[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 161 KB, 600x900, ride.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10087808 No.10087808 [Reply] [Original]

/lit/, what books would you suggest reading after pic related / Simulacra and simulation?

>> No.10088014
File: 34 KB, 333x499, mm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How was it? I've been slowly reading through "A Handbook for Right Wing Youth" and found it kind of dry for the most part. It's mainly hitherto untranslated stuff though, so I expect none of his best writing's in there. I have Revolt against the modern world, but not Ride the Tiger. Pic related is really nice - very short and economical - if you have any interest in fundamental differences between polytheism, monotheism, science, and rationalism. I know Survive the Jive and Stephen McNallen both love Evola, but I don't know if that's to do with them being Pagan or just right wing.

>> No.10088243

Reminder that we have become mere simulacra of our former elves, simulated creatures in a simulated world. Bound and ensnared in a world of debt, controlled by an algorithmic system of digital hypersystems we live out our lives under the guilt of a system we ourselves helped create.

>> No.10088246

try reading max stirner and slowly allowing yourself to have a laugh at your former self. traditionalism is the most faggot ideology out there. literally just a desperate move

>> No.10088314

>>10087808
The Lightning and the Sun comes next. Then you'll be ready.

>> No.10089282

>>10088314
Came here to say this

>> No.10089501

>>10088314
Don't forget Miguel Serrano

>> No.10090353
File: 125 KB, 540x405, image1-7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10087808
I hope you read Revolt Against the Modern world and Men Amongst the Ruins before that.

After these 3 I would suggest the Path of Cinnabar but its more of an overarching overview. Not entirely necessary.

I would read Guenon as he's Evola's main inspiration.
>Crisis of the Modern World
>Reign of Quantity
>King of the world :^)

After all of this I would read Codrenau's For my Legionaries

>> No.10090409

i remember when i was 17 and discovering evola, guenon, devi, spengler etc. it felt like i was enlightened and finally coming into my own but 10 years later i realize it was just another phase, like atheism before it and accelerationism after it. the first truth is that occultism, esotericism, hermeticism etc.. is all bullshit. the second truth is that the 'tiger' will never 'run its course' in your lifetime, not even your species's lifetime. it's just a phase. im in one right now the right-wing debord phase. im sure there'll be another one after that and another one after that until im old and senile and realize that I could've spent my days going for walks on islands instead of preoccupying myself with modernity and all it's vulgarities. what a waste of life

>> No.10090588

>>10090409
If you view traditionalism as a phase you were likely never a traditionalist, but an unknowing larper.

"It is possible to think oneself sincerely religious and not be at all religious at heart; it is even possible to consider oneself a 'traditionalist' without having the least notion of the real traditional spirit; and this is one more symptom of the mental confusion of our time. "

>> No.10090599

>>10090588
this is nonsense. you'll grow out of it someday. read heidegger's being and time it's more valuable than evola and will certainly save you a lot of time