[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 53 KB, 427x640, 1371447158678.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10341083 No.10341083 [Reply] [Original]

It's not like it's going anywhere

>> No.10341088

Yes please do /lit/
I desperately need something to write about

>> No.10341089
File: 68 KB, 700x1048, 6b9cce8fdbe67022780ab470469a3f79--super-short-hairstyles-hairstyles-for-girls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what is that, a pixie cut for ants?

>> No.10341092

>>10341083
I meet this qt
I impregnate her
We have children and live a happy life

The end

>> No.10341162

>>10341083
Man has a customized qt fembot companion.
Man's friend becomes infatuated with pal's fembot , orders similar one of his own.
Man upset that fembot is no longer unique, turns her off and puts her in closet.
Man attempts to pursue relationships with actual human females, it doesn't go well.
Man's friend changes the look of his fembot on a whim.
Man retrieves his robo qt from the closet.
Happy end?

>> No.10341168

My autobiography is the only thing I'm really working on even in principle at the moment.

>> No.10341528

uber but for books

>> No.10341864

A woman discovers her husband has a diaper fetish. She becomes obsessed with the study of paraphilias and finds her calling in documenting the perverse. She decides to determine once and for all what the most morally repugnant kink is, to that end she investigates a number of disciplines and grows both emotionally and intellectually (this is the bulk of the book). Turns out it was coprophagia.

>> No.10342229

>>10341083
Who's that dyke anyway?

>> No.10342239

A utopic state untouched by the internet is suddenly brought online. Through the eyes of the MC we see the society collapse into degeneracy and despair.

>> No.10342255

>>10341528
Congratulations.youve invented the library.

>> No.10342350

>>10341083
nice try hollywood

>> No.10342356

>>10342229
Are you a dog? (White girls fuck dogs)

>> No.10342458

>>10341083
A teenaged boy is sent to live with his retired US Navy sailor father after his mother’s suicide. After a disastrous beginning filled with old grudges and culture shock, the boy finally comes to accept his father’s laizzez faire lifestyle and taste in exquisite, teenaged ladyboys.

>> No.10342633

A NEET discovers that he's actually an enormous, sentient tumor that has completely engulfed his 'host'.
The NEET/tumor's family wants to extricate the man trapped within.
This would result in the NEET's death.

Too melodramatic? Should I add some fart jokes for levity?

>> No.10342648

>>10342633
Sounds fun.
>fart jokes
It's up to you, but I wouldn't go overboard.

>> No.10342683

>>10341083
I'm writing a collection of short stories about a small midwestern town where a school shooting occurs and how it affects the community in the aftermath of the killings. The stories each deal with different themes such as how the survivors interpret the motives of the killer in different ways while containing small clues as to why he may have actually acted as he did. I know that the book probably won't go anywhere, but it's helping me get over the events in my life that inspired the plot, and I'm hoping that since the story is broken down into short stories maybe I can do something with one or two of them even if the whole thing doesn't work.

>> No.10342870

>>10342458
I hate you.

>> No.10342900

Set in the southeastern Oregon, the book opens with a couple leaving their motel with camping supplies to live off the wilderness in Rogue River national forest (after the guy reads about Zane Grey's original cabin as a boy). Tonally it'd be a comedy similar to the film Sideways, so we'd follow our helpless heroes through vineyards w/ wealthy retirees, a teenage girl they meet off an I-5 exit lane near Grants Pass who they temporarily adopt (before she runs away), and an old woman opiate addict who lives in a tent on the side of the river with her collection of her mothers' Hummel figurines.

Eventually they _do_ end up at Zane Grey's cabin but for [undetermined reason] they [life lesson, or is it?] and the book abruptly ends with some waffling about the human condition.

>> No.10342904

>>10342683
That's pretty cool, anon.

Best of luck.

>> No.10342944
File: 32 KB, 400x400, 1497197613459.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10341092
There's a bit in Infinite Jest where a recovering drug addict basically has an internal monologue where he states that every time he sees a pretty woman he has this fantasy in his head, only to realize a few seconds later that he is not nor will ever be husband material

>> No.10342973

>>10342900
I've literally done this. Kayaked/camped the Rogue River for days I mean. Let me know if you have any questions about the area

>> No.10343021

>>10342683
Working with multiple points of view always gets bonus points with me.

Not sure if you want advice on writing it, but I like the idea and want to help if I can. Take it or leave it, I guess.

A plot afterwards (like the shooter getting away at first, or his trial afterwards, or maybe both), with what you were talking about (with the people speculating the motive of the killer) tied in, seems a bit more structured and easier to work with than just the more loose speculation bits. Try connecting the stories with more than the shooting itself, with maybe some of them happening at the same time and affecting one another. You could use different character's different speculations to make them act, affecting other stories.

Not sure how much that helps, but you got a strong concept that I hope you actually do work on. Good luck on it, real talk.

>> No.10343035

Humanity is fighting a war against a rogue group of AI units. The book is written from the perspective of the AI. Eventually want to include post war shit of the AI units exploring space etc.

>> No.10343049

Magical realist chivalric romance that follows two cute, errant girls on a meandering quest to either change the world or escape from it.

>> No.10343065

>>10341083
The social norms associated with eating and fucking are reversed: it is taboo to eat in front of people, especially with family, you only eat with wife or significant other unless you’re a whore, you order sex acts at restaurant equivalents, sex is casual in public and in groups and there are 3 socially acceptable times to do it, breakfast lunch and dinner, the funny situations this sets up are countless and it really shines a light on how absurdly high our level of sexual repression has become

>> No.10343110
File: 44 KB, 352x512, 1496045214434.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10343049
Xena: Warrior Princess??

>> No.10343142

Character driven story, starting in the semi near future with a Patrick Bateman-esque guy who brainwashes and sells people to the very wealthy. In between the "genre" of the whole thing, there would detailed descriptions of things like the character using the technology of the day, and in general realistic representations of kind of rarely talked about aspects of people. Things like how when you do something often enough, no matter how extreme, the novelty wears off and all that's left are the nuanced pleasures and sources of anger within. It would be a dark comedy.

That or ditto a hikikomori vampire in a modern large city that finds an interest in becoming a normal person with a woman he notices. Dealing with trying to be a normal person and being underwhelmed and disillusioned when getting to know people. The persona he creates begins to unravel when faced with his true nature, he isn't sure if he really wants to be this person or if he just wants to do succeed at it, and in the end he kills her and goes back to normal; ending just as the book started.

>> No.10343151

>>10343110
Never seen it but will investigate. Am mainly taking inspiration from classic chivalric romance texts and anime.

>> No.10343153

>>10341083
>giv dyky gf

>> No.10343264

>>10343021
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not working on it at a super quick pace due to other obligations, but I try to write and edit for half an hour a day, which I figure is better than nothing. Since it's kind of slow going I haven't bothered to drag anyone else into it, and I figure it's not the best thing to do right now since there just isn't that much material to critique yet.

As for the actual story: I'm planning on having other things going on in the background, since it isn't just a story about a shooting, it's about a community, families, and individuals. I want to try some more experimental type writing styles for doing this as fiction, which is due to my going over documents related to the actual incident I was involved in and also my experience with academic research. (I'm interested in the idea of having some of the "stories" be faux research journal articles or police reports, etc., but I'm not sure how to do this and have it be congruent at the same time.)

The idea about the ambiguity of motive is something that's partially based in reality, but not entirely. In the actual incident there was a motive, but despite the motive being there members of our community still all saw in shooting what they wanted to see. To some people the massacre was chiefly a gun issue, to others it was mental health, to others it was misanthropy/misogyny, and so on. Part of what I wanted to capture what this sort of rorschach test of interpretations that occurred.

>> No.10343561

This is a really comfy thread, most fun I've had in ages on /lit/.
But it occurs to me after reading all these plots that we must be a sad, lonely lot.
So many NEET protags :(

>> No.10343644
File: 87 KB, 1366x768, air conditioning.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not a good writer, just a noob. Here's what I have so far in terms of a first attempt, I'm a bit drunk. Tear into me, lads. How do I get better

Every year, a ritual. A trek to a spiritual and ancient location, the path to reach it riddled with mortal peril which changes with each pass. The land rewards its visitors with no supernatural or incredible trophy, but simply a necessity. We make this journey because we must. And I am going again.

>> No.10343649

The concept is interesting, but your description made it sound gay.

>> No.10343654

Protagonist is the assistant of a prosecutor that doesn't seem to care, but is still very successful. They lose a very important case, and they were very sure that the defendant was guilty. Some time later, the guy ends up dead, and they need to figure out the killer here too.

In the end, the prosecutor actually cared, and was the killer all along.

>> No.10343668

A book about a locked room murder mystery. It is designed so that the reader is capable of solving it, but probably won't, with great twists and tricks.

>> No.10343708

I have three

>hypocritical lighthouse keeper on the isle of wight grapples with his past and what it means for his future. takes place over a slightly stressful day in the village he grew up in

>feudal priest gets bound to a tome by (((god))), with each sin in the immediate vicinity getting written into the book, weighing down his soul. he has to read past sins, and use that information to guide the town toward (((god)))'s image or risk being dragged to hell

>rap battling robots triangulate the location of a pirate radio station somewhere in the deserts of post apocalyptic earth. shenanigans ensue

>> No.10343726

>>10343708
Have you posted your last one before? It seems really familiar.

>> No.10343727

>>10343726
yeah I talked about it here before a couple of months ago iirc, it's still barely touched desu, but I still like the idea more than the other two.

>> No.10343738

>>10341083
Two highschoolers have a secret relationship while struggling with their fears of growing up.

Can't decide why they should make it secret, religious parents or the main girl is cheating on a current bf, but I don't think it matters all that much. It would be short. The point would be more to get experience making realistic characters and having a coherent plot rather than actually having anyone read it.

>> No.10343754

>>10343264
Not that other guy, but when I read the plot outline I instantly thought of the book happening in a church, with a priest giving a lecture to offer some spiritual release, with each character thinking back to their point of view and each focusing on a different part of his speech.

>> No.10343764

Currently wanting to write two short stories. One about the death of a gladiator and his views on honor and how he spent his life. The next is a bout a man who wears a pig mask and watches a family in a small town. After being held inside his entire life by his abusive father he doesn't understand how to communicate with other people so he just scares the family while not understanding. It culminates with his death at the hands of the sheriff and them finding his journal that reveals he just didn't understand.

>> No.10343989

>>10343764
Boo Radley 2: Dindu Boogaloo

>> No.10343994

I click random article on wkipedia until i come across some military campaign then plagiarise the events and add in a sexy assassin

>> No.10344009
File: 11 KB, 320x320, 1391547-zapp_brannigan_300x225.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10343994
Tell me more about this sexy assassin

>> No.10344055

a fictional account of the two Boer wars, in follows two familys through two generations ending with the british concentration camps etc. you catch the drift

>> No.10344075

>>10343764
write the gladiator one and post it here

>> No.10344086

>>10341083
>BE refrigerator
>Decide to kill
>Thaw chicken
>Realize it feels good, have dont it before - deja vu
>was plugged in before, in another place.
>must know the past
>no contents inside to know
>realize life is about killing and never knowing the truth

>Cold inside

>> No.10344097
File: 44 KB, 800x450, Aliens.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

First Contact goes really well, until people fuck it up

>> No.10344120

>>10343264
>but despite the motive being there members of our community still all saw in shooting what they wanted to see.

I like this

>> No.10344662

It's a collection of short stories focused on the relationship of two college girls, and it will be interspersed with poetry written by the two. I want it to reflect larger themes other than relationships though.

>> No.10344706

I started writing a story about a person who doesn't fit into society. The usual stuff - an outsider who is stuck in the middle of everyone, not really popular, not not obnoxious or hideous, just someone who is there. He has a normal life and a normal dog and a normal job. He also has some querky friends, and work colleagues - which there are pages of digressive passages a out their lives and their habits.

So the protagonist knows that he doesn't fit in, he feels like he is the only one and every one else is having such an easy time with life, or they don't seem to think about it so much.

I was writing the story and I got to a part when the protagonist wakes up in a sweat next to his normal wife at some unknown time of night. He gets out of bed and starts thinking that he is having a mid life crisis. And he is fine with it. He starts laughing. He goes back to work and is happy. He realises that he does fit in and that is it, he fits in because he doesn't fit in because he does fit in because he doesn't fit in because he does fit in, and on. This goes on for another chapter just to prove one of the Buddhist principles of enlightenment through repetition. The last chapter is a sermon read at his funeral by his children. They have no children of their own and he is dying as the last person on earth to have naturally be a parent. The human civilisation is dying, but the sermon is happy because his children realise that he was a good man and died before the worst came to pass.

>> No.10344762

>>10342683
We all know this is the best story idea on this thread.
Please finish it, Anon.

>> No.10345865

>>10344086
What the fuck lmao

>> No.10346803

>>10343264
I applaud you for keeping a steady pace. I was consistent with my writing for a good bit, right up until my computer broke and a few of my most recent chapters got lost. Since then I've been inconsistently spurting out chapters on my phone for the time being.

It's great that you have a real life incident to work with (great as in great that you can use it, not great as in it's great that it happened lol). There's a lot of inspiration to draw from that sort of stuff. And if you need help with elements such as writing from multiple perspectives, I have to point you to the age-old advice: read. I would suggest looking up books involving tragedy, or maybe just multiple perspectives. A really good example of both would be the non-fiction novel In Cold Blood. It's the story about two guys who run across the whole country from the cops after they massacre a whole family. It bounces between the guys and the cops, and it's through both perspectives that you slowly piece together how the incident happened and why they did it. A bit of an exposition dump in the beginning, but an excellent read through and through.

I don't got much else to offer you. Best of luck to ya.

>> No.10346821

>>10342944
Sounds like manic depression.

>> No.10346824

>>10344706
That's the worst idea in this thread, and I'm not saying this as an insult.
4/5 of the story sounds like a 16 year old's lecture on life, ending with 1/5 of a forced twist that isn't even interesting.

>> No.10346980

A mentally unstable college student stalks a girl she's in love with. As her obsession worsens, she finds out that the girl has a boyfriend, and falls in love with him also.

I wanted to write this for a long time now, even though I know the plot isn't that interesting really. I'm aiming for a character study kinda take and I'd like to experiment with a different style of writing, but who knows if I'm even going to begin working on the idea.

>> No.10347030

>>10343989
There was a Bloom County strip about thirty years ago where Tarantino wrote a sequel treatment to Mockingbird. Think they called it something like 'Boo2: Back in da Hood'. Opus lands a bit part. The last panel of the strip shows him covered in fake blood, looking all sad and distraught.

>> No.10347051

>>10347030
I didnt realize it was that close. It's been a while since I read TKAMB so maybe subconsciously I took it.

>> No.10347059

A man who has no motivation to do anything with his life is suddenly thrown into a fantasy world with magic, then he is kicked out because he wasn't actually meant to be there. Then he starts to become more and more radical and evil and ends up the antagonist of the story. It's about the human drive and what happens when something is take too far.

>> No.10347081

>>10347059
It said novel, not anime.

>> No.10347147

A boy meets a young male. The kid's about 8 and the man is about 20. They start to become friends because the boy wants to meet this young man. This kid has some problems in school, he doesnt want to do his homework and he is a bit lazy and wild. And the man is a NEET, depressed and has a problem with alcohol but he would like to offer his help for the kid. The kid thinks that the man is some kind of an adult (like kids see adults: they do adult things, are free and have money) and doesnt see that the man is a total failure in terms of education, work and social life.

Later it is revealed that these two people are the same person. The kid wants to become something, he doesnt fully understand the world but he is full of hope. The man has already failed and wants to see this kid (himself) become something better, something he never became

>> No.10347274

>>10347147
how do you "reveal" that though?

>> No.10347319

>>10347274
unsure if I will though. I probably wont finish the novel anyway. I just dont know if I can give enough hints to convince they are the same person

>> No.10347333

It is an expansion on the work of Aldous Huxley's Perennial Philosophy. It explains the cryptic undertones of the Gospel and synthesizes the history of Jesus with the ancient mysteries of mysticism. It explains the purpose of humanity, why the universe exists and what the future of all will be. It has a physical description of the mind of God and the soul. Also tries to prove the existence of God through abductive reasoning.

>> No.10347350

>>10347333
nice trips faggot

>> No.10347438

A man attempting to get out of mental disorders attempts various jobs in his search for his motive, only to end up with frustrations in the environments he ends up working, giving him a lack of control over his own anger as time and events pass by

>> No.10347468
File: 306 KB, 1334x2000, khmelnytsky52dc86ca-e186-438d-8423-bf2229ceef28_large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10341083
the eyes and nose on that woman make her look like an ape

I've got two ideas:
One is set in a quasi-historical Caucasus and Southern Russia and features parallel plots with a charismatic yet possibly insane Cossack captain, a young high-functioning autist man as narrator, and an intelligent but unstable dark slave girl on one hand (all three being sort of self-inserts), and the son of a recently dead king and his close circle dealing with internal and external issues on the other with the two plotlines eventually coming together. The themes it deals with include pride, purpose, legacy, family, betrayal, honor.

The other idea is basically the Russian civil war in space. Set in the near future in an alternative timeline where the Soviet Union never fell and America became a crypto-fascist military state, an American military journalist is sent aboard the new flagship of the Soviet space fleet in a publicity stunt amid growing tensions and fear of nuclear war on Earth as dwindling resources and separatist groups threaten to tear the two super powers apart. Soon after, the captain of the vessel purges his own crew and launches his nuclear arsenal on both sides, destroying Earth's space lift capabilities and beginning a new world war. The crew (with the remaining nukes) of the vessel must now try to unite the stranded American and Soviet bases and colonies on Moon, Mars and deep space while preventing the survived factions of Earth from retaliating against them or launching new space craft. Simultaneously on Earth, an American fighter pilot must decide where his loyalties lie as his family and nation come under threat on multiple fronts. On Mars, a separationist movement - which includes the pilot's brother - take advantage of the situation to become an independent colony.

>> No.10348049
File: 680 KB, 1920x1080, bsp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A man interested in the occult travels to China in order to further his study of ritualistic sex magic.
After have sex with a man for the first time on a beach, he summons his own ghost.
He must now find a way to reunite with his spirit before his death or face eternal nonexistence.

>> No.10348829

>>10341083
I'm working on a mix between Harry Potter and Stephen Kings IT. It's about an orphan boy getting a letter admitting him into a secret clown school for bi-sexual non-gender faggots.

>> No.10348849

>>10341083
A book writes an author with sounds, much to the chagrin of the rest of the book community.

>> No.10348866

A bildungsroman about a slightly fictionalized version of myself

>> No.10348926

A boy falls in love with a girl

>> No.10348941

>>10348926
FINDS

>> No.10348970

>>10348926
Unable to confess his feelings, he is gifted with a mystical mobile phone containing the girl's phone number.

>> No.10348987

>>10341162
So Her, but more interaction with other males?

>> No.10349024
File: 56 KB, 755x295, arcanum_thumb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I want to write a shitty steampunk-fantasy series inspired by Lord of the Rings, like that's never been done before. Difference is it's less goggles and gears and more based on traditional victorian values and race and class based conflict. It's mostly culture that's advanced, not technology, but it's still a high fantasy world, where the elements of it are uncomfortably trying to conform to this new modern era. I mostly draw inspiration from Arcanum and Discworld while giving it an expansive history and pantheon akin to LOTR.

I'm only doing it for my own pleasure really, and to entertain my younger cousin. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel or anything. Hopefully it goes somewhere. Likely not.

It's also a mix of every fantasy element I've come up with since I was young, involving forests full of little people made of pinecones and pinestraw.

>> No.10349031

1950s Central Asia. Kazakh's family's animals get "appropriated" by commie officer. Father and his twin sons decide to lead raid on provincial city supply distribution center. They get arrested and shipped to a gulag camp. One of the twins escapes and tries to gather rebel support against commie camps. Other twin witnesses death of the father in labor camp, swears vengeance. Lots of people die. Ivan Denisovitsj makes a cameo. Hunger. Cold. Commie officer brings in more and more Asians every day to work in factories. Rebels arrive and blow everything up. Commie officer kills one of the twins, other twin kills officer. Vengeance achieved, but everyone he loved is dead. Surviving twin scars his face in the same manner his brother's face was scarred. From now one, I am you and you are me.
Return to gulag, which is now a wrecked free-state but everyone knows that's not gonna last. Some idealists try to set up a republic. It's the middle of the fucking Siberian winter. Everybody's starving. Spring comes and commies are sending tanks. Everybody gets the fuck out. Twin has nowhere to go, decides to chase the rebels west as there's probably some of his people still among them. Takes a Russian girl with him. She tells him she was the sex pet of the commie officer that killed his father and took their animals. Fuck. They travel west and south. Ice desert turns into regular desert, along the Silk Road. Ancient beauty destroyed by modernity and communism. She's pregnant with the commie officer's baby. Fuck fuck. They arrive in Kirghyzia. Kyrghiz light makes him mad: he kills the child and leaves her to die. He goes on, alone, to find his people. He finds some lazy wretched fucks somewhere in the Uzbek desert. Bund of old poor fuckers. They speak his language. Some of them seem to recognize him. His girl shows up again. He asks to be forgiven and they make love. The poor people they are now living among are actually the rebels. He asks if they were defeated by the commies, or deported to this shithole. No, they were just stupid. The desert wrung them like a towel.

>> No.10349039

Jai pense avec un robote enneuyeux pour le baile

>> No.10349133

>>10348987
Shit. I never saw Her.
Truth be told, the story is based on an actual case of waifu envy I observed in my small circle of autistic friends.
Plastic statues of busty anime girls rather than robots tho.

>> No.10349430
File: 140 KB, 595x673, salvationarmy_brothersharp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>a rich man intends to commit suicide
>he wants to do this by challenging homeless people to a fight to the death, their prize being all of his wealth
>the homeless eventually unite to protect themselves led by the de facto homeless king
>as this continues the police eventually put together that there is a serial killer targeting the homeless
>in light of this the public are divided, there are those who think the killer is a hero for dealing with the homeless problem, and those who want to see him punished
>charities for the homeless see a spike in donations, with the increased food and kings training they gradually become swole
>some vigilantes also pose as homeless people hoping for the killer to come
>however they end up contesting with copycat killers who believe in the protagonists "cause"
>the police are inching ever closer to our main character
>his battles are becoming much more difficult as he fights vigilantes and homeless now muscled and trained in martial arts
>eventually the situation escalates and reaches the point that the nation is plunged into civil war
>the two factions collide and the war reaches a fever pitch, our protagonists identity as the killer is revealed inadvertently
>now a reluctant leader, he faces his final deathmatch against the homeless king in the wars climax

>> No.10349457

>>10349430
that's fucking ridiculous and you should actually write it

>> No.10349500

A novel about a young guy in 9th century Sweden that goes on a trading journey with a merchant to Constantinople. There he befriends Basil the Macedonian and is involved in the plot to overthrow Emperor Michael "The Drunkard." Then he becomes one of the first Varangian guards. Basically a journey story for the getting to Constantinople on a boat part and an action/intrigue story once in Byzantium.

>> No.10349519

>>10343065
>we are such a sexually repressed culture
>even though we can get porn at any time, you can fuck any slut at will as long as your standards are low, slutwalks are a regular occurence, and Rachel Bloom sang a song about vaginas and fleshlights to a crowd of children on a show about "Science"

>> No.10349576

>>10348941
A WAY
still can't believe shinkai did it and made AMOTY

>> No.10349581
File: 28 KB, 613x533, 9f9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10349430

>> No.10349594

>>10341083
Fuck you I've written a good amount of first draft. The only place it's never going is onto shelves because publishers don't exist.

>> No.10349605

>>10341083
Writing my experiences as a slumlord in a quasi-fictional account in the same vein as Stephen Leacock. Been collecting material for months, stringing it along in a narrative is going to be fun.

>> No.10349611

>>10349500
marcus?

>> No.10349620

>>10349611
Who?

>> No.10349979

A bunch of neoliberals embark on a start-up, burning-man inspired sea-steading adventure with the idea that "a bunch of smart people in a room will produce something great". They use equity as currency. Class divisions start to form. Slums form in the datacenters with people living in server cages. A data scientist starts to study the occult and goes insane, thinking that he has conjured a sentient AI. One of the principle investors comes to visit with a team of economists that start performing ritualistic murders. The flotilla goes insane but makes mad money offering "entrepeneurship as a service". The world becomes more peaceful as the flotilla becomes a kind of voluntary prison for the overly ambitious.

Main Chars:

Data scientist. Starts getting into the occult as part of a joke "bad ad-hoc hypothesis" tournament. Has prophetic dreams. Turns into deaf-mute oracle who "channels" the AI.

Manager. Very social, alpha over-achiever. The data scientists's boss. Brings his erratic behavior to the attention of the investor.

Investor. the one character to enter or exit the flotilla. From saudi arabia. Brings with him a horde of european economist consultants.

Artist. Ambromovic performance artist they brought on board. Known for being weird, but also the voice of reason. Antagonist to the data-scientist.

Programmer. Autist chinese wunderkin programmer who is the defacto-leader of the slum-dwellers.

I kinda wanna do a sprawling story with many characters, each chapter told from a different POV. I spend more time world-building and figuring out how characters relate to each other than actually writing it.

>>10344086
I kinda wanna throw in the refrigerator as a character too.

>> No.10350026

>>10348049
I like this.

Where is the man from?
What is his sex-life like before the trip to China?
Was the beach sex an occult practice or something that "just happened"?
What is his motivation to avoid non-existance?

I take it that the summoning of the ghost is the act that cleaves his body and spirit into two?

>> No.10350172

>>10349979
I'd read it

>> No.10350182
File: 213 KB, 597x615, 1509599805284.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10341083
I've got some ideas but they lack structure. /lit/ what is the most generic plot staring a lonely male protagonist that you can think of?

>> No.10350287

>>10346821
Sounds like my diary desu

>> No.10350561

>>10350182
Anime plots.
>discover ability
>suddenly become the hero fish out of water
>compliment a girl once so every female wants the MC cock
>ends with him settling with his waifu and beating the bad guys

>> No.10350610

>>10346980
Maybe two mentally unstable students that both fall for the opposite sex of the same couple.

They fall in love trying to work together to break apart the couple.

>> No.10350630

>>10342944
DELET

>> No.10350721
File: 89 KB, 576x768, 9mjci.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10347468
>a charismatic yet possibly insane Cossack captain
>a young high-functioning autist man
>an intelligent but unstable dark slave girl
>(all three being sort of self-inserts)
lol@how interesting you think you are

>> No.10350750

>>10350721
Why so mean. You don't know him.

>> No.10350805

>>10350750
why so protective? you don't know him.

>> No.10350893

>>10350561
>discover ability
alienating women
>suddenly become the hero fish out of water
Meteoric rise to fame amongst misogynistic, housebound keyboard warriors
>compliment a girl once so every female wants the MC cock
Inadvertently attract a harem of effete young "men" of a conservative bent
>ends with him settling down with his waifu and beating the bad guys
ass is ass

>> No.10350941

>>10341083
-An incestuous relationship between father and daughter that starts when she's extremely young and continues for over a decade, completely consensual and they both love it, and it affects her in adulthood in a variety of ways but in the end she still loves him.
>Got the idea from a conversation I had with someone online who claimed that the whole thing was true and from her own childhood

-Child support laws change so that it's COMPLETELY up to the father whether he wishes to support the children or not. Three sets of parents are followed. One, a woman who tricked a rich guy into thinking she was on the pill, got pregnant, had his child, sued him for child support and is now penniless and on welfare trying to support the child she only wanted in the first place for money. Two, a young woman and an older married man who had a passionate fling, she ended up with his child, didn't take him to court for child support, he supported her anyways. Continues to do so even though there's literally nothing she could do to try and take his money. Three, a married couple. There's struggles, but everything turns out fine. Might also go into the future to see how the kids turn out. Married couple's kid(s) will be well-rounded and productive. Child from 'two' with the young woman and married man will probably have some trust issues but will otherwise be pretty alright and probably pursue a job in the arts. Child from 'three' from the slut that tried to steal money from the rich guy will be poorly raised by said slut and will end up a prostitute.

-Gay romance between a seemingly straight man who's fiance left him and a young run-away. Set in the 70s or 80s so there's some societal homophobic stigma unlike today, might end up with the boy running away from him and ultimately being beaten to death in an alleyway and the man committing suicide afterwards.

>It's not like it's going anywhere
Oh, but how you're tragically incorrect. I'm foolish enough to not only write these books but also release them to the public via self-publishing. I've done it before and I'll do it again!

>> No.10350951

>>10350893
Write it.

>> No.10351083

>>10350941
>might end up with the boy running away from him and ultimately being beaten to death in an alleyway and the man committing suicide afterwards.

A book about two heterosexual men who are so lonely they wind up falling into a sexual relationship seems like it would be particularly relevant today. But why the melodramatic finish? Could be pretty solid with a better ending.

>> No.10351540

>>10343644
So I'm assuming this is either the first thing the reader reads, or it's what people read on the back of the book. How close am I?

>> No.10351900

A guy working in the city hates his job and feels like a wage slave but feels guilt for hating his job since other people suffer more. He tries to have some sort of wilderness experience and find peace with those feelings, but he winds up getting kidnapped by ecoterrorists who are pretty big on raccoons.

He comes back to his workaday life with an itchy brain. He keeps having conversations with raccoons. Over time, they convince him that the society he lives in is untenable. He goes from sad-sack to reformist to revolutionary very quickly. He has a hard time living with the moral contradictions his life presents him with, but he knows dealing with those contradictions mean that he cannot maintain a relationship with his loved ones.

He commits a pretty massive act of destruction, but it does not fix anything for him. By the end, not even the raccoons can speak to him anymore.

>> No.10351915

>>10351900
> He commits a pretty massive act of destruction, but it does not fix anything for him.

>By the end, not even the raccoons can speak to him anymore.

seems like there's something missing between these two steps.

>> No.10351962

>>10351915
Yes, you're right.

>> No.10351990
File: 658 KB, 687x1117, 1489743887000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Erotic novel starring a very pregnant Anne Frank I originally pitched for a /his/fag but he never got around to it. Starts out as a seemingly very minor alt-history but drops subtle hints that a major event in American history went very differently and is the cause of the events of the novel. Ends with Anne crossing paths with two very famous authors.

If you're a porn writer who's looking to expand into other genres. This one might be a good fit.

>Peter van Pels gets Anne Frank pregnant
>when Anne discovered she was pregnant, her and Peter's parents, enraged and blaming the other for what happened, nearly came to blows and were only stopped by the fact they would most certainly draw attention.
>Anne's father spends what little resources he still had arranging for her to smuggled out of the Annex and into the countryside as her due date nears, demanding that Peter accompany her to force him to take responsibility and protect his daughter if necessary
>the pastor of an old church (one that inexpicably resembles the Dunker Church in Sharpsburg, Maryland) takes Anne and Peter in both out of pity for their unborn child and a sense of duty to protect others
>initially cold to Peter, having blamed him for their \ shared predicament, Anne finds that writing in her diary, playful arguments over things like baby names, and sex are the only things that alleviate the boredom (having no other means of entertaining themselves) and ever present sense of fear, and they now do it constantly
>Anne is emotionally wracked by nervousness and fear. Fear for her parents, her sister, Peter, their unborn child, and for herself. Fear of the Germans, being captured, dying in childbirth, of being socially ostracized. However the lovemaking not only drives those thoughts from her mind, but gives her a sense of hope that they (her, Peter, the baby) will survive this war.
>their survival rests on the bold and the fearless (the whole "people sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" thing).

>> No.10351993 [SPOILER] 
File: 1.04 MB, 1500x986, 1512359676907.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10351990

>one day in mid-September, the two of them are unable to tolerate being crammed together in the small building and sneak off into a nearby tulip field to fuck as the sun sets over the Netherlands, they do it again later that night
>they're captured asleep and unclothed in a pre-dawn raid by the Gestapo who are sweeping the countryside for Dutch resistance cells
>as they're about to loaded onto a truck to be taken to a concentration camp, the Germans are attacked by an unseen foe, firing in volleys from the trees and the tulip field, suffering many casualties, while Anne and Peter take cover behind the truck
>the attackers burst out of their hiding spots and drive the surviving Gestapo off with a bayonet charge, whooping, hollering, and barking seemingly like wild animals. Their bloodcurdling screams terrify Anne, sounding like something out of her worst nightmares
>Anne and Peter finally come face to face with their rescuers
>Anne initially mistakes them for being German as well because of their gray uniforms (this occurs after the July 20th Plot so that would make sense), but realizes her error when they start speaking an unusual accent of English, which she had some limited knowledge of

>> No.10352016 [SPOILER] 
File: 30 KB, 600x800, 1512360095884.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10351993

>Anne takes notice of the dashing young men and their pic related uniforms (I was gonna leave it up to the writefag how to describe them) and is so awestruck by the beautifully made coats, she immediately has her head filled with fantasies of Peter wearing one. As the soldiers approach, she notices their flag's peculiar choice of stars (link related, their actual flag that was captured at Antietam https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:11th_Mississippi_Infantry_Regiment_battle_flag_army.mil-2008-09-10-145530.jpg)) and finds herself overcome with emotion, having associated that star with the oppression of Jews for so long. She asks their commanding officer, a Colonel named Faulkner , through a translator who they are, and he replies that his men simply call themselves the "University Greys"
>to show her gratitude Anne kisses the cheek of a color sergeant who is carrying this strange flag she's never seen before (not being familiar with American history and all) , Peter feels a pang of jealousy for a moment. However the stern but most gentleman-like NCO defuses the situation by rejecting her perceived advances and getting her to redirect her affection toward Peter.
>one of the soldiers, noticing how how poorly clothed the two are (Anne's dress is comically too small to fit her, Peter's are too thin for cold weather, both haven't had a change in clothes in weeks), hands them his coat, saying they'll need it more than he will
>the others hand Anne some of their food and water out of sympathy
>the soldiers get into formation and leave
>Anne puts the coat on Peter, telling him he looks nice in it, and the two start walking down the road looking up at the rising sun to see hundreds of parachutes descending from the sky
>Anne feels the baby kick and for the first time in years feels like everything might actually be okay

>> No.10352098
File: 84 KB, 1295x399, Rough_Landing_levelart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10352016

>a few days later
>Anne (still pregnant) and Peter who have been hiding in the woods for the last several days to avoid being caught up in the fighting accidentally stumble into an artillery camp the Allied soldiers had set up
>the sentries, who are nervous and inexperienced artillery crewmen rather than seasoned infantrymen, immediately become suspicious of Peter (on account of him being military age, speaking broken English with a German accent, and wearing one of their Army's coats) and start aggressively questioning him
>Anne and Peter try to explain that they're Jews but the language barrier and lack of an interpreter prevents it
>the soldiers are on the verge of detaining Peter when they're stopped by an officer who invites Anne and Peter to come to his tent
>the most gentleman-like officer to their surprise starts speaking to them in fluent German, introducing himself as "Captain Foote" and that he works for military intelligence (usually questioning German prisoners and the like)
> Foote serves them sweet tea, (which Anne has never tasted before) and explains that he had previously heard about the deportation of Jews while stationed in France
>he offers to let them spend the night in his tent, give them fresh clothes and a pass allowing them to travel freely through Allied lines, and to have a doctor look at Anne in exchange for an interview
>Anne and Peter, both still traumatized by recent events, are initially hesitant, but agree to tell their story after Foote reveals to them that he is Jewish himself
>hours pass
>horrified by their description of the mistreatment of Dutch Jews, Foote tells them that he will open a formal Army investigation into the matter
>Anne turns her diary over to Captain Foote as evidence
>Anne and Peter have sex in the tent during the night, although they try to avoid making a mess and too much noise, out of fear of the soldiers noticing, their conservative upbringing leading them take visible offense to Anne and Peter public (and very passionate) displays of affection
>this leads Anne to suffer a flashback and she starts quietly crying, leading Peter to try and comfort her to sleep
>the next morning, Foote , having spent the night reading through the diary abruptly returns it to Anne, telling her that she has a talent for writing, that people need to know what is happening to the Jews of Europe, and he can help her get it published in his country once the war is over
>Anne and Peter, exhausted and surprised by this abrupt change in fortune, simply nod in agreement

If you're a writefag and you want to steal this plot, go right on ahead, all I ask is that you keep the basic plotline the same

Here's the music I was listening when I conceived of this to if you need inspiration while writefagging

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54sSF5JS_HA

>> No.10352149
File: 9 KB, 180x281, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10344097

>> No.10352155

>>10351083
Thanks for the feedback, we'll see, but I seem to have a tendency to lean towards tragic endings. If it's set in the 70s or 80s then the melodramatic finish might also be realistic to a degree since there was still some stigma against gays back then in places. I think in the 60s homosexuality was still illegal in the UK and gays had invented a lot of their own slang/language to use in order to safely converse. Now if it were set in modern day, then yeah, it'd be a HUGE stretch to have a gay end up being beaten to death in an alley unless perhaps there's Muslims around or something. Really under normal circumstances a gay night club being shot up is a crazy thing to even consider, but sadly it has happened just last year at the hands of a Muslim born and raised in America.

>> No.10352179

Alcoholic detective with dark and crude humor
Each chapters or 2 is just an individual case with no connection to each other besides the investigators

>> No.10352184

>>10352179
long chapters or short cases?

>> No.10352193

>>10352184
If the case is long it’s 2 chapters max, like serial killer cases

>> No.10352287

>>10344086
wtf kek

>> No.10352381

>>10349500
Read Baudolino and Sailing to Sarantium. You'll fucking love them

>> No.10352390
File: 59 KB, 645x729, AF9020A2-5960-4893-AED1-2BA9FB1B435E-18994-00001A436041EC61.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>My autobiography

>> No.10352405

A scientist of ambiguous ethnicity working for an ambiguous government is making an ambiguous super weapon and it's his diary and stuff and like you know like now we're an son of bitch and all that. I'm not actually writing this, I just had the idea, i'm """"""""""writing""""""""" something different

>> No.10352417
File: 38 KB, 564x846, 07d92e0e0850dd7f52ef7337b77dbe7a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10341083
A futuristic world filled with political conflicts and wars between stellar/interstellar nations with alien robots and alien diseases.

Aesthetically, it is a gritty fusion of near future sci-fi with historical elements to it, like futuristic roman soldiers and historical events. Many characters are based on historical figures from around the world. Basically sci-fi feudalism.

It follows the story of many characters of different backgrounds. Many are young, many are old. Some are noble, some are poor, some are soldiers, some are ordinary people watching the story from the sidelines.

The story has themes of war, political intrigue, technology, AI, sex, chivalry, coming of age, civilization, colonization, prejudice, philosophy, PTSD, depression, culture, nature, family, etcetera etcetera.

The protagonist is a young male dealing with the pressure of his peers as he has some ability that others don't, and he deals with depression, responsibility, and the struggle to find his inner-self. all of this unfolds as he fights and commands many battles, schemes in the political landscape, finds lovers, makes many friends and enemies, and other things that develop his character. Similar to that of Shinji from Evangelion: Neon Genesis.

>> No.10352442

>>10341083
Comedic Bildungsroman in the style of earlier Waugh about life in a liberal arts school in New Jersey. The characters are all based on friends and acquaintances. The basic plot outline goes:

Jim Hayworth, college student, is a depressed, terminally lonely, bipolar mess of a man who's coasted through college by making friends with his professors, so they don't want to fail him. The book is a meandering run through his sophomore year, where he lives in a suite with three other people: Thissideup, a Colombian illegal immigrant, fascist, and self-proclaimed left-winger, Christian, a Satanist ascetic who turns out to be the moral core of the novel, James, a self-proclaimed "frat bro" on a campus where fraternities are outlawed, and Adam, a pretentious antisemite who doesn't realize other people know who Matisse was.

The book ends with Jim having learned nothing, done nothing, and ultimately having just spent the semester being embroiled in petty drama.

>> No.10352450

>>10349430
This is amazing

>> No.10352455

>>10349430
Fight Club vibes

>> No.10352462

>>10352179
Episodic television in book form. I wonder if this has been done outside of children's literature (Encyclopedia Brown)? Tell ya what, make the detective ultra Chandleresque and the cases super cozy. Instant bestseller. You should write a case or two as a proof of concept. Post it here. Give us a little taste, Anon.

>> No.10352551

>>10342944
That's because DFW was trapped inside his head and had no way of getting out short of suicide.

Read less of writers who offed themselves and notice the effect it has on your own mental health.

>> No.10352703

>>10349979
Sounds like a fucked up Syd Barrett album. Definitely cool.

>> No.10352894

>>10349430
masterpiece-tier

>> No.10353223

>>10341083
relationship self-help book entitled "Ladies, why dont you give up the pussy and stop playing?"

>> No.10353256

>>10352381
Thanks, I'll check them out.

>> No.10353601
File: 227 KB, 1200x627, scotch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>A middle aged mans wife has recently divorced him and gained custody of their child
>He is now depressed and drinking heavily every day
>Wakes up one day with no memory of the previous night
>Police are outside his friends house
>Learns from other neighbours and the police that his friends 10 year old daughter was raped last night
>Suddenly gets a memory flash of the little girl being raped
>Now believes he is the rapist
>Tries to cover up what he did by lying to friends and the police
>Keeps drinking because of his alcoholism and just keeps making things worse
>At one point he mutilates a corpse as part of his plan to create an alibi for himself
>Through all of his mishaps he is managing to gathering information about what happened that night
>Figures out he wasn't actually the rapist, but his best friend was, and that he witnessed the rape but couldnt remember it
>He can't prove this though and thinks because of his alcoholism nobody would believe him
>So he comes up with a plan
>he sneaks into his best friends house at night
>Uses a stolen wank tissue and a dildo to fake a brutal anal rape at the hands of his best friend
>Does this with tears streaming down his face, and standing over his best friend sound asleep in bed
>Calls the police once he is done and tells them he was raped, his friend is then arrested
>Protagonist goes back home and simply drinks
>fin

>> No.10353607
File: 20 KB, 220x328, 220px-Patrice_O'Neal_-_Jan_2006.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10353223

>> No.10353615

>>10351540
It's all I have so far so I'm going with it's the first thing they read lmao

>> No.10353635

>>10344086
mint

>> No.10353645
File: 22 KB, 400x304, anyways, how is your sex life.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10353601
Sounds great honestly. I feel like it lives and dies with the delivery though. I think you need to do the absurdity of this drunken fever dream justice while also having enough tact for the tragedies behind it all. Might prove to be a difficult balance act.

>> No.10353719
File: 842 KB, 500x540, B4F40B4B-BC28-4014-8B40-574DFA19FD15.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10349430
I like it

>> No.10353725
File: 130 KB, 500x334, Taking-notes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw this thread

Thanks for the free novels, fuckos

>> No.10353758

>>10353725
>implying id ever post my idea here if I didnt already have a draft with a publisher
you gon get sued boi

>> No.10353762
File: 423 KB, 820x901, smug.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10353758

Good luck, senpai, I publish in Hong Kong

>> No.10353773

>>10353762
My dad works for Hong Kong and said he'll beat you up for me

>> No.10353783

>>10353607
Patrice always wore a cap like a bald dude but he had a pretty good hairline

>> No.10353787

>>10353773
my dad works for 4chan and he'll delete your account

>> No.10353827

2 Gravediggers in Victorian London dig up an unmarked grave

Terrifying and spooky hijinks ensue, a plague is released, may or may not be supernatural

>> No.10353847

>>10353725
Take ten writers and describe what the book will be about within a couple paragraphs. Each writer will still end up with a very different book even if it's with the same premise, with some being better than others. They'll also likely be vastly different lengths as well with some highly creative and imaginative discover/pantser writers being able to come up with 80k+ words while those who prefer to stick with outlines might end up with a novelette or a novella unless given time to think up other details to include.

So yeah, I'm not too worried. Have fun writing!

>> No.10353891

>>10353827
only idea in this entire thread i'd consider reading.

but i'm writing basically a rehash of the plot of the mummy (brendan frasier version), just in a different setting, so i'm a shamelessly hopeless pleb.

>> No.10353900

An epic poem about the mythology of an ancient civilization in a green Antarctica.

>> No.10353914

>Stoner dude living alone keeps hearing a voice at night when he gets high
>Creeped out for a week, schmokes more to try better make out what this voice is saying
>It's a totally alien language, but he discovers it is coming from a spider living in his house
>Thinks he's just being ridiculous and paranoid at this stage and decides to go sober
>Wakes up and there's a message written for him in a spider web
>Call it Charlie's Web
>Spiders are aliens

>> No.10353980

>>10341864
Really? Coprophagia is the most repugnant? Not incest or murder?

>> No.10353994

>>10342633
>actually an enormous, sentient tumor that has completely engulfed his 'host'.
This is fucking crack shit. I would read the hell out of this. The funniness to me is that the revelation is only partially shattering because the tumor has presumably been living as a human for some time.

>> No.10354035

>>10342633
I didn't read the second half. I don't think the house should still be alive. I like more the idea of a sentient tumor realizing that he has totally overtaken his host like a driver that only after he totals his car realizes it was someone else's car all along. The mix of shame, guilt, giddiness at getting away with something, and the overall inert apathy of the fact that the information changes nothing, is incredibly funny to me. Is there any reason to live differently give the realization that you are a lump cellular failure? I really like this idea. It reminds me of Gogol's The Nose.

>> No.10354190

A man discovers he has the power to cure diseases by raping the afflicted person
Then faces a moral dilemma when his kid brother gets cancer

>> No.10354280

>>10341168
you must be so important anon

>> No.10354319

>>10344086
please get book shelf, this novel deserves it

>> No.10354361

a couple gives birth to something that is essentially a glob of flesh with a pulse and a brain. The "child" has a perfectly functioning mind but is trapped within its body with no sensory input except for touch.

The story follows the parents and the surrounding community as the try to accept it and love it but find it impossible due to how hideous the appearance of it is and how much it consumes their lives to care for it.

I also want there to be dream sequences of massive giants destroying earth and somehow tying that into the rest of the story. Also maybe the child starts talking at some point, i'm not sure.

I want the book to be titled "Titan"

>> No.10354403

>>10342458
That is not how you spell Laissez Faire

>> No.10354606

>>10353980
How about force feeding someone poo until they die. Isn't there evidence that this is what happened to the Black Dahlia? What would move a person to do that?

>> No.10354625
File: 44 KB, 640x400, f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

an idea i came up with 5 minutes ago while walking my dog

>main character is an ex-dj living out of his car
>operates a mobile pirate radio station from it
>world is besieged by an immensely dense fog, quickly expanding across the entire planet
>fog swiftly kills those exposed to it, and slowly eats away at solid objects
>however it is too thick to enter tight spaces, so staying inside with all entrances shut will keep you safe. at least until it eats away at your shelter
>protagonist has nowhere to run, stocks up what he can and retreats to his car
>travels around the country playing music and interviewing guests on the radio
>pisses in bottles and shits in a box in the corner
>food and water is dwindling, for everyone
>guests becoming much more cynical as time advances, filled with hopelessness and despair
>also becoming more scarce, there are not many people left it seems
>until eventually there are apparently none, nobody will answer his pleas for conversation
>supplies and fuel have run out and the stench of his car is overwhelming, but it wont last much longer to the fog anyway
>goes on the air one last time
>says his goodbyes and speaks about himself for a little
>plays the favourite song of someone he spoke to along the way
>gets out and goes for a walk

>> No.10354633

>>10354625
I don't really like the fog, but I do like the entire idea with the radio broadcasts. Maybe think of a different event?

>> No.10354664

>>10354633
i know its not the best but ive always been a sucker for that sort of thing
something like a war or a plague would probably make better /lit/ though youre right

>> No.10354745

>>10343035
So bladerunner

>> No.10354758

>>10343708
First one sounds comfy

>> No.10354759

>>10354664
I feel like plague could get the same isolated feeling toward the ends, but hey idea is cool regardless of the event.

>> No.10354793

Sci fi novel about a group of teenage (just finished high school) girls going on a road trip in a automated motorhome.

Self discovery type story.

>> No.10354797

>>10344086
This could be an absurdist joke I think if formulated differently

>> No.10354798

>>10354793
No!

>> No.10354814

>>10354798
Why? I think it's fun idea.

>> No.10355004

>>10354793
if its lesbo erotica ill read it

>> No.10355012

>>10354361
reminds me of Eraserhead

>> No.10355036

>>10354606
Well in that instance the feces seem almost incidental to the murder. What if you strangled someone with pantyhose? That doesn't make pantyhose abhorrent.

>> No.10355049

>>10354814
>>10355004
Fine Im with him. I'll read some cute lesbo erotica

>> No.10355055

>>10354633
Maybe he shouldn't specify what sort of disaster is driving people indoors/ away from each other.
Like, make it obvious to the reader that the world is on the verge of collapse. Chart the course of the interview subjects from cautious optimism to resigned defeatism, but offer no clue as to why this has happened.

>> No.10355264

>>10341083
hard sci-fi currently in early stages of writing.

A small outpost on saturn moon titan loses contact with earth after report of nuclear war on earth. inner and outer solar system colonies not yet self sufficient.

4 humans. 2 fission nuclear reactors, one subcritical for heating, another for power.
A chemical plant and autonomous mining operation to get the building block to create air, food and fuel,
A limited supply of rare elements.
Badly thermal insulated suits for walks.

No way to see, the sun, the stars in the thick thiolin smog
not even saturn.

An old computer with some redundancy.
A radio communication system
A radar
Other measuring equipments.

The crew knows that all hardware will fall someday into disrepair. No one will come to rescue them.

At least they can make ethanol to cope.
It's engineering hell. no day off.
and for what purpose ?

>> No.10355274

>>10341083
i've recently discovered that for the past few years my husband had been replaced with an imposter

>> No.10355417

It's about a man who becomes psychically attuned to the appliances in other people's homes. Sensitive to their activities, he develops through them an understanding of their owners' personalities. As a result he feels unconscious familiarity with those owners. This becomes a problem in his apartment building, as in his country there is an urban culture of sternness and polite distance between neighbors, a decorum he helplessly violates, which endangers his efforts to convince his neighbors to found a community association so they can buy and own their apartments. This campaign fails and, angered by his neighbors, he moves out, beginning a series of moves, each forced by his intensifying relationship to his neighbors' appliances.

Meanwhile, at work as an insurance lawyer, he becomes attuned to the appliances and realizes that somebody is secretly living in the building, squatting there at night. Because of the infrequency of these stays, his sense of the person is diffuse. He becomes suspicious of his coworkers, particularly of a rival colleague on the rise in the company, and hostile towards others.

Struggling with his condition, he first avoids his home, spending his free time on the town going to shows and eating out until he tires of this and wanders til late at night when his neighbors' appliances are in disuse. But his condition evolves, and soon he senses every home he passes in the street, all the apartments of the city's high-rises. He becomes troubled by his lack of sensitivity to his own appliances. One weekend he tries to create it by constantly heating things in the microwave, changing the AC setting, running dishes one at a time in the washer all day, and so on. He fails and grows desperate to move somewhere remote and solitary.

When his efforts to move from his apartment blow up, he begins to secretly live at the office himself, under the pretense of catching the other person, who eludes him. His squatting is discovered and he's fired. That night he sneaks into the building to catch the other person. Near dawn, he hears them in the elevator going down. He runs to the parking lot, where he follows a car just leaving, the only one there besides his own. He follows the car out of the city to a rural area. They park by the side of the road and get out, and he follows them into the dark, where he gets lost. He follows the sound of voices to a house. He can hear the appliances in the house talking about him, describing him: they're his, it's his home. So he tells the owner of the house, who discusses but ultimately denies the notion.

He goes to live in the woods nearby, where he can hear his appliances, and shows up regularly to convince the owner, who entertains him but rejects him each time, whereupon he goes back to the woods. Come winter he dies of exposure. Two of his neighbors attend his funeral. They don't speak to each other, acknowledge each other. They may not ever have met.

>> No.10355460

Rich asshole and his AI friend go on a lavish space cruise to the center of the galaxy. Slowly realizes his life is an empty, meaningless shell by talking with other people he meets at the window-side bar, including a hot physicist, the octopus-like alien bartender, the 4-legged alien IT Security guy, and a priest of a black-hole worshipping cult.

Cult hijacks the ship and tries to enter the black hole at the center of the galaxy but the passengers overpower them and escape, but the time dilation from being near the black hole means they have ended up thousands of years into the future.

>> No.10355543

>>10355460

This is actually a good pulp novel plot, depends on your skill with dialogue, though.

>> No.10355737

>>10354797
I tried telling the joke to my dad, he said that I now owe him 50 bucks for telling such a stupid joke

>> No.10355771

>>10355737
Based dad.

>> No.10355775

>>10355737
He should have beaten you.

>> No.10355843

>>10355460
I would read this

>> No.10355873

>>10355417
Familial history of schizophrenia. This is heartbreakingly close to home. I couldn't read it, but you should definitely write it.

>> No.10355925

>>10355417
this is really good, though I think the story started falling apart towards the end, but lots of potential

>> No.10355932

>>10355460
I'M PIIICKLLEEEE RIIIIIIIIIIICCKKK

>> No.10356210

>>10355932
Emphatically, a superior degree of literary work had in no era before been so richly diverse and contentuous than that of the contemporary art that is the writings of Sir Morty and Dr.Rick.

Yes, you've seen it here first; contentuous, to be of great content. Like Shakespeare, sometimes I must create mine own vocabularic offerings to demonstrate thoughts in an accurate manner. Of course, true fans of Sir and the good Doctor would understand, being cut from such incredibly intellectually indrenched fabric.

Aluminium.

>> No.10356255

8/10 girl gets with 3/10 guy because of hardcore daddy issues. The dude is an absolute loser, dole bludger, stupid as fuck, not even good in bed. They get married and her dad dies at the wedding when she says 'I do'.

>> No.10356293

>>10356255
That is probably the worst in the thread.

>> No.10356432

>>10341083

r8 and give some advices on the plot structure, please

>>10354377
>>10354391
>>10354398
>>10354410
>>10354416

>> No.10356439

>>10356432
tl;dr

>> No.10356596
File: 147 KB, 320x240, 1444958506426.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10350941
>completely consensual and they both love it

>> No.10356798

>>10356596
I'm just sharing the story as I was told it. The mother was in on it too; as far as she was concerned, it was keeping the husband from going out and seeing other women while also keeping their daughter from messing with boys. As long as she was ok and he wasn't actually physically harming her, then fine, it's win/win. She had some reasons as to why she had such strange views on things, I made a lot of notes from the conversation. Of course it could all be made up, but I don't care, the sheer degree of detail was incredible not to mention how it ultimately ended up affecting her in the long-term. Not going to give any more details; I'm seriously going to write this book someday. Going to be quite a bit of hubbub if I include "Based on an Online Testimonial" or something like that.

>> No.10356846
File: 6 KB, 250x213, pepe ok.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10341083
Background: it turns out that all the stupid and ungrammatical shitpost on 4chan have nothing to do with the posters, but are various experimental AI's the government is posting here in a high-level Turing Test experiment. At some point the bots percolate and merge together into a Tay-style Singularity that exterminates all humanity except for 4chan posters. These, following what it read on /pol/, it segregates out into separate mini-states: the nations of /pol/, /lit/, /k/, /x/, etc.

The storyline relates the manly and/or fagly saga of the handful of NEETs, neckbeards, traps and anons who remain, battling for survival and supremacy in the Singularity-crashed post-apocalyptic wreckage. In due course /pol/ exterminates every group but /k/ with whom bitter contest is waged, as /x/ forms a priestly class and attempts to negotiate peace. /pol/ and /k/ destroy each other and /x/ too, and in the end all that remains of mankind is Moot, wandering the desert wastes, preaching the Word of Kek and looking for mutants with whom to copulate.

>> No.10356875

>>10356846
>all that remains of mankind is Moot
Stop trying to create a cult of personality around someone with no charisma. Also, make the AI dystopian future a utopia that neckbeards can't appreciate.

>> No.10357067

>>10341083
a postmodern novel about a hardboiled detective who solves all of his cases by just...waiting them out.

now gib me money

>> No.10357098

>>10355012
my first thought...

>> No.10357366

>>10350893
Biography of Gavin McInnes?

>> No.10357381

>>10341083
>>10341089
I'm in love with this girl.

>> No.10357382

>>10357366
Shit. You're right.

>> No.10357392
File: 364 KB, 600x600, crying confederate pepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10351990
>>10351993
>>10352016
>>10352098

>tfw no one even likes my idea enough to even bother calling me a faggot and telling me to kill myself

>> No.10357424

>>10357392
You need help, and I can't give it to you.

>> No.10357589

>>10357392
If it's any consolation, I actually talked about this thread, and your posts specifically, over dinner with a friend. He laughed, but seemed sorta intrigued. Wondered if it was alt-history. Thought it would be neat if black freedom fighters made a devils bargain with the nazis for assistance with the south. He did call you a faggot with a poor grasp of history, but I'd bet he'd read your book.

>> No.10357895

>>10356432

please ;_;

>>10356439

is not that long. It takes 3 minutes or less to read

>> No.10357899

>>10357895
He said tl;dr, boy

>> No.10357909

>>10342683

Actually not a bad idea at all. Go for it.

>> No.10357926

>>10355417
>A boy falls in love with a girl. Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's talking electronics

>> No.10358035

>>10350941
>Child support laws change so that it's COMPLETELY up to the father whether he wishes to support the children or not.
We need to abolish modern feminism so this can happen. They turned the child courts into one of the modern wymyn's many weapons to use against men, showing us all their true nature.

>> No.10358086

>>10358035
I've written a book that touches on many issues regarding men's struggles in divorce. Also touches on male suicide. It's on Amazon for a US dollar but here's a link where you can find it for free. It's a novella that I only wrote in 5 days however, might have a few grammatical errors here or there, fair warning.

Also, yes, I realize the title is shit. I think it'd be infinitely better without 'to Dull the Pain'. It would make it far less melodramatic.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/j-n-morgan/another-one-please-to-dull-the-pain/ebook/product-23229284.html#productDetails

A fan of mine read it several months ago, he's suffered through a few divorces and was impressed at how I'd portrayed the matter. Brought back some bad memories for him, which is unfortunate but he meant it as a compliment and I took it as such.

>> No.10358431
File: 1.79 MB, 1870x2322, Judah_P_Benjamin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10357589
>poor grasp of history
>Confederate Secretary of State was Jewish

>> No.10358447

Scientist group is financed by military to create genetically enhanced supersoldiers.
No aceptable results for at least 20 years
There is a sudden huge leap in robotics.
Robot soldiers are now a more viable option.
In only 6 years, there are operational robotic models ready to deploy on the field.
Military retires funds and proceeds to delete evidence of the projects (all of them involved human experimentation) and exterminate the scientist group
One of the scientist escapes with the help of some of the modified humans.
Another scientist releases some of the biological weapons before dying (some lethal viruses and varied nasty things)

I plan to include berserk mutants, quarantined cities and the adventures of the 6 who escaped while they are hunted by the military. Monster vs Robot

>> No.10358456

>>10341083

Right now I have video game ideas and not novel ideas

>> No.10358685

>>10358431
It probably had more to do with a potential southern victory in the American civil war

>> No.10358722

Thinking of writing about a group of IRA fighters trying to write revolutionary songs in Belfast.

>> No.10359382

>>10358685

It was a long shot for sure, but not impossible. Union morale plummeted to the point of draft riots breaking out in their largest city.

I was planning on leaving that part deliberately vague so it would be up to reader's imagination. The story occurs 80 years after the Civil War, so the details of the conflict aren't that important to the plot.

I guess for a bit of world building... It is supposed to be a timeline where slavery was outlawed on a state-by-state basis in late 19th Century after progressive parties (largely led by veterans by like John Wise and Albert Parsons) sweep through the South and take control of the state legislatures in this alternate timeline's equivalent of the Progressive Era. Because the war ended in a Confederate victory, the Reconstruction-era social upheaval that led to Jim Crow doesn't exist, so segregation, while still prevalent, is far less extreme.

>> No.10359698

please:

>>10356432

Can I have an opinion on this?

>> No.10359740

>>10359382
But wasn't the American south's economy completely dependent on cotton? Weren't they poised to reignite the trans-Atlantic slave trade that had been shut down by Britain? It's hard to imagine such a nation (nations?) surviving without some form of forced servitude.

Or maybe it isn't. I don't know much about American history.

>> No.10359893

>>10359740
The South also had a far weaker economy than the North as well as less industrial capabilities. The South had a lot harder time keeping up with arms and used basically anything they could possibly get their hands on while the North wasn't QUITE so scattered in the arms they used. If memory serves, it was also the North who manufactured and used Henry lever-actions while the South would try to capture them at any possible opportunity. Also, didn't the South primarily buy their muskets from Britain?

>> No.10360470
File: 137 KB, 640x461, 1502927409570.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10358456

Do you think people had more original ideas for literature back when you had to go to the cinema to watch a movie, people listened to music on phonographs, radio was still in its infancy, and narrative devises had not yet been extensively researched and catalogued?

I feel over saturated with so much media, so many different kinds of media, that I find it difficult to come up with ideas for a single book. With so much knowledge of fiction at everyone's disposal it seems impossible to come up with an idea that will not immediately be labeled as cliched or unoriginal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19-Giy1g8V0

>> No.10360504

>>10359698
It has legs. I'd go the novel route as opposed to a play. Maybe write everything from the perspective of the uncle, really antagonize those American readers. Don't drop allusions to the source material left and right, they aren't necessary. Sounds like you've got a fully realized idea with a fair amount of potential here, good job Anon.

Should've prefaced all this by saying I'm not a writer and just barely a reader, so it's probably best to disregard everything I say.

>> No.10360544

>>10357381
Fight me for her. By the way, who is she?

>> No.10360792

>>10341083
Why not? It'd be a children's book outlining the pros and cons of going to college. Bluntly titled "not everyone goes to college".

The entire point of it is to give kids the cold hard truth that college at this point is not the best answer for everyone and some do quite well without it. Give them other options and inspire some hope in them. Rather than me and my classmates which had it drilled in our heads form the very beginning that college was the one and only way.

I could see myself publishing this some day, but for right now I have no idea on how to get started.

>> No.10360831

>>10343644
I'm getting some Stalker vibes from this.

>> No.10360852

I want to write something where different characters with special abilities are trying to take over a medieval society while at odds with each other. The protagonist has the ability to absorb any physical damage to his body and remain unharmed and intact, with the caveat that he must eventually endure whatever pain he would have suffered at some later date. The antagonist can convince anyone to do whatever the fuck he wants, but he has to be able to speak privately with them to do this. I have a bunch of interesting ideas for how they would exploit these powers and interact with each other, but actually writing something competent that knits it all together is hard t.t

>> No.10360882

>>10360470
It's not that I Kant, it's that I won't.

>> No.10360925

>>10352462
Yes, they are called short story collections, retard. Ever heard of Adventures of Sherlock Holmes?

>> No.10360932
File: 44 KB, 500x583, B980163C-C5D2-4D8D-9BBE-AE2D1D97FCD5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Coming of age story in a small south eastern Kentucky town in 1994. (Young people without being YA) protagonist falls into the basement of an abandoned bourbon distillery and smashes open the coffin of a young female vampire (not a love interest) locked away in 1890 by her own father. MC plays the role of “renfield” to her Dracula and the two decide how to cohabitate despite their differences. There’s alcohol and drug use, a pair of dangerous and desperate bank robbers, pill addled wiggers looking for an easy score, a feral nudist girl named Mary, and the blossoming of youth in a time and place of simplicity. I’m 78 pages in. Should be done by spring. A chronologically accurate Music soundtrack supports and enriched the overall feel and story.

>> No.10360963

>>10360932
Color me intrigued. If this was a manga I'd probably pick it up. If you publish it I might give it a read.

>> No.10360973

>>10360963
Post a disposable email and I’ll send you the first 75 pages (what I have done)

>> No.10360991

>>10360932
Eastern Kentuckyfag here. Somewhat younger than your protagonist. Perhaps a bit older than your intended audience? I'll read it regardless. Anxiously awaiting your book. Keep us updated.

>> No.10360998

>>10360973
vapid@nada.email

>> No.10361071

>>10360991
I’m from Versailles but I’ve spent quite. A bit time down near Harlan. The fictional town of White Wreath, Ky is slightly south east of pikeville (packvul) where the 1789 splits

>> No.10361079

>>10360991
Post an email and I’ll send you some if you want.

>> No.10361198
File: 78 KB, 633x758, IMG_0154.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10361071
>Versailles
FUCKING TRIGGERED!
I got laughed at for pronouncing it "ver-sales" when I moved further east (Paris boy, by the way). I think I'll wait to you're finished to read your book. Please finish though. Make a point of publishing, even if it's through a vanity press.

>> No.10361208
File: 2.31 MB, 390x277, laughter.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10361198
>pronouncing it "ver-sales"

>> No.10361562
File: 1.87 MB, 1600x1070, confederate chase gettysburg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10359740
>But wasn't the American south's economy completely dependent on cotton?

It was very much dependent on cotton but the South's monopoly on the cotton industry more or less collapsed after the Civil War from a variety of causes (mainly the Union blockade and ill-advised "cotton diplomacy"). On top of that, there were multiple boll weevil infestations that ruined entire years worth of cotton exports well into the 1920s. Southern dominance of the cotton trade was not going to last in the long run.

In addition, the South actually industrialized quite a bit during the Civil War (at one point, the second largest gunpowder works in the world was located in Augusta, Georgia), but most of it was expended or destroyed during the conflict (i.e. Sherman's March to the Sea). If the CSA wins however, that means the Confederate war industry will be converted to civilian use and become the eventual replacement for the failing cotton trade.

>Weren't they poised to reignite the trans-Atlantic slave trade that had been shut down by Britain?

Some of the more extreme Fire-Eaters entertained the idea but it was never a realistic proposal. The Fire-Eaters never held much power in the government (ironically a significant number of Confederate leaders who had cautioned against secession like Jeff Davis and Alexander Stephens) and likely would have lost what influence they had in the post-war. There was simply no way things could go back to the way they were before the war. The Antebellum South didn't die at Appomattox, it died at Fort Sumter.

>It's hard to imagine such a nation (nations?) surviving without some form of forced servitude.

It may seem like that, but even before Emancipation Proclamation, slavery was beginning to collapse as a system. By 1862, cotton production had plummeted as the planter class marched off to war, slaves fled up North, plantations fell into ruin, foraging armies stripped farms bare. No doubt that social upheaval would have continued even if the South had won, just as occurred with the American Revolution in the North.

>Or maybe it isn't. I don't know much about American history.

I would recommend Modernizing a Slave Economy by John Majewski, it covers how Old South kinda shot itself in the foot by going to war and had to enact radical change

>>10359893
>it was also the North who manufactured and used Henry lever-actions while the South would try to capture them at any possible opportunity.

Confederate troops were actually unable to take advantage of captured repeating firearms because they didn't have the brass to make cartridges.

>Also, didn't the South primarily buy their muskets from Britain?

The defacto standard issue rifle for the Confederate States Army for most of the war was the 1853 Pattern Enfield, which was largely imported from Great Britain. Union troops were actually known to steal them off dead Confederate soldiers because it was more accurate and reliable than the standard Springfield.

>> No.10361582

>>10361562
>The Antebellum South didn't die at Appomattox, it died at Fort Sumter.
le rhetorical flourish... or should i say... redditorical flourish, my fellow redditor

>> No.10361617

I've wanted to try writing the diary/memoirs of a young adult who slowly descends into paranoid schizophrenia and the writing/musing slowly becomes contradictory and eventually unintelligible.
Either that or a prose poem about a guy who starts recording his dreams alongside everyday thoughts and happenings, and the two slowly become blurred

I feel like these could be cool but it'd take a lot of character-building talent to pull off. Everything I write for either is edgy garbage when I reread it, since I don't know what I want their tones to be.

>> No.10361632

>>10361562
Huh, didn't know that the British rifle was more accurate than what the Union had. Perhaps the British had better industrial capabilities than the US did, after all the 19th century was sort of when Great Britain was at its prime, particularly in the late 19th century and perhaps even early 20th century. I hear that the early British troops of WWI were some of the best trained on the planet, but the sheer brutality of the war soon had many of those incredibly well-trained soldiers die off bit by bit and the newer soldiers that were brought about wasn't QUITE as professionally trained. As I recall, Queen Victoria had also brought about a sort of British version of the Civilian Marksmanship Program so that people could train to become expert shots.

Anyways, interesting note on the brass cartridges issue, makes sense. Frequently on Forgotten Weapons videos when Civil War era firearms are brought up, particularly Confederate side, he mentions how much their industry lacked in the south, and Ian seems like a VERY unbiased fellow which is a stark contrast to Karl. That one French-made revolver with the shotgun barrel in the middle of the cylinder was pretty rad though.

>> No.10361637

>>10361617
>Everything I write for either is edgy garbage when I reread it
I feel you
Everything I write turns into a Notes From Underground ripoff

>> No.10361717

>>10361617
Go for the poem and try to incorporate your own dreams. I'll bet the final product won't be nearly as dark as you imagine.

>> No.10361767
File: 524 KB, 456x600, Confederate Infantryman M1841 Mississippi.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10361582

>muh reddit

Fuck off, also /pol/ is basically an /r/The_Donald colonial holding now.

>>10361632
>Huh, didn't know that the British rifle was more accurate than what the Union had. Perhaps the British had better industrial capabilities than the US did

Basically yeah. Both sides actually started out the war equipped with smoothbore muskets like the M1842 or even flintlocks that dated back to before the American Revolution. Even the Union Army's elite Irish Brigade was equipped with "buck n' ball" muskets (which had a range of less than 75 yards) until after Gettysburg. When both sides recognized the need for rifles, they often simply relined the barrels of smoothbores with rifling rather than bothering to produce a new weapon so of course it was bound to be of inferior quality. Even the Springfield Model 1861 only had a range of 500 yards. By comparison, the Pattern Enfield had a range of over 1,200 yards. The only mass produced US-made weapon that had comparable performance was the M1841 Mississippi Rifle which had a range of 1,100-2000 yards, but it was expensive and only issued in limited numbers.

>> No.10362089

>>10361767
Those ranges sound ludicrous. Even modern M16A4 rifles are, to my knowledge, generally considered best within 800m at the very max but even then that's VERY excessive and is best reserved for something shooting a full-sized rifle round. Under ideal conditions with an expert marksman, I can see a rifled black powder muzzle loader managing 500yd (460m) perhaps even in optimal field conditions against a standing enemy soldier, but 1200yd (I guess around 1090m)? You can't just make the statement "this black powder muzzle-loader has a range of over 1200yd". Even with 100% perfect circumstances that seems to push the realm of possibility.

Rifles like the Kar98k, M91/30, and Mk.III Lee Enfield all had tangent-style short-radius notch-and-post iron sights that could go out to 2000m (2200yd), but that's reserved only for volley fire at that distance and even then I question the usefulness of it because who knows how the wind changes over that 2km (over 1 mile) stretch? The soldiers probably aren't even resting their rifles, and said soldiers were likely trained for only 500m at most for the most part, and that's for MODERN Military! There is a HUGE difference in accuracy potential between a lead ball or even a Minie ball fired from a black powder musket vs a small-bore (.30 cal is considered small-bore in this case) modern spitzer FMJ smokeless-powder cartridge fired from a rifle made with modern machines and materials with modern knowledge of accurization.

How in the sweet love of shit could an M1841 early cap-and-ball rifled musket POSSIBLY hope to have 'a range' of 1100-2000yd? Even if we're talking about volley fire... in fact does does one even AIM at that distance! In all likelihood the rear sight was just 2-3 leafs of metal for MAYBE 100yd, 200yd, and 300yd, but keep in mind 300yd is about the max effective range of an M1 Carbine and nearing the max effective range of an AKM. Smallbore, smokeless, FMJ, and in the case of the AKM, spitzer. Are the ranges you bring up perhaps just from aiming the rifle at a 45-degree angle up in the air and firing to see how far the bullet will go? If that's the measurement we're using, then .22lr probably has 'a range' of over 1km.

>> No.10362127
File: 2 KB, 318x159, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Harry Potter.

But Harry is a fascist.

>> No.10362201

>>10362089
>Those ranges sound ludicrous.

I was listing the maximum firing range, of course the maximum EFFECTIVE firing range is much shorter. During the Civil War, black powder was still the standard and it hindered long range individual, but when firing in volleys, the increased range could be used to deadly effect.

And the M16 has a maximum firing range of 3,937 yards according to wikipedia.

>> No.10362607
File: 952 KB, 2000x1333, M16A1 b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10362127
So you're making it even worse?

>>10362201
>And the M16 has a maximum firing range of 3,937 yards according to wikipedia
If you angle it like an artillery piece or something.

The average 5.56x45mm/.223 load is like a 55gr bullet, going over 3000ft/s, at 100yds or less this performs very well, a decent load like M193 will perform phenomenally here, a hit to the shoulder essentially just necessitates amputation, assuming target doesn't bleed out, up to 400yds and you're still pretty good, assume we're looking at a 20" barrel here.
Looking at 800yds and you've lost quite a lot of velocity, this is about as far as I would ever shoot an M16 and that's assuming I had to, I wouldn't go past 500yds myself because the light bullet just isn't going to perform that well at all past that point.
Likewise, short ARs like the M4A1 or the even shorter Mk.18 would be at a hideous disadvantage at even 300yds because of how much less velocity it starts out with.
Some loads like Mk.262 Mod 1 can rectify this, but to a point, and it'll do better still in a 20" rifle.

At near 4000yds, ANY 5.56x45mm loading will have a light bullet that moves very slowly, there simply isn't a point to use that cartridge at those ranges, you could deflect that with a frying pan or your keychain, assuming it was hitting you at all. I mean you could just as well run up to the target and throw pebbles at it.
Those are also really challenging distances even for a rifle bullet that would still retain energy at that distance, assuming you had some really slick and well made bolt-action rifle in say .416 Barrett, with amazing glass, you'd still not have any good use out of that range because shooting at those ranges is very hard and requires a lot of practice and mental bandwidth to achieve.

>> No.10362662

>>10343264
This is a good idea, but try not to be too on the nose with some of the subjects. You don't want to glorify the shooter.

Everyone has violent tendencies so the flirtation with maybe they deserve it is pretty easy to come out, and even if that's what people want from the book that thesis requires a lot more support, at least philosophically and poetically.

>> No.10362726
File: 2.62 MB, 413x233, sweating-bond.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ripoff Shadowrun setting, 2030's or so
>fictional city in Michigan, imagine Detroit if the economy never got as abhorrently bad as today (but was still bad), and recovered modestly at some point, but not enough to stop being shitty
I want to start by saying that this is a story with strong levels of sleaze and schlock. I kind of want to explore some of the psychology and serious aspects of being a victim of sexual abuse, but it's also 100% a story about my kinks. For some reason I'm also putting a little bit of myself here and there in characters, but there's no self-insert.

Main character is jailbait tomboy half-elf with undiagnosed aspergers, she's bored with life, one day is gangraped by an orc gym teacher and his pals. Takes revenge, starting with the teacher, using a gun she figures was hidden somewhere by her late father, that her mom doesn't know about, she puts six hollowpoints in his spine after trailing him one evening, she gets away with it.
Going for another she fucks up and gets captured and sexually abused and raped by a criminal gang for days, she escapes violently and is very traumatized and scarred by this.

What it'd be about is looking at a young sperg dealing with trauma, but also the internal conflict of realizing she has some really strong rape fantasies (really actually unrelated to her abuse, at least partially), and all the self-hatred and disgust for herself that really entails. She learns that she gets off to things like that, but she isn't really understanding why, and thinks she's just fucked up and wrong, that this isn't how a person is supposed to be, that she's broken because of what happened to her.
More, I also want to write about self-harm, both based on my own experiences but also studying that of others.

I'm not sure I'll ever publish this anywhere (certainly not physically, nobody would touch it with a 10ft pole, I imagine), because it's probably going to be embarrassing and bad, I want to write about something that both turns me on, and something that's dark and serious and I want to examine that and lend it some degree of dignity and thought, problem being that I'll probably not treat it with very much dignity at all by involving titillation and glorified action movie violence, but I want to at least try, I want to just write about it, no matter what.

>> No.10362900

An epic story about Dust Mites.

The human host body is their world,and different regions of that body act as instigators of different cultures developing. One dust mite is entrusted in securing a cure for the "princess " if his tribe,and journeys from the relative calm of the chest to the fingers where he has to prove his worth in the high winds and grab a shard of fingernail to defeat the creatures inhabiting the hair forest at the top of the world. He finds a spider that controls the actions of the world body by tweaking the nerves into the brain,and sends the hero to the feet,where the toeslime the inhabitants subsist on make them ponderous and strange. He journeys up to the crotch and after fighting through the gigantic crabs,rescues the princess and saves the day!

Due to the limited electrostatic space the mites have for thoughts,they speak in tweet sized chunks.

>> No.10362993

>>10362726
Don't be upset, but this sounds a lot like the "Milennium" series. Apparently Larsson had a rape fetish owing to a gang rape he witnessed (and possibly participated in) as a boy.
A book that delves deep into the psychological makeup of traditional fantasy races sounds neat though.

>> No.10363050

>>10362607
I actually memorized a bit of info in terms of velocity loss at either 600yd (550m) or 600m (660yd).

>123gr M43 7.62x39 from a 16.3" AK barrel
>Muzzle velocity: 2350 ft/s
>At 600m/yd: 950 ft/s

>55gr M193 5.56 from a 20" M16 barrel
>Muzzle velocity: Over 3000 ft/s
>At 600m/yd: Roughly 1150 ft/s, give or take

>62gr M855 5.56 from a 20" M16 barrel
>Muzzle velocity: Roughly 3000 ft/s
>At 600m/yd: Roughly 1500 ft/s, give or take

M855 is clearly quite a bit better, and this is because heavier bullets retain velocity better than lighter bullets even though they start out with a lower velocity. As for fragmentation from a 20" barrel, M193 has little-to-no fragmentation beyond roughly 250m/yd. It might break up into 2-3 pieces at best, usually, but beyond that the velocity had dropped so significantly that there's just not enough to jar the bullet into destroying itself on impact. So at roughly 300m/yd and beyond the wounding is likely to be a through-and-through. More energy to impart than .22lr but all the same it will leave a similar type of wound unless perhaps it strikes bone. Of course, at 600 m/yd, 55gr at 1150 ft/s is VERY comparable to .22lr meanwhile 123gr at 950 ft/s is more comparable to .32 H&R Magnum.

As for M855 fragmentation, it does so even less reliably than M193. From an M4-length barrel (14.5", was it?) there'll probably be no fragmentation even with M193 beyond about 200m/yd. 5.45x39 had a better tendency to tumble, to my knowledge, because of the physically longer bullet profile. They also had a hollow pocket in the tip to make it more rear-heavy thus more likely to tumble, but I also heard that they stopped this practice when they found that even without intentionally making it rear-heavy it tended to still tumble reliably at almost any distance/velocity.

>> No.10363064

>>10342633
that makes no sense

>> No.10363131

>>10362993
I've had that told to me before, and I've never read Millenium, but I've read some cliffnotes and stuff about it, and my initial idea isn't *strictly* too similar to his work, and I intend to set it apart in many ways.
I really intend for her to climb upwards out of her despair and grow as a person, or at least, avoid becoming embittered and generally hateful, like a friend of hers.

Also, again, this isn't any high aspirations I have with this stuff, this is just me trying to meet my kinks and some dark and serious subjects (a few personal), I'm not expecting any awards, much less being published on paper. I'd use a pseudonym if I was.

>> No.10363162

>>10362900
Do that shit.

>> No.10363185

>>10360504
>It has legs.
>Sounds like you've got a fully realized idea with a fair amount of potential here, good job Anon.

Thank you, Anon, it means a lot to hear that.

>>10360504
>I'd go the novel route as opposed to a play.

Unfortunately for me I am not very gifted for the novel format. Playwriting is what I have been studying (by myself) for the past 5 years. Also, I use a style of poetic diction that is similar to the works of Shakespeare and The Greek tragedies (well, at least I try, I should say), a style that fits very well with plays, not so with movie scripts or novels.

Yet I am starting to study the novel and its many forms and examples, and I plan to create something on this format in the future.

>>10360504
>Don't drop allusions to the source material left and right, they aren't necessary.

Will do, thank you for this advise.

>>10360504
>Should've prefaced all this by saying I'm not a writer and just barely a reader, so it's probably best to disregard everything I say.

You know, I think that sometimes the opinion and vision of somebody who is new to the art of fiction and literature may offer some great insights and opportunities. It is as if someone were looking at your project with fresh eyes, with the eyes of most people in the consuming audience, someone who desires from a work of art those most basic and fundamental things: to fully engage in a story, in an artificial world, for two to three hours, to get interested in the life and fate of those characters and feel some king of tragic or comic catharsis at the end. One can learn a lot from the perspective of the audience if one knows how to listen.

>> No.10363187
File: 258 KB, 1080x1349, CAR15 POV.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10363050
Part of why they moved away from M193 was because they wanted more accuracy, but it was really only for minor gains in accuracy, and really, as long as your troops can consistently shoot 3 to 4 MOA regularly, it means your rifle and ammunition does what it needs to do, most of them can't make better use out of a tighter grouping rifle anyway.
There was also this idea that M855 was supposed to be able to pierce a Soviet helmet at like 700yds, which it kind of can do, but which is kind of moot because neither infantry or SAW gunners will be aiming for headshots, and certainly not at really long distances like that, much less be expected to hit. Another idea was that M855 was meant to be issued to SAW gunner, and that rifles and carbines would be issued with another load (I can't recall what this was, or if it was even thought of or determined, or if this idea was something that was seriously considered or put into practice). M855 just ended up being used for everything, despite the fact that you can do a bit better for a 20" barrel, and you can do a whole lot better with 14.5" or 11.5" barrels, where M855 will perform kind of poorly unless at really short ranges.

M193 doesn't perhaps fragment so great from the barrel of an M4A1 (indeed 14.5"), or some old CAR15, but there's ammo that does this better, such as the mentioned Mk.262 MOD 1, which has been received very favorably by people with both long rifles and carbines, essentially under the premise that it'll do hollowpoint things without technically counting as a hollowpoint (also being very consistent shooting for designated marksmen, who actually do benefit from improved accuracy).
Why this hollowpoint thing is even something people think about when the US doesn't even care about the Hague Convention, I can't for the life of me understand, the US could seriously just openly issue a hollowpoint load and tell everyone "Deal with it."

I think the dream load for carbines and rifles would be something that both penetrates armor decently, and which does good fragmentation, but I'm not sure on the physics of achieving something like that.

>> No.10363209

>>10362993
Oh right.

>A book that delves deep into the psychological makeup of traditional fantasy races sounds neat though.
Honestly, I'm not even sure where I'd take that, I know that autism differs in males and females, and I know female autism doesn't tend to operate in the same way with fixations and interests.

I'm writing her as a boyish loner who likes videogames and shooting airguns, then later real guns, with a particular interest in firearms and memorizing all the the details and history, because I don't really have the best frame of reference for female autism, I'm currently just thinking of handwaving it so that autism in elves manifests more similarly between genders, which is such a fucking bullshit idea, but it's all I can think of to be able to write her as autistic and make it feel genuine.

>> No.10363320
File: 765 KB, 2986x1969, US Marine checkpoint Kosovo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10362607

>M16A1

I was always more of an A2 fan. God I love the M203 heat shield. It's a disgrace you can't use it on the A4.

>> No.10363369
File: 58 KB, 700x248, m733-silcened.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10362607
>>10363050
>>10363187

You seem like the right person to ask this to. Would it be possible to have an old school short barrel AR like an M727 or CAR-15 with a KAC Light Arms Suppressor (the type that supposed to go all the way up the barrel to the forward sight) and a ring-mounted M203 grenade launcher? I know the ring mount would get in the way of the suppressor but I imagine you could just take apart the suppressor and re-arrange the baffles to compensate for lost space.

It's been my dream to build Gary Gordon's M733 from Black Hawk Down, but with an M203 added on as well.

>> No.10363430
File: 16 KB, 236x307, 9e78a83aa0231d0fa637154a2fd242f0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can I have some more looks on this Tragedy embryo?

>>10356432

>> No.10363685

>>10363369
I'm that middle post you linked to there, and I'm from /k/, but can't help you with that. The other guy seems more knowledgeable on AR stuff, and I actually watched Black Hawk Down not long ago, incredibly intense flick. Hope you get the answer you're looking for. If neither of us can help, try /k/ directly. Newcomers who post legitimate questions are typically answered promptly and fairly politely for the most part from my experience, though of course do keep in mind that you'll find assholes everywhere.

>> No.10363746

>>10363320
I like the A1 because the full length aesthetics, also I have shitty astigmatic eyes so magnifying optics are useless to me, hence I prefer irons.

Fixed carry handles, with the basic sight setup of the A1 is both very aesthetic and just good enough for me. Also they're rock solid.
The A2 has a lot of charm still, though it's a bit heavier for not much great reason, and the burst cam is AIDS.

>>10363369
I'm honestly not familiar with that suppressor, and have limited familiarity with them in general. I want to say it's possible for a setup like you want to exist, you can do a lot with a good gunsmith and money, and it's fiction, so there's no reason you can't improvise.

>> No.10363881

>>10342683
I really like the idea. Go for it.

>> No.10364364

>>10354280

I feel important.

>> No.10365337

A series of short stories of people's last moments called Joy.
The first would be Awake Too Early about a divorced father whose distant from his family. He goes on a bit of a nostalgia trip, realizes he misses them, and calls his daughter to make up. He goes to meet is wife and is hit by a car before he can. As he dies is final thoughts are of his family.
Another is of a military man dying of cancer. He ends up earning his rank, but won't put it on until after he passes away. His wing man push through and get it all together. He puts his ranks on in the hospital bed, and dies weeks later.
All of it is just kind of introspective bullshit.

Another thought I had was as sci-fi in the future in which humanity has embraced robotics and transfers their consciousness into machines. They keep a group of humanity alive for evolutionary reasons and for the production of power, but war eventually breaks out and the entire world goes dark. All of humanity is thought to be dead, and the power supply slowly drains as the systems aren't repaired in an efficient matter. Eventually all of humanity's consciousness is put in a sleep type mode with the power supply only being used to push a group of scientists trying to figure out a method to save the species. They go off one by one until only one is left. He finds human life and has to decide whether to use them to bring back his people, or let life start again.

>> No.10365434

A young man is the first in the family bloodline of Solomon to also carry the blood of the Archangel Michael. This unique quality allows him to revive the his bloodline's mission of banishing the Goetian order of demons back to the Ocean of Fire.
His end goal is the destruction of Baal, the arbiter of the demon invasion of Gaia and the murderer of his parents.

Through the guidance of Castellano, a longtime family friend and fallen demon opposed to Baal's influence, and the honing of his gifts, he must walk through Hellfire to enter The Abyss and end the conflict once and for all.

>> No.10365810

An ex-athlete sustains some serious brain damage over the course of his career. To the point where he can only think and speak it what amount to shitposts. His brother-in-law, a failed marketeer, thinks he can make sense of the athlete's incoherent rambling and takes it upon himself to act as an interpreter. Chapters are written from the perspectives of various people in the athlete's life. It's left to the reader to determine if the marketeer's interpretations of the athlete's speech are correct.

Story inspired by the time I made an ass of myself discussing dog penises and fecal transplants with my financial adviser. Apparently those aren't appropriate topics of conversation at dinner.

>> No.10366035
File: 26 KB, 633x636, 1510831003179.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Get this, the continents suddenly start drifting towards each other at a rapid pace, soon creating a neo-Pangea supercontinent within a generation and causing the literal clash of civilizations. The shift in borders and the mass migration of people towards the coasts causes bloody ethnic conflicts everywhere. Nation states are unable to control their populace; people become overly defensive, tribal, and barbaric to protect their own. Freshwater Rivers and lakes near the center dry up and turn into desert and weather changes kill many unprepared countries. Story focuses on the geopolitical implications and on various human perspectives but I haven't done enough research or soul searching to say how it plays out.

Thoughts?

>> No.10366061

Potential school shooters meet online to form a sleeper cell of terrorists ready to strike at anytime. They demand the government that soy be destroyed and for mandatory gfs or face annihilation

>> No.10366099

>>10349430
do it.

>> No.10366100

You fall for the bait and read 300 pages of tension building and the last page is a mirror

>> No.10366135

>>10366035
Sounds like a pretty neat premise. It would probably take some serious skill to successfully pull off though. What, with all those radically different perspectives you'd want to explore. Bet you could wring a Michener-esque epic out of it, maybe even a series.

>> No.10366527
File: 664 KB, 1000x667, 1426295073791.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Slice-of-life of a late-90's conspiracy theorist who correctly predicts an attack on American is coming in 2001, but gets all the details and such wrong, often changing his theory from month to month.

Story ends on New Year's Eve 1999.

It's a love story.

>> No.10366911

>>10360470

I think it's that people don't have enough self confidence to assert their own sense of taste, thinking that originality and content themselves are somehow what makes or breaks a work of art. So they keep looking for some 'thing' to make their work original, when really they just need the courage of their own aesthetics.

>> No.10366984

>>10341168
dude nobody cares

>> No.10366990

>>10366984

ok

>> No.10367015

>>10366035
Sounds a like a neat idea, that can easily be horrendous if not properly executed. Ponder on that more before writing.

>> No.10367033

>>10349979
>The world becomes more peaceful as the flotilla becomes a kind of voluntary prison for the overly ambitious.
I'd read it just for the payoff of a ship of fools for the wannabe venture capitalists I've met.

>> No.10367050

>>10347333
You might want to read some more contemporary stuff on mysticism. There's a collection - I don't know the name - featuring Ninian Smart. You're gonna have to respond to a lot of new arguments against perennial philosophy.

>> No.10367347

>>10363430

It can become a 10/10 work if you know how to use poetry in the dramatic medium

>> No.10367355
File: 607 KB, 1170x674, 1454347709372.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10341083
>The tropical city-state of Celocombo gripped by an enigmatic epidemic called the Moth Plague
>Incurable as far as anyone knows, and its method of transmission is likewise mysterious
>City is quarantined, and for one year is left to its fate as the plague takes its course
>Novel follows four different characters who have the lives they had previously known stolen from them:
>A sacred prostitute who loses her faith
>A merchant impressed into debt slavery
>A noblewoman trapped in a loveless marriage, bearing the child a man who rejects her
>A trainee of the Order of the Ritualists (basically religious and magical order who wield ancestor magic and convene with spirits to guide the city) who must come to terms with his newfound responsibilities after the Hierophant of the Order dies of plague
>All must deal with the rebellion of the mercenary army, who, having gone months without pay and sequestered in a doomed city, seize control of the government and the Silk Matrons, who alone in all the world keep the secrets of the precious Celocombo moonsilk
>The city becomes a character unto itself as its successive layers unravel and reform
>Examines the Platonic idea of the city and the will to power, along with free will vs. determinism, death, panta rhei/impermenance, etc.
>If a city is destroyed and rebuilt with new parts, can it still be called the same city? Similarly, if a man is destroyed and rebuilt with a new purpose, is he the same man? Or does the silt of past lives, like ancient ruins and buried foundations, continue to weigh upon him? Can we ever really remake ourselves or be remade?
>Not a quote or anything but one of the ideas
>Title is "The Plague Year"

Not even close to starting but I have the entire structure, plot, and characters mapped out. Just scared to begin ;_;

>> No.10367518

I wish I read more fiction books, I want to start writing the idea I have, mainly just to say I could, but at my current state it would probably end up being laughably amateurish. I also feel I need to be an expert on certain topics before I can include them in the story, things like economics, politics and Science/Technology does anyone else get that?

>> No.10367610

>>10360932
That down home undead waifu tho

>> No.10367729

>>10367355
>Just scared to begin ;_;
Pull da trigga, soft "a" n-word.
Maybe write here and there in your spare time. You've got nothing to lose, and with the amount of effort already invested it would be a waste not to write something.

>> No.10367936

>>10343649
I assume your reacting to everyone ITT

>> No.10367968

>>10367355
Call it Year of the Rash

>> No.10368125

>>10367729
True enough. Just having trouble thinking of a good beginning.

>>10367968
y

>> No.10368208

>>10341083
Basically the country is divided into loads of smaller kingdoms.
Prince third in line of one of the smaller kingdoms gets all Machiavelli due to his dad being a hedonistic slob living on past glories and his brothers just try to keep revolutions from erupting.
Prince the third gets like one loyal soldier which he names Weiss as a joke since she is like NOTeast-asian kinda race and his father gave her to him as a pet during one of their campaigns years back (part of his dads past "glories") prince the third generally treats Weiss nicely though except for the name and what you would expect a prince to treat his bodyguard like. Anyhows one faithful night while prince the third is getting pissy about his dad and preparing to leave for the border to help prince the second due to a possible invasion by a southern kingdom who saw an open vein he tells Weiss that in an outburst if he was king this would never have happened and Weiss tells him she will help him make it happen if he marries her. He gets a bit confused and tells her that he could only marry a true woman and since she can't give him kids it won't work. Flash forwards, so it won't get too long here. Weiss is actually a pretty insane guy, who ends up killing the princess prince the third was in love with as it turned out she couldn't have kids, these news in turn causes prince the third to kill Weiss and he is essentially left with two countries in complete chaos and staring at a bottle of poison.

>> No.10368239

>>10368125
>y
normie marketing

>> No.10368259

>>10368239
Idk how Rash is more normie than Plague

I don't mind Rash actually but this plague in particular doesn't involve rashes. It's more like a colony of moths gestate in your innards then burst out of your chest cavity and you die.

>> No.10368278

>>10342944
Well well, years of memes getting Infinite Jest memed at me and this is what convinces me to read it.

>> No.10368279

>>10368208
Holy shit I wish there was an edit button here...
So the story is set in a fantasy world, let's get that out of the way.
>Basically the country is divided into loads of smaller kingdoms
That is the country the protagonist, the guy I've just been calling Prince the third is from. Basically his home country is fractured into loads of little kingdoms.
Weiss is the only who supports him at his onset of the rebellion but he is still a prince with a personal royal guard.
Weiss agrees the prince should have an official wife essentially so he can have an heir so the royal blood line can continue, but he don't like it it's why he kills the neighboring princess for being "useless" Part of the stuff I skimmed over was the war between the brothers and the overthrowing of the father, the unification with the princess of the country Prince the third grew to love who then died. Christ I really am tired.

>> No.10368615

A lost colonized planet of a Human Galatic Empire one day uncovers an old relic that could help them regain contact with the rest of the human race. Most people support the usage of the technology to regain contact, but some land hungry governments see it has potential for conquest. The nations start pumping out propaganda to discourage the use of the tech and make their populace thoroughly against it. Shit happens, stuff escalates, boom you got a war.

>> No.10368884

>>10354625
I like it. I would get rid of the fog "eats away at solid objects". It makes no sense why the fog doesn't eat the car. It's enough if the fog kills those who breath it.

>> No.10369961

>>10363746

I prefer iron sights too but only carry handle sights. I hate BUIS.

>> No.10370087

>>10368884
Could be an airborne disease, so while out of his car he needs gas mask filters and shit, eventually he runs out of those and fuel, and he can keep the same ending.

>> No.10370792
File: 53 KB, 1200x398, COLTSP1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10369961
Yeah, you're getting me.

>> No.10371182

I want to write a novel, a grotesque about a murderer who is sentenced to taking the identity of his victim (by undergoing surgeries, taking his job etc.) and living his life

>> No.10371291

>>10360932
sold on qt vampire gf

>> No.10371310

>>10368259
Hello my next fucking nightmare

>> No.10371313

>>10371291
B-but he said she wasn't a love interest!

>> No.10372147

>>10343065
This looks like a saramago plot

>> No.10372521

>>10349031
>I hate communism: the novel

>> No.10372530
File: 18 KB, 480x344, communist manifesto1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10372521
Nothing wrong with hating Communism.

>> No.10372581

>>10372530
Truth.

>> No.10373084

>>10372521
The world's need to be reminded now and then.

>> No.10373134

A man is repulsed by furries. Unfortunately, furrydom is the norm in the society in which he lives (probably not furrydom as we would think of it, but something akin to furrydom). He goes to great lengths to conceal his disgust, but he is also sexually starved as a result of not wanting to partake. He has a friend, a sort of furry sex priest who serves as a confidant, that he vents his frustrations to. The man concedes that his hatred of furrydom is irrational, but realizes he will always violently loathe furries. The novel concludes with the man trying to attract new adherents to a sex cult he has created to cater to his own fetishes. He's not very successful.

Story inspired by my brother's bizarre sexual proclivities.

>> No.10373146

>>10357392
It's garbage. No one cares enough to go after you personally here.

>> No.10373153

>>10341083
Here's a novel idea, suck a dick.

>> No.10373158

>>10373134
>Story inspired by my brother's bizarre sexual proclivities.

Interesting.

>> No.10373168
File: 121 KB, 720x720, 1473870712803.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10349430

> reduces homeless people into puppets who are willing to band together under a common ruler
> thinks some rich bitch would be able to win in hand to hand combat with tard-strength drug addict war vets with nothing to lose
> vigilantism angle
> thinks the general public would be ok with murdering them

you must be 18 or older to post

>> No.10373173
File: 165 KB, 1920x1080, bat funny.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10373134
>The man concedes that his hatred of furrydom is irrational

>> No.10373297

>>10373158
Uh oh. You wouldn't happen to be my brother? I know he posts here occasionally.

>> No.10374184

Rich high school drug dealer's weed is stolen by a mexican day laborer who does a one day job for his dad.

Story is about the rich kid's journey through east LA trying to find the day laborer and deliver retribution.

>> No.10374471

Man is granted wish for that everything to touch become gold, but if spend gold gold turn to dog semen