[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 37 KB, 250x443, 250px-DaodeTianzun.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10069088 No.10069088 [Reply] [Original]

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Daodejing. The philosophy is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of classical chinese most of the concepts will go over a typical reader’s head. There’s also Laozi's esoteric outlook, which is deftly woven into his maxims- his personal philosophy draws heavily from obscure Spring and Autumn texts, for instance. The readers understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these adages, to realise that they’re not just nonsense- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Daodejing truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Laozi's existential catchphrase “Tianxia dou zhi mei zhi wei mei” which itself is a cryptic reference to the Zhougong's Zhouyi. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Laozi's genius wit unfolds itself on their Kindle screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Yinyang tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.

>> No.10069091

Was this worth killing a thread? Do you actually find it funny?

>> No.10069109

>>10069088

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Das Kapital. The philosophy is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of European economics most of the concepts will go over a typical reader’s head. There’s also Marx's political outlook, which is deftly woven into his critiques- his personal philosophy draws heavily from obscure Hegelian texts, for instance. The readers understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these adages, to realise that they’re not just nonsense- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Das Kapital truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Marx's existential catchphrase “What is the worldly religion of the Jew? Huckstering. What is his worldly God? Money” which itself is a cryptic reference to the Old Testament. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Marx's genius wit unfolds itself on their soviet flag-colored paperbacks. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Hammer and Sickle tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.

>> No.10069761

>>10069088
This really causes me extreme chagrin, quite immensely indeed, when some wise guy posts some obviously satirical copypasta and can't help but "cringe" at it. Fan ke wei zhu, it is perhaps the inevitable outcome of your lack of grasp on Zhuanshu style calligraphy (sub 140 iq, I'd wager a Fang Kong Qian on it, cute) not being able to detect obvious sarcasm. Yes, I'm talking about the Daodejing "copypasta", you ingrates.
This is pure twaddle. And yet it managed to fool you? Have you even read Zhuangzi, you Zhao Wen Wang?
This should have given it away to anyone who's properly practiced Wu Wei (that's a concept in Daoism, something which I understand better than many Fangshi, incidentally), but clearly these Xian do not fall into the aforementioned control over Yin and Yang (a reference to philosophy, something I have educated myself immensely in through my consumption of classical Daoist texts).
What is the Wusheng here, the referent to which we are all referring? Why, it is nothing more than an impersonation of an Shubei, made by an Shubei, for other Shubei to read and smirk amongsteth themselves, thinking themselves clever; but little do they know, that when one comes into the arena with Knowledge as their Jian (Classical Chinese for double-edged sword, feeble-minded ones) they can cut through such foolishness like a Plumbus through margarine.
Clearly, you are not wise, for if you were, you would not have risked inflaming my wrath. Clearly, you are not knowledgeable, for if you were, you would have been aware of the utter inanity of discerning any connection between "Tianxia dou zhi" and 周公周易, which I have read in the original Classical Chinese, naturally, which really helps one appreciate the playfulness of the masterful prose.
Farewell, fools. Perhaps you should be back to your regularly scheduled brain-dead "philosophy"?

>> No.10069809

Bump.

>> No.10070980

>>10069809
lol

>> No.10070994

>>10070980
>西猴思它能比东仙
Lmao

>> No.10071023

>>10069088
Why don't more western philosophers take eastern philosophy seriously? Is it because of some misplaced notion of so-called "academic rigor?" Is it because of their misguided emphasis on "logic" and "clarity," which we have nothing to show for after 2500 years of western thought? Is it latent white supremacy and cultural imperialism leftover from the likes of Hume and Kant? Or are they afraid of possibly coming to the notion that perhaps they've been looking at the world the wrong way THIS WHOLE TIME? Maybe if they came to terms with the eternal Tao and the inherent dualistic monism in the world they'd actually get somewhere...

>> No.10071037

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Philosophical Investigations. The philosophy is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the limits of human communication most of the concepts will go over a typical reader’s head. There’s also Wittgensteins's quietist outlook, which is deftly woven into his maxims- his personal philosophy draws heavily from obscure Pyrrhonian texts, for instance. The readers understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these adages, to realise that they are just nonsense- they can't say anything deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Wittgenstein truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Wittgenstein's existential catchphrase “Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen” which itself is a cryptic reference to the Frege's Sense and Reference. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Wittgenstein's genius wit unfolds itself on their Kindle screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a duckrabbit tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.

>> No.10071041

came here to see copyramen for the first time

>> No.10071190

>>10070994
what did he mean by this?

>> No.10072584

>>10071190
You have to have at LEAST a masters in Classical Chinese to understand my prose, brainlet.

>> No.10073096

Daodejing is shit

>> No.10074127

>>10073096
>says the pleb who can't understand the masterful prose

>> No.10074193
File: 29 KB, 250x352, 4782316423.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the L'existentialisme est un humanisme. The philosophy is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of sitting most of your days lounging in Parisian cafés most of the concepts will go over a typical reader’s head. There’s also Sartre's Marxist outlook, which is deftly woven into his maxims- his personal philosophy draws heavily from obscure Celinéan passages, for instance. The readers understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these adages, to realise that they’re not just nonsense- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Sartre truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Sartre's existential catchphrase “L'enfer, c'est les autres" which itself is a cryptic reference to the Das Man in Sein und Zeit. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Sartre's genius wit unfolds itself on their mass-produced Editions Flammarion paperbacks. What fools.. how I pity them.

>> No.10075288
File: 94 KB, 719x863, camus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up boulder* my name is albert but u can call me t3h d0N ju4N!!!!!!!! lol...as u can see im very absurd!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet absurd ppl like me ^_^... im 46 years old (im dead 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 kill arabs w/ my girlfriends (im unfaithful if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite absurd action!!! bcuz the sun is SOOOO hot!!!! jean-paul is absurd 2 of course but i want 2 meet more absurd ppl =) like they say we must imagine sisyphus happy!!!! lol...neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!

EXISTENCE BEFORE ESSENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein absurd again ^_^ hehe...toodles!!!!!

plague and revolvers,

* ~t3h d0N ju4N~*