[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 67 KB, 410x599, 410px-BodhidharmaYoshitoshi1887.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10760101 No.10760101 [Reply] [Original]

I don't see a fundamental difference from how the texts of Stoicism, Pyhrronic skepticism, Cynicism, Buddhism, Vendanta, Taosim, and Sufism teach you how to deal with day to day life.

Do I really have to call myself one of these things and regularly create dick-measuring threads with people on chans who call me a soy eating cuck when I make posts about them?

Is there a text that bridges both ancient western and eastern thought that I can to provide me the peace I need to finally leave /lit/?

>> No.10760109

Holy shit this is the greatest shitpost of all time

>/saved/

>> No.10760160

>>10760109
Yeah, it's really good like, i ain't even mad

>> No.10760221

>>10760101
>Is there a text that bridges both ancient western and eastern thought that I can to provide me the peace I need to finally leave /lit/?
Well, in my opinion there is, one which bridges not only those two, but also all the philosophies and religions you've talked about. It's pretty much Gurdjieff's philosophy, best summed up for a beginner in Ouspensky's The Fourthy Way. In this terminology, the common thing you've probably found between all systems (being detached from external events, to put it as broadly and quickly as possible) is designated under various terms like externally considering (other people), not internally considering (other people), not identifying (with outer as well as inner events), and self-observation, all of which fall under the umbrella of self-remembering.

>> No.10760257
File: 39 KB, 324x500, 51+DZAKR1PL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10760101

Ass Goblins of Auschwitz

>> No.10760268

>>10760101
you're looking for the transcendent yet fully empirically proven wisdom of Sam Harris anon. He solves all earlier philosophical confusions by grounding his worldview in sound scientific princicples, verified by evidence.

>> No.10760283

>>10760268
kek, high-quality shitpost

>> No.10760321

I can't speak to all those, but Stoicism and Taoism are different right off. Stoicism preaches endurance of hardship while Taoism recommends avoidance of hardship altogether. Stoics did all they could to better the world with level-headed reason while the Taoist would say you can't understand the world, and all one can do is "do less and less each day until you do nothing, and nothing is left undone".