like veins popping out, i have wide shoulders i have to wear size large shirts even tho my waist is 32 and i have skinny manhips, i'm way hotter as a dude, but i cant get used to it

>> No.10958993

>>10958855
Oftentimes Penguin is shit with translations. This is not the case for Red Chamber. The translator was the leading European redologist.

>> No.10958997

Looking for a job that revolves around books. The only one I qualify for is being a bookstore employee which is okay. The thing is that I can't seem to find one that is near me. All are 10+ miles. And it's just a part-time job so if it's too far then it is clearly not worth it. What are some other jobs that has to do with books, anons? I read someone worked in a bookstore warehouse once. I don't even know where to find a job like that. Any advice /lit/?

>> No.10958998

>>10958993
is it like proust where u can read one volume and take a break or am i committing to a slog if i start

>> No.10959011

>>10958997
well library obviously, but there are only slightly more libraries than bookstores at the moment, if you live in a major city you could just show up at a small publisher an do what steve jobs did atari which is say "i'm not leaving until you give me a job" idk thats probably what i'd do go to some dinky commie or artsy ass publisher and try to get a super entry level internish gig, but the problem with the city is sure there are more publishers and jobs but there are also more people with ivy degrees and other elite backgrounds that will beat you, so idk man, you could be one of those awful fags who goes to library sales and bankruptcy auctions and buys big lots of used books and sales them on ebay/amazon, but thats gig economy tier money, not really any shit you can live from

>> No.10959029

>>10958998
Sorta the latter. It's rather episodic and has many subplots going on. If you're good at remembering characters then taking breaks propably wouldn't be bad.

>> No.10959036

>>10958992
I know it's too much..and I'm too old ... .__.

I wish I did tho

>> No.10959047

Just take the fucking occult pill already, losers.

It's the only way. Renaissance 2.0! read the Hermeticum! Break free of your delusional entrapments that put you against your fellow man.

>> No.10959048

>>10959047
Jesus is better

>> No.10959052

These threads are not even tangentially related to the focus of the board but I like them too much to complain in earnest.

>> No.10959058

>>10959011
>"i'm not leaving until you give me a job"
Kek. If I only had the balls. Well, some sort of aggressiveness is important when getting a job I guess. I should have pointed out that I don't have degrees or any type of experience work wise. So no to working with publishers or any of that shit. Gonna stick to being a cashier at a bookstore for now. I do live near Chicago though. They might give me more opportunities and better jobs that revolve around books. I could volunteer at a museum or some shit, but idk

>> No.10959068

>>10958899
yeah I've seen that too anon, but like these people are weak willed they have no where else to go and they just want to feel like their loved and be part of something even if it's all fake. People like to feel important and participating in these hierarchy makes them feel as so.

>> No.10959070

>>10959047
is this the next pickle

>> No.10959078

>>10959052
lol ikr, these kind of threads belong on advice, but these are a lot more constructive and helpful that have genuine questions and responses, which is why I enjoy these threads.

>> No.10959081

>>10958951
infinity war is capeshit.

>> No.10959083

>>10959048
Jesus is a Platonic idea of Illumination, anon.

Anyone Can become a "Jesus." Jesus is Horus, an emanation of the sun's impregnating warmth. There's a reason the word of Hermes has been hidden for so long.

>> No.10959176
File: 59 KB, 658x662, 1480078544559.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

nothing desu

>> No.10960034
File: 70 KB, 453x604, 1522703212948.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10960054

is having a headache borderline to fever for the whole day.

yesterday I'd been tidying the house, arranging a perfect place to write in the living room.

still haven't write anything because of the headache.

>> No.10960079

>>10960054
caffeine withdrawal? look up homeade headache remedy

Top 14 Natural Headache Remedies
Magnesium.
Gluten-Free Diet. When people with gluten sensitivity eat foods containing gluten, it can lead to a headache.
Peppermint & Lavender Essential Oil. ...
Chiropractic Care & Posture. ...
Herbs: Feverfew & Butterbur. ...
B-Complex Vitamins. ...
Stay Hydrated. ...
Detox Bath to Reduce Tension.

>> No.10960081

where is >>10960000 is on my mind

>> No.10960135

>>10958813
I was thinking the same, but especially with /lit/. You get all kinds of thoughtful, interesting shit being posted all the time, on every subject, from each different viewpoint, all under the banner of literary discussion.
It's invaluable and it makes me really happy that a board like this can still exist despite the fatal /pol9k/ cancer that the chans have contracted. The fact that you need to have read a book or two to understand what's being talked about here seems to work as a sort of repellent.
I just wanted to say that I feel a deep love and kinship for you all, even those of you what are retarded.

>> No.10960708

After trying to help a friend and support them emotionally for over a year now i've finally cut connects with them since they arent actually getting better but worse, and i just feel like an emotional battery to them. They steal hundreds of dollars of shit a day, try to OD on prescription medication whenever anything bothers them, excessively drink every other day, huff spray scans, never actually goes to school, and involves themselves with really shitty people even though me as well as many others tell them that those people are only going to make their lives so much more worse. Ive told them that ive gotten sick of the loop of them acting like they are getting better only for them to just get even worse than before and unless they make some significant efforts to change their habits i am not going to speak to them ever again. This person was also like my best friend and we spoke everyday and she trusted me pretty much like no other. I just hope that after a couple of days she just tries to change so this can all end for fuck sake I miss her so much. Nothing else has worked since she is so fucking stubborn and refuses to accept any help so this feels like the only way to motivate her though i feel like im being a complete piece of shit.

>> No.10960771

>>10960708
have you spoken to her about why she does this?

>> No.10960777

>>10960708
can you post a partial picture of them, or at least describe them? Where does she steal from?

>> No.10960834

>>10960708
don't waste yourself trying to save her anon; you made the right decision to stop talking to her, but I think you should know that she may not get any better from your decision of doing so. If you really want her to get better your going to be very affirmative, however you wouldn't really be her friend then. She is going to want to get better when she desires to get better, which may never happen and it might be to late. She is an anchor to your life but I also think if you really cared for that person with a lot of love you wouldn't really let go of her I would imagine you fighting to save her even if it was futile.

>> No.10960841

>>10960771
She says she does the stealing/drinking/drugs ect. Because she needs to "cope". She is bipolar and has like some chronic depression issues and mental health in her family is absolute shit. I totally understand why someone would do those things to cope, but what she doesnt understand is that all of her actual problems stem from her trying to "cope". Her life wouldnt be so fucking garbage and her parents and friends wouldnt be so disappointed in her if she didnt do these things to try to calm herself down and actually seeked help from people who actually care about her and want to see her grow. Shes totally aware of what shes doing, knows how its going to effect her and how everyone is going to react to it, but still does it anyway. Basically shes selfish, she only cares about the present and doesnt give a fuck that what she does now is going to make the future even worse, and when she has to deal with the future she has to do even more to cope with it, and it just loops on and on like that. Then she just expects everyone to say "Oh well thats just how she deals with things, oh well! We still love you and are here for you!" Like what the actual fuck we can only take so much before something has to be done i can't watch someone ruin themselves like this.

>> No.10960865

>>10960777
I'm sorry i am not going to post pictures of her or tell you exactly where she steals from because to be honest that is irrelevant in my opinion. She steals from department stores and big name brand stores she likes and basically hasnt payed for anything shes wanted in awhile. Shes gotten extremely good at figuring out ways of sneaking shit out and removing the sensor tags on clothes and what not and its just fucking shameful honestly. These are like $300 jackets and shit too its not like shes poor and these are necessities, and her mother could just give her money to buy whatever she needed as well she is just so ungrateful. If you want me to describe her as a person i can in another post, but i wont do much of a physical description. Shes actually very pretty and had a lot of things going for her when she wasnt acting like this before but im sure with everything shes doing shes going to ruin everything good thing there was about herself.

>> No.10960868

>>10960841
how old is she? Is she like some gangster chick, or little crustpunk goth girl, or trailer park trash?

I understand the cope, simply it seems she (feels) is trapped (by life, by the systems of the world, by her opportunities), she craves power, freedom. She is likely easily bored, maybe has a creative potential mind, maybe upset about lack of creativity so this behavior is her 'art', expression. Her thrill, feeling of adventure, adrenaline junky, maybe she could theoretically be capable of working at a mall kiosk or nail salon like other girls but would be bored by that, maybe her fate is she would be bored with many normal activities, maybe simply her thought patterns and expectations of self, feelings, view of the world, self hatred and disappoint, inability to succeed, the terror of the repetitions of the normality's of life. She certainly needs direction and drive, and hope and promise, and proven worthiness of obeying. How hot is she?

>> No.10960900

>>10960865
Has she had a lot of boyfriends, does she have one? You have talked to her a lot about these sitautions, and when you hang out she is just kind of normal? Or always drinking and doing drugs? And how often does she steal, and you have been with her when she has, or she just told you how she does it? And you are sure she doesnt buy them and then tells people she stole them for street cred? You live urban, suburb, rural? What state, bumblefuck or popular? Did she ever go to school? Jobs, currently, recently? Possibly you are blowing this out of proportion and just upset she wont hook up with you?

>> No.10960902

>>10960900
implying the person writing isn't a girl.

>> No.10960922

>>10960902
>implying I would assume I was ever so fortunate to just happen to actually speak to a member of the opposing sexual orientation for the first time in my life besides my sister and mom

>> No.10960928

>>10960902
>They steal hundreds of dollars of shit a day
Now that you mention it:
>They steal hundreds of dollars of shit a day
This likely grosse over exaggeration could have been a tell tale sign

>> No.10960964

>>10960834
I understand where you're coming from about me sticking to the end, but you have to understand that ive been trying to emotionally support/attempting to devise numerous ways of helping her out of her situation for over a year now. At this point ive tried everything that ive could to help her, and it basically comes down to me being her "friend" means I am just enabling her bad habits. I am the type of person to directly address shit that is ruining a person upfront and honestly especially its someone i love and care about like a family member or best friend, so I am not going to just sit here and be like "Well look yeah those things youre doing are bad and yeah you need to stop but it's okay i understand why you did it and i still love you :)))))". It doesnt actually change anything when i say shit like that, and ive tried to be less passive when talking about that shit but she literally just wont hear it. Ive done something like im doing now before when she was trying to OD on pills and i actually managed to make her record herself flush the pills down the toilet (though i didnt say i was going to cut connections back then, it was something lesser) so i am hoping that this will happen again similar to that. If I'm really as important of a person as she says I am to her then she would fucking change. She literally told me everything, even shit she wouldnt tell her parents or other friends. If this doesnt work im not putting up with this bullshit and enabling anything anymore, and the person that i knew and loved might as well be dead because shes become an entirely different person.

>> No.10960976

>>10958796
Income tax is pretty fucking high and I hate women for being the majority of voters.

>> No.10961007

>>10960964
how old is she? 19-26. I would say well if thats your last straw you should find a really good rehab center and contact counselors to apprehend her and take her away, but that can either result in her becoming a pure self again thanking you for saving her or she tries to kill herself. She likely is just trying to escape the world in a consistent blur of pleasure, and as you said, the future doesnt matter, only as much fun and pleasure she can experience. So how do you see her trajectory, 40 year old bar hooker crackwhore? Drugdealer boyfriends in jail? just pure bad extreme drug addict? homeless? Or she will change in a few years? What drugs does she do, how often, for how long has she been? You said she doesnt go to school but should be, highschool, if college what is she studying?

>> No.10961029

>>10960868
She's 18, not really goth but dresses kind of edgy like a "I dont really give a fuck" kind of style. The main things that i think effects her are attention and being sexually desired. She feeds off of positive attention, and shes told me she likes putting people in a position where they have romantic feelings for her even if she doesnt feel romantically towards them because she enjoys the feeling of being loved. Her father divorced her mother early so that probably makes up like a 75% of the causality right there and the other 25% is probably shit she sees online like garbage social media bullshit, this boy she involves herself with, and lack of guidance/structure in her household and family environment. Also lets just say shes hot enough that both boys/girls her age are constantly all over her shit, and even in public both boys and older guys say shit to her. Her fucking close friend who is a girl is basically lesbian over her despite being with some guy and she basically told me they did lesbian shit just so that she could feel that sense of love even though that friend actually has feelings for her. That friend came out to her and she shot it down. Have i been involving myself with a sociopathic bitch, i didnt even know what to say to that when she told me.

>> No.10961095

>>10960900
Shes only been involved with this one guy who is probably a worse fuck up than her when it comes to drugs. He is manipulative and loves treating her like shit one moment and then the next telling her that he loved her and cant live without her. Hes fucking with other girls while hes talking to her and she doesnt realize he just sees her as another girl to fuck. When she came back from the hospital from ODing and was in recovery her parents, not knowing who he really was, let him come down to see her since she really wanted to see him and he was more focused on trying to fuck her (even though her head was still really fucked up) then actually being there for her emotionally. They fight and break up and then come back together like every other week and we all tell her he is not good for her but it's the classic abused woman dilemma. I moved from where she was two years back so i havent seen her from most of this but we still spoke and kept in touch pretty much everyday. The stealing and all of that is real we have mutual friends to confirm and ive been on a call where i heard the tag going off and she ran out of the store with one of the jackets which actually was like $300. She absuses shit like panadol, oxycodone, valium, and other perscription medications, as well as shit with butane in it and alcohol. Shes basically a mess. Shes like a sister to me so it really makes me sick seeing her do this to herself i dont know what to do anymore.

>> No.10961100

>>10961029
How long have you known her? Its crazy how consistent and archtypichal these scenarios are, in the sense that there are people like this in probably every highschool for the past 50 years. Reading this stuff flashes back several girls who I was aware of in highschool, hot druggie party sluts. I mean there are a lot of them in the world, guys too. (Are you the close lesbian friend?) I dont think she is that crazy, to her perspective there is a lot of bad in life and it makes the most sense to run towards freedom, fun, partying, what increases her self esteem and happiness. Life to her appears like a dream now, she is just floating through. The facts of the age of 25 is impossibly far off for her, 18 feels like forever. The biggest thing I guess is, what can she possibly do with her life to make a living, either marry a rich drug dealer (or rich someone or other), become a stripper, webcam model, work at an accessories store, be a receptionist, or what else? The bottom line is life does not seem real to her, only fun seems real to her, and important. And it is hard to convince her otherwise. If there are man that would date her and take care of her and pay for her because shes hot, and she just accepts that life as tragic or comedic as it is, what could make her happier?

>> No.10961107

>>10960902
Im not a girl, im sorry if some of these things sound overexaggerated or hyperbolous but i can assure you they're not. I mean yes she is not stealing hundreds of dollars of shit EVERYDAY but by the end of the week the value of shit she has stolen is easily in the thousands.

>> No.10961131

I had so much fucking free-time as a kid. I should’ve taught myself to code and not dicked around in school. I don’t want to have the same regrets in 5 years that I do now

>> No.10961133

>>10961007
She says she wants to run of with that guy, i see her doing it. They probanly hook up officially and he gets her involved into actually hardcore drugs. They both feed each others fucked up tendecies and her life becomes competely ruined, they have a huge fight where she cannot absolutely stand him anymore and cant forgive him for what hes done to her life and shes just another used up forgotten street fuck up or she just kills herself. I honestly dont know but whatever her future is its not fucking good. Maybe shed keep coming back to him, again i cant really say other than shes going to live a really fucking terrible life.

>> No.10961139

>>10961095
Damn yea, she needs to be shackled and brought to an organic farm, not to do hard labor, but pleasant mellow labor, for some time, tend the gardens, and animals (detox, purify, get in touch with the roots of humanistic being and the grand majestic glory of nature). She likely is not a self, she cant bare just being a normal simple her, so she is constantly attempting to escape that (like most people) with fun and excitement and danger, what could possibly be in her mind when not on drugs, what could she possibly find interesting or compelling in and of and about the world (besides reality tv show drama)?

>> No.10961149

>>10961133
she just needs to find a good guy to take care of her, that has money, and treats her right, without hardcore drugs

>> No.10961153

>>10958899
you are observing the effects of social constructvism on real life. when a normie responds emotionally, he is signaling to the tribe that he shares their values

>> No.10961165

>>10961100
I'm not the lesbian friend. I understand her hedonistic viewpoint but i really thought she was more empathetic than to manipulate people close to her to get a type of attention she wants. How can you lead on that girl and then just leave her there like that? It's entirely selfish. She doesnt realize that none of those life routes youve listed have any sort of long term value to them, that one day shea going to wake up and the realities of life and who she really is are going to hit her so hard that no amount of present in the moment partying will be able to make up for it. Everything catches up to you eventually, i just want her to lead an actual happy and fulfilling life, but if she wants to be a fuck up so bad its like what can i say or do.

>> No.10961166

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGo_faB5bOQ
1:24:13
One of the most harmonious musical tunes

>> No.10961168

>>10958796
every single time /lit/ isn’t subjected to sadistic elitist policing it falls into leddit, text speak, twatter bonobo talk and this is something that occurs without fail

if you are not ashamed of speaking badly, if even to convey so affection or gesture of solidarity in an informal way, you are not human, you are something automatic, robopathic and infectious. Language must be stringently purged of unthinking phraseology or worthless neologisms, whole styles of thought must be culled, whole subcultural lexicons abandoned.

Freaking literally every single absolutely totally for real to be honest i mean yeah lmao whatever but like that’s not even im asking myself a question? and now im answering it? pleb patrish probably desu. definitely actually not at all

>> No.10961178

>>10961149
She'll never find that guy though unless she gets her shit together. That's what I've tried telling her atleast, she's going to have to find out the hard way.

>> No.10961188

>>10961139
She pretty much needs any form of positive structure that could make her feel proud of herself, or anything postive that she can actually hold an interest in. Everything she puts interest into is either entertainment garbage, or actually just negative like drugs stealing ect. She needs anything postive that she can grow from in her life.

>> No.10961189

>>10961165
well maybe the lesbian friend was blowing it out of proportion a bit, maybe your girl in question was just in the mood to experiment, or lonely that night, or drugged, thought she may be into it, never suggested there was chance of seriously dating, but the lesbian just had her imagination of this being her dream girl and full of hope, maybe she could continue to hook up but idk whatever, maybe her life would be better if she just had a pure life with the lesbian, but the lesbian likely does not have big enough muscles, hair, money, dick, drugs.

>> No.10961201

>>10961178
>>10961188
>>10961189
a chatbot can be, is being, and will most certainly be trained to spit out this kind of discourse. you’ve been warned anons

>> No.10961202

>>10961168
>every single
>e
Stopped reading there
>if you are
Started again here, but then
>if
>i
Stopped

>> No.10961205

>>10961201
were trying to brainstorm how to save a life you despicable faggot what are you concerned with cucklord

>> No.10961213

>>10961178
she probably thinks normal guys are too boring, that normality is too boring and excruciating oppressive in its expectations of her, is likely a large source of all this. The got money drug dealer degenerate is her peter pan.

>> No.10961217

>>10961202
doesn’t work both ways, i am nothing more than a messenger for higher forces, there is no judgement any of you hungry ghosts could pass on me that i have not already found as an indictment against my soul by the void. nothing on /lit/ can harm me, only I can indeed harm all of you
>>10961205
She’s not worth saving, he’s not worth helping. You’ve been put on notice. Unfailing mediocrity, ceaseless cicada hums, affected arboreal monkey chatter, that is (You)

>> No.10961218

>>10961189
I spoke to both of them seperately about it. My friend told me that she was in the moment when she said she liked her, and she was drunk and on valium and whatever, and that any feelings she has towards the lesbian was purely because she wasnt recieving enough romantic attention, especially from that boy that i mentioned before. The lesbian told me that my friend was giving her all the signs like she did every other time they met and then afterwards just keeps giving her the cold shoulder leaving her confused. I had to be the one to actually tell her what was up and that my friend was basically using her for attention and she got really pissed. Honestly i would much much much rather them hook up than her continue going for this guy since the lesbian girl isnt a complete fuck up. I just want her to end up with someone who will actually care for her as a person.

>> No.10961231

>>10961213
You're probably right. I just wish she would fucking admit it. Shes told so many people to take responsibility for their actions but she cant admit that shes a thrill seeker and that she has to fuck up her life to get any sort of feeling out of it. It's a slap in the face to me because shes told me "Youre probably one of if not the only person i feel actually happy being around" but then moments later she wont listen to me beg her to not fucking go out and OD on some medication. It's just a mess and I'm so tired of this endless roller coaster I want to get off the ride already.

>> No.10961232

>>10961218
this lady friend of yours sounds like she’s on her way out of this world, and may already have chosen her fate. you cling to her because you are both fearful of silence, the audience with the Self you dread more than all other states, and because she represents a destiny that you feel you’ve already earned; fate is not something (You) could know now, and this avaricious clinging to outcomes, imprisoning others in your world as signs of some act or event that (You) are pathologically disposed towards is a cruelty unworthy of that Self of yours, which (You) would realize if (You) were not mortified of making contact with It.

Leave her in the mouth of Hell, she’s fertilizer for higher beings now, or lesser powers, perhaps she’s a vessel for evil, no amount of pleading with Nature, which determines libidinous people’s behavior, will change its principle of vicious selection against wasteful hedonism. These types are simply unsavable, take refuge in knowing she will die a painless death

>> No.10961234

i have a room in my flat in never use

wondering whether a dedicated reading room would be a good idea

maybe just a comfy chair and lamp and bookshelves on the walls

>> No.10961250

>>10961201
As a person undergoing an AI course right now it's pretty clear that machine learning can't give this sort of output anon. I'm sorry if my conversation has taken up too much of a place on this thread i didnt mean for it too i just wanted to see what others thought of my views and actions on the situation and if i'm really doing the right thing here.

>> No.10961251

>>10958910
BECOME the real nigga

>> No.10961273

I had a scary dream last night where some cab driver was driving me and a friend over a bridge in NYC and suddenly there was a brick wall in front of us. We crash into it and end up on the ground next to the wreck. On the opposite side hundreds of pedestrians were stopped and looking at us but all I could pay attention to was one huge solitary building at the base of the bridge that kept reflecting bits of light directly onto my face. I kept staring at it because otherwise I would stare at the 2 bars seperating me from a 500 yard fall into the hudson. This fear of heights along with the opressive and exagerated height of the building disoriented me to the point of torture and I woke up sweating... lol

>> No.10961281

>>10961232
I'll be honest anon i struggled understanding that last half of the first paragraph, though just know I cling only so much as to wonder if this is really the last way i can possibly help her, by cutting all contact with her. I am naturally a person who secludes himself, more of a watcher/listener. I only actually open up when i really get close to someone or when im trying to understand something, so although me leaving her really kills me, deep down i know i can move on from this, i have no problem being alone. To me doing whats right and benficial to both me and her is most important. If the truth is that there is no help for her and any further involvement means im going to fuck my own life then im not going to let it happen. People come and go, I just hope it doesnt have to end the way i think it does.

>> No.10961299

>>10961250
An advanced expert system could, no one is claiming to have to replicate anything esoteric or high complexity. Your insipid concerns don’t trouble me, its the debased manner of writing that you brought out from the others with this subject ad catalyst, I am purely revolted by your diction

>> No.10961303

>>10958796
I fucking hate working

>> No.10961321

>>10961231
you shouldnt just break off communication, but if you want to, you should at least tell her you will not be talking to her for some time, and write her a nice letter: not like "you fucking dumb bitch druggie worthless whore I hate you"

but like

"the only reason I ever said any of what I said is because I truly deeply love you and care about you, I know how you are feeling, how hard the world is, how much thats expected, how boring it can be, how fun and easy and carefree drugs and men can be, but you are not invincible, everyone thinks they are when they are your age, and when they all hear this they still think not them, this will catch up to you, I will show you many pictures of 35 year old crackwhores and methheads, and women in jail beaten by their druggie boyfriend."

Use things we mentioned in our convo in the letter, like your understanding of her wanting to escape and what you ay hear about admit shes thrill seeker.

That that guy likely will not always treat her right, and to truly think of how she would feel if he was with other girls, or eventually ditched her.

>> No.10961330

>>10961218
>The lesbian told me that my friend was giving her all the signs like she did every other time they met and then afterwards just keeps giving her the cold shoulder leaving her confused.
yeah the lesbian needs to learn those werent the signs of marriage vows, but the signs of a sexy horny night romp of drug addled blurry fun

>> No.10961350

>>10961299
If you truly believe any form of AI system could directly respond accurately and efficiently to multiple people at once in this much detail then you have little knowledge of the subject and capabilities of current standards of AI. If you think my situation is insipid or a waste of space on a Speak-your-mind thread then you must not understand the purpose of these common threads and you must be new. If you're "upset" at people honestly expressing thoughts and feelings just because they're not "using your preferred diction" then you're either shitposting or an actual autist. I believe, and really hope for your sake, it's the former anon.

>> No.10961361

>>10961281
>>10961321
about the letter, I feel I should specifiy dont make it only a single copy printed on paper in case it gets lost or something, maybe type it up and print it and get it to her, maybe your texts and in person words quickly pass away, but if she had a real detailing of all the truth of her situation in paper, it could be powerful

>> No.10961364

>>10961281
How long have you known her? And have you ever been romantic with her?

>> No.10961369

I'm about to order a pizza. But what's the psychoanalytical implication?

>> No.10961373

>>10961234
you should let me live there for free

>> No.10961378

>>10961321
>>10961231
That there are places in the world that can help her and people in the world that can treat her right and good, that she deserves to find a place she can be and feel healthy and happy and belong and live a good life. Ask her if she has any plans, 5 year plan, where she might see herself in 5 years.

>> No.10961383

>>10961321
I'm really doing this under the assumption that we're not going to actually permanently break of communication, and yeah actually the whole way this thing started was actually from me writing something similar to something you wrote although probably less supportive to be honest. I was just saying things like we all love you, we want to see you grow and flourish, if you keep going for him youll be a fuck up like him, things like that but written better and more personal/in greater detail, and during it she just deleted me because she said if i cant handle her coping mechanisms i should just leave/shouldnt be her friend. Then i blocked her on everything, she kept calling me saying to please unblock and why did i block her and the last thing i told her was "I'll unblock you when you actually try to change" and then she just hung up on me. The fact that she ran away from both conversations instead of actually talking was pretty upsetting but whatever. I dont think this is going to be permanent. I've tried being much nicer and supportive like in your suggestion in the past but trust me it doesnt mean anything, it only shows that i care and she knows that already but it wont actually make her want to change.

>> No.10961386

Can aynone post some cuties?

>> No.10961398

>>10961350
you’re assuming much, the AI could easily do this as people already accidentally have conversations with chatbots on 4chan. ive posted here for over two years and am well aware of what these threads amount to. autism is something ive yet to see proven, much like schizophrenia, and whether (You) think its real does not concern me. Your petty interpersonal problems could be expressed in a manner becoming of the sapience you’ve been gifted with anon. The point is thus, when this kind of little people babbling is allowed to fester it only encourages degraded signs, degenerated thought patterns and rote speech functions to flourish. Im insulted because you invite pestilence into my domain, not because you’re a vapid normalfag slave.

>> No.10961402

>>10961361
>>10961378
I'll cosider the letter, thanks anon. Maybe if we still havent spoken in a long time i write her up a letter or something on her birthday since it's in a few months it could be impactful. I'll think about this more.

>> No.10961411

>>10961383
Ok yeah, well you did good and the right thing, but maybe it was a tad demeaning and patronizing on one hand, and on the other hand stooping down to her level by being dramatic and mimicking some reality tv show she probably felt like a badgurl celebrity, like 'oh this is the part in the movie where this happens'

Like I said, a true, on paper letter, of the purest essence of all the related information, that she cannot just forget about in digi form, get all your feelings and these thoughts we discussed in their proper format, and then you can feel some closure that you did the most you can do on this chapter, short of turning her into authorities for upscale rehab.

>> No.10961412

>>10961398
Okay so it's confirmed you're just shitposting, understood.

>> No.10961437

>>10961402
no, literally, cover every angle: everything we talked about in the convo. That you know she doesnt take this seriously and thinks whatever, just wants freedom and pleasure, everything is fun and ok, invincible, doesnt care about her health or life, woe is me, tragedy is fun my life is a movie, im such a cool kid with my bad boy older boyfriend, etc. I deserve misery, I deserve endless fun, nothing bad will ever happen to me, because I have a pill that makes me feel good, the world is a dream, I will be 18 forever, yolo, live in the now, I will marry him and live happily ever after, I am a pretty girl so everything in my life will always be ok no matter what, there will always be a guy with money to take care of me and all I have to do is receive pleasure for it,

>> No.10961447

>>10961402
>>10961437
everything that I wrote, that she should go to an upscale rehab, that she should be shackled and made to work mellow labor on a farm tending to gardens and animals to become a human associated with glorious nature again, etc.

>> No.10961454

>>10961398
Please, whatever you do, please answer these questions:

What are some (multiple) topics you find interesting?

What are some things (multiple) you would rather be talking about in this thread?

>> No.10961460

>>10961412
>that which i cannot sublate into consensus reality is malice, insanity or absurdity
cognitive dissonance has a visceral biological correlate, when it reaches fever pitch, the skull feels as if its twisting itself in twain

>> No.10961564

>>10961460
why no answer this? >>10961454
We would love to have a classy well spoken discussion on any topic of your choice, but as of now, our poor diction contains interesting substance, and your rich diction is you exhibitionately twiddling your clit

>> No.10961691

I am smarter and wiser and better equipped to live a happy life than I ever have been in my life, but I am about to graduate from college and I have to begin making real decisions about my life and I am concerned that my efforts at saintliness and meaning-making and joyfully wholesome living will fail, and I will as such either fall into a perpetual depression or I will give up on high ideals and accept a soulless egoism. While I have a broad game plan as to what I will do with myself in the coming years, I am concerned that I will either fail to carry it out or that I will carry it out and it will be unsatisfying. Further, I am concerned that even if my gameplan works out fully and I find myself in a worthwhile, well-paying job that provides not only satisfaction but also security, I may nonetheless fail in other domains of healthy, wholesome living, from sleep hygiene to friendship to love to creative or otherwise intellectual endeavor, and as such still find myself unhappy for those failings, still living in an incomplete or insufficient way. I have decided that I am not as intelligent as I would like to be and am unlikely to be remembered (or even mocked) as philosophical and literary figures on this board are, and I additionally realize that even if I take the alternative route of laboring to improve the lives of others by direct involvement via a helping profession of some sort that may also be a waste of time and energy if you take a bird's eye view or existential lens. I am excited to escape from college and experience new things, but I am concerned that I will look back on my life from my deathbed and feel that I could've done better, especially because it appears to be a fundamental impossibility to ever do enough, as no matter how much good I do there is always an abstracted "better." But then, the perfect is the enemy of the good.

>> No.10961734

>>10961691
>While I have a broad game plan as to what I will do with myself in the coming years
> While I have a broad game plan as to what I will do with myself in the coming years
> While I have a broad game plan as to what I will do with myself in the coming years
>>10961564
sprinkling fine perfumes over a charnel house does little to stymie the putrefaction of the bodies nor does it remove the odor of decay permanently.

>> No.10961797

>>10961734
very interesting
>>10961454
>>10961564
3rd times a charm?
>I dont like what you guys are talking about and how you are talking about it!

Please, whatever you do, please answer these questions:

What are some (multiple) topics you find interesting?

What are some things (multiple) you would rather be talking about in this thread?

>ignores
>ignores
>_______
What would this say about you?

>> No.10961862

>>10958796
I'm gonna move to Japan but if I do there are no large breasts in my future. I'm trying to cope with that.

>> No.10961866

>>10961797
>What would this say about you?
Nothing, I only emanate basic thought patterns or speech sequences to interface with people online, little if any of the real me is allowed to walk freely in a place like this. I'd rather repress my own desires to provisionally take part in a debauceched, mutilating medium if only to bear witness to this dying world, than to offer up the inner world as an offering to the herd, which is what writers as a species do for their own satisfaction of the annihilation instinct.

What would make a better thread? One's that preserve the anonymity of the board and don't encourage self-pitying, colloquialisms, folk psychology and metronome thought. Anything that precludes libidinous or rapacious behavior, nothing that involves meme humor or current events, preferably threads that strictly abide by the principles of conduct laid out in the sticky, a tacit contract we all sign by posting here, which the mods no longer enforce, but those of us who understand its purpose still maintain even if in a futile effort to resurrect its power.

As for (You), I think you're mildly sociopathic and have the makings of some kind of institutionally installed personality disorder, are you bisexual or female?

>> No.10961885

>>10961866
What are your favorite books? Are you a writer, what are you working on?

>> No.10961898

I've fallen in love with Nasim and don't know what to do

>> No.10961915

>>10961373
hm where are you from? if you're a qt enfp /lit/ girl you can life with me

>> No.10961926

>>10961885
>what are your favorites
That's a grotesque thing to keep
>are you a writer
no

>> No.10961937
File: 643 KB, 960x1280, 1522603563409.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10961941

>>10958796
despite having all kinds of delicious and healthy foods in my house and only ~$50 in my checking account i'm gonna eat burger king for the fourth time in ten days

>> No.10961980

Why does the captcha look like some form of road recognition software aimed for self driving cars. Who is doing this? Why no one is talking about it?

>> No.10961985

>>10961980
I've been a little concerned recently. The smartcar killed someone after all...

Yeah it does seem a bit odd.

>> No.10961992

I've got some kind of fever right now and it's somewhat debilitating. I'm gonna try to grit my teeth through it, but god damn, I feel awful.

>> No.10961997

>>10961862
Small tits can be very cute anon

>> No.10962001

>>10961937
pretty

>> No.10962099
File: 203 KB, 325x529, 25475375.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruV4V5mPwW8
15:22

>> No.10962119

>>10961980
>he doesn’t know why we all have to do captchas and constantly have our phone cameras on, or gps or any other vision machine training aperture
oh anon..

>> No.10962207
File: 286 KB, 768x768, 1521774674574.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10962211
File: 492 KB, 1050x1950, 1522677661832.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10962446

Is reading patrician?

Even just reading anything?

>> No.10962456
File: 34 KB, 630x630, 209174_1 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10962207

>> No.10962495

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv0v0VCVgJ4
Why is she cute?

>> No.10962551

>>10962495
Aww she's pretty cool I would be her friend. What a nice gal.

>> No.10962558

>>10961898
Join the club.
>>>/wsg/2174768

>>10961980
Jewgle's been doing that with the captcha for years. They started doing stuff for military drones briefly but people freaked out because they kept getting captchas of "identify the people" in photos of soldiers jumping out of military helicopters and shit like that.

>> No.10962657
File: 131 KB, 629x1173, 1522966105300.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw people ask to borrow books from you then never read them/never give them back/give them back damaged
I can't trust normalfags with books.

>> No.10962677

>>10962558
Eric Schmidt, who ran Google for the Jew bros, who was deep state connected before they ever were, was the one who did all the government contracts and panopticon programming. Calling it Jewgle is pure ideology

>> No.10962729

>>10958899
20 years ago you could be yourself and have personal opinions that impacted nobody. At my last job I was concerned that if I ever so much as hinted that I think wearing lipstick and a dress doesn't automatically make a man into a real woman, I would have been fired or at least prevented from ever moving up or being treated with any sort of respect.

There are people right now working in all sorts of fields that are essentially forbidden from doing their jobs with the acknowledgement of facts. Oh you're a social worker and you've noticed that certain demographic groups sexually abuse their children more than others? Nope, can't talk about it.

Oh you're a college student and you've noticed that a lot of your rich classmates are white? Excellent! This is a terrible problem that must be addressed! What's that? Many of them are Jewish too? I honestly can't believe how antisemitic and bigoted you're being right now!!!

>> No.10962735

>>10958814
How did you end up on /lit/ then? (Not that I read books either.)

>> No.10962746

>>10958796
> be me
> want to kill self
> think of all the logical reasons not to do so
> but I'm sad
> decide not to do it
> only place to go from here is up
> lots of work to do
> feeling better though

>> No.10962762

>>10960841
>>10961029
>>10961095
Sounds like she needs to grow the fuck up. She sounds like an absolute baby. And a cunt too. Sorry you care about her but she really doesn't sound like a pleasant or even remotely interesting person. She sounds like a meme. Like a stereotype. I hate her so much and I hate you for even wasting your time and my time making me read and respond to any of this.

>> No.10962772

>>10962762
this is nice

>> No.10962773
File: 96 KB, 680x706, 1521273527873.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10962746
Good for you, bro.

>> No.10962776

>>10961941
At least go to Wendy's, man.

>> No.10962782
File: 120 KB, 675x1200, elena.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really hate sorting laundry and there's a huge fucking pile of it demanding sorting on my floor and I still haven't done any pushups today and I still haven't decided what's for dinner and I still need to finish To The Lighthouse but I'm not really enjoying it and I wonder why they took down those videos I liked on spankbang

>> No.10962784

I read 'Industrial Society and Its Future' recently. It didn't contain anything I didn't already know, but to see the truth so clearly and concisely articulated has eradicated the delusions I had subconsciously created to bear living in this society. I can see clearly now the future that awaits me, I'll be a fucking technician of some kind, I'll work 40 hours or more a week at some job I fucking hate, I'll come home to an empty apartment, I'll consume mass entertainment and swallow whatever drugs they prescribe me to keep me docile. Was a fulfilling communal life too much to ask for from this fucking universe? I guess so.

>> No.10962799

>>10958796
>Graduate from an ivey while slopping pigs to make ends meat
>Get my masters at another ivey, slop more pigs to feed myself and collect eggs in the mornings
>Meet the love of my life, also a chemistry major
>We get married and move out to a farm in rural connecticut, largely influenced by trancedentalists. Spend a not insignificant portion of iur lives slopping pigs to sustain ourselves
>Cheat on her with her boss at the dollar store
>We get divorced and sell out livestock, so jo more slopping pigs, not even for comfort
>Two years later, long after she moves out i find one of her old tampon boxes in which the bathroom. Break down crying because i miss her sdm.

>> No.10962819

>>10962799
I'm sorry to hear this. I'm not suggesting that you try and get her back. It's probably most likely not a good idea I don't think. But maybe you should apologize to her somehow, and let her know that you see what you did was wrong. Hopefully, this will catalyze a change in your outlook and allow you to continue a meaningful existence. You seem smart. Get out there. Stop wasting time.

>> No.10962833

i just mixed some coco in sour milk and drank too much. tummy rumbling ominously. wish me luck

>>10962784
>as a fulfilling communal life too much to ask for from this fucking universe?
most people have always been slaves

>>10962799
>>Cheat on her with her boss at the dollar store
tfw no dollar store boss gf

>> No.10962862
File: 56 KB, 640x736, 1522964835345.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10962735
Because I want to appreciate books.

I read for hours today. I want to adapt to literature.

>> No.10962866

>>10958813
My life would be significantly less interesting if it weren't for 4chan. I've been lurking here for almost a decade and it's fostered a critical spirit and a better sense of myself.

>> No.10962886

I started off with /m/ about ten years ago, but kept gravitating to /lit/.

/pol/tards bug me, though. Back in the day, they would've stuck to /b/. Which is the natural order of things. /b/tards like /b/ things.

I don't know why they're here. They don't read, they just react. Emotionally.

>> No.10962889

>>10958813
what are you a woman or something

>> No.10962928

The only comfort I get in life is shitposting.

>> No.10962943

>>10958814

Well if you're that desperate just listen to other people read them online.

>> No.10962981
File: 2.51 MB, 360x360, 1522299172423.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10958796

I want to write and draw something that has meaning to it and I've tried taking classes to improve both my art and writing. But I'm still shit (at least by 4chan standards) at drawing to the point where it seems my pencil has more of a say in the final product than I do. Nobody can understand anything I even say in a normal conversation without me having to repeat myself or break it down. The stuff I wrote for my classes also confused all the people in the class despite the fact that my proofreaders could understand what was going on completely.

I'm at a point where I don't know if it's me and some form of autism or normies just not being capable of grasping anything that isn't blatantly stated in bold lettering.

I lack control of what I say, write, and draw no matter how much practice I put into it.

It's like I'm in a bubble where no matter how hard I struggle to try to convey some form of idea nobody hears me.

>> No.10962988
File: 504 KB, 1200x1800, 1522771057240.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Reading honestly changed my life and I'm so mad I discovered it's power at 26 and not 14...

All those mistakes I made could have been avoided if I just read a book..

>> No.10962994

I've realised that my beliefs conflict with my lifestyle and I'm not sure what to do about it

>> No.10963002

>>10962988
Fuck I forgot the sauce for this do you have it

>> No.10963028

>>10963002
eee I don't...go to archive moe

>> No.10963032

>>10963002
http://nonsummerjack.com/2017/05/28/nonsummerjack-anubis-egyptian-god/
don't say I never do anything nice for you

>> No.10963048

It's been five years since I had a girlfriend, and I've done a lot of growing up since then, so I'm looking for someone new. However, due to circumstances outside my control, I'm currently going to school (college) with people mostly 5-6 years younger than me. So the girls all look like children to me, which is unattractive, and most of them are stupid as hell. I can't believe how truly alone I am in the world, aside from my very small family. I've made no friends, I have no money, and I'm losing faith in women in general because they all, even the ones I know and have known for many years, seem intent on dismantling the world I was taught to live and function in. I am getting fit (sort of skinny, but gaining muscle) to try to attract women, and it's just about all I can do. I'm not particularly charming, but I'm a kind and compassionate guy, and so none of my (admittedly few) good qualities get a chance to come through because I'm never in a situation where I can talk to a girl one on one. So my hope, which at this point is more like a fantasy, is to find an attractive young woman with compatibility who by a significant stroke of luck ends up in a situation where the only person nearby to talk to is me. At that point, maybe she would see something in me that I don't see, and she would want to spend time together. I so desperately want someone to love and be strong for, because I don't particularly like myself, and I feel that a good relationship might give me a purpose. I know how pathetic it sounds, but these are thoughts I bury very deep, and I know I'm not alone in doing so. I've had a rough couple of years where I thought I'd die at any moment, as a virgin, and that I'd never hold a girl and kiss her the way I did when I was nineteen. I was noble in my teens and still am. Girls make passes at me, but if I feel nothing for them, I avoid them in fear of hurting their feelings if I lose interest after the first date or two. I've had chances at getting laid, but because I never felt love for the girls, I never did it, to spare us both the pain. I just want God or fate or karma to meet me halfway on this one, even though I never abstained expecting some kind of cosmic reward. I just want to love and be loved.

>> No.10963085

>>10963048
Hey I feel somewhat similarly to you, and you actually sound a bit like me in the last few sentences. However, I would absolutely kill to be in college at my age with girls 5-6 years younger than me. You're in the jackpot. I had no idea how great it was to be surrounded by 15,000 18-22 year old women until I graduated. Now I'm surrounded only by middle aged coworkers.

>> No.10963123

holy shit i thought i sharted so i rushed home and then all i found was some ball sweat

>> No.10963128

>>10963048
>acting like 5 years difference matters between adults

you both grew up with the same technology and culture, its the same age

cleanse yourself of adolescent thinking

>> No.10963157

>>10963085
Yeah, I'm more fortunate now than I was before in regards to being around people in my daily life. I just have this feeling that nobody at my school is good for me. It's a community college (I'm switching to a legitimate university when I get my AA in a year or so), and most of the people here are really kind of dim and rough-looking.
I'm in two clubs, one of which only communicates through email (fuck this retarded modern and "convenient" world) and one of which is populated by people so dull and immature that it shocks me. They did a school-shooting drill together where one of them played the shooter and shot the rest with an airsoft gun, and they were all laughing about it without any irony or consideration for the gravity of what they were doing. I wasn't offended at all, I just felt like I had discovered that they were all truly stupid people. They're just odd to me, and their little hierarchy is baffling.
I'm not socially awkward, far from it in fact, and despite how it sounds, I don't expect a lot from people. I should be doing better than I'm doing. But my school is like a high school- there's just no socialization. People cringe away from each other's eye contact (not just mine) and the hallways are silent. Being young today is way less fun than it should be. Nobody seems to realize that they'll all be dead one day, so they plod along like I did in my teens, like they expect life to just start happening to them at some point in the near future. They're wrong about that. It doesn't work that way at all.

>> No.10963170

>>10962886
They're a cancer on every board.

>>10962866
I was almost computer illiterate before I started browsing 4chan, it's helped me to computer much better. The anti-spoonfeeding culture is nice.

>> No.10963177

>>10963128
It's hard to describe. I would agree if I was 25 and they were 20, but they're still teenagers. Part of it may just be that people are really immature, and that worries me more. I feel like I'm not much of a man myself. Never even owned my own car. I'm not experiencing the adulthood I was promised by tv, my parents, school, the world. But I get the feeling no one is. What happened?

>> No.10963231

there is no mistaking it, i am already dead - everything i could ever be capable of fades to nothing before my eyes - i am alive, undoubtedly, but gone forever, lost in irrelevancy before even taking the stage

>> No.10963252

Why is it so hard to do what should be trivial, what is trivial by every real standard.

>> No.10963266

>>10963032
>http://nonsummerjack.com/2017/05/28/nonsummerjack-anubis-egyptian-god/
damn I looked into this bitch, you can actually go out and fuck her? She's an online prostitute? That's some good shit my man.

>> No.10963280

>>10963177
to be fair u didnt hold up your end of the social contract and go to school straight out of high school and then do a vocation degree, dont get me wrong i feel u, i went through that, when i was growing up in the 90s it was like just get any degree and youre set with middle class life, and then in the 2000s that all got pulled out, but ive thought about it a lot and its ultimately my responsibility to get those things, america doesnt owe me a house in the suburbs and a wife, especially not after what a lazy shit ive been haha

>> No.10963283

>>10963266
I was reading in a different thread talking about her and some anon mentioned how he was addicted to online prostitutes and something about her seemed fishy, like her prices were too low, and she didn't seem to travel much, making it seem like she'd just take the money and leave you with nothing

>> No.10963297

>>10963252

i know write for prehistoric humans getting laid was like eating food, if youre alive your doing it, but now getting laid is like this herculean task that is just such a fuckin chore, but luckily we live in an age of porn communism where we can all fap as much as we need

>> No.10963302

>>10963297

I wasn't talking about getting laid. I don't care about getting laid.

>> No.10963310

>>10963302
well instead of being all mysterious just say whats on your mind instead of giving us a fucking riddle

>> No.10963397

>>10963280
I don't disagree. I would have gone to school at 18, in fact that was the plan. But it became literally impossible due to circumstances I couldn't control or even mitigate. I've never been able to exert even the most basic control over my life, and not for lack of initiative or courage. I'm a furnace of aspiration and motivation, but it does me no good when I can't use it. I just need an opportunity, and I won't sleep on it like so many people do.

>> No.10963420

>>10963397
going to college in your 20s really isnt old, there are probably more people your age than you expect, sometimes geeky dudes take coding gigs instead of school right away, some ppl go in the military, sometimes fags will try to make a go of a band or acting or someshit, etc and then get back to school late, doing an undergrad in your 30s or later sucks but if u take night and weekend classes the people are always old, and also if its a commuter oriented school with a lot of immigrants like a public school in a big city you will finds tons of people older than you, dont worry about it, you only feel old on those big suburban campuses with tons of dorms and shit

>> No.10963423

>>10963397
What are these mysterious circumstances you keep referencing without detail?

>> No.10963444
File: 234 KB, 399x394, 1406478579181.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i like to fuck turtles

>> No.10963460

>>10963444
>when you realize branches of the goverment are merely indipendant organizations that have the backing of military might that have money funneled directly into their pockets from the policed state.

>> No.10963464

>>10963420
Thanks, anon.

>>10963423
Not really mysterious, it's just hard to fully explain. I was born and raised in michigan, and when I was a teenager the automobile industry went belly-up there, so it became near impossible for me to get a job even flipping burgers because 40-50 year olds with 20-30 years of work experience were flooding the market looking for a job, any job. So both myself and my parents couldn't find good work. We spent almost ten years moving around the country numerous times, sometimes with less than a year between moves. I couldn't hold a job for long, I had other expenses, and even online school was a no-go. So my growth was, and remains, stunted.
The place I'm living now is more permanent, hence the classes, but now I'm just struggling to play catch up while all these 18 year olds around me are getting cars, getting married, and most of my old friends have children of their own. Shit fucks me up sometimes.

>> No.10963518

>>10962981
Yeah, normies are dumb, but you need to get inside their heads and figure out what will make them understand. This will improve your writing.

>> No.10963538
File: 47 KB, 645x968, brainlet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel stuck in my own body. Not in a transgender sort of way or in any way pertaining to identity, but to my capability. Throughout my life I have always had the desire to share my thoughts to others and be able to have conversations with the greats but it pains me to say I am a brainlet.

All I can do is parrot what others have said before me, never contribute to any conversation or collection of thoughts worth having. At times it feels fate has cosigned me to being an ineffectual and dim witted loser. Cannot debate, cannot reason, cannot into creativity, and I can barely get through a book. Just another internet pseudo intellectual

>> No.10963588

>>10963464
something like that happened to me, i graduated in may 08, the economy collapsed in september 08, and the rest is history

>> No.10963843
File: 1.76 MB, 650x364, 1517300252875.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10958951
>>10958927
God I hate capeshit SO FUCKING MUCH
All these DUMB fucking normies who parade Marvel shit around like it's the most incredible thing ever made. I just don't have the energy to be with people any more. I can't keep up a facade of interest when I'm with them.

>> No.10963876

>>10963538
I honestly believe you're fishing for compliments/support.

But you sound intelligent. Just try applying yourself more.

>> No.10964008

>>10963876
>I honestly believe you're fishing for compliments/support

I'm not dumb enough to try that on 4chan. I was just hoping to see if anyone else felt the same

>> No.10964273

when i look at you
oh i dont know whats real
once in a while
and you make me laugh

>> No.10964327

im tired
this whole wanting a gf sucks, because well i have had bad experiences and i sometimes think that being alone or in some sort of study is better than pain from that kind of stuff.
I thank /lit/ for getting me into books, I've read some of the things that you can say changed my life, not a lot but it did, it
>made me think

i don't want it to end, but i want it to get better. i hate a lot of shit. but i like a lot of things.

Reading history, people went through famines, war, and other shit, so i shouldn't be complaining, but then, they never had to go through this mental void im feeling. The had purpose, either to survive, to revolution, to accomplish, to unite, they had something. Im just here existing.

whatever.

>> No.10964343
File: 31 KB, 480x800, Black Jester.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

On my mind right now:

And so I see myself again, as a desperate voice. 3 am, 18 again, resting in the darkness of my room only having the tender care from the light of the anonymous board that doesn't care about me

Maybe that's why I feel so at home... i just want to move out. One way...

Or the other

>> No.10964411
File: 377 KB, 913x1200, dix1913_self-portrait.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10958813
pretty much this
I think this place saved me in a very strange way, it formed my very nature in a way that nothing else could. I had delved into the heart of pure chaotic hatred and came out unscathed and found nobility and peace within it. This website has really taught me to look past the worst in mankind to find the best pieces of his spirit. For my love of the worlds crudeness and absurdity comes from my love for all of 4chan, and of course my love for you, anon

>> No.10964430

>>10962889
it was gay but the anon aspect and being allowed to say nigger, steal and mind rape each other is a bright blessing in a horrible repressive society that's only going to grow dimmer with time

>> No.10964468

>>10964343
anonymous cares its just that it's short lived and hard to find

I wish I read more when I was 18 lol

>> No.10964485 [DELETED] 

>>10958813
/adv/ has saved more lives than the church and 8002738255 combined

>> No.10964506

>>10958813
/adv/ has saved more lives than the church and 8002738255 combined, I bet

>> No.10964514
File: 460 KB, 1415x1600, you.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It all ends with me and I don't want that responsibility anymore.

>> No.10964540

>>10964514
hahahahaha nigga just learn to live with yourself it aint that hard hahahahahahahaah

>> No.10964543
File: 62 KB, 550x652, 1519722547336.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

mods, why is this allowed and my "post your diary desu thread is not?

>> No.10964552

>>10964543
The mods here have brain damage.

>> No.10964559
File: 6 KB, 224x249, retardhelmet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10964552
who doesnt nowadays

>> No.10964563
File: 536 KB, 1000x829, 1519627953203.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10964540
Thats not my problem. My problem is knowing that when I die, all of this dies too. You and everyone else stops. That everything ive seen and done is no more. I dont want to be responsible for this world anymore. But theres nothing I can do, can I? Like a sand castle on the edge of the Atlantic, its inevitable. Itll all be washed away, and I cant do a thing about it.

If it was just me, id be ok. But its everything. and I cant stand that.

>> No.10964678
File: 58 KB, 397x765, 1765CB83-27C3-4B7D-A597-13FF1820CC08.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

College sucks
There’s no cool parties ( if there are I’m not getting told about them), the people here are psueds, and I thought I would be able to learn at my own pace rather than high school’s linear style. Instead it’s jus high school in maximum overdrive and now I’m swapped with a backlog of work
Failed the first semester, doing a lot better but now instead of trying to be a social butterfly I’ve become a hermit who waddles into the library or gym after class to try and self improve but have zero social interactions that are meaningful.
Also no one is hiring me and I’m poor

>> No.10964693
File: 150 KB, 519x508, kill me.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i am in two circles of friends, one of which is six people (including me), three of which have girlfriends (and have lost their virginity obviously). i'm not getting jealous but i'm getting very depressed because of it, because i could have lost it long ago had it not been for a brutal porn addiction that ive been trying to ditch for five years.
my addiction is so intense it has been the #1 source of sadness for the last five years, it has destroyed my willpower and probably my entire prefrontal cortex, it has made me jerk off so hard i get wounds on my dick, and it has given me erectile dysfunction. i've tried to quit so much but i just fucking can't, i havent gone longer than 10 days without porn in forever.
i'm seriously considering seeing a therapist but i don't know how that would help unless i get some magical medication or something.

>> No.10964695

>>10964563
Wow anon
I hate to be the on to tell you that your death means little in comparison to the universe, let alone human history
When we die the sun will still rise and set, and when we’re 6 feet under new anons will shitpost on this accursed site

>> No.10964699
File: 38 KB, 750x624, 1515890711951.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10964695
Not my sun.

>> No.10964754

>>10964693
Sorry to hear this anon. You'd be surprised how commitment to good therapist can get you out of what seems like a hopeless situation. Watch out for bad therapists though, they're weirdly plentiful.

>> No.10964773 [DELETED] 
File: 165 KB, 500x500, front.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The realisation that I spent my early 20s in an abysmal haze characterised by a full time job I kind of liked and bookended by a very casual drug habit and not realising I had it made cause now I have neither of those but science is telling me my adult brain is fully developed so that sense of "clean slate" slowly eases into my life; full sentences seem easier to form but this very subtle and undercurrent-of-a-feeling that the heavy cannabis stunted my development too the point that I really could be somewhere very different right now.

>> No.10964779 [DELETED] 

The realisation that I spent my early 20s in an abysmal haze characterised by a full time job I kind of liked
and bookended by a very casual drug habit and not realising I had it made
cause now I have neither of those but science is telling me my adult brain is fully developed
so that sense of "clean slate" slowly eases into my life; full sentences seem easier to form
but this very subtle and undercurrent-of-a-feeling that the heavy cannabis stunted my development
too the point that I really could be somewhere very different right now.

>> No.10964783

The realisation that I spent my early 20s in an abysmal haze characterised by a full time job I kind of liked
and bookended by a very casual drug habit and not realising I had it made
cause now I have neither of those but science is telling me my adult brain is fully developed
so that sense of "clean slate" slowly eases into my life; full sentences seem easier to form
but this very subtle and undercurrent-of-a-feeling that the heavy cannabis stunted my development
too the point that I really could be somewhere very different right now.

>> No.10964816

and again do i seek in the start menu
and move to the web browser
that window into a world
so different from the one outside the walls of my room
that digital fantasy, a sea of data
who now can face the bleak physical reality as a pilgrim
without the corresponding "other side"?
as two lovers, the asphalt and the internet
and the forests long forgotten
and we are stimulated by its images and sounds
electric defibrillators for the soul in a dry grey world

>> No.10964936

>>10958899
This is the way you percieve it because you are cynical and therefore assume everybody only has underhanded motivations for doing things. This attitude will destroy your life as you will be unable to meaningfully engage with anything, and dont understand it is actually possible to be positive.

>> No.10964985

I took shrooms yesterday. Bad ish trip. Now i dislike cities and how fake they are.

>> No.10965371
File: 11 KB, 200x204, 5144.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

why does everyone on this board rave about the 'Circe' chapter in Ulysses? I'm two thirds of the way through and its been such a fucking slog. i've loved the rest of the novel (expect Oxen which i don't understand the praise for either) but this chapter, whilst i can admit its very creative, is completely tedious. who the fuck wants to read dozens of pages about Bloom's domination fantasy? you get the gist of it after a short while but Joyce just keeps on going until you're completely sick of the whole concept. most of the fantasy sections of the book have been this way, they look like they were more fun to write than they are to read. when Joyce starts with wacky stuff like "He shot his bolt, I can tell you! Foot to foot, knee to knee, belly to belly, bubs to breast! He’s no eunuch. A shock of red hair he has sticking out of him behind like a furzebush!" then my eyes just glaze over and i wonder whats happened to the beautiful masterpiece that the novel was a couple of chapters ago.

someone explain the appeal of this to me.

>> No.10965438

>>10965371
I really enjoyed it when I imagined it as a staged play in a completely blackened stage and the voices and characters appear from out of the darkness, and seeing Bloom's anxieties really began to create a more full characterization.

The only chapter I didn't like was the Wandering Rocks.

>> No.10965450

>>10965438
Hmm that’s interesting. I don’t really enjoy reading plays so maybe that’s part of my problem. Wandering Rocks was actually one of the strongest chapters for me, I loved reading Joyce lavish attention on strangers for a few pages and then jump to another perspective - i think it’s done beautifully. What was your problem with it?

>> No.10966156

I want to read about cute pregnant women being cute and pregnant.

>> No.10966160

I just want a new set of problems in life. I'm tired of having to deal with the same bullshit every day.

>> No.10966216

>>10964563
yea I dont know how I got over death, but its something I no longer fear

good luck

>> No.10966254

>>10958927
>I left school that day sick.
jfc get over yourself, it's just a movie, just don't go see it

>> No.10966640

>>10961915
nyc
I have a cute /lit/ enfp gf

>> No.10966824
File: 421 KB, 1000x783, 1522918565974.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I hate when people want to change plans but won't tell you the reason why.
>Anon do you want to go to so and so's today?
>We already agreed to go there tomorrow, we talked about this two days ago.
>Hours pass
>Anon the weather will be bad tomorrow, can we go today in case we have to cut the visit short and leave early? Also I don't want to leave right now, probably in about an hour.
Why the fuck didn't you say that in the first place? I could've been packed for an overnight stay and been there by now.

>> No.10966852

I need more books on man-to-man, also:
>how do I tell my gf?

>> No.10966868

>>10966852
>I'm gay, goodbye forever.

>> No.10966872

>>10966824
fuck off you fucking faggot, this is exactly why im so ruthless towards people in these threads you deserve hellfire

>> No.10966883

>>10966824
did you text instead of call? and complain about urgency and miscommunication

>> No.10966887

>>10958796
this board is so fucking awful before evening time on the west coast, why is this?

>> No.10966935

TFW NO THINSPO GOTH QT GF

>> No.10966963

I can't stop thinking about my ex gf even tho I'm happy with my new gf, I don't have a job, I don't have a reason to live, maybe I'll find myself a reason to die, I'm totally hook with the Illiad, Stoicism and Communist works.
I can't stop reading and I can't sleep, I told my psychiatris everything was alright.

>> No.10966984

>>10966963
tell him the truth next time then

>> No.10966995

>>10966984
she will just give me more drugs, I dont want that

>> No.10967001

Been thinking and turning about this have been studying haiku for the last few months. What do you guys think of my poem?

Hot chicken
Tell me what you're missin'
Kissin' on a man
While I'm workin' in the kitchen

>> No.10967565
File: 299 KB, 456x647, 24565472457.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10967579

>>10967001
My Russian friend would always confuse the words chicken and kitchen

>> No.10967690
File: 339 KB, 552x560, 56757375673.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MPOPKdKmuk

>> No.10968018
File: 137 KB, 1080x1116, 1523060856863.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10968070

>>10962994
>Change beliefs
>Change lifestyle
>Change your perception of lifestyle

Choose one

>> No.10968074

>>10964985
yeah psychadelics have a tendency to put u in the hippy mindset

>> No.10968081

>>10964783
yeah weed is not as bad as the government says but that doesnt mean its good for you

>> No.10968241

I like to curl up in bed and have conversations with myself

>> No.10968249

>>10964985
I took them about a month ago. Went from a very positive spiritual experience into complete hell really fast. I'm only starting to realign myself with life now. They are a powerful substance.

>> No.10968259

>>10968241
You might be insane but that's pretty cosy.

>> No.10968307

>>10968249
yeah, it can be the difference between gently smoothly slowly filling a bucket up with pristine pure fresh water as it politely overflows and invigorates and mystifies: and a 1000 dumptrucks of diarrhea into that little bucket a second for 5 hours

Take smaller amount than larger, and if have any extra take little extra if you feel you want more after an hour or so, but the magnitudes of severity are real, little differences are unimaginably massive. Rates of speed, reflection, repetition, forefront of the mind, pounded with itself, multiplicities of functions all uniquely novelly reacting and interacting, multiple thoughts at once, multiple awarenesses of multiple aspects of body at once, changing. Really gotta be in the right setting, right with your self severely, more than you think is possible, right people if that is possible, no negative things to dwell on.

>> No.10968356
File: 1.66 MB, 2296x3381, 1522958972877.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lHOYvIhLxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2VY33VXnrQ

back to back masterpieces 5 and 6 (then 7 and 8 and 9 too)

>> No.10968648

I think we get exactly what we put into in terms of effort. A person bearing nothing and with none to offer to some goal will get nothing out. Sometimes, that point pierces me. I look at other people with their goals and dreams, and I have mine, but it is no good unless I work towards it as they might be. I could blame the weather. Summer-bound one day, and endlessly wet another. I wear my worn-out green hoodie jacket on those days, even though I know the thin fabric isn’t enough to keep my flesh from the drops. One could blame the weather for all sorts of things. She’s a harbinger of a bad grade in class. My mood is tied to the layer of clouds, or lack of, and, frankly, it’s a lazy cop-out for people who can’t seem to suffer another morning of cold toes and outgoing cold stares. I risk sounding like a downer, an insufferable cunt; however, this soul hopes for something other than a down-like feeling because every second I feel like my insides were dipped in ice water is a second that I loathe. Maybe my generation wasn’t meant to have a destiny, like the World-War II crowd, or maybe we’re a gaggle of 20 somethings that haven’t found it yet. At least soldiers know that they will either run into the riptide and die, or survive on the basis of their leader’s command. Starbucks baristas do not die with a sense of comfort that they fulfilled a profound duty.

>> No.10968671

ive been feeling really depressed lately so this weekend im just gonna go on a fucking weed bender. ive worked so much for the past week and its just super stressful plus i have to read a ton for uni plus my gf got mad at me for some dumb shit the other day and its fine now but we havent talked much since then. I think i need to be back on meds, i only really feel happy when im with my friends which im not right now because theyre dubbing me hence my posting

>> No.10968687

Someone recommend a good podcast for me

>> No.10968689
File: 86 KB, 600x388, 1511645943001.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

im 28 and never had anything but one night stands with grils. How the fuck does one form a relationship.

>> No.10968697

>>10968687
stuff you should know is okay
th official podcast is pretty funny and so is smuckers
>>10968689
honestly i have no fucking clue, i've tried everything and even when i had a gf we just drifted apart until we agreed to break up
idk how normies do it

>> No.10968727

>>10968689
you just have to talk to them like their your mom and you're their dad, idk how that really works i only do one night stands too

>> No.10968735

>>10968687
In Our Time or something from the BBC is p gud, u can torrent like a 1000 episodes off demonoid, the only other ones i know are software dev ones and even then i dont really listen to them

>> No.10968764

FUCK this cold weather bullshit its like winter outside

>> No.10968789

>>10968764
I’ve noticed too that people seem to be wearing less of their full winter regalia - perhaps as a form of personal protest against the weather. Yet of course, the spring only arrives after completely giving up hope that it will.

>> No.10968793

>>10968687
Cum Town

>> No.10968814
File: 86 KB, 640x585, 1509762235979.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10968789
hey that's a pretty good line anon

>> No.10968994

>>10958796
Lit is dumm tonite

>> No.10969062
File: 275 KB, 639x471, 3676573.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0gMGbWan_g

>> No.10969280
File: 1.43 MB, 245x200, 1522858312319.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10969310
File: 40 KB, 615x410, huxley.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10958796
that i will never be free

>> No.10969325 [DELETED] 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpf4xnKn2ng

>> No.10969355

>>10961202
I have a high school friend who purposefully does not capitalise the start of sentences when he messages from his phone.
Apparently it's the style on tinder, along with never sending anything other than jokes.

He sleeps with lots of women and insists that it's healthy, when I tell him it's not he says he worries I won't be able to hold a relationship because of my lack of experience and calls me a fundie Christian.
He recently ended a relationship with a girl he said he loved because he wanted to fuck more girls before he settled down with just one.
Additionally, he has depression and claims the only time he feels happy and like a real man is after sex.
He has the "just think happy thoughts" type of depression, he's constantly positive and scolds me whenever I'm critical, he always pretends he's happy even when he's obviously not.

I think positive thinking is horrible, along with the just world thinking which often comes attached.
Free expression is essential, it's OK to be angry or sad and sometime bad shit happens completely out of your control.
>>10958813
I think 4chan is a great opponent of positive and just world thinking, the anonymous format removes the social incentives for claiming everything's fair and good while removing the disincentives for really opening up and bitching about the things you hate.
I'm thankful that 4chan has helped me avoid the emotional pitfalls I've seen others fall into.

>> No.10969445

I saw a cockatoo today
I stood back and watched it
I admired it while others chased it
It flew away

>> No.10969447

i had a super pervy fap sesh and busted two nuts now im feeling kinda self-conscious

>> No.10969449
File: 29 KB, 444x352, 1522942943331.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>be you
>do noFap
>clean your room
>sort yourself out
>apply for job
>go to interview
>get job
>go to work
>do good work, Mr. Shekelstein keeps most of profits, gets richer
>25% of paycheck withheld for taxes
>taxes used by state & fed gov't to pretend the economy produces internal revenue
>fed gov't prints more money to support nigs, illegal mexicans, muslims, etc
>fed gov't continues bombing the shit out of countries, claiming to fight "war on terror"
>fed gov't continues training/arming "rebels" in mideast countries, who then become terrorists
>as fed gov't prints more and more fiat, the value of money goes down
>have to work harder and constantly "hustle" for more money due to this rapid inflation
>use part of paycheck to go buy stuff, get charged 10% sales tax
>buy groceries, no sales tax
>buy stuff online, no sales tax
>buy more stuff to signal my financial fitness to women
>work out, build a strong body even though i don't use it for combat or physical labor
>go meet women
>attract a woman
>date for months-years
>get married, expensive wedding
>have kids, give her stable home, car, new furniture
>she gets bored, fucks other men
>you find out, she demands a divorce
>years of court appearances, attorney fees, your children are traumatized by all this
>finally reach settlement
>judge decides you must pay spousal support and child support
>wife also gets the house
>wife raises children to be retarded, loathsome assholes
>wife continues to bang various men, including niggers, which further traumatizes your kids
>your daughter begins to date nigs
>your son is weakling who lacks strong father figure since you work all the time and only get partial custody
>you get depressed
>go to doctor, he tells you to see psychiatrist
>psychiatrist is jew; he prescribes you SSRIs
>SSRIs fuck your brain up
>finally kill yourself
>wife and children inherit everything you worked for
>gov't takes % estate tax
>your daughter becomes turbo-slut, does porn
>your son becomes a tranny

>> No.10969461

I feel distant from people in my life and that I care more about learning from long dead men than I do about talking to the people around me. I'm not doing a good job at taking care of my body and mind, evidence that I'm not as wise as I think I am.

>> No.10969466

>>10969449
You have disgusting fantasies

>> No.10969490

>>10968689
>im 28 and never had anything but one night stands with grils. How the fuck does one form a relationship.
I don't know but I'm going to guess the problem is more centered on actual flaws in morality and character and you should probably focus on becoming the human being you want to be before you try and form a relationship. Think about all the things you do that make you feel bad and stop doing them, think about all the external things that make you feel bad and think about why they make you feel bad, follow your conscience and never take short cuts or easy ways to success.

For example, you fuck up and end up damaging your neighbors mailbox.
>you could immediately go to your neighbor and offer to pay for a replacement.
>you could bet on them not having evidence or not being able to prove its you who wrecked it.

You should pick the former not because of any financial reasoning in the future, not because you hope to gain any favor or anything like that, but because you'll know you didn't betray someones trust. When you make bad decisions by taken advantage of people you might "get ahead" but those failures in character will haunt you forever. They degrade your self worth in the same way that making a commitment and then breaking it degrades your self worth. When you see people in porn that look like broken shells of human beings it's because of repeatedly making decisions they knew were wrong until they don't respect themselves anymore.

TLDR: You can't trust or respect people unless you are trustworthy and respect yourself. Not even hippie mumbo-jumbo shit, it's actually just a reality of the human brain.

>> No.10969492

>>10968687
rlm

>> No.10969503

>>10969449
>be you
>focus on developing body and finances
>neglect helping others
>get a shallow woman obsessed with attractiveness and wealth
>be surprised when shallow woman cheats

In this hypothetical situation why would you expect that displaying only fitness and wealth would attract anyone other than a shallow whore?
If you did volunteer work and tried to make the world a better place you could find a nice girl who feels the same way even if you can't give her a lavish wedding.

>> No.10969507

>>10969449
>be tony
>used to work on the docks
>union's been on strike
>down on his luck
>It's tough. So tough
>be Gina
>work the diner all day
>bring home my pay for love
>for love
>she says we've got to hold on to what we've got
>doesn't make a difference if we make it or not
>we got each other and that's a lot for love
>tfw we give it a shot

>> No.10969519
File: 52 KB, 400x204, beautifulanimation.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10958899
I have two young sons and trying to raise them right in a society this pathetic is a nightmare. I'm already noticing the effect all female nursery and primary teachers are having.

>> No.10969530

>>10969490
nice self-help shelf pablum

>> No.10969534
File: 137 KB, 871x917, 1515355402927.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10962746
If you are going to kill yourself... At least take as many with you as possible. Dying alone is a total waste.

>> No.10969546
File: 702 KB, 627x625, 1494449906358.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10958899
Fuck me dude i've noticed this too but didn't know how to formulate it as clearly as this
When i was trying to help a girl i know who was complaining about how her parents want her to stay home but she wanted to go to college elsewhere, she just started listing the risks of going abroad to college. I finally told her that she was wallowing in self pity and needed to take the risk but then she got mad and walked away. When you finally confront them on something that they can't deny they have no their option then to escape and ignore you, which is very rude

>> No.10969575

>>10969546
your making this up but if youre not, you don't know how hard it is to be potentialy a youngish girl and disobey your parents like that, even though seemingly the parents seem a bit crazy, unless abroad means europstan, in which case maybe the parents have some point not wanting their dumb little baby naive girl going across the ocean to get drunk and pass out in some alley 6000 miles away

>> No.10969588
File: 40 KB, 494x500, c56d5f3833bac83f5f1a83b6e6033821.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10969503
What fucking world are you living in anon?

>> No.10969590

>>10969575
nah she wanted to go to boston from new york city
everyone else was just saying how "oh man parents sure do suck" and just circle jerking her sadness. I didn't want to be rude like that so i just said that being upset about it isn't productive, and sometimes you have to go all in for your dreams

>> No.10969591

>>10969534
hello 16-year-old me

>> No.10969764 [DELETED] 

I’m trying to think of mysterious puzzles for a [fun] project I’m working on, but it’s tough to find the right balance of genuinely mystifying but also fair.

>> No.10969879

>>10962207
okay but she looks nice in this photo but picture her walking around the streets of your suburb. she got some ps2 level proportions and would mos likely have some lameass exaggeration to her reg body movements

>> No.10969888

>>10964699
terrifying image

>> No.10969948

>>10969888
The story is more horrific
Guy got nuked and survived for 83 days in constant pain and was tested on because medically assisted suicide was illegal
It’s really sad, until you learn the guy’s name. At that point it’s just really funny

>> No.10969953

>>10969948
yah i already knew that, thats why it was terrifying. his chromosomes where so fucked. Ouch

>> No.10970057

>>10968074
The first half was spent on a blanket in the grass, the second half of the trip Was a chaotic walk through the city and then the suburbs, very stressful and all. I really preferred the nature part

>> No.10970132

>>10969530
I don't own a single self help book. Unless you include classics as self help books.

>> No.10970217

>>10964678
What are you studying?

>> No.10970282
File: 73 KB, 960x960, 3226182199.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This board's idiocy seems to have spiked again, I think I'm going to take a break.

>> No.10970322

>>10970282
Your logic is that idiocy on /lit/ will decline in your absence. It's almost as though there's a correlation there somewhere.

>> No.10970333

>>10970322
kek, not my thinking but I laughed.

>> No.10970694

Not even dreams spring in this barren town, I must get out.

>> No.10971084

>>10970694
Iktf

>> No.10971406
File: 319 KB, 803x688, Langaugegames.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10961866
What was meal time like for you growing up? Were you particular about foods? Did you have any allergies? What are you favourite metaphors for describing the world? How do you feel about germs? What is your view on self assessment in psychology? Give that your rule abiding character smacks of predictability, what cases would you say fit the parameters for rule breaking here, within the group, and what parameters fit for rule breaking that only effects you individually?

You don't have to answer these obviously. But I'd like for you think about them, but not from a critical point of view. Answer them after your reaction has settled into calm disdain so that it becomes nothing to you, so that you have power over it. Once you are in control, answer as openly as you can and tell no one the answers here unless you see why that might be helpful.

---

>> No.10971426

>>10970694
>>10971084
Iktf2

>> No.10971469
File: 206 KB, 380x364, Infans_Philosophicus_tres_agnoscit_patres,_ut_Orion.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10962886
I know it's a bit narcissistic, but I think I know why they're here. But then, you don't want to trust me too much. Hee hee hee. Trust me. Me me me. Faust so laut tea duh. Hee hee hee. Trustee. Tee hee, tee hee. Faust embroiled. Banked.

>> No.10971493

Hid like Laden
Bin thru shit like Sodom

>> No.10971494
File: 14 KB, 236x318, beckett.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10962981
Just force yourself into the practice of clarity. Make communicating to some other the higher good, more so than what you want to express. This way you force yourself to be judged and have any unhealthy narcissitic tendies catapotled benevolently into the obsidian castle on the jade mountain where none by some dare to go except on agony of dealing with splatter stained red gutpile peoplepillowed warcrafted heap ruin of glory, there.

>> No.10971611
File: 37 KB, 363x486, thrasymachus-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10964411
It is the total repression of hatred, the total monopoly against violence that sits directionless inside during adolescence, slowly be channelled towards some others aim in the disguise of justice. It is the wanton lust for autonomy just as a child plays roughly to learn their appendages, the unfixed hate and violence so repressed in the sexually inactive, so unchallenged in debates of higher values, so much a megalomaniac brother in an iron mask. To find a pit and a crowd, to enter the collosseum, to know the collosseum is beautiful, that it is beautiful because you are forced to play, to be a personae, and therefore to oppose, to hate. Learning to hate and to act out of this hate and then call it justice is difficult for all. That empathy is itself a form of violence is not well understood by many.

>> No.10971649

>>10969507
Ha!

>> No.10971652

How do i become more accepting of my own ideas?I dismiss everything right away.

>> No.10971726

I'm trying to learn Latin and I'm making some good progress on Rosetta Stone. Anyone have some tips on what I can do to supplement my learning? I was thinking of getting a Latin dictionary and reading that.

>> No.10971740
File: 1.76 MB, 2700x2450, 1502647039195.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10971745
File: 1012 KB, 1831x3200, 1518641791685.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Mind

>> No.10971749

>>10971726
sign up for a semester or two of latin at the local uni, saldy low cost community colleges probably only have "practical" language classes like "spanish for general contractors" or "arabic for federal agents" but the flagship campus of a state university in a well funded blue state will have it

>> No.10971753
File: 12 KB, 188x273, pyrrho.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

healthy dose

>> No.10971776
File: 32 KB, 600x399, pafdf7a842aee7969.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10958796
>write what's on your mind
feet
feet feet feet feet feet feet feet feet feet feet
it's pretty much all i've been thinking about all day

>> No.10971789

>>10971726
Reading a dictionary will do absolutely nothing for you, don't waste your time

>> No.10971798

>>10971789
but malcolm x read the dictionary and he was an intelligent black man

>> No.10971811

I want to learn NLP and how to read micro-expressions and body language because I’m habitually awkward, confrontational, and unpleasant

>> No.10971833

>>10971798
can't wait for the replies on this one lads

>> No.10971840

>>10971811
It's a good idea. It helps me pass as a human.

>> No.10971844

I want to kill every Anglo I fucking hate Anglo-Americans and the English language

>> No.10971878

>>10971811
>nlp
sure
why not learn tarot card reading and casting goats' entrails at the same time
try some homoeopathy too

>> No.10971931

>>10971878
I read a book on NLP in which the author applied his principles and the writing was very persuasive. I’ve also listened to practitioners speak and they sound very authoritative and articulate because of their word choice and intonation. it’s not a formalized scientific discipline but I think the techniques learned from books can be applied and honed through trial and error

>> No.10971977

>>10971844
then leave 4chan you retard

>> No.10972629

I'm loosing my feets, but I'll not touch any sky - I've already ascended till the point I met deities, but I feel they're all factice ones... Praising in me only what's liable to the joyful disembowelment of my still impossible flesh. It does'nt even mean I'm pure as a soul, yet I'm trapped in something which can't be myself, corrupting every act I dare to commit.

I'm everywhere like that. I've lost every place I've found for me and every instant I might have been enjoying, stucked in the realm this fucking appetized ambiguity of mine.

I'm trapped in between an aspiration to phantasize and another to despise what I'll do and be, and I don't know no escape. I'm sullenn, but not even able to feel despair bc I'm still moving - and erring - towards something I wish greater.

Actually it's never the case. I hate time.

>> No.10972703

Yesterday was a grey day. Was too damn cold too be outside picking up trash, and by the time we were done it started snowing. Today the clouds hid. I had to wear a hat on the Railroad Trail to shoo away the sun, and even then the asphalt was a mirror for the rays. The wind insistently threatened to steal my hat, though. A friend of mine said I was good with kids while watching me play around with another friend's baby brother. The child was attached to the idea of heroes- Spiderman, Power Rangers, and now, TMNT. Kept trying to smack his sister's beige coat, but she smacked back playfully, and he started sobbing like kids do. He went to me and pulled on my slacks, told me to pick him up and that he's getting bigger and stronger and I held him as he twiddled with my glasses. Called me an old man, and tried my glasses on. I guess 19 is archaic for a 4 year old. I told my friend I hated kids.

>> No.10973315

>>10966883
I was going with a lesbian couple. I talked to Girl A face-to-face and made the arrangements to go to the location on Sunday. Girl B showed up at my house on Saturday and woke me up to ask if we could go that day instead. Told her that I'd already made the plans to go on Sunday with Girl A two days prior and that she should've been told that already. Girl B provided no explanation as to why she wanted to leave on Saturday and said "okay" and left. Several hours later, Girl A called me talking about how the weather is supposed to be bad on Sunday and we should leave on Saturday instead.

The weather was fine, by the way.

>> No.10973328

My dad gets drunk every evening and my mom is a hoarder. They're divorced. Neither of them read or really care about anything in the world. No ambition. No goals. One just wants to drink and the other just wants to be surrounded by junk. I have very little money and I want to leave this town. My friends don't understand me. I don't really care.