[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 10 KB, 236x230, 14123523423.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10380785 No.10380785[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>read 20 pages of war and peace last night and got to about page 405 out of 1000
>book is just ok so far
>suddenly have the realisation that the book may amount to nothing and isn't going anywhere and I'll get to the end and think, "So what?" and then look online and see the pseuds saying that the placement of commas had profound Hegelian significance and other bullshit about the tides of history and "Great men???"
>read 2 chapters of On The Origin Of Species this morning, including one titled Natural Selection
>feel happy reading a non translated book and one by a genuinely smart guy instead of a pseud philosopher or fiction writer
>feel happy that in the introduction he says he will take a swing at topics that still come up in /pol/ bait topics which was amusing
>feel happy reading "The Original Works" (Tm)
>but feel bad because the book is kind of boring and could be summarised in 20 pages at most
>feel bad because reading "The Original Works" (Tm) is pushed by pseuds who want to pretend that sitting in an armchair reading lots of pages is as intellectually worthwhile as taking a tough university course or doing actual scientific or intellectual work- humanities has detached itself from actual intellectualism and its closest intellectual relative is mentally ill continental philosophy / leftism bullshit and one of their in-group signalling mechanisms is reading lots of books and pretending that this gives the same understanding or requires the same rigour or difficulty as the practice of science or anything that must make falsifiable predictions

Once I finish those two books I will stop reading for pseud cred. This feeling that I have to read a load of boring old books and pretend they were profound is like carrying a weight on my back 24/7

And related to this post, about 20 minutes ago I went in to the Trafalgar Square art gallery but when I saw the sign pointing to the main inner area with paintings by Michaelangelo and Raphael and so on I decided to not go in because to pretend I care or could appreciate or that the appreciation wasn't part of a pseudointellectual in group signalling competition would have been unbearably pseudy. I was so ashamed to even be there. The normies in there looked mostly like 99.9 % brainless subhuman frauds or just frauds.

>> No.10380851

>he doesn’t like simplicity in art
Just drop Tolstoy

>> No.10380863

>group signalling competition
and how exactly is this thread different?

>> No.10380900

>>10380785
>shitskin londonfrog calls others subhuman

>> No.10381443

>>10380785
Why don't you try writing your own book. Its lots of fun.

>> No.10381716

Bump

>> No.10381735

>>10380785
>This feeling that I have to read a load of boring old books and pretend they were profound is like carrying a weight on my back 24/7
go read Unbearable lightness of Being and Myth of Sisyphus

>> No.10381759

>>10380785
>t. STEMnigger thinks that he is above everything that doesn't involve maths
have fun with your great conversations about tv with your midwit 105 iq scientist friends at your biotech firm job that'll be automated in 20 years. I'll keep reading those "in-group signalling" continentals who touched the very core of human consciousness and came closer to an understanding of power systems than anyone in human history. Btw War and Peace isn't a good book, the Origin of Species is just for fun its not actually a good read, why not just read something stimulating like Spinoza's Ethics or Hume or Kant or Hegel?
>oh no I'm not going to get the cookie at the end like I do from my moobies
kys OP

and if you think these mewling little caterpillars on this god forsaken outpost have even the slightest idea of why certain literature is good and which literature is bad you're as big of a brainlet as the normalfags

Oh and you think you're above michaelangelo and Raphael because some people pervert pure art with commentary and intellectualizations? What a fucking joke, go paint me a portrait of yourself that looks even remotely respectable with no computers. Seriously go sculpt a statue of yourself with no modern machinery. You fucking dreck, you mincing nebbish pussy

>> No.10382339

>>10381759

>Hegel

Damn, you gave it away. Better luck next time