[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 53 KB, 600x400, 43766-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10603950 No.10603950 [Reply] [Original]

I recently read Breakfast of Champions and some of Vonnegut's short stories. Can anybody spoonfeed me a collection of his entire works because I think I am in love with this man?

>> No.10603996

Just read Breakfast of Champions, Cat's Cradle, Slaughterhouse V and Welcome to the monkeyhouse.

Monkeyhouse is short stories.

I used to go to HS with his adopted daughter. He's fucking hated her, I think because she was short, stupid and fat. He was just kinda mean to her. Every once in a while she'd have ppl to her house for dinner,, and I wudn't thar - but the people who were there (and this happened several times) said Kurt just mocked the shit outta her straight through dinner, but structured all his insults into roundabout backwards upside down FUCK YOU's that were juuuuuuust above her head.

So it was either mad funny or mad awkward, depending on whether or not you could fully appreciate the unreality of it all.

>> No.10604049

>>10603996
I would have easily gone to his house if I could have, she probably deserved that treatment if Vonnegut was doling it out

>> No.10604124

>>10604049
A close friend of mine did, she made it sound brutal. The tone of the evening along the lines of "Of all people, how did I end up with such a stupid daughter?" and a general recurring allusion to the irony of it all.
Kurt would spit rapid questions to his daughter that she didn't understand and laugh with or towards her peers(who were of mixed reactions).
Sometimes he ignored her reply to burst into laughter before she could finish. What an astounding prick, God bless the man.

I shoulda gone. I was a fuckwit in HS who missed out on a lot of shit because I simply didn't understand the relevance of it all at 18, 17. When a friend told me he'd passed I was pretty pissed at myself.

>> No.10604175
File: 806 KB, 1001x823, IMG_3463.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10604124
God bless his soul, honestly.