[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 32 KB, 294x450, 9780143105824.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10524593 No.10524593 [Reply] [Original]

There still a reading group? Secondary source reccs? I hear the qt journalist dialogues are useful

>> No.10524974

Bump

>> No.10525031

>>10524593
> the qt journalist dialogues are useful

Without a doubt. But keep in mind that part of that book was written by Parnet rather than Deleuze, although it seems pretty easy to guess who wrote what even though Parnet had a good grasp of philosophy, at least from what I can tell.

Negotiations also has some stuff that really helps understand D&G's cooperation. Not just the often mentioned Letter to a Harsh Critic, but also the latter part of the book with the interviews.

Also there's some stuff in the other compilations (Desert Islands, Two Regimes of Madness and Essays: Critical and Clinical) which were written by D&G or recorded off of their conferences together. For example the Desert Islands version of Five Propositions about Psychoanalysis (I think that's what it was called) differs from the Two Regimes version (Four Propoaitions about Psychoanalysis) which was a bootleg version iirc recorded from a conference and the latter text was much clearer as a result because of it since it lacked their creative writing style. Iirc (it's been a few years), that's the one with the hilarious part in which D&G were making fun of Freud's theories about oral sex and cow udders. There's also the very short text "Desiring Machines: what are they?" or something like that in Desert Islands which can be quite useful and link the concept explicitly to Marx.

>> No.10525043

>>10524593
>>10525031
I just realized that maybe you were referring to the filmed interviews, the Abecedaire, rather than Dialogues written by Deleuze and Parnet. Both are really useful. The Abecedaire can get a bit tedious at times, but the stuff about assemblages in there really clarify the concept.

>> No.10525759

>>10525031
Nice, thanks a lot
Also bump for one of you discordfags for an invite

>> No.10526201

>>10525759
https://discord.gg/vRmqyP

>> No.10526208

>>10526201
Yess thank you

>> No.10526236

>>10524593

I literally went to the university bookstore the other day and fell for the meme.

I literally sat down and compared the Penguin with the U of M copy (the two they had), in detail. They are 1-1 images of each other down to pagination, maybe one or two frontispiece pages missing but that's all. In both copies, the reproduction of the Lindner painting is very poor.

It also gave me occasion to look up Richard Lindner, and once I got going on it I instantly recognized his weird old ugly semi-kinky 70s paintings which I remembered from my mom's old art book. No wonder D&G liked his stuff.

I joined the discord twice and asked what edition (before I figured out for myself the above, that for an English reader there's really just the one edition). I also appreciate the things that have been said on this website about how this site's format is absolutely perfect for long-form discussion of a book, something that not everyone immediately appreciates.

If there's something official going on I now have an interest though I'm by-definition back a chapter or three. But other anons have insisted that there only be a /lit/-only book group, a sentiment I share. Shall we subvert what was attempted and do our own /lit/ only book group, resetting soon with the meme, anons? I'm game.

I am namefigging because I want to know if there at least three or four others who actually have a long-form /lit/ interest here in actually doing it. If not then it's not worth doing.