[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 78 KB, 500x332, sculptor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10428295 No.10428295 [Reply] [Original]

Sometimes, in winter, he took long hot showers. The heavy vapor would collect in the cubeish bathroom until he breathed steam, at whiles causing his nose to bleed. It always came in the corner of a glance, dark like a curl of his wet hair, then bright red like a firework on the tile floor. He thought, “I should write about the nosebleeds and the wet hair.”

“Many times a day, I have thought to write a thought or two in brief, yet always unconnected the one to the other, the rambling aphorisms of which could not entertain a mule.”

“Neatly I cut one bit from another, or toss the whole lot of them into the bin of unlikely memory. It is as if I were a sculptor, hewing a rock into nothingness.”

He paused, pressing his fat, hairy buttcheeks against the cold tile wall of the shower. A question came:
“Continuing with this analogy, of a writer and a sculptor, what of the writer's block?”
“A sculptor that hews his rock into nothing, makes nothing.”

>> No.10428304
File: 157 KB, 1300x1019, sleeping-man-guy-passed-out-couch-arms-wrapped-around-pillow-35179436.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10428295
>writing about writing

>> No.10428340

>>10428295
Thanks, I'll steal this.