[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 2.81 MB, 3000x2000, IMG_4299.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10207694 No.10207694 [Reply] [Original]

"""previous thread""" (a great one by the way)
>>10198093

adding to the discussion we had going on on what to read before tackling finnegans wake, I must add: Finn's Hotel, which is a collection of short narratives that is considered to be a "project" of Finnegans Wake.

starting today, I will read the whole joycean corpus (have already read dubliners, portrait and ulysses, so those I will re-read), and the will read in this order

>chamber music
>dubliners
>stephen hero
here it is basically the same thing as finn's hotel and finnegans wake, stephen hero is kind of a project of what came to be Portrait of the artist
>portrait of the artist
>exiles
>giacomo joyce
>pomes penyeach
these last two I don't really know where to put but as far as I know they are not connected to other of his works, just wanted to make sure I'll read all the works before Finnegans Wake
>ulysses
>finn's hotel
>finnegans wake

tips? suggestions? questions about his works?
discuss!

also requesting: any links for pdf of finn's hotel, I only found it in portuguese in b-ok and libgenrus (gladly my native tongue is portuguese but if anyone had it in english I would appreciate it)

>> No.10207707

You are ghey

>> No.10207723

Let us first acknowledge that James Joyce, like T. S. Eliot, was fundamentally a 2nd rate writer who has an inflated reputation because of his modernist stunts of no enduring worth.
Then we can appreciate how decent a 2nd rate writer he was.

>> No.10208041

>>10207723
upvoted friend! thanks for contributing

>>10207707

>> No.10208212

>>10207694
>finn's hotel
you've gotta be fucking me with this shit, it's just rebound drafts of sections of the wake

capital doin' its thing again