[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 230 KB, 1536x1156, N00530_10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10186021 No.10186021 [Reply] [Original]

i can't shake the feeling that this board is just toxic
a lot of self-congratulatory attitudes around
if you want to write, turn off the internet
if you want to talk about a book, well chances are you can't because people you know haven't read it, so..
feel affinity the old way, with the invisible thread between you and the author, which does exist if you feel an affinity, whether they're dead or not

those rare threads or comments you claim to find like gold sifted through dirt in the river
you could have found in any other more fruitful experience, with less strain on the eyes and soul
I have come to terms with my relation to the internet: as a substitute for human companionship, community, connection

it simply does not provide this, when it comes down to it, and only until I keep coming back enough times to prove this simple fact over and over to myself will I get the point and get on with the project of my life and not let it be poisoned by the plethora of strange egotistical battles I feel so easily swept into when I browse places like this

that there may have been some kind of community available to writers of the bygone era, via spontaneous congregations of the daily cafe patrons or some intentional weekly something or other, is still not of consequence -
the spirit will prevail against seemingly hopeless conditions such as "having no one to confide in"

If you haven't tried, have only yourself to confide in for once, for a long while, see how it feels, see what happens

>> No.10186040

>>10186021
>those rare threads or comments you claim to find like gold sifted through dirt in the river

how banal

>> No.10186046

>>10186040
I'm not trying to be poetic

>> No.10186174

I sometimes come here for book recommendations. Read Celine because of /lit. Don't think I would have normally. But yeah most of my time the past three years, internet has been turned off and conccenratd on writing but tonight I'm slightly drunk and not writing. so fuck you :P

>> No.10186257

>>10186174
me too (op)

just makes me remember once again why I don't come to the internet anymore

>> No.10186365

>>10186046
Lol ok bud

>> No.10186488

>>10186365
as in my seeing posts that defend the board by saying "occassionally I find some gems amid the vitriol" and me relating that in more or less the same metaphor

>> No.10186606
File: 94 KB, 478x487, b2r.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10186174
>/lit