[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 634 KB, 2290x1200, Apocalypse_vasnetsov.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10459782 No.10459782 [Reply] [Original]

i hate the bible, but im not an atheist.

its just dry ya dig

however when it hits a high note aesthetically im like fuuuggg

in revelations the four horsemen = pure kino
its the wrathful righteousness manifest of the meek and their lord

for instance:
>Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
>Irenaeus, an influential Christian theologian of the 2nd century, was among the first to interpret this Horseman as Christ himself, his white horse representing the successful spread of the gospel.
>The second Horseman may represent civil war as opposed to the war of conquest that the first Horseman is sometimes said to bring.[3][20] Other commentators have suggested that it might also represent the persecution of Christians.

and holy shit get ready

>When He broke the third seal, I heard the third living creature saying, “Come.” I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not damage the oil and the wine.”

—Revelation 6:5-6

>> No.10461164

>>10459782
>“A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; but do not damage the oil and the wine.”

I don't get it.